• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercviper

[IM G]http://i.imgur.com/xd0pgJz.jpg[/IMG]

My favorite part about Awakening's already awesome cover art is that I just realized Kellam is there, but he's the hardest to notice because he's the furthest in the background, partially faded out, and his face is obscured by Chrom's knee.

Fantastic.

Thats amazing.

Man, I'm reaching that point when all of my main units are close to lv20 and I have too few Master Seals, too many Second Seals, and not enough money to buy the Master Seals I want =.=

Is one of the save files a different difficulty?

Leif's Blade + Donnel = Infinite Money

My Leif's Blade on Donnel's son, Inigo, is forged to be named Mo' Money.
My Leif's Blade on Donnel is forged to be named Mo' Problems.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I let Kellam die early in the game. I regret nothing.

Still have everyone else (except Vaike, who died and I didn't like him enough to bother restarting the battle)

Btw, when you forge, are you only forging that specific weapon, or all weapons of that type for that character? (eg. if I have a beaststone at 5, and I forge it, and it breaks, will the next beaststone retain the forged stats of the last one?)

Anteo

About the Golden GAFfe DLC

Its the same save file, I started a new one, got Ch 4 and went to the DLC stage, there were lvl 1 and lvl 10 pre promoted units among the promoted ones, got some decent level ups, so I tried to get in there again, and now ALL of them are promoted units! My units are around 5-7 prepromoted now.

Ok I just ran some test. It seems if you try to do the stage twice in a row, the enemies get stronger. I did Donnel's paralogue and tried again and they were back at the original level. And when I tried a second run, all of them were stronger.

http://i.imgur.com/xd0pgJz.jpg

My favorite part about Awakening's already awesome cover art is that I just realized Kellam is there, but he's the hardest to notice because he's the furthest in the background, partially faded out, and his face is obscured by Chrom's knee.

Fantastic.

Amazing XD

I thought of that too, but he still doesn't have the necessary weapon level :T

Anteo

Kellam in the Golden GAF is one of the characters that do no get robbed of his gold. He even says something like: Why didn't you get my gold? It was there, in a bag that said GOLD on the side. :lol

JLeack

Banned
Ugh. Playing this game just makes me want to go back and play Final Fantasy Tactics which I have already finished 6 times.

Has anyone played FFT:A2? I'm thinking about picking it up.

ohlawd

Fantastic.

It's a nice touch lol. Poor Kellam... wait, who?

Btw, when you forge, are you only forging that specific weapon, or all weapons of that type for that character? (eg. if I have a beaststone at 5, and I forge it, and it breaks, will the next beaststone retain the forged stats of the last one?)

the former. It's only for that specific item.
If I have five 45/45 Iron Swords and I decide on buffing one up, the other four won't suddenly get a buff.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Kellam in the Golden GAF is one of the characters that do no get robbed of his gold. He even says something like: Why didn't you get my gold? It was there, in a bag that said GOLD on the side. :lol

It would be even funnier if the game was programmed to simply ignore the Kellam unit in general, like never attack him on their turn.

McNum

I should stop reading this thread, makes the wait all the harder.

*continues reading*

So, can Kellam become an Assassin? That seems to be right up his alley. If no one notices him, he'll be an awesome Assassin. "Spree of self-impalemets on swords continues!"

RM8

This was supposed to hit Mexican stores TODAY, UGH. Screw it, I'm buying online. I've missed 11 days of glorious Fire Emblem because I refuse to buy digital versions of retail games.

scy

Fantastic.

Better off than a lot of the cast that isn't on there ;_;

PBalfredo

Yeah, this was my gripe about her too. At least, in the main story she comes off as way too much of a serious mcseriouspants. I have yet to see more supports though.

That being said, I sorta hope we get her instead of Chrom in Smash 4.

Heck, I hope we get
"Marth"
instead of Marth in Smash 4. Good way to get an Awakening rep in without having to ice Ike for the latest-FE-Lord slot.

How are you guys approaching forging?
Honestly I didn't mess with it much, it didn't seem like it was worth the money most of the time. The one big exception is with guys who have the armsthrift skill though, since that gives them a chance of not taking up a use when they use a weapon. I made an incredibly powerful Killer Axe for Donnel since he had a 96% chance of not using any uses on it, for instance.

This was supposed to hit Mexican stores TODAY, UGH. Screw it, I'm buying online. I've missed 11 days of glorious Fire Emblem because I refuse to buy digital versions of retail games.

Do they seriously still not have the game? Sheesh, I don't regret my decision to cancel my preorder and spend a little more money anymore.

Marche90

That's one of the reasons why I didnt bought it physical. Word of advice: buy it on the Canadian store, it will save you around$ 250 pesos.

Fantastic.

Ha! Nice catch. I didn't even notice him.

:/

Ri'Orius

My Leif's Blade on Donnel's son, Inigo, is forged to be named Mo' Money.
My Leif's Blade on Donnel is forged to be named Mo' Problems.

I don't think I've gotten Leif's Blade; is there a reliable way to get it? Or is it a random drop on the sparkley spaces?

ohlawd

I do wish the cover art had Nowi. And Cherche. And Cordelia. And Maribelle. And Olivia. And Gaius. And Lon'qu. And.......

Pretty much all the 1st gen characters.

zroid

Banned
xd0pgJz.jpg

Fantastic.

ahahahahahahahahaha

Kellam is so awesome, you'd expect his conversations to suggest he's really shy or something, but instead he's weirdly passive aggressive. I love it.

Lunar15

Okay, I told myself I wasn't going to complain about units missing from spotpass, but seriously... no Nephenee? And why include Geoffrey? Does anyone care about him?

I guess it's because there's no soldier class. Or they realized they could never make a better one. (Aran who?)

Okay, I told myself I wasn't going to complain about units missing from spotpass, but seriously... no Nephenee? And why include Geoffrey? Does anyone care about him?

I guess it's because there's no soldier class. Or they realized they could never make a better one. (Aran who?)

Nephenee isn't apart of the FE9's batch but FE10's instead.

There is a soldier class, isn't there? Just not playable. Like most games.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Nephenee isn't apart of the FE9's batch but FE10's instead.

It's so awkward that she's a knight though. I assume growth rates in this game are the same as the originals? That would make it acceptable at least.

And I guess I'm going to get Olivia to level 30 as a dancer then go straight to Dark Flier for Galeforce. She seems fast enough that I'd never need speed +2 (especially with all stats +2 as an option) and I don't really care about the other peg knight skill.

Esura

Banned
GOD MODE ACTIVATE

He is superb. Put him on top of Cordelia and they rule maps left and right.

Ideally you should reclass him at 10, or 15 if you want Underdog for some reason (it sucks, but I understand wanting it anyways). For a normal non-child character (like say Chrom or Vaike) you're better off hanging out in the basic classes from 1-20 a couple times, since you gain levels faster that way. But Donnel will cap his basic class stats so damn fast you'll possibly start hitting a wall before you hit 20 in Mercenary. And Mercenary is what you should be in because Armsthrift with his luck is great.

I noticed you mentioned a couple of times. Does that mean I should reclass, say, Chrom into another class instead of upgrading to Great Lord?

RM8

That's one of the reasons why I didnt bought it physical. Word of advice: buy it on the Canadian store, it will save you around$ 250 pesos.
Ahaha, by buying online I mean that I'll order my physical copy from an online store :p I really want the physical copy.

Mupod

I noticed you mentioned a couple of times. Does that mean I should reclass, say, Chrom into another class instead of upgrading to Great Lord?

That's what I'm doing on my lunatic run. I went 1-20 in lord but his stats still suck, so I'm gonna do 1-20 in cavalier (or until he starts capping stats) From there I'll probably promote to Paladin, and switch to Great Lord with a Second Seal afterwards. Although it might be easier to have just gone to great lord because everything hits so god damned hard on this difficulty.

I should stop reading this thread, makes the wait all the harder.

*continues reading*

So, can Kellam become an Assassin? That seems to be right up his alley. If no one notices him, he'll be an awesome Assassin. "Spree of self-impalemets on swords continues!"

Kellam can indeed be an assassin.

I feel dirty using the golden gaffe for money every once in awhile, but dear lord is this game stingy about giving money. No way I am going to farm battles for hours just to have enough to outfit my units or get a master seal. One 5 minute golden gaffe match will do, but it feels wrong. Ugh, have a feeling if I had stuck with normal I would feel differently, but yikes on hard.

scy

I feel dirty using the golden gaffe for money every once in awhile, but dear lord is this game stingy about giving money. No way I am going to farm battles for hours just to have enough to outfit my units or get a master seal. One 5 minute golden gaffe match will do, but it feels wrong. Ugh, have a feeling if I had stuck with normal I would feel differently, but yikes on hard.

I still very rarely get any Risen to even spawn so my run is basically Golden Gaffe or Leif's Blade/Despoil grind.

I still very rarely get any Risen to even spawn so my run is basically Golden Gaffe or Leif's Blade/Despoil grind.

The spawn rate is pretty weird. I think some days I get nothing but merchants popping out and every once in a while I'll get like 3 Risen spawns at once.

GeekyDad

Ugh...I just defeated
Walhert
, and when he went down, he made the same sound made when you lose an allied unit in battle. Was I able to talk to and possibly recruit him?!

scy

The spawn rate is pretty weird. I think some days I get nothing but merchants popping out and every once in a while I'll get like 3 Risen spawns at once.

After sleep + work yesterday and letting the game idle on the map the entire time, I got a grand total of zero anything. ;_;

Mupod

On my Lunatic game there's two level 20 stat-capped and forged-weapon-toting Risen teams squatting on tiles with stores I need to get into. Fuck.

And the kick in the pants is your weapons deteriorate and you have to buy new ones, so there goes part of the money were grinding for. Screw that, I will just hit up golden gaffe when a need some gold and just enjoy the game otherwise.

Is there a way to keep your forged/improved weapons? Seems silly to spend all that money on them for them just have a limited use. Is there no repair option.

mercviper

On my Lunatic game there's two level 20 stat-capped and forged-weapon-toting Risen teams squatting on tiles with stores I need to get into. Fuck.

Yeah... I've had TWO risen teams concurrently spawned on my defense/strength potion store, so if I wanted to free it up I would have to fight both at the same time. I would've done them one at a time since they spawned separately, but I did a chapter first to level up and actually deal with the first group. Then the second group spawned on top of it when I finished the chapter. Funnily enough, I would rather fight the combined group now (it had lower level risen) than fight the risen camps I'm currently seeing on my map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom