• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm hearing a pretty even split between Lon'qu x Tharja and Lon'qu x Panne.

If I go with Lon'qu x Tharja, then the rest would likely be

Libra x Maribelle
Panne x Kellam
Maribelle x Gaius

If I go with Lon'qu x Panne, then the rest would probably be

Libra x Tharja
Lissa x Gaius
Kellam x Maribelle (maybe switch the last two pairings around?)

Hmmmmmm, decisions decisions. Support convos are srs biz
They really are. I never imagined I would put so much thought into it.

So do you guys recommend using both Maribelle AND Lissa? I've really only been using the former since I got her.

I ended up using both since it allowed me to split up my units on some maps into two groups with a healer in both groups. And having more healers won't hurt, especially since they don't take away exp from other units.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
stupid anna kept dying before i could reach her (hard). had to restart the mission 5-6x because of that.

First one I assume? I had trouble with that too, ended up having to rush Sully up there and skill the archers, Anna survived with like 2HP. Saw someone say you don't have to save her to recruit Anna later, but you miss out on her reward and presumably the staff from the village since it likely went down with her.

zroid

Banned
I've played a few more chapters since my first attempt at Paralogue 2, so I'll probably have another crack at it now. The last time, it seemed completely hopeless.

Even if you "Rescue" Anna, they would still bar up the village, I'm guessing? No shortcuts allowed. :(

Draxal

I went

Chrom X Sumia . Canon is canon and aether is good stuff.
Cordelia X Avatar. Can't get chrom? get his best bro. and she's actually by far the best character as a wife with an insanely good skillset (sorceror with galeforce/armshtrift/sol yes please). Passed along rally str so Severa/Morgan can rally everybody.
Maribelle X Vaike. I just wanted to give Brady access to axefaire, and friendly commoner vs aristrocrat worked. Passed along galeforce.
Lissa X Frederick. I just liked them together, passed along galeforce, plus I like Luna.
Panne X Gregor. This relationship cracked me up, passed along deliverer.
Olivia X Virion. Virion's convos with Inigo cracked me up,passed along galeforce
Lon'Qu X Miriel. Funny relationship, passed along dual support.
Nowi X donnel. Pretty much one of only two non creepy relationships for Nowi, passed along underdog.
Stahl X cherche. Screw pies, laundry is where it's at, passed along dual support +
Gaius X Tharja. Passed along counter, funny relationship + pegasus knight.

First one I assume? I had trouble with that too, ended up having to rush Sully up there and skill the archers, Anna survived with like 2HP. Saw someone say you don't have to save her to recruit Anna later, but you miss out on her reward and presumably the staff from the village since it likely went down with her.

yea. i threw half my party to the right side to intercept the mages and bandits. the rest was above average dodging on her side.

Tunavi

Banned
I've played a few more chapters since my first attempt at Paralogue 2, so I'll probably have another crack at it now. The last time, it seemed completely hopeless.

Even if you "Rescue" Anna, they would still bar up the village, I'm guessing? No shortcuts allowed. :(
you dont get her from paralogue 2

Apdiddy

Like a lot of people, I've been playing this quite a bit and this is my first FE. I'm only at Chapter 16 and I got about 22+ hours so far (mainly to unlock advanced classes for characters and plus have most of my characters overcome Frederick being too powerful).

Unfortunately, I ended up with
Chrom and Sumia getting married
but I actually liked the storyline arch for them.

And this is one of the few games I've cried during -- Chapter 13
where Lucina reveals that she is Chrom's daughter. That whole cutscene for the reveal was just perfect -- Lucina's watery eyes, "one sword for a fallen world," the music, everything.
Part of me somewhat wishes the game just focused on
Lucina
and not
other children jumping through time. It's a bit overboard IMO.

Besides the above mentioned couple, I had as couples:

Strahl x Sully
Donnel x Nawi (less creepy supports, plus Donnel is now at the Hero class)
Ricken x Miriel (Miriel I like although I sorta wished there was a way for her to exhibit more emotion)

Debating who to pair up for the Male Avatar (Lissa? Cherche? Cordelia? Lucina? Not really sure).

Still, after this game I think I'm going to do more SRPG's like Suikoden series, the other Fire Emblems, Jeanne D'Arc, Tactics Ogre, and maybe Disgaea.

Libra x Tharja is one of the worst couples in the game. That S support of theirs will literally make you question why you paired them up in the first place.

scy

I kept thinking of Olivia x Virion, if only to make sense out of Inigo's womanizing ways but Oliva's support with Maribelle answers that entire aspect anyhow.

Olivia x Stahl is way too cute. I'm hard pressed to not keep doing that one, honestly.

I'm trying to think of good final classes for my party which is mostly the kid characters, I'm thinking:

Owain: Swordmaster
Severa: Hero?
Kjelle: I dunno Paladin? Great Knight? General?
Brady: Sorcerer or Dark Knight?
Inigo: Sniper maybe? He looks like a sniper...
Gerome: Wyvern Lord I guess
Cynthia: Falcon Knight maybe? Or War Cleric?
Yarne: Assassin?
Morgan: no idea...
Noire: Sage?

Any suggestions on good final classes for these guys would be greatly appreciated

San Tacos

Neo Member
Is looking at the character's "rating" score a good way to size up their "level"? Like it's hard to say whos better than who just by looking a their level and EXP, so is just considering their stat totals the best way to compare units?

Ala Alba

Is looking at the character's "rating" score a good way to size up their "level"? Like it's hard to say whos better than who just by looking a their level and EXP, so is just considering their stat totals the best way to compare units?

Just use the full detail view mode and compare the stats directly?

zroid

Banned

You should probably switch to the "Full" display, imo. Rating isn't particularly useful.

GeekyDad

So do you guys recommend using both Maribelle AND Lissa? I've really only been using the former since I got her.

Only used Lissa mostly for my first playthrough and then dropped her altogether for Libra. But this time around I want to use Maribelle too. I want a valkyrie.

M-PG71C

Q: So I been playing some of the DLC maps. The first time through, they played retro music. Which was cool as fuck. Now replaying them, they don't. Can I change it and how? Thanks!

Anteo

Q: So I been playing some of the DLC maps. The first time through, they played retro music. Which was cool as fuck. Now replaying them, they don't. Can I change it and how? Thanks!

Yeah sometimes it bugs and plays a non DLC music, it's weird.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm trying to think of good final classes for my party which is mostly the kid characters, I'm thinking:

Owain: Swordmaster
Severa: Hero?
Kjelle: I dunno Paladin? Great Knight? General?
Brady: Sorcerer or Dark Knight?
Inigo: Sniper maybe? He looks like a sniper...
Gerome: Wyvern Lord I guess
Cynthia: Falcon Knight maybe? Or War Cleric?
Yarne: Assassin?
Morgan: no idea...
Noire: Sage?

Any suggestions on good final classes for these guys would be greatly appreciated

I made Morgan an assassin until I got Lethality, and then reclassed her to Grandmaster. She was my killer unit by the end of the game.

Libra x Tharja is one of the worst couples in the game. That S support of theirs will literally make you question why you paired them up in the first place.

I paired Donnel and Tharja, and found it rather funny.

OceanBlue

I've encountered the same spotpass people so many times. I wonder if I can get people to duplicate my boots by setting my message to "Hold Boots" and letting Robin hold boots.

Chrom

Yeah sometimes it bugs and plays a non DLC music, it's weird.

You sure it's a bug? It is weird, but I always looked at it as their way as letting you play with the other music if you wanted, after you beat the map the first time. As far as I know, it never happens until after you beat it. You could definitely be right, though.

Anteo

You sure it's a bug? It is weird, but I always looked at it as their way as letting you play with the other music if you wanted, after you beat the map the first time. As far as I know, it never happens until after you beat it. You could definitely be right, though.

Sometimes happens after going to a Risen/Bonus Box Team and quiting, then going to the DLC, but others it just play the DLC music. I should now as I'm abusing the DLC right now.

M-PG71C

Sometimes happens after going to a Risen/Bonus Box Team and quiting, then going to the DLC, but others it just play the DLC music. I should now as I'm abusing the DLC right now.

THAT SOUNDS RIGHT! It's playing it now, its gotta be a bug. I was playing a Risen map and got my ass whipped and now I'm DLC abusing for shits and giggles.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Lol just heard Tharja say "You're already dead!". I think.

I know Donnel goes "Get ir dun!" sometimes, haha.

VICI0US

man, i've been on chapter seventeen for several days now, haha.

just clearing the world map of risen, streetpass/renown encounters, paralogue chapters, and the occasional DLC map

also my severa is insane. armsthrift with fairily high luck and an awesome forged weapon, galeforce, and sol.

she's a one woman, map-clearing machine.

The pandering in this game can be disgusting.

Let's go on a date Dad. Omg we look like lovers. Blush blush.

At times the game makes me want to throw my 3DS at a wall and it's not that I'm playing it on hard/classic.

zroid

Banned
The pandering in this game can be disgusting.

Let's go on a date Dad. Omg we look like lovers. Blush blush.

At times the game makes me want to throw my 3DS at a wall and it's not that I'm playing it on hard/classic.

Chill, bro, it's not like it's unusual for girls to joke around with their fathers like that. Don't take it too seriously. Ever heard of a "father-daughter ball"?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Finished the game last night on Normal/Classic. Absolutely loved it. Only lost Vaike and Kellam, and don't regret losing either of them.

I probably should have played on Hard instead, but oh well! Had an absolute blast, and unlike many many other SRPGs I've played, I only ended up turned on turn and animation skipping near the end of the game. That really is a testament to the flow of the game, as I do that about 4 maps in in SRW these days.

It's kind of hilarious how
fucking long the ending gets if you recruit everyone, but don't lose any.
(ending spoilers)

vctor182

I've been waiting for my units to reach lvl 20 before changing/promoting class. It is a bit tiresome but I think it¿s worth it, what do you guys think?

thetrin

I've been waiting for my units to reach lvl 20 before changing/promoting class. It is a bit tiresome but I think it¿s worth it, what do you guys think?

It's worth it. I never had issues with it, though. My characters kept maxing out before I knew it.

emb

Not as much so in this game as in others. It's preferred if you want to promote them straight from whatever class they are already. The best way to do it (I'm guessing; I have no science to back this up) is to second seal them at 10 or a little after, pick up another class, get its skills and promote from that. Might need to second seal twice depending on the character's growth and caps. At least that way though you end up having enough skills to fill all your slots, and it doesn't take too long. And really I guess it's better to hit 20, switch, and so on, but you only have so long in this game before you're just spinning wheels.

Do you still get less exp by changing class instead of promoting it to an advanced one? Also, If I change class a 3rd time will I level up slower than the 2nd one or will it be the same?

Not sure, but I think you still get exp cut, just not as drastically as from promoting.

I'm listening to it right now and I can't find where they are discussing it.

Can you give me a timestamp?
Yes he starts in around 1h:34m.

Link to podcast page

I can understand not liking the story, but the dialogue is just incredibly snappy and enjoyable. Haven't listened to WC in more than a year, but I'm a bit curious what he has to say.
I agree.

He calls the writing "dreadful", "poorly written," and "dreck." He complains that the characters are not "nuanced."

thetrin

He calls the writing "dreadful", "poorly written," and "dreck." He complains that the characters are not "nuanced."

I honestly do not understand how Cannata can fawn over so many stories, and then single out FE for its story. That seems totally ridiculous to me. I think the more nuanced logistics of the story are disjointed and not well explained, but I would hardly call it dreck, especially considering its contemporaries.

Drago

So I started a bit of work on my hard/classic run. It took me three tries just to beat chapter 1. (Would have been two but every attack missed when I got to the chief :/)

I can tell it's going to be a real pain in the ass to fully complete! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom