• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Well, Vaike says his name out loud several times and it rhymes with "Pike." :p That's pretty simple, too.

That's what I thought at first, but then at one point he definitely pronounced "Vaikier" like rhyming with "pay". I didn't know what to believe anymore.

PBalfredo

I've decided that I want all the kids. I got most of the units I use regularly paired up, now I ask GAF's help pairing the spares.

Bachelors:
Gaius
Kellam
Lon'qu
Libra
Ricken

Bachelorettes:
Nowi
Lissa
Maribelle
Panne
Tharja

I'm looking good support convos/thematic pairs over gameplay-focused min-maxing. I already got a solid team in my Hard/Classic campaign. The one pairing I'll refuse is KellamxNowi. I already got their C support and
Nowi making Kellam her "brother" is NOT the best way to begin the path to S rank. Ew.

Not listed: AnnaxMoney and Stahl&VaikexTheBench

I've decided that I want all the kids. I got most of the units I use regularly paired up, now I ask GAF's help pairing the spares.

Bachelors:
Gaius
Kellam
Lon'qu
Libra
Ricken

Bachelorettes:
Nowi
Lissa
Maribelle
Panne
Tharja

I'm looking good support convos/thematic pairs over gameplay-focused min-maxing. I already got a solid team in my Hard/Classic campaign. The one pairing I'll refuse is KellamxNowi. I already got their C support and
Nowi making Kellam her "brother" is NOT the best way to begin the path to S rank. Ew.

Of those, I did GaiusxMari. That was a fun one that had some nice backstory for Gaius. I also did RickenxLissa which again provided backstory for Ricken, but wasn't as entertaining. I started to do RickenxNowi, which I almost went with, RickenxPanne, but Panne seems to hate him, and LibraxTharja, just because they're polar opposites, before deciding on Henry instead.

finished! & with no casualties in the final battle! (something i didn't manage to do with the 2 gba games)...

give me more great 'little games' like fire emblem (devil survivor, radiant historia, disgaea, etrian odyssey, metal gear ac!d), & i'm a pretty happy guy. as much as i enjoy my share of 'hd console' epics, i think it's these nicely put together portable gems that're the ones that keep me sane :) ...

Roto13

Bachelors:
Gaius
Kellam
Lon'qu
Libra
Ricken

Bachelorettes:
Nowi
Lissa
Maribelle
Panne
Tharja

Lon'qu and Nowi is kind of amusing. They play house together but Lon'qu is all super srs and stuff. It's creepy when they get married, but I get the impression there's no way for Nowi not to be creepy when she gets married. Except possibly with Ricken since he's pretty young.

Lon'qu and Nowi is kind of amusing. They play house together but Lon'qu is all super srs and stuff. It's creepy when they get married, but I get the impression there's no way for Nowi not to be creepy when she gets married. Except possibly with Ricken since he's pretty young.
That was the pair I made during my first playthrough.
Or attempted to make at least, before they both died...

Support conversations that start with PLAYING HOUSE together and then GETTING MARRIED to a female who looks and acts like a little girl is actually really, really creepy when looked at objectively.

I may end up purchasing some of the later DLC chapters.

Some of those are definitely geared towards grinding which I am fine with. Grinding in this game is relatively painless compared to some other genres like MMO's for instance.

Grinding in this game to me at least is alright, my main issue comes with story chapter difficulty, and how doing the paralogue's can over-level you and reduce the difficulty even if you go in order since they don't seem to be ordered by actual difficulty.

Another issue with this is you need to do the paralogue's in order to get all the characters. Expecting people to know which paralogue's they should do in order to get all the characters and maintain the challenge (not an issue in previous FE's) is an unreasonable expectation to assume of new comers to the series or fans playing it for the first time.

I'm sure if IS learns from Awakening then this hopefully won't be an issue in future games.

PBalfredo

I've been thinking of pairing Ricken and Nowi together for that reason. That hasn't gotten off the ground yet because they're both underleveled. Though in reality that's the pairing where the age difference is the most sever. But, eh.

Support conversations that start with PLAYING HOUSE together and then GETTING MARRIED to a female who looks and acts like a little girl is actually really, really creepy when looked at objectively.

Dammit Nowi. I want to recruit your daughter, but everything about you is so creepy when it comes time to marry you off. Can't you just, lay an egg or something? Split like bacteria? Help me out here.

Roto13

Well unless you plan on never marrying her off, there's not much you can do about it anyway. She's annoying and creepy with everyone.

Honestly, marrying her daughter would be less creepy.

Dammit Nowi. I want to recruit your daughter, but everything about you is so creepy when it comes time to marry you off. Can't you just, lay an egg or something? Split like bacteria? Help me out here.

If she split like bacteria, there'd be two of her. One is too much.

Another issue with this is you need to do the paralogue's in order to get all the characters. Expecting people to know which paralogue's they should do in order to get all the characters and maintain the challenge (not an issue in previous FE's) is an unreasonable expectation to assume of new comers to the series or fans playing it for the first time.

I'm sure if IS learns from Awakening then this hopefully won't be an issue in future games.

I've played nearly every FE title and I didn't know how to properly tackle the Paralogues. Thankfully they allow you to quit back to the map before you start missions in this game.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I've played nearly every FE title and I didn't know how to properly tackle the Paralogues. Thankfully they allow you to quit back to the map before you start missions in this game.

That's what he meant, there's no obvious order without checking them regardless of your experience with the series. Previously side chapters were done in line with the rest of the story, or it was something like Sacred Stones where you could give up on the Tower/Dungeon after any floor.

zroid

Banned
That drove me nuts too. The 4 bits of dialogue weren't a lot to go on and they were all spoken with different intonations.

I just picked the one that seemed best-suited to the design I chose for MU. On a subsequent playthrough I might give him/her a non-matching voice, for the lulz.

Ricken x Nowi was cute. Bonus points for it only feeling like kids rushing into marriage rather than pedophilia (well, ignoring the inmense age gap because of Nowi...).

PBalfredo

Okay, I'm hearing a lot for Ricken x Nowi, so I'll go with that one. That leaves:

Bachelors:
Gaius
Kellam
Lon'qu
Libra

Bachelorettes:
Lissa
Maribelle
Panne
Tharja

I already got Tharja up to A with Kellam, but that support is pretty boring, honestly. I'm sure one of the other pairing with Tharja have to be much more entertaining.

Draxal

I didn't find Donnel + Nowi to be terribly creepy.

The one convo I had between Donnel and Nah actually seemed really natural.

Okay, I'm hearing a lot for Ricken x Nowi, so I'll go with that one. That leaves:

Bachelors:
Gaius
Kellam
Lon'qu
Libra

Bachelorettes:
Lissa
Maribelle
Panne
Tharja

I already got Tharja up to A with Kellam, but that support is pretty boring, honestly. I'm sure one of the other pairing with Tharja have to be much more entertaining.

Donnel/Nowi works the same way Rickon/Nowi works and Donnel is a better daddy (passes along peg knight).

Of those you have listed um, Gaius/Tharja seems to have alot of fans and I'm one of them, as does Libra with maribelle (creates a really strong dark mage kid).

TWILT

Banned
I went with DonnelXNowi as well. Was really cute. :3

Bachelors:
Gaius
Kellam
Lon'qu
Libra

Bachelorettes:
Lissa
Maribelle
Panne
Tharja

Lon'quXTharja (I only raised it up to B, but I liked what I read) and GaiusXMaribelle perhaps? I think you get to hear more about Gaius' backstory if you pair him up with Maribelle anyway.

Anteo

Bachelors:
Gaius
Kellam
Lon'qu
Libra

Bachelorettes:
Lissa
Maribelle
Panne
Tharja

Why isnt the Vaike with Lissa already?

Also, Tharja x Libra is so interesting, the way the support builds revealing some dark secrets.

scy

Gaius x Tharja
Lon'qu x Panne
Maribelle x Libra
Lissa x Anyone besides Kellam somehow

Alternatively, just do Lissa x Lon'qu and put Kellam with Panne and then proceed to forget about that kid :x

Edit: Though, I will say I was a fan of Gaius' supports with Lissa. It's just kind of cute, in the whole princess and the thief sort of pairing of it.

Avallon

If you delete your save data and restart your game, what happens to the stuff you can get from Spot Pass? Is it reset or do you retain it?

zroid

Banned
I wonder if the 8-4 guys listen to Weekend Confirmed. On Friday's show, Jeff Cannata shat all over the story/dialogue writing in this game.

I can understand not liking the story, but the dialogue is just incredibly snappy and enjoyable. Haven't listened to WC in more than a year, but I'm a bit curious what he has to say.

Lon'qu is probably good with anyone.

Hmm... I'm thinking Lon'qu x Tharja right now. But I might go with Libra or Henry.

Alternatively, just do Lissa x Lon'qu and put Kellam with Panne and then proceed to forget about that kid :x

Hmm, well, seeing how their kid is a "coward" (for lack of me thinking of a better word rn), a Kellam father should would be appropiate in a way.

Bachelors:
Gaius
Kellam
Lon'qu
Libra

Bachelorettes:
Lissa
Maribelle
Panne
Tharja

I liked Gaius x Tharja. Showed both of their personalities pretty well and a good boost in class options for the child.
Heard Lon'qu and Panne is a good support, but I would say Lon'qu and Lissa for the superior child.
Libra and Maribelle I guess.
Panne will go childless I guess.

papercamm

Bachelors:
Gaius
Kellam
Lon'qu
Libra

Bachelorettes:
Lissa
Maribelle
Panne
Tharja

I did Panne & Long'qu. It was pretty cute.

scy

Hmm, well, seeing how their kid is a "coward" (for lack of me thinking of a better word rn), a Kellam father should would be appropiate in a way.

I'm not looking forward to him being such a coward in all his supports ;_;

At least Noire's timidness has the occasional BLOOD AND THUNDER to liven things up.

Libra and Maribelle I guess.

I quite liked Maribelle in this support. It wasn't at all what I expected from her. Then again, the prior support I did with her was with Olivia and I'm pretty sure they just went around picking up random dudes (srsly) so maybe I should've known better than to expect things.

Then again, Libra does basically nothing in these supports so it's kind of boring.

I quite liked Maribelle in this support. It wasn't at all what I expected from her. Then again, the prior support I did with her was with Olivia and I'm pretty sure they just went around picking up random dudes (srsly) so maybe I should've known better than to expect things.

Then again, Libra does basically nothing in these supports so it's kind of boring.

Maribelle and Lissa does show a good side of Maribelle and gives some backstory for her which was nice.

Roto13

I can understand not liking the story, but the dialogue is just incredibly snappy and enjoyable. Haven't listened to WC in more than a year, but I'm a bit curious what he has to say.

Hmm... I'm thinking Lon'qu x Tharja right now. But I might go with Libra or Henry.

Henry and Tharja fit pretty well. I think I did some stuff with Libra and Tharja that was ok but I didn't S Rank them. It was alright.

Maribelle and Ricken is a good pair, too, conversation wise.

PBalfredo

I'm hearing a pretty even split between Lon'qu x Tharja and Lon'qu x Panne.

If I go with Lon'qu x Tharja, then the rest would likely be

Libra x Maribelle
Panne x Kellam
Maribelle x Gaius

If I go with Lon'qu x Panne, then the rest would probably be

Libra x Tharja
Lissa x Gaius
Kellam x Maribelle (maybe switch the last two pairings around?)

Hmmmmmm, decisions decisions. Support convos are srs biz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom