• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

I finally beat Chapter 2 after an hour of retries and spending extended time on making decisions. grahh..

I have a feeling I'll have a lot more fun with this game on hard mode, even if it will go out of it's way to fuck me over several times :)

And thanks for the Donnel advice guys. Sounds like he'll be a bitch to make useful, but it will be all worth it.

Bench Frederick? Never. He's the perfect bait. Put him just within range, let him sponge it for a round, then everyone else comes in to clean house.

My favorite strategy to use with him so far is to attack the boss of a chapter once, which makes the boss lose a ton of health, then get one of my weaker units to finish him off so they get the massive EXP gain.

Yarne's Paralogue Chapter Decision's

Assist the red army?
"No"

Assist the green army?
"No"

Fight them both?
"Yes"

Are you sure?
"...Yes?"

*20 extra promoted enemies appear. Making the total: 46 opponents vs my measly 13.

:/
Completely expected this to happen but I'm still not happy about it.

CSX

Assist the red army?
"No"

Assist the green army?
"No"

Fight them both?
"Yes"

Are you sure?
"...Yes?"

*20 extra promoted enemies appear. Making the total: 46 opponents vs my measly 13.

By the time I did this chapter, I had some strong units. My Panne as an assassin killed a third of them in one turn :p. Beautiful EXP

i just use rescue and keep a small group at choke points so no one gets to them.
I just cant be bothered most of the time. I let all of them in Owain's mission die.

Assist the red army?
"No"

Assist the green army?
"No"

Fight them both?
"Yes"

Are you sure?
"...Yes?"

I love this chapter. Tore right through both armies with my swordmasters.

Plus its worth it just for Chrom's "wtf are you trying to do man" reaction

Ferrio

Banned
So what determines that level of enemies when using the reeking box? I wanted to level up some of my stragglers, but the enemies are like 6 levels higher than them.

I just played the first paralogue that showcased this, and I was amazed watching the 3 villagers move towards a hill full of enemies instead of defending their village on the other side of the map. It was hilarious.

It was really frustrating because fucking everything one shots them.

Speakng of villager NPCs, what do you get from Gerome's paralogue? Fuck saving all of them though how the hell is it even possible. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm glad or not that they don't move at all.

Speaking about that, is there a point when you can buy second seals?

Chapter 16

NeonZ

Speaking about that, is there a point when you can buy second seals?

Chapter 16 in the main story, Paralogues 6, 10 and 16. All those paralogues are pretty high level though...

So what determines that level of enemies when using the reeking box? I wanted to level up some of my stragglers, but the enemies are like 6 levels higher than them.

The location. They're always a few levels above the original enemies of the story chapter where they appear for a challenge battle. So, you'll get the weakest Risen by using one in South Town.

Assist the red army?
"No"

Assist the green army?
"No"

Fight them both?
"Yes"

Are you sure?
"...Yes?"

I tried this on Lunatic when this Paralogue first opened up. When that happened, I just cracked up.

I lost and eventually had to come back to it as well as team up with the red army.

Drago

I almost never use Frederick. Only when I'm facing a seriously difficult episode. Otherwise he stays benched.
He's a great wall for the early chapters, he saved a lot of my units so far. I can't wait until DLC unlocks in my file so I can level up units and won't have to use Frederick anymore...

Esura

Banned
Lucina's Morigan is dope with the Aether and Ignis which seems to activate constantly compared to Chrom's Aether and "Esura's" Aether. I have a bunch of these stat boost items like Secret Book and Naga Tears, can I just use it on her or should I hold them for some reason?

Lucina's Morigan is dope with the Aether and Ignis which seems to activate constantly compared to Chrom's Aether and "Esura's" Aether. I have a bunch of these stat boost items, can I just use it on her or should I hold them for some reason?

Lucina is god tier. Aether all day long.

Speaking of Lucina, her supports with Cynthia are fantastic. So much humor, warmth, and character. Very well-written.

I thought the Fire Emblem code was to always not use pre-promoted units whenever possible anyway?

It's more to not overuse them. They are good when you need a meat shield, to weaken a boss or an enemy or just need to finish off something that someone didn't kill off. But don't just give them all the kills just cause it is easy to since you'll be hurting the growth of the rest of your party.

And this only really holds true to the starting pre-promoted. The ones that come later in the game generally are able to hold their own.

PK Gaming

Damn this game is soooooo good

I can't stop playing it, thinking about it, and talking about it with others

it's taken over my life help...!

EDIT:

#1 Cynthia fan

Esura

Banned
Lucina is god tier. Aether all day long.

Speaking of Lucina, her supports with Cynthia are fantastic. So much humor, warmth, and character. Very well-written.

Cynthia is so freaking cute in her supports with Lucina. I just got finished reading Nah's B support and Yarne's A support with Cynthia and I just love her hero complex.

And this game is so good all the employees at the local Gamestop I preordered MGR from is talking about Fire Emblem Awakening and loving it.

The ones that come later in the game generally are able to hold their own.

Yeah

normal_Pent.png

This guy was pretty awesome from what I can remember.

Lucina's Morigan is dope with the Aether and Ignis which seems to activate constantly compared to Chrom's Aether and "Esura's" Aether. I have a bunch of these stat boost items like Secret Book and Naga Tears, can I just use it on her or should I hold them for some reason?
My Morgan is either using aether, ignis or vengeance every turn, most of the time two at once

Its pretty ridiculous. The blood of the next exalt and Tactician runs strong in her

Esura

Banned
My Morgan is either using aether, ignis or vengeance every turn, most of the time two at once

Its pretty ridiculous. The blood of the next exalt and Tactician runs strong in her

Should I keep Morgan a Grandmaster or should I make her yet another Grand Lord?

Frolow

Banned
Was I supposed to do anything special to recruit Anna? She survived the battle and I talked to her as Chrom, which I presumed were the conditions.

JoeFu

Banned
My Lucina and Cynthia (who are sisters in my game) are freaking amazing. Aether and Galeforce = lolwat. Lucina has 4 stats maxed out, and Cynthia is on the way there.

Some of my guys are screwed though, like Owain and Kjelle, both had terrible stats when I got them, probably because their parents sucked.

My Lucina and Cynthia (who are sisters in my game) are freaking amazing. Aether and Galeforce = lolwat. Lucina has 3 stats maxed out, and Cynthia is on the way there.

I had the same set-up. Lucina and Cynthia were one team; Severa and Morgan (who maxed everything but luck) were another. Nothing could stand in their way.

SaberVulcan

It's more to not overuse them. They are good when you need a meat shield, to weaken a boss or an enemy or just need to finish off something that someone didn't kill off. But don't just give them all the kills just cause it is easy to since you'll be hurting the growth of the rest of your party.

And this only really holds true to the starting pre-promoted. The ones that come later in the game generally are able to hold their own.

Ah okay. See I remember reading something back in the day when I was just started off this series that pre-promoted characters generally have bad stats and level slowly, so as time goes on they are just significantly weaker.

In Awakening I stopped using Fred as soon as I had enough units, and did not touch Anna or Libra at all. Oh well, live and learn. Plan to do a Lunatic run through soon anyway.

TWILT

Banned
My Lucina and Cynthia (who are sisters in my game) are freaking amazing. Aether and Galeforce = lolwat. Lucina has 4 stats maxed out, and Cynthia is on the way there.
Cynthia was somehow my 3rd best unit in my 2nd playthrough :x.
Does it matter if she dies in Paralogue 2, or she still be recruitable regardless?
Don't think so. Just make sure she doesn't die in a later Paralogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom