• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, but I'd like to thank you for your wonderful site! <3
No problem, but it kinda hurts me when you say it when my site's down X D

Sorta on-topic, I think I'll change my avatar soon; I'm really starting to feel the FE mood!

Rarutos

No problem, but it kinda hurts me when you say it when my site's down X D

Sorta on-topic, I think I'll change my avatar soon; I'm really starting to feel the FE mood!

Oh I've been using your site regardless... With the cached version on Google. And yeah, I was kind of amused that the SerenesForest guy had an Ys avatar. :)

TreIII

While I don't disagree, I feel like the idea is that you're passing down the skills genetically. Just looking at it from a flavor/gameplay perspective.

Well, then obviously, genetic stuff would not be an option. Can't exactly pass down "Holy Bloodline" related powers and etc. in case like that!

Even so, I see no reason why at least some skills couldn't be "taught" in cases like that. Might make for an interesting gameplay mix where you might be dealing more with "badass normals" who have to go without bloodline hax and what-not, to say the least!

Prax

I was always under the impression that Serenes Forest was run by a female. In fact, I keep thinking that most people in the SF forums are females too. XD Am I wrong? Whoops!
I always thought FE was a frnachise for girls like me! Hahaha

Oh I've been using your site regardless... With the cached version on Google. And yeah, I was kind of amused that the SerenesForest guy had an Ys avatar. :)
These days Fire Emblem's kind of my job and Nihon Falcom's my hobby. Or something like that.

(My avatar on my forum is Ys too.)

FE Awakening is really tingling my fanboy senses though : P
I was always under the impression that Serenes Forest was run by a female. In fact, I keep thinking that most people int the SF forums are females too. XD Am I wrong?
I need to stop using female avatars exclusively one day. Maybe after I get a real waifu...

I just noticed their feet after all this time, now it's hard not to focus on them haha.

Can't wait for UK release, I'll probably buy a 3DS XL that day.

Should have brought one before Jan 15th XD so you get a free retail download game, choices of Mario 3D Land/Layton/Style Boutique/Freaky Forms.

Rarutos

These days Fire Emblem's kind of my job and Nihon Falcom's my hobby. Or something like that.

(My avatar on my forum is Ys too.)

I know how that feels. I basically had zero hype for anything Fire Emblem related after Path of Radiance (or was it Radiant Dawn? I don't remember being excited for Radiant Dawn much at all though, so...) came out, and now all of my fanboy feelings are coming back to me because of Awakening. <3

I would make newborn kittens into sushi and sign a pact with a demon to take my first child if I could get this early.

Come on, NoA/US GameStop. SHOW ME SOME LOVE.

I know how that feels. I basically had zero hype for anything Fire Emblem related after Path of Radiance came out, and now all of my fanboy feelings are coming back to me because of Awakening. <3
You're crazy. PoR was <3 I'm replaying it as we speak! And Radiant Dawn was even better. My hype's been reinvigorated because of Awakening, too, though--mainly since RD came out in '07 and Shadow Dragon was... well, Shadow Dragon. FE12's English patch also helped a bit.

I was always under the impression that Serenes Forest was run by a female. In fact, I keep thinking that most people in the SF forums are females too. XD Am I wrong? Whoops!

Weird, I also got the impression that most people on SF were girls

Rarutos

You're crazy. PoR was <3 I'm replaying it as we speak! And Radiant Dawn was even better. My hype's been reinvigorated because of Awakening, too, though--mainly since RD came out in '07 and Shadow Dragon was... well, Shadow Dragon.

Oh no, don't get the wrong idea. I LOVED PoR, but Radiant Dawn kind of disappointed me.

Wilsongt

I would make newborn kittens into sushi and sign a pact with a demon to take my first child if I could get this early.

Come on, NoA/US GameStop. SHOW ME SOME LOVE.

You're crazy. PoR was <3 I'm replaying it as we speak! And Radiant Dawn was even better. My hype's been reinvigorated because of Awakening, too, though--mainly since RD came out in '07 and Shadow Dragon was... well, Shadow Dragon. FE12's English patch also helped a bit.

Oh God.

I'd just cobble up Reggie's cock for an early release in the US.

Not going into kitten sushi or anything.

Prax

I need to stop using female avatars exclusively one day. Maybe after I get a really waifu...
Haha.. No, I don't think that's it! I think maybe your site design sensibilities were very feminine to me though! XD

I hope you get it back up and running soon. ;_; I have needs!

Speaking of street dates being broken... :I This will totally mess with my countdown image! Maybe I can't change it to "4 days remaining, 1 street date broken!"
Now I have to head to work, but I got to play up to the part where the demo ends and then the continuing chapter scene. Enough to trigger one support convo between Chrummy Chrom and I. Yay!
I guess I will be staying up really late to play now. XD Good thing for a free day tomorrow!

Mupod

Or you could move to Canad...well actually, your route sounds easier.

jL2Mgl0LM4P1J.jpg

fernoca

I'm paying in full my preordered copy this Friday. So, hopefully the streetdate (if it's broken) will be in that day, since I want my artboook!!! :p

Animekatt

I just called my GS, and the guy said he hasn't heard about the street date being lifted. Even if it was, they haven't received the game yet, so he also said to call back Thursday and or Friday. I'll check back on both days.

Gamefly lists the release date as 02/04 but they usually ship a day before the ACTUAL release date...but it releases on a Monday!? I wonder if they will ship the copies on Saturday? Hmm...

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Snagged one of two copies left at the local EB, save the pre-orders. It's Fire Emblem time!

Edit: Such a boss intro.

zroid

Banned
It's unnaturally warm in Toronto right now (around 5 C); these temperature fluctuations make it difficult to dress myself appropriately :<

And it sucks having to wear thick boots at the current temp, but with all this slush everywhere, no choice.

jackal27

Banned
I am going to play EVERYTHING in this game. Every mission, every difficulty, classic and casual. Just because I go that hard in the Fire Emblem.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Guess I'll stop at GS on my way home tonight. If they don't have it in I'll at least pick up some eshop shop cards to prepare for dat dlc.

Persona86

Banned
Should have brought one before Jan 15th XD so you get a free retail download game, choices of Mario 3D Land/Layton/Style Boutique/Freaky Forms.

I wanted to! especially since Amazon had the White XL with Mario 3D Land for just £140, but I didn't have enough money at the time, and now it's back to £170 without extra game. :(

iavi

I'm waiting for the Eshop release, but I REALLY want to play this game like now...

A call to the local GS may be in order.

Doorman

My sister today was trying to convince me to get the Awakening 3DS bundle, because I've been drooling over the color and design of it and she wants an English-region system (for what games, I'm not really sure) so she's hoping she can snag my old one.

I'm still kind of tempted, mostly because I just really like the look of that system, although "upgrading" from an OG 3DS to another non-XL version feels a little pointless. I'm assuming that performing a system transfer wouldn't somehow invalidate the Fire Emblem data that's already on the new system, yes?

Velcro Fly

Waiting for the actual release day. I've been punching a hole in my DS backlog the past couple weeks. Still have almost a week to keep going so I think I'll take that opportunity.

Just called Gamestop. (alaska)

They did in fact remove the streetdate.

Unfortunately they didn't say anything about when they're getting the games :(

I've got a pre-order in at Best Buy... I may have to call them tomorrow and see if they'll start giving the game out since GS seems to be doing it.

Chrom

I'm assuming that performing a system transfer wouldn't somehow invalidate the Fire Emblem data that's already on the new system, yes?

It wouldn't. However, having Fire Emblem data already on the old system and moving it over to the new system would have the data in the new system become overwritten with the old.

My sister today was trying to convince me to get the Awakening 3DS bundle, because I've been drooling over the color and design of it and she wants an English-region system (for what games, I'm not really sure) so she's hoping she can snag my old one.

I'm still kind of tempted, mostly because I just really like the look of that system, although "upgrading" from an OG 3DS to another non-XL version feels a little pointless. I'm assuming that performing a system transfer wouldn't somehow invalidate the Fire Emblem data that's already on the new system, yes?
It wouldnt you just download it again in the eshop

Chrom

Probably going to grab this when it comes out. Is this similar to Tactics Ogre? I loved that on the PSP.

I've only played Ogre Battle 64 so I'm not the most informed, but if the rest of the games are like that then I'd say it is mostly similar to Fire Emblem. Biggest difference I'd say is that everything is turn-based rather than having some real-time elements, and in Fire Emblem, the term unit refers to simply one character unlike in OB64 where it refers to a group of characters hustled together in their own little squadron and fight together in battle.

Also, Fire Emblem has always been strictly grid-based. OB64's not really like that at all.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I got my copy today! Just finishing up my StreetPass tags and I'm going to start tonight.

backlot

I've only played Ogre Battle 64 so I'm not the most informed, but if the rest of the games are like that then I'd say it is mostly similar to Fire Emblem. Biggest difference I'd say is that everything is turn-based rather than having some real-time elements, and in Fire Emblem, the term unit refers to simply one character unlike in OB64 where it refers to a group of characters hustled together in their own little squadron and fight together in battle.

Tactics Ogre is completely turn based and has single character units like Fire Emblem. So I guess Tactics Ogre is closer to Fire Emblem than Ogre Battle 64 is.

Tookay

Probably going to grab this when it comes out. Is this similar to Tactics Ogre? I loved that on the PSP.

I'd say it's different than Tactics Ogre but closer to that than Ogre Battle 64 (the Battle and Tactics being different themselves).

It's more like... uhhh Advance Wars I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom