• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

massoluk

Banned
eggxVew.jpg

:lol

Amazing.
Nintendo Marketing is hitting all the chord these days.

Also, am I the only one feeling we're stepping into some dangerous Eugenics experiments territory in this thread? lol.

God damn, stuck on the second chapter in lunatic mode. Sully is useless because everything doubles her and the same for Virion. Frederick can only do so much. I'm trying not to let him soak up any exp but it's pretty much unavoidable.

mercviper

God damn, stuck on the second chapter in lunatic mode. Sully is useless because everything doubles her and the same for Virion. Frederick can only do so much. I'm trying not to let him soak up any exp but it's pretty much unavoidable.

It's really unavoidable for the first 3 missions. Ch. 3 you can babysit and share more of the exp before the bridge and same with Ch. 5 and the first paralogue. It's as far as I am and hopefully the levels gained from Ch. 5 provide enough tanks to baby more people in 6+. I hope I can farm the risen that are popping up now because they're levels 12-14 and aside from frederick I only have 1 person above level 10. Before I did Ch. 5 I don't think I had anyone before Kellam above level 5.

It's really unavoidable for the first 3 missions. Ch. 3 you can babysit and share more of the exp before the bridge and same with Ch. 5 and the first paralogue. It's as far as I am and hopefully the levels gained from Ch. 5 provide enough tanks to baby more people in 6+. I hope I can farm the risen that are popping up now because they're levels 12-14 and aside from frederick I only have 1 person above level 10. Before I did Ch. 5 I don't think I had anyone before Kellam above level 5.

Looks like I'll have to feed Freddy a bit then until I can get past 3 at least. The reason I went for a lunatic run is because I grinded for hours on my normal run until I had all the kids and the skills I wanted on them then just steamrolled the remaining chapters.

Doesn't seem like I'll be able to do that on Lunatic since if I remember reading that the reeking boxes cost like 4000 a pop or something.

mercviper

Looks like I'll have to feed Freddy a bit then until I can get past 3 at least. The reason I went for a lunatic run is because I grinded for hours on my normal run until I had all the kids and the skills I wanted on them then just steamrolled the remaining chapters.

Doesn't seem like I'll be able to do that on Lunatic since if I remember reading that the reeking boxes cost like 4000 a pop or something.

Yeah they're 4800g and the Spotpass Teams only gives you 1xp per hit/kill. gg grinding. DLC gives regular gains though, so I think if you really want to grind, use that. Kinda sad about the farmable map pack coming out but that's a conscious choice to utilize.

Smilax

I finally finished the game! This has to be my favorite game on the 3DS, is there any end game content? If not, that's fine, I planned on replaying it as the Female Avatar and trying different conversations.

Gestahl

Yeah after I finished chapter 4 and got Lon'qu I thought my game must of been bugged because someone other than Frederick could take on more than one enemy at a time and survive (there is always more than one). He ended up soloing the wyvern reinforcements in 9 with a wyrmslayer.

vall03

after finishing Champions of Yore 3, I decided to try one of the difficult SpotPass teams. All I can say is, Counter is a terrible terrible skill.
If you're on the receiving end of it :(

Anteo

I finally finished the game! This has to be my favorite game on the 3DS, is there any end game content? If not, that's fine, I planned on replaying it as the Female Avatar and trying different conversations.

The only thing you can get is new paralogues from spotpass or extra dlc stages that go from underwhelming (the first 3) to a map with units that go over the stat cap.

after finishing Champions of Yore 3, I decided to try one of the difficult SpotPass teams. All I can say is, Counter is a terrible terrible skill.

Well it is one of the few skills that works better for the enemy than for you since they don't care if someone takes too much damage while you start worrying if someone on your team is going to die.

vall03

Well it is one of the few skills that works better for the enemy than for you since they don't care if someone takes too much damage while you start worrying if someone on your team is going to die.

My best units died because of it. I also had to scamper and rely on the two ranged units I had for that map. 1 Bow Knight and 1 Sorcerer. Thank god, they were also capable and able to finish the map on their own.

Just wait until the EXP DLC comes out.

Because every enemy on the map is an Entombed with Counter as their skill. So if someone thinks they can just breeze through the entire thing without the proper setup, they're in for a very rude awakening.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member

Because every enemy on the map is an Entombed with Counter as their skill. So if someone thinks they can just breeze through the entire thing without the proper setup, they're in for a very rude awakening.
2141481-fry.jpg

It continues to astound me how much content this game has with how clearly high budget it was; glorious graphics, animation and beautiful cel-shaded cutscenes are top notch!

Isn't that just the level 30 Entombed on the map?

Isn't that just the level 30 Entombed on the map?
Yes.

Not saying it isn't that hard since those Entombed don't actually retaliate against you (they do have high HP which is troublesome), but it is something people should be aware of if they are wanting to use that DLC to grind EXP. Especially if its their first time playing on that particular map.

Rarutos

I thought only one of them had counter?

Moonlight

Banned
Alright, can someone help me out? I've just hit level 20 as a Sniper with Noire, and I wanna know what's the best way to go from here. Here's what her stats look like right now:

HP: 61
Str: 30
Mag: 29
Skill: 44
Spd: 39
Lck: 24
Def: 39
Res: 19

Skills: Patience, Vengeance, Bowfaire, Lifetaker, Hit Rate +20

With potential class change options being: Great Knight, General, Bow Knight, Assassin, Trickster, Valkyrie, War Cleric, Sniper, Dark Knight, Sorcerer, Knight, Archer, Thief, Troubadour, Dark Mage

I've been leaning towards Bow Knight or Assassin, but I'm at a crossroads here because I'm not really sure what's best for the stats that the RNG has blessed Noire with.

Doorman

Is "you" supposed to be "your" in that Emmeryn card? Would that make more sense? I'm honestly not sure, lol.

No, it's supposed to be "you," I think the issue with it is actually punctuation more than anything. A comma or two to help separate out the subject would have helped.

"I'd die for you, Valentine, and in this game death is eternal."

zroid

Banned
I think there's supposed to be a comma after "you."

You makes sense because it's referring to the other person as their Valentine.

I'm still not convinced >_>

Using "Valentine" as a title is so bizarre. To me, anyway.

The text is completely different - although the sibling supports basically fit into two molds - there's one for Lucina and one for Morgan, kind of like all father supports of the same child are similar. Also, Lucina's has precedence over Morgan's.

Ahh ok, I see. So it doesn't really matter who the other characters are, the conversations are more or less the same.

Alright, can someone help me out? I've just hit level 20 as a Sniper with Noire, and I wanna know what's the best way to go from here. Here's what her stats look like right now:

With potential class change options being: Great Knight, General, Bow Knight, Assassin, Trickster, Valkyrie, War Cleric, Sniper, Dark Knight, Sorcerer, Knight, Archer, Thief, Troubadour, Dark Mage

I've been leaning towards Bow Knight or Assassin, but I'm at a crossroads here because I'm not really sure what's best for the stats that the RNG has blessed Noire with.

Wouldn't magic work better with your noire?

Yes.

Not saying it isn't that hard since those Entombed don't actually retaliate against you (they do have high HP which is troublesome), but it is something people should be aware of if they are wanting to use that DLC to grind EXP. Especially if its their first time playing on that particular map.

Yeah, mostly a rule not to be so greedy. Of course I learned that the hard way when I didn't realize some of the units in the gold DLC had vantage. Poor Marth getting smacked for 46 damage, lol.

I thought only one of them had counter?

Actually sorry I made a mistake.

It's not every Entombed, just the ones that are lv30.

They are still mixed in with the normal ones so you'll still have to be careful

Sorcerer class because its basically the best class in the game because of how good MAG is in this game, being able to tank alot of damage, and having access to Nosferatu/Aversa's Night.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Aw, so, based on what I've read, it seems four 1st-Generation characters end up alone...for me that's Gaius, Anna, Stalh, and Henry.

scy

Gaius gives his daughter access to Dark Flier for Galeforce, makes him one of the best dads right there alone. Stahl has access to good classes for passing down too (namely, getting Luna and Astra).

Gaius gives his daughter access to Dark Flier for Galeforce, makes him one of the best dads right there alone. Stahl has access to good classes for passing down too (namely, getting Luna and Astra).

Too bad Vaike doesn't do the same even though he has the Fighter class.

By the time I noticed it was too late.

SpotPass characters and DLC Micaiah have nearly replaced my entire team. Since this is a new playthrough I'm not so worried about supports. The Golden Gaffe DLC totally made forging weapons actually viable, which is kinda awesome!

SpotPass characters have access to all their gender's classes, so that made them a lot more useful!

Busaiku

Praise the Gods for The Golden Gaffe.
Every single person is now promoted, and I have some money for Silver weapons, after just 1 run.

But I'm gonna run outta Levin Swords at this rate...

Ponn

Banned
I like how you dont have to grind as long as you do everything presented. I already have most everyone to 20 and promoted who i could with what master seals i had and used a couple 2nd seals on others and having them run through their base class again. Chapter 9 was W...T...F? Im on chapter 12 now.

Can i farm master seals and if so where.

I promoted Gaius to Assassin and hooking him up with Cordelia. He got access to bow but is at E class and only bow i have is a 3 shot glass bow. Where and what is another e class bow so i can trsin him?

Olivia has an awesome ability but im having a bitch of a time keeping her alive. Its like all the enemies swarm to her everytime. Im not worrying about stats being passed down right now just hooking characters up with who i think they should be. Funnest so far is hooking Ricken up with that masochist, gloomy goth dark mage girl.

Busaiku

I promoted Gaius to Assassin and hooking him up with Cordelia. He got access to bow but is at E class and only bow i have is a 3 shot glass bow. Where and what is another e class bow so i can trsin him?

You can get Bronze Bows pretty early on.

vall03

ugh... I had to restart Paralogue 18 because I had to talk to
Gangrel
3 times to recruit him! Ended up removing Chroms weapons just be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom