• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Trying to level up Troubadour Maribelle and Cleric Cherche is starting to be a real drag.

If you want it to be easy, have a "decoy" to take the attacks of an enemy by killing all but one [un-equip their weapon] and hide your Healer in the corner somewhere with another. Use "Rescue" on them repeatedly each turn for easy XP. Rinse/Repeat.

ohlawd

Interesting. When I try using them both, my army feels to weak and vulnerable.
For fliers I only use Cordelia. I really can't get Sumia to level up, and she doesn't seem too helpful in the long term

I usually, and I stress usually, split my team into two for battles; one half gets Lissa, the other gets Maribelle.

I really love Sumia but I stop using her when her Strength can't keep up with enemies anymore. No point in being able to 2x if she can't do worthwhile damage. So yeah, I use Cordelia and Cherche as my main fliers excluding the units I'm grinding for Galeforce.

Frosteey

Neo Member
I'm passing on CoY 2/3; seems like it's more fanservicey, so being new to the series, it probably won't do much for me. I'm satisfied with the free one for some quick grinding.

Definitely picking up the gold/exp/weapons pack though.

These were basically going to be the only two I wouldn't buy because I've always hated Roy and I don't really like how he looks and Micaiah's outfit...

But I saved an entire dollar : (

ultron87

I have 6 of the kids available now and I've somehow managed to get nothing but girls. So I just have to pair them with their parents. Boooring.

heals

heals everywhere

Ugh.

The moment they promote and can attack, is the moment I celebrate.

If you want it to be easy, have a "decoy" to take the attacks of an enemy by killing all but one [un-equip their weapon] and hide your Healer in the corner somewhere with another. Use "Rescue" on them repeatedly each turn for easy XP. Rinse/Repeat.

Thanks. I think I finally found a role I can use Kellam for.

Cherche does not approve of being relegated to healer.
Well she's going to have to put up with it until I she gets Renewal to pass it down to
Gerome

Bullza2o

Hmm a lot of people seem to do the army splitting tactics. I should probably try that too, but it is kinda annoying getting flanked by enemy fliers from behind, with my healer exposed.

I have 6 of the kids available now and I've somehow managed to get nothing but girls. So I just have to pair them with their parents. Boooring.

What?! Lol. Never knew you can do that.

I do wish Sumia and Cordelia have better magic growth as both of their promoted class use something that relays on the magic stat. And being flying mobile healers sounds awesome until you realize they can only heal 12 HP.

Ugh.

Well she's going to have to put up with it until I she gets Renewal to pass it down to
Gerome

Renewal is a War Cleric skill and they can use axes. You do know that once a unit is promoted and level 10 it can second seal to any of its potential classes?

No. Just watch out for him murdering your low resistance units.

The moment he started moving was one of the biggest Oh Fuck! moments I've had all game. I was lucky enough Chrom and MU were nearby to kill him quickly.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Btw,

I'm about to switch classes on Panne, and she has to learn a new weapon entirely. Will she gain weapon levels in pairing with her husband, even if she doesn't actively attack in a turn?

I'd rather her growing pains with swords be as mild as possible, because her reaching 20 as a Taguel is starting to become a weak link in the group.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
yep. highest tier of waifu material. period.

dont think so.

Lame. It breaks my heart to phase her out, but grinding her on swords to make her relevant in my group again sounds like a pain.

I just don't want to remove her from the pairing with her husband, because of the sweet stat bonuses.

Smilax

I tried to level up my healers, but gave up and just decided to be really aggressive with swords and mages. Honestly, I didn't have much of a problem beating the game, then again I did grind a lot for no reason. Just to increase support ranks. :p

Lame. It breaks my heart to phase her out, but grinding her on swords to make her relevant in my group again sounds like a pain.

I just don't want to remove her from the pairing with her husband, because of the sweet stat bonuses.

She will only get weapon levels if she support attacks with the weapon equipped.

I don't know what's worse about DLC Micaiah. Her art or her model :|

Thanks. I think I finally found a role I can use Kellam for.

I found that the best place to use him to grind healers so far was in the paralogue you recruit Anna in. Just had to make sure to leave one archer alive and leave Kellam in range but behind a wall so that the healer would never be in range of the archer. Sure was boring though.

ohlawd

Letting units use joke weapons (ladle, log) levels their weapon rank faster than standard weaponry. There's also the Arms Scrolls you can use.

Renewal is a War Cleric skill and they can use axes. You do know that once a unit is promoted and level 10 it can second seal to any of its potential class?

See I haven't promoted Cherche into anything beside making her a Cleric ever since I got her.

The only reason I decided to do this was so aside from Renewal, she could also obtain the skill Miracle as well.

I don't know who to pair Tharja with; she's a fucking creeper. Don't think I want to do that to my Avatar.

tumblr_mi8z1gw7WR1qhhv13o1_500.png

How can you say no to that adorable face?

Btw,

I'm about to switch classes on Panne, and she has to learn a new weapon entirely. Will she gain weapon levels in pairing with her husband, even if she doesn't actively attack in a turn?

I'd rather her growing pains with swords be as mild as possible, because her reaching 20 as a Taguel is starting to become a weak link in the group.

She'll only gain weapon experience if she preforms a dual strike.

What happens if I don't do one of the Paralogues? Will I get another chance at it later or if I do a story mission will it be gone forever?

ohlawd

What happens if I don't do one of the Paralogues? Will I get another chance at it later or if I do a story mission will it be gone forever?

You can always do it laturr; Paralogues will never go away until you know... actually finish them.

Take your time learning new skills to pass down to your seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom