• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
Never used Streetpass before, can I just leave it in hibernate mode, (closed with the game running wireless on)? Will it get hits this way?

Javier

I'm about to go to a StreetPas MeetUp.

Are teams balanced or something for multi-player or is it going to be one persons Level 5 team versus someone's Level 60 team?
The latter. You receive and send teams through StreetPass just like they are in their original files.

Also, you can only send one team per game. If you start a second playthrough on another file and try to send a team from that one, you'll be asked if you want to send that team instead of the one from the previous file.

Godslay

Banned
Yup.

Generally StreetPass will ping whenever the system is on and not using the wireless signal (ie: internet or multi-player games).

Thanks. I'm going to have to start taking it with me. I read that even a non-Awakening streetpass generates random streetpass teams. Seems like fun.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Stuck trying to decide if I want tomebreaker on Cordelia or not. If not I could reclass her to mercenary right away, get Armsthrift then to Hero for Sol. But it seems like it could be useful for picking off mages.

Gods, just met her and I already hate Severa.

This is how I felt when I got her, might be the worst character in the game in that regard.

She's my best unit though, and my only optional second-gen character. I did it wrong, since I'm about to beat the game :lol

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Okay, so the Jeigan curse is lifted in this game.
Chapter 22 (hard/classic) and Frederick is my strongest unit.
Frederick is an Oifey, not a Jeigan. I think the last game with a real Jeigan was FE6 and Older Marcus.

NeonZ

So. He's more like Seth or Titania?

Frederick is... odd. If you don't grind at all, he can be decent, but he'll lag behind the others. His growths aren't really behind the other units - in fact, it beats some of the other Shepherds. However, his base stats are really low for a promoted unit and he'll gain experience slower than the others due to starting promoted, even if you change him back to a base class. If you grind for some time, but not start maxing out stuff, he's perfectly usable and can do as well as any other unit though as soon as you make up for those base stats.

However, if you start maxing everything, Frederick's -2 speed cap and generally slow class options, without many offensive skills, pretty much cripple him later on compared even to other first gen units. He really doesn't compare to Seth, who was pretty much the best paladin in Sacred Stones, and I think I'd rate Titania above him too.

Are teams balanced or something for multi-player or is it going to be one persons Level 5 team versus someone's Level 60 team?

No balance at all. Apparently there are some bonus stats for your team if you're playing on higher difficulties, but I've haven't had the opportunity to test that myself.

Delio

Well beat the game the other night. Nice ending and the game was great! Gonna take a nice break and maybe come back on Hard/Lunatic.

Draxal

Frederick is... odd. If you don't grind at all, he can be decent, but he'll lag behind the others. His growths aren't really behind the other units - in fact, it beats some of the other Shepherds. However, his base stats are really low for a promoted unit and he'll gain experience slower than the others due to starting promoted, even if you change him back to a base class. If you grind for some time, but not start maxing out stuff, he's perfectly usable and can do as well as any other unit though as soon as you make up for those base stats.

However, if you start maxing everything, Frederick's -2 speed cap and generally slow class options, without many offensive skills, pretty much cripple him later on compared even to other first gen units. He really doesn't compare to Seth, who was pretty much the best paladin in Sacred Stones, and I think I'd rate Titania above him too.

No balance at all. Apparently there are some bonus stats for your team if you're playing on higher difficulties, but I've haven't had the opportunity to test that myself.

In all honesty, I think Frederick's fine, you probably want to reclass him down to cavalier/armor knight in hard mode (not lunatic) to get some easy levels, but since he gets luna/aegis/pavise/dual guard. He's a fine unit. Like you mentioned the thing that's holding him back are his low base stats, his growth rates are actually fine.

Frederick is an Oifey, not a Jeigan. I think the last game with a real Jeigan was FE6 and Older Marcus.

To be fair, Sigurd is the original one who broke this rule. He's also probably my fav fire emblem char for sentimental reasons.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Finished the game last night. Going to try and get all the support convos I can as a "break" before starting a Lunatic file. Just came across this gem:
Tharja x Noire B support: "Even my umbilical cord was cut with a curse"

She's such a nut lol

papercamm

Finished the game last night. Going to try and get all the support convos I can as a "break" before starting a Lunatic file. Just came across this gem:

She's such a nut lol
Almost everything I've read from Tharja has been gold.

She's such a nut lol

I laughed so hard at that. Best waifu ever.

Apdiddy

I actually liked Severa -- I loved her whiny teenage outbursts. "That was mine!" when her partner character kills an enemy. I had paired Lon'qu as her father and her supports with him I thought were funny (considering
he has tragic reasons for not wanting to be around women.

I beat the game earlier and it's excellent -- I'm definitely going to seek out other SRPG's (like the rest of the series). It took me about 57 hours to beat the game on Normal/Classic. I think I overlevelled quite a bit.

By the end, Frederick was actually my weakest character....basically I went into the final battle with Donnel (grinded him from Villager to Mercenary to Hero -- and he practically kills everything), Cynthia (had her as Dark Flier), Sully (she's actually stronger than Frederick) and Inigo, Owain, Olivia (who all were just ungodly strong by the end).

Plus, there's a reference to Impossible Mission in the game:
Cervantes actually said "Another visitor to Plegia. stay awhile, stay forever."

Not to mention that Tharja was quoting Fist of the North Star.

massoluk

Banned
The lack of support for Anna, Say'ri,
Tiki, Basilio, Flavia.
:(
Man... They get to sit on my bench for eternity because of the lack of supports.

Soulhouf

Titania was a Jeigan in PoR IIRC. I tried so hard to use her and reset if she doesn't get a proper level up but that was awful.
Regarding Oifey, I don't agree because that one was playable only in the 2nd part of the game. Frederick is a Jeigan because he starts from the beginning as a low promoted unit but thankfully his growth isn't bad and that what differentiates him from the classic Jeigan.

Chrom

I don't mind the feet, or lack thereof.

Not as distracting as Final Fantasy Tactics characters having no noses.

image.php

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Conquest :3

Also: Holy shit Henry is such a psychopath/sociopath. LOL @ the C level support with the male avatar and him
Avatar walks in on him playing with a dismembered arm from a Risen corpse

I did not find the lack of feet distracting. I noticed it from time to time, but it did not bother me.

Titania was a Jeigan in PoR IIRC. I tried so hard to use her and reset if she doesn't get a proper level up but that was awful.
Regarding Oifey, I don't agree because that one was playable only in the 2nd part of the game. Frederick is a Jeigan because he starts from the beginning as a low promoted unit but thankfully his growth isn't bad and that what differentiates him from the classic Jeigan.

PoR Titania is decent through the majority of normal mode, and she's even usable at the end (though there will obviously be better options unless you're going for speed). On hard mode her stats become a problem.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I think I made a mistake making Lon'qu a Swordmaster instead of a Thief. Should I bother changing him to a Thief or would it not be worth it/too costly? He's a level 4 Swordmaster.

Busaiku

So I got Cynthia a while back, and Chrom is her dad for me, so the map was about the guy masquerading as her dad.
Does that change if she has a different father?

I think I made a mistake making Lon'qu a Swordmaster instead of a Thief. Should I bother changing him to a Thief or would it not be worth it/too costly? He's a level 4 Swordmaster.

at lvl 10 swordsmaster you can just secondseal him into becoming an assassin. Unless you really want the thief moves I think this is the better option (or wait til lvl 15 swordsmaster to get Swordfaire first)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
at lvl 10 swordsmaster you can just secondseal him into becoming an assassin. Unless you really want the thief moves I think this is the better option (or wait til lvl 15 swordsmaster to get Swordfaire first)

I'd get him to 15 for swordfaire, then reclass to theif (+1 movement is good, locktouch is worth having if you don't use any other character with it) and grind to 10 to promote to assassin.

But yeah, ideally you want to hit up your base classes first and then promote, rather than promoting multiple times. Learned that after making the mistake multiple times.

Soulhouf

PoR Titania is decent through the majority of normal mode, and she's even usable at the end (though there will obviously be better options unless you're going for speed). On hard mode her stats become a problem.

I only played hard mode, so that's why...
I was getting her close to level up during missions and level her up between battles using bonus xp. If the level up is really bad -> reset.

Regarding the lack of feet, I don't find it distracting at all. They have small feet and as johnsmith said, you can compare it to the lack of nose in FFT. You get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom