• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the possibility of the US breaking the streetdate at Gamestop is there. A worker in Philly apparently informed me of such. Not sure how much help it would be for me in Alaska, but this happening would set my loins afire.

Lunar15

Luckily, the RNG was on my side with them 3% crits!

comic259.png

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I had some amazing level ups, I found Roy's Sword, everything was going smoothly. And then the 3% chance for the boss to critical hit happened and many tears were wept.

MechaX

Hm.. I might try to go up to GameStop tomorrow and pick it up, if the street date truly has been broken in the US.

Wait, 40% dodge means the enemy had 60% hit. Those odds aren't in his favor

And either way, tip for all you newbies, you should never trust your units to land a 60% hit or be safe with a 60% avoid. That's gonna kill ya. I only trust numbers above 80 and below 25.

Jarate

Banned
should i buy a 3DS just for this game? i love RPGs, and i've nearly played all RPGs available to the PSP.

Fire Emblem is the best SRPG series imo

The srategy aspects are 400x better then almost any pther one, and its quite hard to just "grind your way to victory"

Also guys, make sure to pick up the tom clancy srpg too, the game is good as hell

Ken

should i buy a 3DS just for this game? i love RPGs, and i've nearly played all RPGs available to the PSP.

I'm wondering if I should finally buy a 3DS XL to experience this game on a bigger screen.

Is there a lot of replay value/post-game stuff?

Jarate

Banned
I'm wondering if I should finally buy a 3DS XL to experience this game on a bigger screen.

Is there a lot of replay value/post-game stuff?

Fire Emblem doesnt have much Post Game content, but there are a lot of different difficulties and ways to play, plus all the characters level up differently, so even if you use the same characters through playthrough 1 as playthrough 2 theres a chance you could have wildly different approaches to that battles

cackhyena

The srategy aspects are 400x better then almost any pther one, and its quite hard to just "grind your way to victory"

Also guys, make sure to pick up the tom clancy srpg too, the game is good as hell
That was the only game making me want one around release time.

Fire Emblem doesnt have much Post Game content, but there are a lot of different difficulties and ways to play, plus all the characters level up differently, so even if you use the same characters through playthrough 1 as playthrough 2 theres a chance you could have wildly different approaches to that battles

This game has a hefty amount of post game content with spotpass maps and DLC maps that pretty much require grinding and class changes to beat them all.

Esura

Banned
This game has a hefty amount of post game content with spotpass maps and DLC maps that pretty much require grinding and class changes to beat them all.

Do you get to use the same party in your main playthrough or do you have to start over? And can you change waifus in the post game or have two of them? Would be nice if my Avatar could have both Nowi and Lissa.

branny

Is there a penalty for not getting married in the game? Are you forced into it?

I want my avatar to be male, but I don't want to marry a female character.

Just trying to gauge the extent of how "tragically heterosexual" Awakening is. :p
:(

Do you get to use the same party in your main playthrough or do you have to start over? And can you change waifus in the post game or have two of them? Would be nice if my Avatar could have both Nowi and Lissa.

Same party I believe so no changing waifus even if you have discovered new love with someone else.

really? Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together is a reaaally good SRPG, though. it's got a lot of options for skills and whatnot.

Only if you won't miss the money. It's completely irrational to buy a system for one game.

But I have zero regrets.

of course that would also mean i'd have access to all RPGs on the DS. with that in mind, plus 3DS games, Fire Emblem might just be a "tipping point".

Is there a penalty for not getting married in the game? Are you forced into it?

I want my avatar to be male, but I don't want to marry a female character.

Just trying to gauge the extent of how "tragically heterosexual" Awakening is. :p
:(

I believe at the most you would lose out on recruiting one character if your avatar is unmarried.

Okay this is starting to get confusing. No one who has gotten the game early has done so in the US correct? This is just a Canada only thing?

Prax

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS MY BROTHER GOT THE GAME! XD (Toronto)
NOW TO PLAY!

Yes, I think it's only a Canadian thing.

Rarutos

Do you get a chance to get all of the main characters before you have to choose?

Considering you probably don't have to choose until at least, the very last chapter, I'd say yes!

Actually, you don't even have to choose anyone at all...

I was passing judgement on the breeding guide stuff but realized I picked Aela in Skyrim for some reason. Kinda looked like my wife.

Wasn't drawing pictures of her or thinking up scenarios, but, I suppose I understand...maybe. Unless this is different, then count me out!

Takuan

Haha, she also has two giant pink bowties at the side of her hip.
What the fuck, one of the reasons I liked the art direction in this game so much was because I thought shit like this didn't exist.

If I wind up playing in Classic mode, she dies first.

iavi

I feel like the only series better than FE in the space is Tactics Ogre.

Chrom

Nono (sorry not sure what her English name is) is cute as hell <3

Her name's Nowi now.

So did the early buyers get the artbook? How is it?

Some people did, yeah. Some pictures were posted here last night, but if you just want a quick rundown, it really is just over a dozen pages showing character artwork plus short bios and a page talking about the story before the game starts. It's small in terms of volume, but it's put together really nice from what I can see.

GSR

Hope GS really is looking at breaking the street date, they told me my preorder'd be ready on the 6th, which is far too long to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom