• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
So today I had a random green character show up on the world map. Instead of a merchant, it was a green Myrm, similar to one of the spotpass teams. However, I never summoned a spot pass team. The Leader was a girl named Rayle, who I recruited after I beat the map. She isn't one of the legacy characters with the blue glow, but is instead drawn in the same style as the main cast, with an eye patch over one of her eyes. I can't really find much info on her. Any ideas who she is?

Streetpass character?

kswiston

That was a StreetPass team! Either one put together by another player, or one randomly generated by the game after you got a StreetPass tag from someone without the game.
emot-3.gif

Streetpass character?

Huh. Thanks!

I never take my 3DS out of my house so I don't think I have ever had a street pass happen in any game before :p

So today I had a random green character show up on the world map. Instead of a merchant, it was a green Myrm, similar to one of the spotpass teams. However, I never summoned a spot pass team. The Leader was a girl named Rayle, who I recruited after I beat the map. She isn't one of the legacy characters with the blue glow, but is instead drawn in the same style as the main cast, with an eye patch over one of her eyes. I can't really find much info on her. Any ideas who she is?

You lucky soul managed to pass someone with a 3DS as well.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I can't be the only person that completely ignored kids once recruiting them. I just did the recruitment for completeness and levels for my party. Otherwise, they go unused.

Moonlight

Banned
Given their insane stat growths and skill inheritance, one has to wonder why that'd be the case. At this point, my entire army is made up of the children, except for My Unit and Chrom (when the map requires him).

Given their insane stat growths and skill inheritance, one has to wonder why that'd be the case.

Partly because of that I guess. I know I'm actively ignoring Morgan to not make the game even easier.

Although I'm using Lucina (hit lv20 and then reclassed to Myrmidon) and Owain anyways so...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Given their insane stat growths and skill inheritance, one has to wonder why that'd be the case. At this point, my entire army is made up of the children, except for My Unit and Chrom (when the map requires him).

Because

1) they don't have pairing bonuses like my current units
2) I would have to grind them to make them anywhere near as good as my current party
3) I have no love for any of the child characters

The children have ass stats at the moment, and I would have to stall the story and grind them to hell and back to make them viable in my team. I'm not entirely sure I want to go through grinding my team all over again. That sounds tiring. I already did it once.

I did the same on FP. Got rid of all my 1st gen characters for the children. I wonder if the next Fire Emblem will have multiple generation characters.

Esura

Banned
Not really. Seriously, they catch up WAY too fast.

Lucina's stats was around the same as my Great Lord Chrom, and that was before I made her a Great Lord.

EDIT: I'm 30 hours in at the same spot you are. Screw the skills, I just want my overpowered children right now so I'm trying to get them lol. This support grinding killing my interest of getting badass skills to pass down. :(

thetrin

Not really. Seriously, they catch up WAY too fast.

Is that the case? Their stats don't let on to them being useful in any way (which is why I ignored them). Well, I would still have to grind levels way below where my current team is. They can't hold their own in my current skirmishes. Maybe I'll try going back and trying.

It would be nice if the game gave some indication that they had decent growth. They enter the game well under the level of everyone else, and there's no way to level them outside of doing the slow level process that I started Donnel on. Which is fine for one characters, but for 8 different characters, it's mind-numbing. I suppose I could just grind Risen skirmishes and DLC maps, but that also requires pretty much zero thought. I feel like every avenue involves either turning off my brain, or praying someone doesn't get one-shot.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Man, I was beating early chapters and felt overlevelled, but now I'm getting my ass kicked in the Paralouges, and even the main chapter is a bit difficult. :/

Well, so downloading the EXP DLC next week lol. Speaking of which, the Gold DLC was GREAT, especially at the end when it was revealed whose gold it was...

Is that the case? Their stats don't let on to them being useful in any way (which is why I ignored them). Well, I would still have to grind levels way below where my current team is. They can't hold their own in my current skirmishes. Maybe I'll try going back and trying.

Pair them up with one of their parents, they all already have an auto C-support anyways giving them a fairly decent boost, then combine that with the level their parents should be already and you get a pretty decent fighter.

Seriously, I've only taken Lucina to like 3 or 4 battles and she's already surpassed her dad.

Man, I was beating early chapters and felt overlevelled, but now I'm getting my ass kicked in the Paralouges, and even the main chapter is a bit difficult. :/

Well, so downloading the EXP DLC next week lol. Speaking of which, the Gold DLC was GREAT, especially at the end when it was revealed whose gold it was...

Just do this

thetrin

Pair them up with one of their parents, they all already have an auto C-support anyways giving them a fairly decent boost, then combine that with the level their parents should be already and you get a pretty decent fighter.

Seriously, I've only taken Lucina to like 3 or 4 battles and she's already surpassed her dad.

Pairing them with their parents is something I hadn't considered (somehow). I'll definitely try that. Thanks.

Is the general consensus that Taguel and Manakete classes are the best statistically for their respective characters or should I turn them into normal classes?

Emitan

I think it's just a little fourth wall joke. From what I've heard, Lyn asks you if you're the tactician from FE7 and you can confirm or deny. Since that character and the Avatar are both "you," Lyn is essentially asking you if you've played Blazing Sword.

As said, it's really a fourth-wall joke. The Avatar-as-character never says anything in these exchanges, so really, what's she's doing is asking YOU if YOU are "the tactician" from Blazing Blade.

Even then, though, we don't know what happened to the Avatar before the memory loss...
emot-v.gif

Ah, okay. That makes sense. Thank you~

My Cherche just obtained Donnel levels of growth during my grinding to a lv 6 War Cleric and now everything except Mag and Res have exceeded past the 30's.

I don't even know if I want to change her back into the Wyvern class because she's my best healer right now.

Esura

Banned
Wow, I'm impressed that Lucina and Cynthia actually refer to each other as sisters. Their support is cute. Figured they'd use some canned dialog for the kids.

I am wasting way too many hours grinding away on the DLC...need moar.

wasted a few hrs too cuz grinding there is quite slow after like your first promotion.

just solo florina's team with all the options turned off to level way faster.

It takes what, 10min to finish the 1st dlc map? Takes 1min to finish florina.

Wow, I'm impressed that Lucina and Cynthia actually refer to each other as sisters. Their support is cute. Figured they'd use some canned dialog for the kids.

That reminds me, does anyone know if Morgan says something different while recruiting him when asked about Lucina if they're siblings?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just did a rescue staff spam to level up Maribelle. So much faster than the dancing spam with Olivia lol.

Busaiku

Bah, maybe I should've reclassed Donny earlier.
At 26 now and he's leveling so slowly already...

Frederick's a problem too, with really low stats and low EXP gain.

Yep, I am definitely overlevelled. Beat chapter 7 without having to reset and before the reinforcements Cordelia warned about showed up. Maybe I should stop recruiting older characters, or at least use people I never use in those maps.

I literally had to do Chapter 5 over like fifteen times until I just said fuck it and threw Frederick in my party. Playing on Hard/Classic. I just finished Chapter 7, and the game really started to click for me as I watched Panne and Lon'qu tearing shit up and trash talking, as well as finally being able to eke out a little bit of usefulness in Donny.

It is almost five in the morning. This game has devoured my soul.

Gestahl

You know I think this game might have some balance issues (Ch14-25 Lunatic pictured below. Chrom has gotten 2 dozen levels simply for tagging along):

Y7fJN3p.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom