• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulhouf

There's better uses of the Avatar but I suppose you could get something better. Though, min/max wise, you might as well put the Male Avatar with one of the kids anyway :x

And I was just saying that it's a good pairing. I thought you were saying you regretted it for something along the lines of it being bad or something.

I regret having to do the same pairing again in Lunatic. That's all.

Female avatar is already broken given the number of useful skills she can have and doesn't need any children. Making a male avatar means only his kids will be awesome, but they won't have the Lord class skills either.
Female avatar x Chrome = all the avatar skills + Lord skills for the children, right?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Draxal

So is it better to have female MU + Chrom for 2 really strong kids over Chrom + Olivia and fem MU + other person for 4 somewhat powerful kids?

Basically, female mu is the only way for
Lucina
to get dark magic, and all the other fathers only give one kid.

I regret having to do the same pairing again in Lunatic. That's all.

Female avatar is already broken given the number of useful skills she can have and doesn't need any children. Making a male avatar means only his kids will be awesome, but they won't have the Lord class skills either.
Female avatar x Chrome = all the avatar skills + Lord skills for the children, right?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Only thing is
Lucina will inherit all the lord skills, morgan would only inherit rightful king (which is still very good). Male Morgan is better then female Morgan if he inherits galeforce from the MU, as he'll can get quick slash from the dlc)

If it means having to marry boring and dull Chrom, it's not worth it.

I already kind of resent how he's forced into your party most of the time.

mercviper

Basically, female mu is the only way for
Lucina
to get dark magic, and all the other fathers only give one kid.

Only thing is
Lucina will inherit all the lord skills, morgan would only inherit rightful king (which is still very good). Male Morgan is better then female Morgan if he inherits galeforce from the MU, as he'll can get quick slash from the dlc)

Oh right, since kids are based on the mothers derp. Guess that would make it 3 instead of 2 from what I was saying. Well if Female MU is best choice then I feel less worried about finding another person to build support with to marry off so I can get ChromXOlivia.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
8 EXP/kill would mean 80 EXP per clear. On Lunatic(+), it'd be 10 EXP/clear, I believe, since the SpotPass EXP is heavily reduced.

Yeah I've been getting more than that, closer to 15-20. I'm playing on normal though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
To be fair, that's quite like a lot of pairings.
"Oh here's suddenly a ring. Despite never mentioning it before, I like you!"

To be fair, if we are to use our own medieval history as a touchstone, that's pretty much how it DID work.

"I'm looking for a wife, and I like you. Let's get married." "Yeah, we'll probably bought die of cholera tomorrow, anyway, so let's do it."

So, I just noticed Panne is still leveling despite having hit 20. What's the max level for taguels (and for that matter, promoted classes in general)?

scy

She isn't though, female mu is. And female MU is better then a male MU in a min/max sense.

Avatar is the best pair for everyone. I was speaking strictly about the non-Avatar options.

Edit: Besides, min/max be damned, my Avatar is going with Tharja every time :x

So is it better to have female MU + Chrom for 2 really strong kids over Chrom + Olivia and fem MU + other person for 4 somewhat powerful kids?

Essentially.

Edit: That's a great answer to a non yes/no question ;_; Avatar + Chrom would ultimately be better than Chrom + Waifu and Avatar + Husbando!

Yeah I've been getting more than that, closer to 15-20. I'm playing on normal though.

It was more about the least amount of EXP you'd get per clear after tons of promotions and all that. Should be down to at worst 8 EXP/kill for anything below Lunatic in difficulty.

So, I just noticed Panne is still leveling despite having hit 20. What's the max level for taguels (and for that matter, promoted classes in general)?

Special case Classes like Dancer, Villager, Taguel, Manakete, etc. will cap at Level 30. Every other class is 20.

Okay dudes, after all the pressure I devoted my time to leveling Donnel to lv 20 and then Master Sealed him to Merc. He's coming along nicely.

I have question though, I'm finding the paralogues really tough. Is there a suggested order to tackle them?

ohlawd

So am I automatically screwed with Chrom waifu'ing Olivia if I already have C/B/A support with the other females?

What if I'm allowed to view the C support convo but don't initiate it?

Draxal

Avatar is the best pair for everyone. I was speaking strictly about the non-Avatar options.

Edit: Besides, min/max be damned, my Avatar is going with Tharja every time :x

Oh I think it's very debatable for nonavatar with sumia/olivia.
lucina mainly gets swordfaire/astra from olivia, but she can't get aegis/pavise super tank combo and also you're kinda nerfing inigo in this matter as you're locking him out of the sorcerer class.

So am I automatically screwed with Chrom waifu'ing Olivia if I already have C/B/A support with the other females?

What if I'm allowed to view the C support convo but don't initiate it?

Nah, just marry the other ones off before that happens.

scy

Oh I think it's very debatable for nonavatar with sumia/olivia.
lucina mainly gets swordfaire/astra from olivia, but she can't get aegis/pavise super tank combo and also you're kinda nerfing inigo in this matter as you're locking him out of the sorcerer class.

I guess it depends on what our goal is. Sorceror for everyone (who can get it)? That changes a lot of pairings and I'm not sure how many people care that much about that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I changed Chrom to Cavalier after finishing his Great Lord run... why isn't he earning any stats when leveling up?!

Draxal

I guess it depends on what our goal is. Sorceror for everyone (who can get it)? That changes a lot of pairings and I'm not sure how many people care that much about that.

Sorcerer + Gale Force + 2nd gen char (preferable male due to quickslash, but try to keep the balance even for S rank). This is for a theoretical top of the line minmaxing, that I'm not even following.

(I don't like Henry and Libra, and I'd be forced to use them if following this.).

Quick question; I'm importing a NA 3DS XL + Fire Emblem, how is the DLC handled over there? Is it free for a limited time, and if so, for how long?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before, I'm avoiding all FE threads in fear of spoilers.

Are you in Europe? You guys are getting an XL bundle with FE, so you could just wait for that.

scy

Sorcerer + Gale Force + 2nd gen char (preferable male due to quickslash, but try to keep the balance even for S rank). This is for a theoretical top of the line minmaxing, that I'm not even following.

(I don't like Henry and Libra, and I'd be forced to use them if following this.).

Well in that case... :x

Yeah, Henry and Libra need to be used for it and that's ... eh, I don't care that much! I just want to min/max my pairings with my intended goals.

So I changed Chrom to Cavalier after finishing his Great Lord run... why isn't he earning any stats when leveling up?!

He's most likely stat capped while in that class. Those levels won't net him anything. Barring a few situations (Armsthrift from Mercenary), just skip right to the Promoted Class when you're Second Sealing around.

mercviper

I want Donnel to be able to use Axes as a Villager so I can have him attacking things with the ladle I found while also wearing a pot on his head. :x

Speaking of Donnel, I need to find a fucking archer with high defense to level him up on or something. He does shit damage so I have to hope he dual attacks to even bring up efficiency since he dies on the counterattack lol.

Are the stats green?

I'm guessing you're probably stat capped since you reclassed to a base class which has lower stat caps than promoted classes.

Jachaos

I thought Fred was much tankier for me at this point. Well, 4 hits and everyone hitting him with like 30% hit rate.

Anyway, what I did for the part past the bridge was I rushed Fred into a fort and equipped him with a sword, and he hung out there til it was just the boss, whom I lured back to the rest of the group to finish off. If you're using a lance still on that level the axes are going to eat you alive.

Thanks, just managed to do it. At first the Lord of the RNG was screwing me royally, what with them having 42% hit rate and all of them hitting. I had to give Virion's Elixir to Stahl, my Avatar's sword to Stahl, and then pair up Frederik with him, go two squares below the left fort and wait there while regenerating. Chrom and Avatar and the rest took care of the two units that came down (not in the same turn, because they wouldn't have been able to kill them both). Even then, I completed it but got meh growths (HP and Skill +1 for Chrom, HP and Magic and Resistance + 1 for my HP+/STR- Avatar) except for Frederick, who got +1 in pretty much everything.

ohlawd

Nah, just marry the other ones off before that happens.

The only pairing I have planned out for Chrome's waifus are Gaius x Sumia. I have Henry x Maribelle too but given Henry comes after, I can't lock out Maribelle.

I'll have to do something with Sully too. I'll just have to play it safe.

kswiston

Saw this last night for $6. What exactly is this DLC?

The $6 one is a package of 3 DLCs.

The Golden Gaffe is the first. Basically you defeat a bunch of Risen for cash (50k or so on normal).

The second piece of DLC will come out next week and seems to be related to bonus exp

The third one lets you farm legendary weapons.

All three are game-breaky, but should be fun on subsequent playthroughs.

kswiston

Why is one $2 and the other $6?

They are $2.50 and $6. The $2.50 DLC is one of three DLC's in the $6 pack. Basically, if you buy the pack you save $1.50 over the individual DLC prices.

So, if the kiddies on GFAQs are correct, CoY3 can be farmed repeatedly for the All Stats +2 Manual. Good golly!

There is so much exploitable stuff in this game between DLC, Spotpass, and the random battles, that the first couple of difficulties aren't really much of a challenge. That's fine though. Lunatic and Reverse Lunatic are there if you want challenge.

Draxal

what is the limit breaker? I am sure I have it since I beat all three of those maps, but I don't remember receiving it.

It's a future dlc skill, it basically lets you have +10 to all stats. It rewards additional grinding or usage of stats items.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I want Donnel to be able to use Axes as a Villager so I can have him attacking things with the ladle I found while also wearing a pot on his head. :x

Speaking of Donnel, I need to find a fucking archer with high defense to level him up on or something. He does shit damage so I have to hope he dual attacks to even bring up efficiency since he dies on the counterattack lol.

Are the stats green?

I'm guessing you're probably stat capped since you reclassed to a base class which has lower stat caps than promoted classes.

Hmm... haven't checked his stats. What should be the apt "Stat Rating"? Also, pair Donnel with your avatar to level him up faster to reclass!

You sure he's not capped already?

I'll check. So if he's capped, I'll stick him to Great Lord?

mercviper

Hmm... haven't checked his stats. What should be the apt "Stat Rating"? Also, pair Donnel with your avatar to level him up faster to reclass!

I'll check. So if he's capped, I'll stick him to Great Lord?

Oh I didn't realize the Avatar's skill applied to their pair up partner.

Since you already changed him to Cavalier, probably best to just hit 10 asap and then promote.

Anteo

Wait, Golden Gaffe enemies get stronger with every replay? I beat the stage with a new save game (killed all the lvl 1 and 10 enemies) and now all of them are promoted units!

Man, I'm reaching that point when all of my main units are close to lv20 and I have too few Master Seals, too many Second Seals, and not enough money to buy the Master Seals I want =.=

Wait, Golden Gaffe enemies get stronger with every replay? I beat the stage with a new save game (killed all the lvl 1 and 10 enemies) and now all of them are promoted units!

Is one of the save files a different difficulty?

kswiston

Man, I'm reaching that point when all of my main units are close to lv20 and I have too few Master Seals, too many Second Seals, and not enough money to buy the Master Seals I want =.=

Random battles almost always drop at least 1000g. You could farm those to buy a seal or two.

Anteo

Its the same save file, I started a new one, got Ch 4 and went to the DLC stage, there were lvl 1 and lvl 10 pre promoted units among the promoted ones, got some decent level ups, so I tried to get in there again, and now ALL of them are promoted units! My units are around 5-7 prepromoted now.

GeekyDad

All the dlc can be farmed repeatedly for that All Stats + 2 isn't great, but the 2 unique classes and limitbreaker are.

Yeah, just added $10 and was about to download CoY3 just for that book, but yeah, I think I will hold out for the essential stuff.

So at "three" a week that means five weeks of DLC total. All the DLC should be released by mid April then?

I don't expect every week to have more than one release really. Even then, you also have to consider the possibility of there being a gap of time without releases between the first and second "seasons" of DLC.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Special case Classes like Dancer, Villager, Taguel, Manakete, etc. will cap at Level 30. Every other class is 20.

Good to know. Thanks. That should make Panne more viable.

How are you guys approaching forging?

Not at all. I haven't touched forging since I started the game. I might do something with it for Panne and Nowi to make stones more powerful in late game, but everyone else doesn't seem to need it. (might just jack up Mt for Beast and Dragon stones)

I would hold off until you're sure a given unit is going to be using the same weapon for the rest of the game. Otherwise it seems like kind of a waste of money, especially if you intend to reclass before promoting.

PBalfredo

xd0pgJz.jpg

My favorite part about Awakening's already awesome cover art is that I just realized Kellam is there, but he's the hardest to notice because he's the furthest in the background, partially faded out, and his face is obscured by Chrom's knee.

Fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom