• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

ugh... I had to restart Paralogue 18 because I had to talk to
Gangrel
3 times to recruit him! Ended up removing Chroms weapons just be sure.

That was annoying. Thank god my Chrom is so strong he's basically broken.

Seriously, dude didn't lose a single hit point in that entire three turn stretch where he was the only character within enemy range.

CSX

soo like say how much exp does one get in the exp dlc? Like is it faster than just grinding spot pass teams with all the animations and enemy skip?

If i had to guess, its full of those yellow risen enemies no?

Those guys are very weak even when they're at a high level and put out X2 exp than normal

hmmm while I enjoy class switching... I really feel like every character in the game is 'more of the same' cause of this :/

Kinda wish each character had... something unique about them... idk.

Mr. Fix

I'm tempted to buy both DLC packs currently out. Based on what is currently out, is it worth $10?

The bullions, exp and weapons one is nice to have. For the Champions of Yore set, it depends. If you're using it just to grind supports or train unused units, you're good with just the free one. The only reason why I'm buying the whole set is because I usually come back to do another playthrough every few months.

Nose Master

My game can't connect to the DLC map purchasing store in game (hangs up on "Preparing..."), but the internet connection is fine. I can use the browser and such. What gives?

Anyone got any suggestions on what skills to pass down for the following kids:

Sully x Donnel (Armthrift? The stat booster one? Sol?)

Vaike x Cherche

Cordelia (passing down galeforce) x Lon'qu

Maribelle x Henry

Sumia (passing down galeforce) x Gaius

Kellen x Nowi

zroid

Banned
I'm passing on CoY 2/3; seems like it's more fanservicey, so being new to the series, it probably won't do much for me. I'm satisfied with the free one for some quick grinding.

Definitely picking up the gold/exp/weapons pack though.

Mr. Fix

Vaike x Cherche

Maribelle x Henry

Kellen x Nowi

Maribelle can also pass down Galeforce. Not sure what to pass down with the others though.

Vaike x Cherche

Maribelle x Henry

Kellen x Nowi

Gaius should pass down Sol or Axebreaker.

If you want to pass down skills the kid can't learn, for Cherche, she could pass down Dual Support+ or Rally Resistance.

Korosenai

What level do I have to beat before I can play the new paralogue that came out today? I just beat level 19, and I think I see the paralogue on the map but I can't access it (the orange dot/island).

scy

From Sully, Luna is nice to have. Defender is worth consideration as well. Basically whichever class you'd rather not level as. From Donnel, Counter is gender unique so the kid can't get it on her own. Besides that, Aptitude is Donnel-unique so there's that.

Vaike x Cherche

Sol to save time from leveling; Deliverer from Cherche for the same reasons (plus +2 Movement op). Cherche has access to Dual Support+ and Rally Resistance so there's that too.

Astra.

Maribelle x Henry

Galeforce and Lifetaker, I guess? Can't think of anything of note here.

Astra probably. Depends on what class you'll eventually go. If you go Swordmaster anyway, might as well pass down Sol or something.

Kellen x Nowi

Who?

Nowi doesn't have anything of note so Deliverer, I guess, just to save time. That or Lifetaker. Kellam can pass on Luna, again, to save time.

Edit: This makes me realize I've literally never used Kellam since getting him. Poor guy. Then again, maybe that's ... that's the point?

Doorman

I'm feeling that Fire Emblem pain tonight.

Only three enemies left on the map, none seem particularly threatening except one appeared near an already damaged Henry. I checked the enemy's movement range and thought I could get Henry all the way into the back, blocking him with Nowi to keep him from harm's way without having to use recovery.

Apparently...I miscounted or something. Walked right up and smashed poor Hen in the face. Welp, there goes an hour and a +8 level-up from Lissa. Sigh.

I'm feeling that Fire Emblem pain tonight.

I feel the same pain. Was doing a paralogue, had my best crew in there, was taking it slow and doing real well.

Lulled into a false sense of security, I go on the offensive to protect my flank and forget to check to make sure one enemy doesn't have Counter. Sully kills herself. Time to reset.

Sigh.

Bullza2o

I just got a Master Seal and Second Seal for the first time. What should I do with them? I'm on chapter 9, with my army around level 8-14. Who do I use it on?

chrono01

I just got a Master Seal and Second Seal for the first time. What should I do with them? I'm on chapter 9, with my army around level 8-14. Who do I use it on?

I'd say use Master Seal on MU/Chrom, but only if you have them to a decent level. Even then, I'd recommend leveling them to 20 first for easy stat gains before you Promote.

Your Second Seal I'd use on Donnel [after level 15]. Re-class to Mercenary and then promote to Hero. Enjoy your broken character.

JLeack

Banned
Has anyone else run into issues with bookmarks? I just experienced my second time where the bookmark just starts me at the beginning of the battle. I've experienced this twice and have lost about an hour and 20 minutes of work. So bad.

I feel the same pain. Was doing a paralogue, had my best crew in there, was taking it slow and doing real well.

Lulled into a false sense of security, I go on the offensive to protect my flank and forget to check to make sure one enemy doesn't have Counter. Sully kills herself. Time to reset.

Sigh.

Lunatic?

Don't think I saw any enemies with Counter on normal.

I said fuck it and abandoned my lunatic playthrough.

Started on hard and I didn't have to reset 20 times to beat the prologue. Should provide a decent challenge if I don't grind to hell and back like I did in my Normal playthrough.

Lunatic?

Don't think I saw any enemies with Counter on normal.

Nope, Hard.

Granted, it's only the paralogues that are kicking my ass. After thoroughly getting my ass beat several times over in multiple paralogues, I went and did a main story chapter and basically wiped the floor with my opponents and didn't have to restart once. So it's not my team or my competency, it's just you have to be on your A game 100% of the time in the paralogues. You make one mistake and it's over.

Or you level up Donnel.

eggxVew.jpg

:lol

No lie, I was a click away from sending that to my girlfriend lol

Bullza2o

I'd say use Master Seal on MU/Chrom, but only if you have them to a decent level. Even then, I'd recommend leveling them to 20 first for easy stat gains before you Promote.

Your Second Seal I'd use on Donnel [after level 15]. Re-class to Mercenary and then promote to Hero. Enjoy your broken character.

Donnel is broken?! I did recruit him but I'll just put him aside to avoid this brokenness. I want to enjoy suffering through countless attempts just to clear each chapter.

Alright thanks for the tips. I was about to use it right now, but I don't know when I'll find another one. How can I get more of these?

chrono01

Donnel is broken?! I did recruit him but I'll just put him aside to avoid this brokenness. I want to enjoy suffering through countless attempts just to clear each chapter.

Alright thanks for the tips. I was about to use it right now, but I don't know when I'll find another one. How can I get more of these?

Yeah, Donnel is pretty much the best character in-game. His stat growths are insane, and once leveled up, can basically solo Chapters on his own.

You should find more Master Seals in the following Chapter [around 1-2], as well as spawned Anna Shops [hopefully]. If not, you're able to purchase them in-store after Chapter 13.

Bullza2o

Yeah, Donnel is pretty much the best character in-game. His stat growths are insane, and once leveled up, can basically solo Chapters on his own.

You should find more Master Seals in the following Chapter [around 1-2], as well as spawned Anna Shops [hopefully]. If not, you're able to purchase them in-store after Chapter 13.

Alright I'll check it out. I have just started to grind in this game because I got obliterated early in chapter 9.

I'm curious: Which healer does GAF use? Lissa or (early healer spoiler)
Maribelle
?

ohlawd

Alright I'll check it out. I have just started to grind in this game because I got obliterated early in chapter 9.

Maribelle
?

Both because I love mah healers. And fliers.

Maribelle
?

I basically used both of them. Pretty much helped splitting up my team into two groups with a healer in both group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom