• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

timnich

Is normal mode the old easy mode? I noticed it said in the description that it was for series beginners, so I picked Hard mode. A little tough, I hope I don't regret this later on...

Loving the game so far though. The visual style is so different from the GBA games, but I think it suits the series.

Chrom

Is normal mode the old easy mode? I noticed it said in the description that it was for series beginners, so I picked Hard mode. A little tough, I hope I don't regret this later on...

Loving the game so far though. The visual style is so different from the GBA games, but I think it suits the series.

The difficulty mode descriptions are very fitting. If you've played Fire Emblem before, Normal should be very easy.

Koodo

Banned
Blessed broken street date, I have acquired the game.

io1Uxvr5tPIKY.gif

Doorman

It's not just Canada...I know a guy in Texas who was telling me a little while ago that apparently damn near every store in his area has broken the date now and started selling.
Guess I'll just have to make the rounds tomorrow...

GSR

It's not just Canada...I know a guy in Texas who was telling me a little while ago that apparently damn near every store in his area has broken the date now and started selling.
Guess I'll just have to make the rounds tomorrow...

Shiiiit. Calling my GS first thing tomorrow and making a run over there if they do have it.

teekun

Definitely gonna grab this! Anyone knows if there are any restrictions to purchases on the eShop made outside of NA using a NA 3DS?

I've got an NA 3DS and the only restriction I have using it in Australia is I can't access any Nintendo Video content. All other purchases on the eShop are just fine using points cards.

Necrovex

Post if you have any luck, US folk. I don't wanna drive out to Gamestop for (more likely) disappointment ):

I'm going to hit up my Best Buy tomorrow morning (on my way to school), and Gamestop in the afternoon (on my way home). Thankfully, I have to pass these two places during my commute.

Boo. Either people are out already or they haven't arrived. The Best Buy in my area checked the computer - they're all on order but not in yet.

zroid

Banned
I've got an NA 3DS and the only restriction I have using it in Australia is I can't access any Nintendo Video content. All other purchases on the eShop are just fine using points cards.

not sure if you're aware, but if you want to save time and use credit cards to pay instead, you can change your region to Canada (Alberta to minimize taxation).

Got my copy! :D

But no artbook even though I pre-ordered. ;_; (They oversold the pre-orders way too much at my location and a bunch of other people aren't getting a book either.)

I hope Udon or some other company publishes the Knights of Iris artbook. I'd pick that up for sure.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Hard is a good challenge for me, having played every western FE released. I think any easier and I wouldn't care for it quite as much.

GSR

Hard is a good challenge for me, having played every western FE released. I think any easier and I wouldn't care for it quite as much.

Yeah, Hard felt like the right level from the demo, especially since this has extra opportunities to get EXP like FE8.

Busaiku

I tried picking it up (here in Texas), and the guys at my Gamestop says they're not letting it out till they get the 3DS, which is the standard release date.
I hate you people!

teekun

not sure if you're aware, but if you want to save time and use credit cards to pay instead, you can change your region to Canada (Alberta to minimize taxation).

I can use an Australian credit card on the eShop with a Canadian address? I had no idea.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Called the 2 Gamestops around me; 1 said it's released the 5th, the other said the 6th.
What is wrong with San Francsico?

Is there a spoiler-free list of the requirements to unlock the Gaiden chapters? Or do they work differently / are non-existent in this game?

For all the gaiden chapters it is either complete a certain chapter or have a certain character married after a certain chapter is completed. There isn't anything by turn limits or requirements in battle.

Mr. Fix

Any reviews out for this? What is the consensus from Japan release?

There's one tomorrow, I'm assuming that's when the embargo lifts. As for how well it did in Japan, it was either the best or second best in terms of sales. They also made a huge chunk off of the DLC.

Marche90

I am going to this, but I had forgotten which region was. Thanks!

Can't wait, seriously. Anyone knows if the game will go live the first minutes of the 4th? If that's so, most likely I'll stay awake until I buy it and will leave the 3DS on till mornng to download it and have it ready to go.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I got to chapter 3 and lost
Sully and then restarted, then lost Stahl ... lol.
Both times were because of my own mistakes, but Awakening seems less forgiving for silly mistakes than Sacred Stones was. I'm playing on Normal too.

Socreges

Banned
I've made a terrible mistake.

Decided to try out Awakening even though I want to finish FE12 first. Now I'm not sure I want to go back. Awakening is just so damn polished and alluring.

GSR

I've made a terrible mistake.

Decided to try out Awakening even though I want to finish FE12 first. Now I'm not sure I want to go back. Awakening is just so damn polished and alluring.

That's kind of what happened to me. I got to about chapter 3 of FE12 over break, put it down, then played the Awakening demo. Hard to imagine going back.

Rarutos

The only good thing about Awakening not being in stores for me yet is basically so I could finish FE12. I pretty much got to Chapter 20 in about a week. Pretty close to the end...

But if Awakening suddenly appears at my local GS I am totally dropping it like a hat on fire. Or whatever the phrase was.

Ken

My Gamestop isn't getting the game until the 5th. Not even sure if that's a shipping delay or if that's just what they have on their computers as its release date. Might just grab it on the eshop on the 4th. :(

jackal27

Banned
Gonna call the 3 or 4 Gamestops in my area tomorrow. I will drive an hour to buy it early. If they don't have it, I am hoping that Wal-Mart gets it so I can go buy it at midnight.

The only good thing about Awakening not being in stores for me yet is basically so I could finish FE12. I pretty much got to Chapter 20 in about a week. Pretty close to the end...

But if Awakening suddenly appears at my local GS I am totally dropping it like a hat on fire. Or whatever the phrase was.

Yeah, same for me. I'm right near the end of FE12 and hopefully my Gamestops suck so I can finish it before they get it.

Chrom

Ha, funny you say that because I'm also near the end of that game as well at the moment, although it's actually FE3 just for the sake of finally getting around to finish it.

It'd be extremely tempting to go ahead and just buy the game early if I ever saw the opportunity, but I already put money down on the bundle and don't intend to buy more than that. Tough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom