• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Banned
Female Morgan is adorable and I love her.

She really is. Daddy's little girl she calls herself.

Do the male Morgan calls himself a Mama's boy? Please say yes cause I would lol.

Pretty sure that's a class that doesn't carry over.

Tried to second seal her and nope. No dice. Oh well, Grandmaster is cool too. She got 205 rating upon upgrade from Level 20 Tact. She might end up stronger than my Hero Sevara, who is kind of OP with Donny's Aptitude right now.

JoeFu

Banned
So... just found out Morgan can be pretty much any class, I'm just going to grind her like crazy. Going Merc ->Hero-> Dark Flier -> Grandmaster or something like that...

I wish I read more about the inheritance and stuff before, so I could have grinded my other chars before I got the kids, but whatever.

Female Morgan > Male Morgan

There is no arguing this.
By the time I did this chapter, I had some strong units. My Panne as an assassin killed a third of them in one turn :p. Beautiful EXP

My Panne completely got screwed by the RNG goddess. Almost got her killed when getting Yarne.

I love this chapter. Tore right through both armies with my swordmasters.

Plus its worth it just for Chrom's "wtf are you trying to do man" reaction

Loved Chrom's reaction as well. If Avatar had talked I would've liked him to say something close to "Chrom, I don't care how much of a bad idea this is. I'm the Tactician of this army and I say we take them both out."

I tried this on Lunatic when this Paralogue first opened up. When that happened, I just cracked up.

I lost and eventually had to come back to it as well as team up with the red army.
Well now I'm tempted to ignore this until Endgame when I do my Lunatic run. Don't think I could bring myself to team up with any of them.

Yeah

This guy was pretty awesome from what I can remember.

Pent was like a god send, especially since my Erk sucked.

Then there was Hawkeye. Who I remember using once in his intro, and he still proved a useful unit even in the endgame for Hector's mode.

Esura

Banned
I need to get this Laurent kid and Inigo kid for my Children of the Corn army to be complete. Would Kellam or Henry be a good mate for Miriel and Libra for Olivia?

I dunno yet, I just recruited him seconds ago. I haven't even finished the Paralogue yet. :p

Oh...post impressions when ya done.

So... just found out Morgan can be pretty much any class, I'm just going to grind her like crazy. Going Merc ->Hero-> Dark Flier -> Grandmaster or something like that...

I wish I read more about the inheritance and stuff before, so I could have grinded my other chars before I got the kids, but whatever.

I don't even feel like jumping classes after reading all that stuff about internal levels and all that.

My Panne completely got screwed by the RNG goddess. Almost got her killed when getting Yarne.

That's too bad. Panne was the unit I kept wanting to bench because I had a solid core, but her levels were so good that I eventually realized she was endgame ready without any help.

Pent was like a god send, especially since my Erk sucked.

Then there was Hawkeye. Who I remember using once in his intro, and he still proved a useful unit even in the endgame for Hector's mode.

I never had much luck with Erk either (although I only rarely bother with Pent). Hawkeye, however, has beasted in quite a few of my HHM runs. The normal axe-user accuracy problems never seemed to bother him much.

Donny should force his child to inherit his pot helmet instead of hair color.

I really like that idea.

Also, female Morgan is adorable. I just don't see how I'll ever do a run without her.

Esura

Banned
It's still hard to do ;_;
To be fair, I replaced Tharja as my #1 favorite with Lucina so it was a bit easier. :p

HELL TO THE NO

Donny's supports with Cordelia is freaking cute. And just the idea that a Pegasus Knight hooking up with a farm boy is just all kinds of adorable.

My Severa is pretty damn awesome too with Donny as a pa.

ultron87

Good lord, my Severa is a freaking hellion of destruction. And Morgan is only slightly less so. Best sisters ever.

But I can't decide which one of all the female children to marry Owain to. It's like an anime up in here.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
To be fair, I replaced Tharja as my #1 favorite with Lucina so it was a bit easier. :p

Donny's supports with Cordelia is freaking cute. And just the idea that a Pegasus Knight hooking up with a farm boy is just all kinds of adorable.

My Severa is pretty damn awesome too with Donny as a pa.

The thought of them together makes me physically sick.

Good lord, my Severa is a freaking hellion of destruction. And Morgan is only slightly less so. Best sisters ever.

Best family ever.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
OK. I just did the most incredibly stupid thing. Because of the stupid language bug, I have to reset the language back to English and then back to Japanese every time I start the game. Every freaking time! So annoying, but it got to the point I can do it fast... Until just a few minutes ago. I did it too fast, and wasn't paying attention and... wiped my data! All of it! So I have to start all over. I was only up to chapter 8 and 3 paralogues, but still.

Why couldn't they make a language option that actually works???

JoeFu

Banned
K, went through with my plan and Morgan is beast mode now :D

Probably not worth having Ignis and Sol as skills, but whatever she has Galeforce now! Armsthrisft with 48 luck as well :D.

JoeFu

Banned
lol I unequipped Fred at the beginning and used him as a meat shield. The only promoted unit I liked in the Fire Emblems I played was Titania. She was amazing.

XeroSauce

I'm biased against axe users. I just don't like slow high offense/low defense units. Not for melee at least. I don't think there's been a Fire Emblem yet where I've successfully kept alive a fighter/pirate/warrior/whatever class, even when trying to groom them into quality units.

How about Ross or Dorcas?

Well, I've gotten to the point where the kid units are outclassing the parent units by leagues. I never thought I would see the day where Chrom/MU/Gaius were the weak links in my party that needed to be protected, but that's where I am now.

Also, if I do a second playthrough, I'm definitely going to always Second Seal before fully promoting because it makes the units so much more beastly. The only character I did it for was Inigo (Mercenary to lvl 20, reclassed to Myrmidon) and he's already hit stat caps on three stats. I only got him like three battles ago and he's already wicked strong.

Interesting note: I went ahead and S ranked Owain and Cynthia because they were just too perfect together, and because they're cousins, the little indicator on their info screen says "Companion" instead of "Husband/Wife." Neat little touch.

Or this guy?
Fepr-boyd.jpg

Are people playing to have their child characters effectively replace their parents?

lol, too manly.

Made mine a Hero, then Swordmaster, and back to Hero. She destroys everything.

I was going to pass on her at first, but her inheriting Gaius' 4+ critical kill rate skill and what I'm assuming is an overall combination of their stats makes her promising.

Was Ross that trainee? I think I got him up to a decent character once. But Dorcas and Boyd eventually became pincushions for archers.

I think the only reliable axe user is Hector, who is so ridiculously good to make up for the suck of every other axe user in this series.

Was Ross that trainee? I think I got him up to a decent character once. But Dorcas and Boyd eventually became pincushions for archers.

I think the only reliable axe user is Hector, who is so ridiculously good to make up for the suck of every other axe user in this series.

You played RD, right? Is Haar too godly to count?

Jill's not bad either...

CSX

Yea Ross is a trainee. Hes the original Donnel. Dude is a monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom