• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doorman

Still wondering if somebody uses Great Knights? I found them quite useless in Sacred Stones.

Guess I'll let you know in a while. I plan to make Stahl a great knight (his speed hasn't turned out all that great this playthrough anyway, so I may as well just gear him towards being more tankish--I could use it, really). I've completely forgotten what skills they learn though, something to look into I suppose.

okay, so ultimately it doesn't matter what skill Sully passes over to her daughter, because her daughter will be able to learn any skill Sully can give her anyway on her own, correct?

Also, anyone know when second seals become available for sale?

Korosenai

So i'm on Chapter 19 (no spoilers) and decided i'd take some of my weaker units and strengthen them up on the dlc maps. I never used Donnel because everytime I did he would suck terribly and die. Well, I decided Donnel was the first person I wanted to strengthen up, and after about an hour...... holy shit! He's an absolute monster. I turned him into a Hero and now he's probably my best unit two times over (and he's not even a higher level than my 3 top guys). I can't believe I haven't used him til now and I kind of regret it.

edit: I also had him marry Nowi. Perfect couple.

okay, so ultimately it doesn't matter what skill Sully passes over to her daughter, because her daughter will be able to learn any skill Sully can give her anyway on her own, correct?

Also, anyone know when second seals become available for sale?

Pretty much. Sully passes all her possible classes to her daughter.

After Chp.16.

zroid

Banned
Just noticed this:

ac1d01e603aa474197764f3.png

So i'm on Chapter 19 (no spoilers) and decided i'd take some of my weaker units and strengthen them up on the dlc maps. I never used Donnel because everytime I did he would suck terribly and die. Well, I decided Donnel was the first person I wanted to strengthen up, and after about an hour...... holy shit! He's an absolute monster. I turned him into a Hero and now he's probably my best unit two times over (and he's not even a higher level than my 3 top guys). I can't believe I haven't used him til now and I kind of regret it.

edit: I also had him marry Nowi. Perfect couple.

Strategy? Cuz when I pair him up with someone strong he still dies.

zroid

Banned
But people told me jRPGs and their kin were dead.
I hope FE shipped enough to have some good looking sales numbers

I can say this: no other 3DS game I've owned since Mario Kart has so consistently dominated the "most recently played" among my StreetPasses.

Rocwell

So how do the renown items work? Does selecting an item subtract from your total or does it just continually go up regardless of you picking any items? I haven't seen anything tremendously unique so far so I've been holding out for something sicknasty.

Sora_N

I can say this: no other 3DS game I've owned since Mario Kart has so consistently dominated the "most recently played" among my StreetPasses.

I've had my wireless off to conserve power so I can make sure I always have battery to play FE on the bus lol.

zroid

Banned
So how do the renown items work? Does selecting an item subtract from your total or does it just continually go up regardless of you picking any items? I haven't seen anything tremendously unique so far so I've been holding out for something sicknasty.

they're just rewards you earn as you reach certain milestones, it's not a shop

I've had my wireless off to conserve power so I can make sure I always have battery to play FE on the bus lol.

Even better! :p

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The unpredictability of the reinforcements is seriously throwing a wrench in my ability to strategize.

Always cover your flank and sit your as on top of any forts where they might spawn from. But sometimes it's unavoidable and you just need to learn where / when they come.

Always cover your flank and sit your as on top of any forts where they might spawn from.

I sort of attempted this, but what was once an archer is now a magic user that can slaughter the physically oriented unit that I had before. Plus if I take out all of the reinforcements and camp my units it takes out too much to push forward. I wish the game would at least provide you with information on what appears and when. The only way I can think of being able to form a strategy is if I took notes of what enemies appear at what turn and then just restart restart restart the mission.

This is an optional mission though so maybe I'll have to come back to it.

bon

Wondering if I should have chosen hard instead of normal. It started out kind of tricky cause my units were weak, but now I'm up to chapter 11 and everybody is leveled up and nobody ever dies anymore.

Finished the game yesterday. Sunk a crazy amount of time into it. Going to take some time off before I start up a new play through. Got to clear out some of my backlog.

My question is, since this was my first FE game I played it on Normal/Classic, restarting whenever I lost a character. I found it pretty challenging, until I sorta over-leveled near the end. Donnel, Avatar, and Chrom pretty much would just move across the stage letting anyone and everyone attack them and just dominating. How does Hard or Lunatic increase the difficulty? Is the AI different or what? Towards the end I pretty much knew exactly what the AI would do and how I'd handle it.

Really loved the game. Rushed through the last few chapters, but I'm going to pay more attention to the supports and getting all the kids. Just got a bit to obsessed with this one, need to pace myself next time. It's going to be hard for any game to top this one when it comes to my game of the year. Incredibly well made. I loved my 3DS before, but this is absolutely the best reason to own one.

Rarutos

Always cover your flank and sit your as on top of any forts where they might spawn from. But sometimes it's unavoidable and you just need to learn where / when they come.

B-But, all that precious EXP... But I guess that doesn't matter as much in this game.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
B-But, all that precious EXP... But I guess that doesn't matter as much in this game.

Yeah, I feel much less need to go after every unit for Exp with all the extra missions / spawns / DLC. Especially later on when you're met with a lot more 'defeat the commander' objectives.

OceanBlue

A patch for the voice options is going to come eventually! I believe!

If Style Savvy can get a patch because one single piece of clothing, out of the tons that the game has, doesn't appear in your character's closet, they can patch an obvious bug like this.

Rarutos

Yeah, I feel much less need to go after every unit for Exp with all the extra missions / spawns / DLC. Especially later on when you're met with a lot more 'defeat the commander' objectives.

I'm actually kind of disappointed with the lack of variety of objectives in this. No defend for whatever turns chapters at all. :(

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm actually kind of disappointed with the lack of variety of objectives in this. No defend for whatever turns chapters at all. :(

I was wondering if some of those would make it into DLC.

Finished the game yesterday. Sunk a crazy amount of time into it. Going to take some time off before I start up a new play through. Got to clear out some of my backlog.

My question is, since this was my first FE game I played it on Normal/Classic, restarting whenever I lost a character. I found it pretty challenging, until I sorta over-leveled near the end. Donnel, Avatar, and Chrom pretty much would just move across the stage letting anyone and everyone attack them and just dominating. How does Hard or Lunatic increase the difficulty? Is the AI different or what? Towards the end I pretty much knew exactly what the AI would do and how I'd handle it.

Really loved the game. Rushed through the last few chapters, but I'm going to pay more attention to the supports and getting all the kids. Just got a bit to obsessed with this one, need to pace myself next time. It's going to be hard for any game to top this one when it comes to my game of the year. Incredibly well made. I loved my 3DS before, but this is absolutely the best reason to own one.

I'm not sure how much AI improves. They can still be lured out pretty easily and dispatched on Hard. They will focus on any unit that enemies in range have a good chance to KO, disregarding any personal safety. The primary difficult increase on Hard comes through levels I believe. In Lunatic, you're met with a lot more resistance; higher levels, forged weapons, enemies with Skills. But toward the end of any Fire Emblem game, you'll generally find yourself having an easier time than in the beginning. If you want a better challenge, impose some restrictions like no DLC / random battles, so you limit your Experience gained. It makes story battles much more important if they're your only source of Exp.

Boy, all you suckers playing in Japanese are missing out on the biggest party here.

Chapter 16 or 15 boss Cervantes (at the big tree) just belts out of nowhere "
SEE how my moustache... MOVES in the WIND!!!!
"

So Gregor or Vaike for Owain's dad? Is Armthrift and the other Mercenary line of skills worth it for Owain based on his luck and skill and such? Or is Vaike's stats better off for him?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Ugh. Just saw Scy's post, and realized my early classing at 20 to promote-tier was wasted. Granted, there's free infinite xp on dlc maps to fix it, but still feels bad.

And I will have to redo some of the kid choices to make sure Galeforce is got, and Noire does not inherit counter. Useful though it will potentially be for a sniper, there are definitely better choices once I took another look at her potential classes.

Also, is there a support convo unlock/recap thing after you beat the game? I imagine the convos are almost too immense to really count, especially with the avatar, but I can't imagine it not being there.

40 hrs in, still chapter 14. I don't think ill have much issue with the other chapters though lol.

after hopping around every class.... it seems like asssassin is the best?

From what I can tell, Skill is way more important than every other stat due to most good skill rely on it for procing, and assassin's have the best skill I think.

Mr. Fix

But Vaike can't give him Armthrift and Soooool

grr these decisions are getting harder and harder...

True. I wouldn't really mind though, since it'd give me more incentive to use Owain. That and the blonde hair befits him.

after hopping around every class.... it seems like asssassin is the best?

I don't know about best, but they're slippery glass canons with crits. Lon'qu as an assassin is all kinds of amazing.

Vaike is Gernome's OTD

They have the same fucking hair for god sake.

You mean Frederick!

AGITΩ

So I bought the game Physically today, after having it Digitally since launch. And Club Nintendo let me register it, after having already registered the digital version....I didn't know I could do this, since typically you can't register 2 of the same game...but still, this is awesome.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Still wondering if somebody uses Great Knights? I found them quite useless in Sacred Stones.

I made Stahl and Sully Great Knights for Luna. Don't use Stahl much, but Sully's been doing well enough.

Boy, all you suckers playing in Japanese are missing out on the biggest party here.

Chapter 16 or 15 boss Cervantes (at the big tree) just belts out of nowhere "
SEE how my moustache... MOVES in the WIND!!!!
"

That dude cracked me up. All the beard jokes lol.

Drago

Is there any way to get units that you missed the first time? Seems like I really missed out by not picking up Donnel (I would have gotten him killed if I tried to recruit him though :/ )

womp

So I have some level 10 characters...are the seals the only way to change their class?

Also, how do I get couples in love to marry and produce offspring?

I'm around chapter 6 BTW. Thanks again guys. :)

Ken

So I have some level 10 characters...are the seals the only way to change their class?

Also, how do I get couples in love to marry and produce offspring?

I'm around chapter 6 BTW. Thanks again guys. :)

Yeah, seals change classes.

Pair them up or have them fight side by side to build up their relationship (you can tell by the hearts after doing an action). Hit S rank to marry.

scy

So Gregor or Vaike for Owain's dad? Is Armthrift and the other Mercenary line of skills worth it for Owain based on his luck and skill and such? Or is Vaike's stats better off for him?

He should have 47 Luck as his max regardless of the father (or Class since no class adjusts Luck); Gregor will give him one more Skill in any of his options which means he'll hit 50 as an Assassin.

I'm personally in the same spot as you and I'm considering Gregor. Just for Armsthrift since Vaike should give Hero still. ;_;

Ugh. Just saw Scy's post, and realized my early classing at 20 to promote-tier was wasted. Granted, there's free infinite xp on dlc maps to fix it, but still feels bad.

If it makes you feel better, I grinded Donnel to 30 as a Villager and then Second Sealed to Mercenary to get Armsthrift.

About 15 of those levels in all were for 0 stat gain since I capped everything. Well, I think he got some HP and Magic. So there's that, I guess.

;_;

]And I will have to redo some of the kid choices to make sure Galeforce is got, and Noire does not inherit counter. Useful though it will potentially be for a sniper, there are definitely better choices once I took another look at her potential classes.

Yeah, I'm sitting here wondering if I care that much to get Counter for Nah and Noire ;_;

womp

Yeah, seals change classes.

Pair them up or have them fight side by side to build up their relationship (you can tell by the hearts after doing an action). Hit S rank to marry.

Right, I realized the pairing and heart part...the S rank I didn't. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom