• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
Decided to start a new game, gonna pair up My Unit and Lucina, then marry Morgan with Owain.

The
Ylissean family tree
is going to be a bunch of scribbles by the time I'm through with it.

Esura

Banned
I blame my usedhandheldgames-phobia on the GBA days.

I didn't even know about Galeforce until my 2nd run and my 1st run went fine with my double Falcon Knights.

I got some good used legit carts from Amazon.

I guess I should just pick whatever looks coolest for now. I already spent 5 hours grinding every unit to level 20, a few more hours would kill me. At least I have 50,000 G because of it though so everyone gonna get promoted!

Draxal

Yeah. I guess prepping for harder DLC is something to look forward too, but I feel no desire to spend hours grinding Galeforce on to everything possible. Or pairing up couples based on stats. You have to go with your heart guys.
Bwohoho

Honestly, galeforce grinding isn't that hard to do and only needed for 3 characters (Lissa/Mariabelle/Olivia) and it's actually really fast if you can use the Roy DLC, otherwise I wouldn't of done it. I chose Cordelia to get a super broken Severa, even though a normal Severa is still pretty broken, and I didn't optimize to get sorcerers kids. I really didn't try to break the game (aka the Sorceror/Gale Force grind) as I've mentioned before , and I actually think most of the paired units makes sense in my team thematicaly ... Virion lecturing Inigo on womanizing is kinda funny.

Decided to start a new game, gonna pair up My Unit and Lucina, then marry Morgan with Owain.

The
Ylissean family tree
is going to be a bunch of scribbles by the time I'm through with it.

I was thinking of how to create the most incestous family tree, and there you go. I'll probably do that in of my playthroughs.

Good point, I hadn't even considered vengeance, and that will also be an option for what I'm looking at. Looks like I'll go with wrath, plus you get that more quickly and I like Berserkers more than Warriors.

I actually gave the mu's kid rally strength (only male exclusive rally) as the inheritance skill, so the female kid could use that and rally spectrum and rally: love or what ever that is. +10 St + 6 all other stats and +1. I like.

scy

Almost all of my pairings were done (originally) with who I thought made sense as the dad :x

I only really went out of my way for Galeforce and, really, it doesn't take that long to do (maybe half an hour?).

kswiston

I was thinking of how to create the most incestous family tree, and there you go. I'll probably do that in of my playthroughs.

Most incestuous would be pairing Chrom with one of the girls who has a male child, pairing Avatar with Lucina, and then having Morgan marry Chrom's second kid. That would be an Uncle-Niece marriage instead of a marriage between second cousins.

I paired Henry with Cordelia because that is who was left over. I then just completed a mixture of paralogues and main chapters in the order I felt like completing them. Ended up with a Severa with both Galefore and Vengeance by accident.

Draxal

Most incestuous would be pairing Chrom with one of the girls who has a male child, pairing Avatar with Lucina, and then having Morgan marry Chrom's second kid. That would be an Uncle-Niece marriage instead of a marriage between second cousins.

Now thinking about it yeah that works because the only uncle Morgan would be able to marry would be Inigo, and Inigo's/Olivia's relationship was kinda ..... creepy. It's a perfect fit. It's so brokenly stuid that it has to be done.

I just watched a video review of the game and was unpleasantly surprised by the jaggies in both the battles and the overall map. Is it so bad on the 3DS without 3D activated?

Anteo

I just watched a video review of the game and was unpleasantly surprised by the jaggies in both the battles and the overall map. Is it so bad on the 3DS without 3D activated?

It's what you expect on any 3ds game. The resolution doesnt help. But does look good to me. I just ignore the jaggies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I still very rarely get any Risen to even spawn so my run is basically Golden Gaffe or Leif's Blade/Despoil grind.

:/

Weird. I've got like 30k gold right now, and nothing to spend it on (except forging). I haven't done Golden Gaffe or used a Leif's Blade.

Draxal

Guess I know what's happening my next game.

It's pretty much the I hate Chrom playthrough.

Chrom marries this shy dancer out of the blue, then suddenly his daughter time travels back and marries his best friend who's like an uncle to her, then his son comes back in time and has this creepy relationship with his mother/chrom's wife, then his grandaughter travels back into time and marries his son/her uncle.

massoluk

Banned
My god, these spotpass teams that I'm getting. I'm not duelling you counter/sol/luna/aether/astra/galeforce freaks. Get out, you guys are all just merchants to me now.

My god, these spotpass teams that I'm getting. I'm not duelling you counter/sol/luna/aether/astra/galeforce freaks. Get out, you guys are all just merchants to me now.

There are a ton of Spotpass teams I could solo with just MU if it wasn't for the warriors with counter.

Esura

Banned
I made Gregor a Hero and Vaike a Warrior.

I noticed a lot of people swap classes like crazy on GameFAQs. Could I just get through the game with just their current promoted classes?

Draxal

I made Gregor a Hero and Vaike a Warrior.

I noticed a lot of people swap classes like crazy on GameFAQs. Could I just get through the game with just their current promoted classes?

Pretty easily, it's just some people like breaking the characters.

Draxal

Ohhh, ok. Cause I was thinking I messed up by leveling Vaike's Fighter class to the max before promoting instead of changing classes at level 10.

It's just the old fire emblem way of thinking (the older games had limited xp), this one has infinite xp, so there is really no need to worry about it and just enjoy the characters you want to play as.

scy

Ohhh, ok. Cause I was thinking I messed up by leveling Vaike's Fighter class to the max before promoting instead of changing classes at level 10.

That's the ideal way to do it. Promoting at 10 for your first promotion is really wasting a lot of stat growths.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. It's mostly just differences in time spent.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

What you did is better in regard to stats anyway, since it's easier to level up before promoting, and you don't "waste" internal levels.

Sora_N

I promoted Lissa after Ch 8, since she was level 15. Love the stat bonues I got for War Cleric. :) I just wanted her to be able to kill as well if she had to, and the sprite is cool.

What class should I make Donny once I get his second skill?

ohlawd

I promoted Lissa after Ch 8, since she was level 15. Love the stat bonues I got for War Cleric. :) I just wanted her to be able to kill as well if she had to, and the sprite is cool.

What class should I make Donny once I get his second skill?

Everyone normally goes for Mercenary for Donnel first because of Armsthrift (2x Luck chance of no weapon usage when activated)

I chose Fighter because I didn't like Vaike as an axe user.

Mupod

After burning another map full of Plebians to death with a fully upgraded Micaiah's Pyre I just realized I accidentally made my avatar look like Lina Inverse. How appropriate.

Also kinda funny that everybody calls 'my unit' MU when Mu is the name I use in basically everything including this game.

But yeah I went girl character this time so I can have Rightful King Ignis and overpowered Lucina, and totally not because oh god Chrom stop looking at me like that

iqctqVoiYviPg.gif

TWILT

Banned
Started my hard mode playthrough. Pairing up Chrom and Sully this time (Sumia is mine this time around~). Had to reset 3 times at chapter 3...I need to step it up.

Sora_N

Everyone normally goes for Mercenary for Donnel first because of Armsthrift (2x Luck chance of no weapon usage when activated)

I chose Fighter because I didn't like Vaike as an axe user.

I'll probably do Merc as well, that looks like a great skill to have. Thanks!

btrboyev

Can Simeon tell me how to get the free DLC for this game? The eshop Lin to the free map tells me it needs to go to the game to continue, so I choose okay, game boats up but nothing.

Can Simeon tell me how to get the free DLC for this game? The eshop Lin to the free map tells me it needs to go to the game to continue, so I choose okay, game boats up but nothing.

You have to beat chapter 4 in the game first before the gate opens up on the world map and there you can get the DLC.

I haven't even finished his Paralogue yet and Owain is already my favorite male character in the game.

Screaming "Radiant Dawn" at the top of his lungs does that.

Gartooth

I'm on the paralogue mission where you can get the goddess staff (in the desert) but missed my chance. Is it worth it to do the mission over again to get it, or should I just kill the boss and be done with it? (I did recruit the available character)

Draxal

I'm on the paralogue mission where you can get the goddess staff (in the desert) but missed my chance. Is it worth it to do the mission over again to get it, or should I just kill the boss and be done with it? (I did recruit the available character)

Can get that and the Owain weapon from his paralogue in the Weapon dlc.

zroid

Banned
I started grinding Sumia a little because I didn't want to leave her in the dust, and then suddenly she became totally OP and now I can't stop using her.

Draxal

So basically skip, and get weapon in DLC later?

You could, but I thought you should be able to grab it still if you haven't killed the boss.

This elusive staff can be in obtained in Paralogue 14, by making a character wait on the tile 2 down and 1 left from the boss's position (or 4 right from the north-western Event tile). Just like above, if you miss it, you can obtain another in the "Infinite Divine Weapons" episode.

Gartooth

You could, but I thought you should be able to grab it still if you haven't killed the boss.

This elusive staff can be in obtained in Paralogue 14, by making a character wait on the tile 2 down and 1 left from the boss's position (or 4 right from the north-western Event tile). Just like above, if you miss it, you can obtain another in the "Infinite Divine Weapons" episode.

Oh! I thought I needed to visit the second village at the top right of the map, but the enemy got there first and destroyed it so I thought I lost my chance.

Edit: Huh I guess going to all villages does matter, as it didnt appear for me. Anyway I think I'm going to go ahead and kill the boss, the staff looks great, but it isn't worth getting upset about given that it can only be used once.

Esura

Banned
It's just the old fire emblem way of thinking (the older games had limited xp), this one has infinite xp, so there is really no need to worry about it and just enjoy the characters you want to play as.

That's the ideal way to do it. Promoting at 10 for your first promotion is really wasting a lot of stat growths.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. It's mostly just differences in time spent.

What you did is better in regard to stats anyway, since it's easier to level up before promoting, and you don't "waste" internal levels.

Ohhh, ok that makes sense now. Thanks.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I dun goofed and saved after I was able to do an S support; I should have carefully mapped out all my procedures... time to start over.

Esura

Banned
Man fuck it, I'm just going to pair up nilly willy. I did the S for Sully/Stahl and Lon QU/Panne. Probably do Gregor/Nowi next.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So how hard is it to make sure Chrom gets paired with Olivia without getting Sumia married off? I'm making sure they pretty much never interact on a map, but still.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So how hard is it to make sure Chrom gets paired with Olivia without getting Sumia married off? I'm making sure they pretty much never interact on a map, but still.
Pretty easy, just carry on as you are doing. Watch out for Sully and Maribelle too though.
If you ever need the boost, just pair Olivia up on the chapter and go to town.

Ndayday

Neo Member
Man fuck it, I'm just going to pair up nilly willy. I did the S for Sully/Stahl and Lon QU/Panne. Probably do Gregor/Nowi next.

Gregor and Nowi is kinda weird imo, that's what I went with in my first playthrough.
He's cool though and any dialogue from him is worth it so w/e.

Busaiku

Alright, all the children unlocked.
Now, when would be a good time to start picking them up I wonder...

I probably won't try and optimize them or anything though, so I guess I should just start going in...
I dunno though...

Anto

Neo Member
Now thinking about it yeah that works because the only uncle Morgan would be able to marry would be Inigo, and Inigo's/Olivia's relationship was kinda ..... creepy. It's a perfect fit. It's so brokenly stuid that it has to be done.

Does the game really let you do that? Because now I almost have to do it since it's just a matter of pairing Inigo and Morgan for me. (The other requirements already having been fulfilled :p)

That is so awkward.

Anto

Neo Member
Pretty easy, just carry on as you are doing. Watch out for Sully and Maribelle too though.
If you ever need the boost, just pair Olivia up on the chapter and go to town.

I just avoided getting the boss of the mission to attack and had Olivia dance her way to 30 on Chrom... you know, just to be safe and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom