• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

"Nah"? Really? "Nah"? Not that Nn was a good game, but Nah?

Why do most "localized" names tend to sound worse than the originals? How do you go from something normal like Azure to Inigo? What the hell is an Inigo? And Serena is a pretty normal name but it's now Severa?

Who makes these decisions?

Inigo is as close as you can get without straight up calling him Indigo, which is close to azure. I wouldn't call naming a guy Azure in English 'normal'.

Severa seems to fit more with her personality than Serena, it's a shame the duality with her mother's name is lost though.

I'm more disappointed at Sol/Soiree being turned into Sully/Stahl but alas.

StayDead

Early recruit question:
is there any benefit in using Donnel, the boy from Paralogue 1? He's severely underpowered compared to the rest.

He ended up being my favourite guy in the game later on as he grows so damn well. If you turn him into a hero, he just never stops critting or doing sick damage.

Koodo

Banned
Now, why can't I use a Master Seal on Donnel even though he's already Level 10? Is it because his current class is that of a Villager?

Koodo

Banned
Donny learns a skill at Level 15. If you promote him earlier you miss the chance of ever doing so.
Oh, I see. Bless, I'll level him some more then.

Should I generally wait until Level 15 or beyond for any unit before promoting/reclassing?

Waiting all the way until 20 has never been best (except maybe fe8 due to creature campaign, and fe10 for its length) as typically you dont hit the level cap. Really 15 or so is the sweet spot. That said, this game removes the level cap idea so you REALLY shouldnt care, as you can reclass and get even more level ups.

Javier

For fun, here's the number of Facebook likes each character got during their respective Spotlights in the Nintendo 3DS Facebook page:

- Chrom (1.131)
- Frederick (600)
- Lissa (561)
- Marth (1.336)
- Emmeryn (538)
- Sully (595)
- Stahl (607)
- Vaike (469)
- Miriel (534)
- Kellam (532)
- Sumia (611)
- Lon'qu (693)
- Donnell (622)
- Panne (747)
- Gaius (758)
- Cordelia (938)
- Tharja (1.017)
- Cherche (821)

Artemisia

Banned
SerenesForest members discovered most of the children character names already, some of them are amazing.

Wood/Eudes = Owain
Azure = Inigo
Serena = Severa
Degel = Kjelle (apparently pronounced Shell-ah)
Cynthia = Cynthia
Brady = Brady
Noire = Noire
Nn = Nah

Inigo??? Wtf kind of name is that? Are you sure it's not Indigo?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Recruiting
Donny
is hilarious.
You need to have him level up during the chapter, however right from the get-go he'd do 3 damage at 70% whereas the enemy can strike twice, OHKO-ing him with just the first hit.
Goddamn.

I didn't have too tough of a time.
Mostly I just saved low health archers for him to feed on for 40exp each, since they offers no chance of retaliation.

Effect

Going to see if I can get a print out ticket from Best Buy after work today. If I can I'm going to cancel my order on Amazon instead of waiting and just the credit I was using for something else. Don't really want to wait the extra week for the game.

SerenesForest members discovered most of the children character names already, some of them are amazing.

Nn = Nah

Favorite localised name change ever.

At least they kept
Noire
the same, wish they did the same for Lon'qu and Cordelia(It's not bad but I much perfer Tiamo)

cjkeats

Only EB/Gamestop, as far as I know. Best Buy pre-orders haven't shipped yet, and I've yet to read a report of someone having strolled into a store and picked it up.

Really? I wonder what the reward zone twitter was talking about then? The website don't seem to be selling it either.

Letep

I can't find a North American Gamestop or Best Buy that has this in stock within a 100 mile radius.

The wait. It continues.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I've decided to pick up a 3ds for this. Not sure If I should go for the FE bundle or just go with the XL.

I'm leaning toward the XL but Ive never owned a LE system before.

About the marriage system, can any character marry any other character of the opposite gender? Because that could have some incestuous ramifications...

Takuan

I've decided to pick up a 3ds for this. Not sure If I should go for the FE bundle or just go with the XL.

I'm leaning toward the XL but Ive never owned a LE system before.

XL, XL, XL. You'll really appreciate the increased screen size, and the hardware itself is more robust. The regular 3DS looks and feels cheap in comparison. I'm sure you can find it on sale. I just picked one up over the weekend for $160 here in Canuckistan.

Artemisia

Banned
Apparently the street date is back on. People have called stores in Canada and they said they aren't allowed to sell it anymore.

I remember EBGames.ca had the game listed as released with no preorder option, but now its back to having its release day as 2/4.

pahamrick

Apparently the street date is back on. People have called stores in Canada and they said they aren't allowed to sell it anymore.

I remember EBGames.ca had the game listed as released with no preorder option, but now its back to having its release day as 2/4.

Thats kinda silly. Nintendo taking away the joy.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
XL, XL, XL. You'll really appreciate the increased screen size, and the hardware itself is more robust. The regular 3DS looks and feels cheap in comparison. I'm sure you can find it on sale. I just picked one up over the weekend for $150 here in Canuckistan.

Yeah, thats what Ive heard. Plus Wal Mart and Target here have the MK7 bundle for $190 so Id get an extra game.

Hows the 3D on FE Awakening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom