• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, that's quite like a lot of pairings.
"Oh here's suddenly a ring. Despite never mentioning it before, I like you!"

I think so far the best pairing I've done is Henry and Maribelle because the S support is basically Maribelle saying "I love you, you idiot!" and Henry's like "wow, yeah so do I, oh shit I don't have a ring yet" and Maribelle replies with "I don't care!"

250px-Serge_Kakusei_Official_Artwork.png

best

300px-Serena_%28FE13%29.png

2nd best (that hair flick animation <3)

Lucina would probably be 3.... but too flat. and kinda reminds me of Lightning :(

So, is there very much benefit to having more than one of the attack skills equipped? I'm wondering since my Morgan has Ignis and Aether and Lucina has Aether and Astra. Is it worth having both of them equipped for either character?

So, is there very much benefit to having more than one of the attack skills equipped? I'm wondering since my Morgan has Ignis and Aether and Lucina has Aether and Astra. Is it worth having both of them equipped for either character?

nope due to one can't trigger another. diminishing returns. Best to have 1 proc skill and 4 others.

Quick question; I'm importing a NA 3DS XL + Fire Emblem, how is the DLC handled over there? Is it free for a limited time, and if so, for how long?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before, I'm avoiding all FE threads in fear of spoilers.

Lucina would probably be 3.... but too flat. and kinda reminds me of Lightning :(

Yeah, this was my gripe about her too. At least, in the main story she comes off as way too much of a serious mcseriouspants. I have yet to see more supports though.

That being said, I sorta hope we get her instead of Chrom in Smash 4.

Esura

Banned
How many marriages are based around pies?
Gaius and Cherche are as well.

Gaius would've probably been won over with a candy flavored turd if Cherche had it on her.

I have a huge problem. I've been doing so much support grinding and getting all my cats to level 20 that I'm running out of Beaststones and Dragonstones and I fear that Nowi and Panne are going to now be punching bags. :(

Where could I buy some more?

Gaius would've probably been won over with a candy flavored turd if Cherche had it on her.

I have a huge problem. I've been doing so much support grinding and getting all my cats to level 20 that I ran out of Beaststones and Dragonstones and Nowi and Panne are now punching bags. :(

Where could I buy some more?

I want to say you can start purchasing them after beating chapter 12.

Is it bad that I like Cynthia over Severa.

You're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't make it right.

Hero

This week's SpotPass Paralogue chapter was a bitch to get the recruitable character. Must've taken me a dozen tries of letting Tiki paired with Anna sit in the fortress without weapons equipped and just dodging / no dmg the enemies while I plucked them from afar with a Longbow so nobody would accidentally counterattack the recruit.

Not even going to use him either, just wanted to see what was up with the support conversations. Kinda feel for him.

NeonZ

Do enemies pair up in the harder difficulties?

No, but later enemies get forged weapons (some even going through the standard limits imposed on the player for forges) and stat bonuses that take them beyond the standard max stats. The later pretty much only on lunatic though, but even hard has stuff like giving stat bonus to spotpass character when you face them, but reducing their stats to normal levels if they join your party.

Each one gets rolled separately(starting with the ones with smaller chances), so you have bigger chances of getting something out if you have more than one attack skill. It can actually get in the way though, if your strategy is based mostly on activating Sol or any specific attack skill while there's another with a smaller chance of being activated at the same time, since the game will roll first for the one with smaller chances.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
No, but later enemies get forged weapons (some even going through the standard limits imposed on the player for forges) and stat bonuses that take them beyond the standard max stats. The later pretty much only on lunatic though, but even hard has stuff like giving stat bonus to spotpass character when you face them, but reducing their stats to normal levels if they join your party.
Bleh. I wish they just paired up instead. Oh well, the game is almost perfect.

I should be sleeping now but I got wrapped up playing. Game owns my life.

Busaiku

Only 1 more baby to go!

And then I have to grind everyone to A Support.
And then I have to get super high leveled.
And then I have to collect all the babies.
And then I can beat Chapter 15!

Soulhouf

Chapter 16 [Classic - Hard]
I let Frederick (Wyvern Lord) and couple of other units in the back to intercept reinforcements.
It was going well until 4 archers/snipers showed up.
R.I.P Frederick.

The game loves to punish you when you think the situation is under control lol

Frosteey

Neo Member
Second run and I hit emergency reshipping mode when I decided against Chromibelle and Pieus (canon name for Sumia/Gaius).

Olivia-Chrom
Sumia-Frederick
Maribelle-Gregor
Sully-Kellam
Nowi-Gaius
Miriel-Libra
Tharja-Vaike
Cordelia-Henry
Cherche-Stahl
Lissa-Lonqu
Panne-Virion

Main/Tiki

Unfortunately just isn't enough Stahl, Gregor, Nowi, and Cordelia to go around.

Also it's really difficult because I like female avatar's looks waaay better than any of the male options, but I really hate male Morgan and the weakened hair color genes are a real bummer.

Esura

Banned
It's up to you, I reclassed him at 20 because his def was weak

I just reclassed him to Mercenaries at level 20 and like...wtf? He just got like a crap load of stat boosts. His stuff is officially higher than everyone in my group. Jesus Christ...

EDIT: Oh man this is just too good. One shotting everything with a Bronze Sword.

Just finished chapter 10 on Hard and I'm feeling pretty good.

I'm seeing alot of people talk about grinding Galeforce with all the characters who can get it. My question is if the game ever gets difficult enough on Hard to make this worth it or should I just wait until a Lunatic playthrough to min max stuff like this?

I'm fine with grinding and building up a sweet team but only really if it means I'm not just rolling over the available content. If Hard doesn't get significantly harder near the end I don't see grinding out Galeforce to be worth it.

And for those who have played Lunatic, is it needed even there? I dunno, my impression of this game is that it's hard at first but once you have an established team it kinda becomes a cakewalk, min maxed or not.

Of course I'm just on chapter 10 so please let me know if it does infact get more difficult later on.

Soulhouf

I'm seeing alot of people talk about grinding Galeforce with all the characters who can get it. My question is if the game ever gets difficult enough on Hard to make this worth it or should I just wait until a Lunatic playthrough to min max stuff like this?

Wait for Lunatic/Lunatic+
Hard mode isn't really hard with standard skills.

Frosteey

Neo Member
At the point where you've reclassed a parent for galeforce, or just promoted any of the kids for it, they're probably strong enough to practically solo most maps on hard if they've got a pair up buddy.

Just the levels it takes to get galeforce piled on top of the levels you're going to then get from the paralogues, the main game will be a joke regardless of what skills you have.

Luna/Astra, even Ignis and Sol are all strong and can be passed down in a more reasonable time frame.

NeonZ

I'm fine with grinding and building up a sweet team but only really if it means I'm not just rolling over the available content. If Hard doesn't get significantly harder near the end I don't see grinding out Galeforce to be worth it.

You really don't need grinding and specific set ups like that to finish the game on hard. The main game on hard was clearly balanced to be finished without any of that.

By the time you get Galeforce just to pass it down/add an extra skill, the characters likely will be overleveled... Some of the later spotpass chapters will be significantly harder than the final chapter though, as well as some later DLC, but right now there's really no challenge for a team that strong. Well, I guess some of the lvl20 spotpass teams could still pose a threat, but that depends on how many level ups you've got by that point.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I just reclassed him to Mercenaries at level 20 and like...wtf? He just got like a crap load of stat boosts. His stuff is officially higher than everyone in my group. Jesus Christ...

EDIT: Oh man this is just too good. One shotting everything with a Bronze Sword.

GOD MODE ACTIVATE

Draxal

The one true pairing is Severa/Owain nothing else comes close.

Well I lied, Lucina/Inigo and Cynthia/Brady are really adorable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom