• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't that Haar? Didn't Jill the red head wyvern rider have a father?

I dunno. Maybe I'm getting confused.

Jill's father
is the boss in a map in PoR. You can make her kill her father and it's awesome.

Haar is not related to Jill, he's just awesome.

Jill is kinda difficult to grow in RD, she starts off with pretty terrible stats since she starts as a Dawn Brigade member, and her caps are a lot lower than Haar's.

Haar is just a beast for the entire game.

PK Gaming

Jill's father is the boss in a map in PoR. You can make her kill her father and it's awesome.

Haar is not related to Jill, he's just awesome.

Jill is kinda difficult to grow in RD, she starts off with pretty terrible stats since she starts as a Dawn Brigade member, and her caps are a lot lower than Haar's.

Haar is just a beast for the entire game.

You can set up Jill for success in RD by giving her the Seraph Robe, Energy Drops & Draco Shield.

I call it the Jill starter pack; she'll be one of the best units in the lame brigade.

You can set up Jill for success in RD by giving her the Seraph Robe, Energy Drops & Draco Shield.

I call it the Jill starter pack; she'll be one of the best units in the lame brigade.

Yeah, she definitely is one of the best units in the Dawn Brigade in that game.

I played through RD many times and always used her and always capped her stats by the end of the game. Still, they are quite a bit lower than Haar's, but she is still a great unit.

Can Frederick use the Master Class seal? I promoted him to General with a regular seal, but now I'm unable to use my MC Seal.

Is general the highest he can go?

Also thinking about demoting him and than level him up to level 10 again.

Can Frederick use the Master Class seal? I promoted him to General with a regular seal, but now I'm unable to use my MC Seal.

Is general the highest he can go?

Also thinking about demoting him and than level him up to level 10 again.

He needs to use a 2nd seal to reclass. I'd wait until he gets to level 16, and then move him to another promoted class.

To everyone,

Thanks for the correction on Jill. It was a long time since I played PoR and RD. I got the characters a bit confused.

Anyway, never used Haar. I probably missed a few good axe users here and there since I'm biased. But I just never feel like I can rely on them.

GeekyDad

Guys,

I'm at chapter 9. Some questions:

1)Can someone explain master and second seal in more detail.

2) at this point, how important is forge? Im worried that by the time i spend a lot of money improving existing weapons, better ones will show up. So far, I've been having weapons break and then rebuying them. I have no clue what I'm doing.

Second seal re-classes unit; master seal promotes unit.

I never once forged a weapon in my first playthrough (Hard/Classic). I guess it can be useful for especially challenging battles, but I think there are better ways to spend your money.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Thank you. Is there a recommended time as to when a character should be promoted? I read somewhere that its when they "max out" but don't exactly what that means.

Im sorry; this is my first emblem.

Honestly, unless you're having problems with a given characters, wait until they hit 20, and then promote or reclass. If you're impatient, promote after 10, and then reclass after that as much as you want. 20 just affords you some sweet skills, but under 15, you level quicker.

PK Gaming

If we're talking about Radiant Dawn

images

Edward is my boy. To hell with Zihark, I always ran with Edward even on hard. Sure, he's not that great of a unit, but he can be a beast if you raise him up. What you put out is what you get, and in Edwards case I get a badass Trueblade that kicks all kinds of ass.

I can't wait to use him as a spotpass character, even if his ability is kind of meh.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Now how the hell am I NOT supposed to do all these paralogues that just opened up? I want to meet my children, but it will just level me too much :(

Unless you're grinding, I don't think you'll be THAT overleveled. I can't imagine what you're doing that is overleveling you to the point where main chapters are trivial. They may be easy (insofar as you don't get slaughtered by the RNG) but I don't think it completely trivializes the game.

While we're talking about Radiant Dawn, I'd just like to take this moment to brag about my speed-capped Micaiah. Oh, it was glorious. I'd put her on the front lines with Sothe nearby and she'd dodge and double everything. I also raised a killer Leonardo that playthrough. My Dawn Brigade could not be stopped.

Unless you're grinding, I don't think you'll be THAT overleveled. I can't imagine what you're doing that is overleveling you to the point where main chapters are trivial. They may be easy (insofar as you don't get slaughtered by the RNG) but I don't think it completely trivializes the game.

Well, should nearly all of my main team be promoted at chapter 14? I haven't really grinded at all, just did a few paralogues early on and 1 or 2 non-story battles because they were blocking a secret shop with a second seal.

It's still challenging to some extent because I'm not letting anyone die, but it does feel like I shouldn't be as powerful as I am when I can just send in a few random pairs into a large group of enemies without having to worry about them dying.

Playing on hard/classic by the way.

While we're talking about Radiant Dawn, I'd just like to take this moment to brag about my speed-capped Micaiah. Oh, it was glorious. I'd put her on the front lines with Sothe nearby and she'd dodge and double everything. I also raised a killer Leonardo that playthrough. My Dawn Brigade could not be stopped.

I also managed to cap Micaiah's speed on at least a couple of my RD playthroughs.

Micaiah was quite a beast in the final chapter. So many generals, so much Thani...

Other amazing units:

Haar
Nephenee
Elincia if you cap her stats
Mia
Ilyana (for the SS thunder tome)

can't think of any others but those were all really good

I also managed to cap Micaiah's speed on at least a couple of my RD playthroughs.

Micaiah was quite a beast in the final chapter. So many generals, so much Thani...

Other amazing units:

Haar
Nephenee
Elincia if you cap her stats
Mia
Ilyana (for the SS thunder tome)

can't think of any others but those were all really good

You know who should be on that list? Fiona. Seriously, look at her growth rates, and her skills. And the fact that she's one of the few actual interesting characters in the Dawn Brigade. She'd be a great unit if they gave her decent base stats, and more than three chapters to catch up to everyone. So much wasted potential there. If RD is remade, she deserves her chance to shine.

You know who should be on that list? Fiona. Seriously, look at her growth rates, and her skills. And the fact that she's one of the few actual interesting characters in the Dawn Brigade. She'd be a great unit if they gave her decent base stats, and more than three chapters to catch up to everyone. So much wasted potential there. If RD is remade, she deserves her chance to shine.

She would be usable if the chapter she joined wasn't an indoor chapter, then a swamp chapter, than a solo chapter, and then finally another indoor chapter. She might as well not even be playable.

so when my main character hits 20 as a hero, is he done?

or am I second sealing him back to anything and going through the process again?

I noticed they lose a ton of stats when they do that, but they potentially surpass their original totals?

Totally new to FE here so im not sure what exactly is the best course of action

I also didnt get chrom with anyone and ive lost some of the potential matches for him

Any characters you just don't give a fuck about and don't use?

Right now the 2 kids I just don't give a fuck about is Mirirel's kid and Panne's. Personality and shit stats rolls mostly.

so when my main character hits 20 as a hero, is he done?

or am I second sealing him back to anything and going through the process again?

I noticed they lose a ton of stats when they do that, but they potentially surpass their original totals?

Totally new to FE here so im not sure what exactly is the best course of action

Second Seal him to another promoted class. You'll be able to learn new skills and earn more stat gains. Your stats will be adjusted (for better or worse) on class change depending on what you are changing to, but those are only minor changes.

Mr. Fix

Right now the 2 kids I just don't give a fuck about is Mirirel's kid and Panne's. Personality and shit stats rolls mostly.

Laurent, Yarne, Ricken, Maribelle, Brady got shelved on my first.

Gregor, Nowi, Ricken, Panne and all the mothers who got Galeforce for their kids (including Cordelia :I) were shunned on my 2nd. Getting Galeforce on them early on had them pretty OP, so I took 'em out for a while, but never got back to using them.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

I just married Miriel and Ricken since I don't give a shit about either, and figured they deserved each other.

Ive lost Kellam, Maribelle, and Virion in combat

Ricken and Nowi and a lot of the later characters after Panne get right on the bench

Kevtones

Thumbs up. Is this your first Fire Emblem?

I took on the GameCube one but it didn't stick for whatever reason. The portable nature of it and types of battles you're able to approach keep it fresh, consistently.

Is this the best one? I don't mind tracking down the best of there's a consensus :)

Kenai

I took on the GameCube one but it didn't stick for whatever reason. The portable nature of it and types of battles you're able to approach keep it fresh, consistently.

Is this the best one? I don't mind tracking down the best of there's a consensus :)

I'd put the PoR/RD combo above this, but it's kinda unfair since that's two games worth of awesome to tell the whole story and build the world. I'd put Awakening as my favorite standalone game of the series, and that's saying a lot for me since I've liked every one I played (even Shadow Dragon).

AniHawk

gerome's personality sucks. and that's too bad because virion's a cool guy and cherche wants to be there for her son. i don't think i'll be using him or pairing him up with the other people from his age group that i like.

lissa's kid's kind of a weirdo. yarne's a bit of a jackass, but that's all from his mom. still looking for a good person to pair morgan up with.

noire's pretty awesome though. bipolar to the extreme. fits, since donnel and tharja are her parents.

Not much of a consensus since it's a very consistent series with only one translated game below great. I like the Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn combo, but you really can't go wrong with any of them except for Shadow Dragon maybe, which isn't bad either but not as good as the rest.

Just keep in mind the rest aren't as forgiving as this one. Awakening is pretty damn streamlined compared to some of the others, which can be pretty brutal if you don't know what you're doing.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
In my normal run-through, I never cared about Vaike, Ricken, Stahl, Frederick, Gregor, Libra, Henry Sully, Say'ri, Panne, Anna, Virion, Kellam.

Half had no plans for babies and the other half were only for baby purposes, and I wasn't going to replace normal units with baby units.

Moonlight

Banned
Gonna be hard giving Cordelia to another man this playthrough ;_;
I'd pair her up with Chrom if the game actually allowed that. As it stands, Frederick makes for a decent enough partner.

More on the current thread of discussion, there's quite a few characters that I don't care much for. That I left behind most of the first generation as soon as I got their kids was a sad reality, although easy to justify given how far above their parents they were. I dropped my Cavaliers about as soon as the game would allow me. I stacked my army with Pegasus Knights, which cost me some stages, but after a bit of time they turned into literal engines of destruction, so I don't really regret that.

I really didn't care for Kellam. He was pretty boring, and just looked really out of place. His gimmick that he's never noticed worked pretty well for me, given where he stood in my army.

Most of the other units, I tried to give a fair shake, mostly for supports, although there's definitely a few that I completely skipped over. Ricken, for one. I didn't really use Maribelle either - by the time I got her, Lissa had assumed a role in my army as designated healer, and she was much better at it (and, quite frankly, much hardier) than Maribelle was. It helps that I wasn't that enthralled with her character, although her support with Donnel is fairly charming. Libra, I wound up forgetting about entirely after I got him. I only wound up using him because I was fast running out of bachelors and Olivia needed someone to pair with.

I actually liked Say'ri quite a bit - she had killer character design and Swordmaster is my favourite class in the game, although her Avatar support seems pretty boring, so I don't feel too bad about committing way before hand.

I didn't care much for Panne's kid at all. I always thought it was a bit funny, really, how Lon'qu and Panne managed to produce a wimp like him.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I'd pair her up with Chrom if the game actually allowed that. As it stands, Frederick makes for a decent enough partner.

He was a candidate for her while I get with Lucina or Severa , but dat S rank. I just feel bad for him =/

Frolow

Banned

I've never used Mirirel outside of Chapter 3. By that point in the game Robin was already much stronger with magic than she was so I didn't even bother.

im 14 hours in, chapter 13, and im debating restarting now that I know who some of the later characters are and how the children aspect work

im still not worried about power gaming it and doing the galeforce thing with everyone and making sure that the stat gains are at x levels, just playing it like I have been. But Chrom not having an actual wife kind of screwed things up real good

should I tough it out and get at least one playthrough complete, or go ahead and scrap it?

massoluk

Banned
Finished... Man, last level was a cake walk, took 3 turns, boss went down like Diablo being whacked in Diablo I, shows how much time I spent leveling perfect characters. The ending was kinda disappointing, no crispy neat epic animation like in the earlier level.

Time for Hard Classic (was casual before) and new match making set-up. Avatar will get 2nd gen waifu this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom