• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Banned
Gregor and Nowi is kinda weird imo, that's what I went with in my first playthrough.
He's cool though and any dialogue from him is worth it so w/e.

Well I like them two because they are so funny together.

I'm thinking about pairing off Tharja with someone else too cause I want the Avatar to pair with Lucina after those other posts.

Good, 'cause I'm in no mood to grind more than I have to. :p

This is how I'm feeling right now too.

My kids in this game gonna suck...

Busaiku

I wish there was more story stuff for the kids to play through.
The DLC is nice I guess, but I wish they could get more involved in the actual happenings or something.

Of course you can get them at any time, but I'm talking about like after optimizing them or something.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I just got an S rank with Fredrick and Lissa. When will they have kids?

... and is Avatar and Peagsus rider lady a good marriage? I heard their kids have good stats?
Whats the general rule of thumb of when to upgrade classes?

Jachaos

... and is Avatar and Peagsus rider lady a good marriage? I heard their kids have good stats?

Generally in past games it'd be when they hit Lvl 20. Now, if you do use a Master Seal before that, you'll miss the stat gains that you would've got on the way to Lvl 20 but since you can re-class in this game, you can just promote a unit right now if you want, change class later and promote again, you'll eventually hit the Stat Caps (maximum) of the character if you do it this way anyway.

Also, I think children start at around Ch. 11 (IIRC)

Esura

Banned
Generally in past games it'd be when they hit Lvl 20. Now, if you do use a Master Seal before that, you'll miss the stat gains that you would've got on the way to Lvl 20 but since you can re-class in this game, you can just promote a unit right now if you want, change class later and promote again, you'll eventually hit the Stat Caps (maximum) of the character if you do it this way anyway.

Also, I think children start at around Ch. 11 (IIRC)

Chrom's child starts at 10...for me at least.

Need to get her caught up with her parents cause I'm going to slowly ease out the older gen when I get the kids.

GeekyDad

You'll usually see a paralogue pop up right after a couple makes S-rank (second-gen couples not included, of course).

Esura

Banned
Now I officially got Donny and Cordelia on the S rank. Gonna make one badass kid I tell you what. Also hooked up Virion and Cherche, which should be canon with how natural their entire support convos went.

17361.5b6dbe4d010809576b0c163926db973c.jpg

aptitude really does make you hit your cap super quickly lol.

Emitan

Major spoilers and sorta spoils a future DLC

I heard Lyn recognizes the Avatar as the tactician from Blazing Sword but I don't see how this makes sense. They're from this world, not the one from Blazing Sword. How would they travel there? They went from Awakening's world to Blazing Sword's and then back? Doesn't make any sense.

Esura

Banned
Pssh. The real OTP is ChercheXTWILT.

Sure. As long as you didn't say Lucina, Nowi, or Tharja. :p

Yeah, when it comes to stats, the green color means that the number is the highest that can be possibly reached with that unit.

Oh...damn my Donny is maxed out like Max Payne then.

Cherche sucks, she can't hit anyone.

My Cherche never misses. I wonder if that's because of Virion's support as a Bow Knight.

Rhapsody

Banned
Been wondering, do you get anything gameplay-wise if your character marries someone who doesn't have children? Besides just hitting S Rank, I mean.

I heard Lyn recognizes the Avatar as the tactician from Blazing Sword but I don't see how this makes sense. They're from this world, not the one from Blazing Sword. How would they travel there? They went from Awakening's world to Blazing Sword's and then back? Doesn't make any sense.

I think it's just a little fourth wall joke. From what I've heard, Lyn asks you if you're the tactician from FE7 and you can confirm or deny. Since that character and the Avatar are both "you," Lyn is essentially asking you if you've played Blazing Sword.

So I have the fire emblem for ds (shadow dragon?) as well as the one that came with the 3ds ambassador program for GBA (sacred stones maybe?). Either of those close to this one's level and worth going through?

chrono01

Cool, games like this make me crazy thinking I am missing something lol.

Haha, I'm the same. I actually restarted my file early on after missing recruiting Kellam. Yes, that's not even a joke. I completely ignored him when he showed up and completed the Chapter without talking to him.

Serene's Forest has a Recruitment page that lists all of the characters and how/when you recruit them. Here it is:

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/recruitment.html

I hope it's as helpful to you as it was to me.

Frosteey

Neo Member
So I have the fire emblem for ds (shadow dragon?) as well as the one that came with the 3ds ambassador program for GBA (sacred stones maybe?). Either of those close to this one's level and worth going through?

Sacred Stones is insanely easy but the cast is fairly enjoyable.

Shadow Dragon is entirely skippable.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Do Sacred Stones. Shadow Dragon is very dated (and arguably not fun). SS's biggest weaknesses are story and lack of difficulty. The former is still decent and the latter is perfect for a newcomer. The things it does right (world map, skills, and branching promotions) are great, however.

As said, it's really a fourth-wall joke. The Avatar-as-character never says anything in these exchanges, so really, what's she's doing is asking YOU if YOU are "the tactician" from Blazing Blade.

Even then, though, we don't know what happened to the Avatar before the memory loss...
emot-v.gif

Just hit level cap for Chrom as a Great Lord. Any suggestions to what I should second seal him to?

Also, y'all were right. Donnel is a God among men.

Just hit level cap for Chrom as a Great Lord. Any suggestions to what I should second seal him to?

Also, y'all were right. Donnel is a God among men.

If you want to keep using Rapiers, go for GL again, otherwise whatever has the skill that you want the most.

And seriously, my Donnel capped pretty much every relevant stat as a Merc before level 10, he grows way too damn fast.

Haha, I'm the same. I actually restarted my file early on after missing recruiting Kellam. Yes, that's not even a joke. I completely ignored him when he showed up and completed the Chapter without talking to him.

Serene's Forest has a Recruitment page that lists all of the characters and how/when you recruit them. Here it is:

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/recruitment.html

I hope it's as helpful to you as it was to me.

Bookmarked, thanks!

I don't know what I'd do whithout kellam lol, I have hitch a ride onto Sumia and fly that tank all over. He gives great bonuses to those that pair up with him as well. Oh and his side story is pretty humorous.

kswiston

So today I had a random green character show up on the world map. Instead of a merchant, it was a green Myrm, similar to one of the spotpass teams. However, I never summoned a spot pass team. The Leader was a girl named Rayle, who I recruited after I beat the map. She isn't one of the legacy characters with the blue glow, but is instead drawn in the same style as the main cast, with an eye patch over one of her eyes. I can't really find much info on her. Any ideas who she is?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Gregor is forgetting you are old crone.

Gregor has some of best lines in game!
How much you pay Gregor?

Haw haw! Is joke. Why you look at Gregor like that?

Best lines in the game, agreed.

So today I got a random green character show up on the world map, but instead of it being a merchant, it was a green Myrm, similar to one of the spotpass teams. However, I never summoned a spot pass team. The Leader was a girl named Rayle, who I recruited after I beat the map. She isn't one of the legacy characters with the blue glow, but is instead drawn in the same style as the main cast, with an eye patch over one of her eyes. I can't really find much info on her. Any ideas who she is?

That was a StreetPass team! Either one put together by another player, or one randomly generated by the game after you got a StreetPass tag from someone without the game.
emot-3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom