• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

You know I think this game might have some balance issues (Ch14-25 Lunatic pictured below. Chrom has gotten 2 dozen levels simply for tagging along):

The name of the balance issue is "Nosferatu" (Well, and Aversa's spell which is basically a stronger version). I really wish IS had nerfed it to hell in the localization, considering they had tweaked the gameplay of previous titles at times...

Major spoilers and sorta spoils a future DLC

I heard Lyn recognizes the Avatar as the tactician from Blazing Sword but I don't see how this makes sense. They're from this world, not the one from Blazing Sword. How would they travel there? They went from Awakening's world to Blazing Sword's and then back? Doesn't make any sense.

I think it's just a little fourth wall joke. From what I've heard, Lyn asks you if you're the tactician from FE7 and you can confirm or deny. Since that character and the Avatar are both "you," Lyn is essentially asking you if you've played Blazing Sword.

As said, it's really a fourth-wall joke. The Avatar-as-character never says anything in these exchanges, so really, what's she's doing is asking YOU if YOU are "the tactician" from Blazing Blade.

Personally, I don't think it's just a fourth wall joke.
Marth and Katarina reference that the Avatar is similar to the custom character from FE12, that's a fourth wall joke. Kind of like the comparison made between different Pokemon protagonists at a few rare times. On the other hand, Lyn not only says that they're similar, she insists that they're the same person and isn't convinced even if the player chooses to deny the idea. If it were meant to be a joke, Marth and Katarina would have reacted like DLC Lyn, but they don't.

As for how they end up in a different world... Really, it could be anything. One of the Spotpass Paralogues has an enemy unit with the Sol Katti, so someone crossed between the two worlds at some point. Not to mention that there was an Anna who appeared as a character in FE7, not just menu lady.

Draxal

The name of the balance issue is "Nosferatu" (Well, and Aversa's spell which is basically a stronger version). I really wish IS had nerfed it to hell in the localization, considering they had tweaked the gameplay of previous titles at times...

Should of just made it so it gave sol, so you can't stack sol with it and it doesn't trigger every time.

Mupod

You know I think this game might have some balance issues (Ch14-25 Lunatic pictured below. Chrom has gotten 2 dozen levels simply for tagging along):

Y7fJN3p.jpg

Needs more Pargon.

I don't really care whether the regular missions are a challenge once you've got a broken team up and running, but I figured I'd need to be on Lunatic to justify even making one (the process of which is fun to me). And the later DLC maps sound pretty nasty.

Soulhouf

Why is this a big deal? Berserker's skills aren't really that exceptional.

They they have very high str and very strong weapons. The Vaike in my game has already 34 skill as Berseker which is very high already. I was always hoping to see that combined with Astra because these 2 classes always were among my favorite in FE.

I've a got question. When I married off Tharja with MU, there was a little animation where she said something about killing the MU in his sleep. Anywho, my question is: Is this little animation exclusive to whoever marries the MU? Is it exclusive to Tharja? Or does every couple have one and I just skipped them?

I've a got question. When I married off Tharja with MU, there was a little animation where she said something about killing the MU in his sleep. Anywho, my question is: Is this little animation exclusive to whoever marries the MU? Is it exclusive to Tharja? Or does every couple have one and I just skipped them?

It's only for S ranks with the avatar. I believe everyone has one.

Esura

Banned

I think only the Avatar gets a special animation when he/she get S rank with someone.

It was kind of cute.

Esura

Banned
Phew. That's a relief. I would have been seriously pissed if Chrom and Sumia had a special animation and I skipped it.

I wish every S rank for every character had them but that would of probably killed space like crazy.

I saved in a different spot and tested out Tharja and Lucina S ranks and with the 3D effect on it was awesome. More VNs should do something like that, before you boink the girl of the route you are following.

Busaiku

Bah, I really need to start making progress quicker...
37 in game hours (probably like 60 total), and only 16 chapters in...

Esura

Banned
Would Cynthia be a good Dark Flier if her dad is Chrom?

Was going to make her a Falcon Knight but every other Peg Knight I had is a Falcon Knight and I wanted to mix it up a bit.

2 questions: Is there an explanation of all the DLC? And does using the master seal make your characters weaker later?

Nothing can make your characters weaker later because you can level up forever (continue to use second seals to keep reclassing as lvl 1 characters and leveling up again). The only thing using a master seal does is make it take longer for you to level up, because promoted classes are considered basically 20+ whatever level they are.

So some people suggest you level up to 20 before promoting so that you get more levels easier, but it wont hurt your character either way.

Esura

Banned
Nowi and Long'qu... I love their dialogue. How can I not pair them up?

I never got any support for them yet, I wanna see now.

I find it totally ironic that I paired two of the roughest characters together (Panne/Lon'qu) and they produce such a wimp.

If I paired up exclusively from dialog, Gregor would marry everyone.

You have a point! Oh man... I wonder if anyone has recorded all his pairing up conversations.

I find it totally ironic that I paired two of the roughest characters together (Panne/Lon'qu) and they produce such a wimp.

I paired Panne with Ricken because according to the official site he's most popular with animals. *chuckles*

GeekyDad

On Chapter 25 right now and already planning my Lunatic playthrough in my head. I hope they release Paralogue 22 before I get too far into that playthrough, as I want my MU to marry
Aversa
this time around.

Ok, what is this spotpass thing?

Looking on the wiki there's at least one unique character I've found so far that you apparently get using spotpass (
Priam
).

Is this the thing where you have to walk by other people with the game in their pocket?

If so that sucks since I don't take my 3DS anywhere and I doubt I'd even find anyone with a 3DS around here.

TWILT

Banned
Ok, what is this spotpass thing?

Looking on the wiki there's at least one unique character I've found so far that you apparently get using spotpass (
Priam
).

Is this the thing where you have to walk by other people with the game in their pocket?

If so that sucks since I don't take my 3DS anywhere and I doubt I'd even find anyone with a 3DS around here.

You get Spotpass stuff from the Bonus Box (it's in the Wireless menu; you just need your 3DS connected to WiFi).
Priam
isn't out yet though.

Mupod

Are stat caps based on your class or your character?

Both! Mostly class-based, though. A character with good Luck growth will have slightly higher Luck caps in the end, etc. And of course basic classes have much lower caps than advanced ones.

For Donnel, go mercenary first. Armsthrift is my favorite ability in the game and luck is his best stat. Forge him up a strong weapon and watch him make it last forever.

Smilax

So I finished the game on Normal Classic, only lost 2 people in my run through.

On my next play through, should I try a harder level and play as the Female Avatar, or play again as the male avatar and marry someone new?

Mupod

On my next play through, should I try a harder level and play as the Female Avatar

That's what I'm doing. I wanted to play with Japanese voices as well but considering that's it's buggy and doesn't stay on after soft resets, that idea quickly evaporated. Because Lunatic is some bullshit, even having a superunit doesn't stop things like recruitable characters dying to crits before you can get to them with a galeforce pegasus.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Was looking to reclass Cherche since she's a level 15 Wyvern Lord... but man, none of the options are appealing at all. Most of them are magic based and she's not really great with magic.

Am I wrong in going for Griffon Rider? I like the high movement, and Lancebreaker could be decent at least, not like any of the other class options have great skills. Renewal could be decent I guess. Or Miracle, but that would be a heck of a step back, going from one of my best units to a staff only user with bad magic.

zroid

Banned
Is it normal for Donny to have ridiculous luck? Mine's a lv12 Villager at the moment, and his luck is like 8 or 9 points higher than any other stat.

Esura

Banned
Made Kjelle a Great Knight once I realized how lame Generals' movement are. Now she gets to ride a horse like her parents, the Bull and the Panther.

Soulhouf

Was looking to reclass Cherche since she's a level 15 Wyvern Lord... but man, none of the options are appealing at all. Most of them are magic based and she's not really great with magic.

Am I wrong in going for Griffon Rider? I like the high movement, and Lancebreaker could be decent at least, not like any of the other class options have great skills. Renewal could be decent I guess. Or Miracle, but that would be a heck of a step back, going from one of my best units to a staff only user with bad magic.

Griffon Rider -> War Cleric -> Wyvern Lord = awesomeness

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Griffon Rider -> War Cleric -> Wyvern Rider = awesomeness

I regret going for Wyvern Lord first when I promoted her. Should have done Griffon Rider. I'll probably end up reclassing her to Wyvern Lord when it's all said and done anyway just so she has the option for lances.

But yeah, I think I'm going for Griffon Rider now.

scy

I don't like the caps on Griffon Rider. Deliverer is nice to have though so going Griffon Rider into Wyvern Lord (or, as noted above, grabbing Renewal or Sol before going into Wyvern Lord) is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom