• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Well we aren't truly min/maxing otherwise the dads would be Henry/Libra due to the dark mage/sorceror being brokenly good
thanks counter for making melee suck

:lol, true.

The one thing I did do was go out of my way to not do that.

TWILT

Banned
Chrom almost died trying to recruit
Gangrel, since I unequipped him without any weapon so he can talk to Gangrel 3 times without killing him
, but I did it. Think I'll build his support with my avatar to see what kind of conversations he has.

I want mooorreee already.

chrono01

Ok dude. WTF. I'm 30 hours in and I'm at Chapter 20. Are you playing the same game I'm playing?

Haha. While we're definitely playing the same game, it's in very different ways. I'm always about leveling/maximizing my characters in every RPG I play, so when there's a cast as large as the one in Fire Emblem, especially considering its addictive nature, it becomes a very dangerous thing.

I should be moving on soon, though, considering Frederick/Olivia are the last pair I need to work on, and thankfully, I won't be using the children [at least initially] so I won't need to focus on them until after I complete the game.

Holy shit why is Paralogue 16 so fucking hard. I haven't had a hard time at all with this game until now and I don't think I can beat it.

Can you even quit out of a battle and go back to the map screen? Or do you have to just suffer through it and lose?

Holy shit why is Paralogue 16 so fucking hard. I haven't had a hard time at all with this game until now and I don't think I can beat it.

Can you even quit out of a battle and go back to the map screen? Or do you have to just suffer through it and lose?

L+R+Start is a soft reset.

tuffy

I've just been bookmarking which does a quick save, then continue from the level start which deletes the bookmark. Seems to work pretty fast.

chrono01

I finally decided on my future wife

I'm going to marry Anna guys

If you do, you'll miss out on having an additional child as your MU.

Considering the children of both Chrom/MU are amazing [thus having as many as possible is recommended], that's rather unfortunate. But hey, when you love someone...

NeonZ

Why?! Why did they give Mia's 3d model short hair? What is this?! Yeah, I know that these models don't quite match up, and use generic pieces, but they have long hair for these models, so giving Mia short hair is just weird.

FE09_Mia_01_zpsc49fad28.jpg

Oh, well, her out of class skill is Prescience which is decent enough, I guess. Anyway, I reclassed her to mercenary, since the outfit kind of fits her better.

FE09_Mia_02_zps4d79455e.jpg

I just noticed they have a 2d map sprite for Ike in the Bonus teams for Path of Radiance. Has that ever appeared anywhere else before or did they make it just for this game?

PK Gaming

Considering the children of both Chrom/MU are amazing [thus having as many as possible is recommended], that's rather unfortunate. But hey, when you love someone...

yeah

I was wrestling with that for a while now

but look at it this way, MU is the only one who can marry Anna, and my next playthrough is going to feature a female MU, so I figured I might as well give her eternal happiness

plus it's Anna

<3

chrono01

yeah

but look at it this way, MU is the only one who can marry Anna, and my next playthrough is going to feature a female MU, so I figured I might as well give her eternal happiness

plus it's Anna

<3

All valid reasons.

I hope you two are happy. :)

TWILT

Banned
yeah

plus it's Anna

<3

Another happy customer! :O

NeonZ

I just noticed they have a 2d map sprite for Ike in the Bonus teams for Path of Radiance. Has that ever appeared anywhere else before or did they make it just for this game?

It was used in the GC save file management menu. Micaiah never had one though, it was just bird Yune there, so it'll be interesting to see what they'll do about Radiant Dawn.

mercviper

You lose out on a child this way? Are there not enough males in the cast to produce offspring for the remaining waifus that can rear them? Just wondering since I thought MU always produces a child.

Guys, Ive read many times in this thread that Donnel is a beast after leveling him up a bit. Heck, someone called him the "God in farmer's clothing", which is a badass nickname. My question is: at around what level can I send him out on his own? Right now I have him paired up with one of my other strong units and he's been gaining levels by doing follow-up attacks. I want to have him fight on his own so he can pair up with Lissa and I can marry them off. Thanks for the help.

chrono01

You lose out on a child this way? Are there not enough males in the cast to produce offspring for the remaining waifus that can rear them? Just wondering since I thought MU always produces a child.

You'll get a child from the MU [well, Anna will give birth, I guess, not your MU, that would be...disturbing...], but Anna will not give one herself.

Basically,

MU + Anna = One awesome child
MU + Sumia/Tharja/etc. = Two awesome children

Guys, Ive read many times in this thread that Donnel is a beast after leveling him up a bit. Heck, someone called him the "God in farmer's clothing", which is a badass nickname. My question is: at around what level can I send him out on his own? Right now I have him paired up with one of my other strong units and he's been gaining levels by doing follow-up attacks. I want to have him fight on his own so he can pair up with Lissa and I can marry them off. Thanks for the help.

Pretty much after being promoted to a Mercenary or Fighter he becomes viable.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
You'll get a child from the MU [well, Anna will give birth, I guess, not your MU, that would be...disturbing...], but Anna will not give one herself.

Basically,

But can't other male characters have children with the other fertile females? I don't see how you really miss out as long as every female capable of having a child marries someone.

mercviper

Basically,

Oh okay, I just thought all the children were awesome. Didn't realize that MU/Chrom gave exceptionally awesome children.

Basically,

Yeah you're not really losing out on getting another child, you're losing out on having MU having another child.

Draxal

But can't other male characters have children with the other fertile females? I don't see how you really miss out as long as every female capable of having a child marries someone.

He passes every normal class + tactician/grandmaster to the kid. Severa's is really good, Severa with Ignis is the queen of murder, and with veteran levels extremely fast.

chrono01

Anna will never produce a child. If you marry her to someone else, they will never bear a child. The only way you can get a child with Anna is if you marry her to someone like Chrom/MU, and only because each of those gain two children.

But yes, since there's more males than females, you won't miss on a child permenently, since you can always marry another. In the case of Chrom/MU, though, since their children are so great [thanks, in parts, to their stats/classes/skills/etc.], having two is definitely better than having one. At least, in my opinion.

zroid

Banned
Is there a difference between sibling supports and the romantic supports between those same characters if they're unrelated? From ranks C through A, of course.

NeonZ

Is there a difference between sibling supports and the romantic supports between those same characters if they're unrelated? From ranks C through A, of course.

The text is completely different - although the sibling supports basically fit into two molds - there's one for Lucina and one for Morgan, kind of like all father supports of the same child are similar. Also, Lucina's has precedence over Morgan's.

Jarekx

So does the game auto save over your first slot if you make a new game? Im pretty sure I didn't get to select a slot and now my most recent save was overwritten ny this new file. I guess its my own fault but I lost a few chapters + paralogues and a lot od grinding.

Guess my new lunatic run is going to be my main one now. :p

I'm sure I'm super late to discovering this, but the SpotPass guest characters sell totally different items than the shop they spawn on. Lyon for example sell all four B rank spell Tomes and Eliwood sells thing like his sword and Hector's axe. I thought that was kind of awesome and useful.

chrono01

So does the game auto save over your first slot if you make a new game? Im pretty sure I didn't get to select a slot and now my most recent save was overwritten ny this new file. I guess its my own fault but I lost a few chapters + paralogues and a lot od grinding.

Guess my new lunatic run is going to be my main one now. :p

Every time you save you're given the option to choose the file.

As long as you don't choose the first, you should be fine.

NeonZ

How do I get the SpotPass stuff?

There's a spotpass option in the main menu that needs to be on. After that, go to the world map, activate the menu, Wireless option, bonus box and choose to update, you should get the new content.

Also, I don't know why, but you need a very strong connection to download things here. My 3DS can list a 3 point connection, but I still need to approach the router to make the game acknowledge that updates are available. Don't know why this happens, but just warning you in case you get the message about nothing new being available.

Rarutos

Anna will never produce a child. If you marry her to someone else, they will never bear a child. The only way you can get a child with Anna is if you marry her to someone like Chrom/MU, and only because each of those gain two children.

Uhm, Anna can't marry anyone other than the Avatar, period.

Rarutos

Oh really? Well that's...interesting. Poor Anna. :(

Thanks for the clarification!

Yeah, there's a few characters that don't have anyone to marry other than the Avatar. I don't really mind that, but I just wish they had more support conversations in general! Anywho, they are
Anna, Tiki, Flavia, Basilio, and Say'ri. As well as the Spotpass Paralogue characters.

Finally tried the demo, wow this game really is impressive. I was hoping to get a retail copy but it's looking like I'll use the eshop instead for this one.

chrono01

Yeah, there's a few characters that don't have anyone to marry other than the Avatar. I don't really mind that, but I just wish they had more support conversations in general! Anywho, they are
Anna, Tiki, Flavia, Basilio, and Say'ri. As well as the Spotpass Paralogue characters.

Thanks.

I knew about the others, but I thought Anna had a limited pool of possible marriage candidates [I had no idea that the MU was the only one she could marry].

She's such a fun character too, that's greatly depressing. :(

Ferrio

Banned
Finally tried the demo, wow this game really is impressive. I was hoping to get a retail copy but it's looking like I'll use the eshop instead for this one.

I really don't wanna use the eshop.. but fuck there's nothing anywhere for retail.. and no indication there will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom