• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBalfredo

So I got Cynthia a while back, and Chrom is her dad for me, so the map was about the guy masquerading as her dad.
Does that change if she has a different father?

No, she's still following the guy pretending to be Chrom. For those that do have Chrom as her father, do they explain how in the world Cynthia could mistake that guy, who looks and acts nothing like Chrom, for her own father? Is she just that stupid, or what?

GSR

I'm a little disappointed the lategame characters (
Basilio, Flavia, Gangrel
) don't have more support conversations. It's not like it's even a way to dodge spoilers, given the Avatar can support with all of them so you can see their silhouettes if you go to his/her profile.

Also, (Paralogue 18 spoilers) is it just me or
did they not explain how Gangrel is alive?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
But yeah, ideally you want to hit up your base classes first and then promote, rather than promoting multiple times. Learned that after making the mistake multiple times.
I realized that after. I didn't have another Myrmidon at the time so I was reluctant to do Thief, but hopefully it hurt Lonqu's stats too much. I don't rely on him that heavily anyway.

Clunker

So I'm at Chapter 9 and hitting the point where a few characters are close to 20 - considering my class change options and I feel kind of overwhelmed with planning out second seal options. How necessary is it to really go crazy with mix-and-matching skills? If I don't want to grind characters through base classes again and I just start going to promoted classes, am I missing much?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Also, (Paralogue 18 spoilers) is it just me or
did they not explain how Gangrel is alive?

There's been some debate as to whether the spotpass paralogues are canon.

I assume they are technically non-canon, because all of them
have dead characters returning to life
. If they were canon they probably would have been part of the main game, not spotpass content.

So I'm at Chapter 9 and hitting the point where a few characters are close to 20 - considering my class change options and I feel kind of overwhelmed with planning out second seal options. How necessary is it to really go crazy with mix-and-matching skills? If I don't want to grind characters through base classes again and I just start going to promoted classes, am I missing much?

You level up and gain stats faster by class changing rather than promoting.

It's not really necessary to go after specific skills unless you're playing on Lunatic though, but obviously it does help (or it can break the game if you go too far). And if you do go after skills, like I said above, it's better to go after base classes first then promote just once, rather than end up promoting multiple times.

GSR

There's been some debate as to whether the spotpass paralogues are canon.

I assume they are technically non-canon, because all of them
have dead characters returning to life
. If they were canon they probably would have been part of the main game, not spotpass content.

I guess
Emmeryn
's paralogue'll make it a little more clear how canon or non-canon they are. Some of the others could be excused as
the character was only badly wounded and defeated, not killed
, but you can't really wave away
Emmeryn's death

About the SpotPass paralogues (apologies if I'm being repetitive!)...

Emm survived, but she lost her memory and her ability to speak coherently. Yen'fay meanwhile is definitely dead, but the one you recruit is from the future, just like the kids. I haven't bothered looking up Walhart and Aversa's explanations though.

PK Gaming

No, she's still following the guy pretending to be Chrom. For those that do have Chrom as her father, do they explain how in the world Cynthia could mistake that guy, who looks and acts nothing like Chrom, for her own father? Is she just that stupid, or what?

It's one of my (least) favorite tropes in video gaming.

I think my favorite example is how people mistook Shadow for Sonic in Sonic Adventure 2.

zroid

Banned
I don't suppose you can StreetPass yourself if you set up your game on two 3DS systems, right? I'd guess it would only work if you set up two different save files on each 3DS. I kinda want to battle myself, if I can :>

vctor182

Lissa turns out surprisingly good as a valkyrie she has high magic. Olivia also turns a really goods assassin with bow with her high skill and speed

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So, is there any reason why you would pair Donnel and Gaius up with girls OTHER than Sully, Tharja, and Nowi?

The only way to get Galeforce on Kjelle, Noire, and Nah is for one of those two to be the father.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just me or is that last "chapter" harder than the Endgame? I struggled a bit with that chapter, but I'd have probably beaten the endgame on my first try if not for reinforcements not appearing where I expected them to, so an assassin with a bow 1HKO'd a flying unit.

So, is there any reason why you would pair Donnel and Gaius up with girls OTHER than Sully, Tharja, and Nowi?

The only way to get Galeforce on Kjelle, Noire, and Nah is for one of those two to be the father.

My Donnel ended up with S support with Lissa really early, before I really knew anything about pairing up or how the kids worked. It was the chapter after Chrom got married or something. So that's one reason.

Can't seem to decide who I'd like as a Griffon Rider. I'm trying to get everyone a unique class that fits their character in the game.

Is their a griffon rider character later in the game? That class seems so random.

Riddy

This was probably answered before, but how exactly do I access the free map and bonus items sent to me? "Wireless" isn't selectable in my menu, what gives?

Chrom

Can't seem to decide who I'd like as a Griffon Rider. I'm trying to get everyone a unique class that fits their character in the game.

Is their a griffon rider character later in the game? That class seems so random.

No one in the story comes in as a Griffon Rider, I believe.

It's particularly dumb because ChromxSumia seems to be a canon pairing. You'd think it'd make *more* sense with him as the dad, not vice versa.

Unless you enjoy steamrolling the game, you're better off not getting bogged down in min-maxery.

Aww Tharja's last support conversation with her daughter is so sweet... that may actually be the most disturbing thing she's done.
That support was one of my favorites. I never should have ditched Tharja for Nowi, even if Manaketes are OP.

No one in the story comes in as a Griffon Rider, I believe.

That's what I figured. I guess I have to many swordmasters.

Don't know if this is a spoiler but I'll tag it:
Thinking about either having Sayri master class up to Griffon Rider since I have too may swordmasters. But I was thinking about turning Nowi into a Griffon Rider since I'm about to recruit Tiki soon. Does Tiki have any advanced classes she can level up to or is she already advanced Manakete?

That's what I figured. I guess I have to many swordmasters.

Don't know if this is a spoiler but I'll tag it:
Thinking about either having Sayri master class up to Griffon Rider since I have too may swordmasters. But I was thinking about turning Nowi into a Griffon Rider since I'm about to recruit Tiki soon. Does Tiki have any advanced classes she can level up to or is she already advanced Manakete?
Manaketes can reach level 30, and then they can second seal to any of their available base/advanced classes, but there's no advanced/basic Manakete class.

In terms of leveling up character relationships, should I be focusing on certain pairings, or just taking what I can get as the situations arise?

One last question on the paralouges, mostly about the kids.

Can I do them anytime after ch. 13? For example, can I do them before the second last chapter in the game and not miss anything?

I just don't want to miss any important story elements of the game. Do having the kids in your cast enhance the main story chapters?

One last question on the paralouges, mostly about the kids.

Can I do them anytime after ch. 13? For example, can I do them before the second last chapter in the game and not miss anything?

I just don't want to miss any important story elements of the game. Do having the kids in your cast enhance the main story chapters?

You can do them whenever.
They don't impact the main story at all.

bonercop

I
PoR Titania is decent through the majority of normal mode, and she's even usable at the end (though there will obviously be better options unless you're going for speed). On hard mode her stats become a problem.

21 STR, 24 SKL, 24 SPD, 19 DEF, 16 RES at 20/20.

That's pretty decent, honestly. She'll have a big level lead over other units for most of the game if you don't play favorites and use her exclusively as a meatshield.

NeonZ

I made all my transforming units do a stint as Griffon riders before changing back to their default class. They're all doing remarkably well.

I did that too, but then ended up finishing the game with Tiki stuck as a Griffon Knight because she never got to level 15 promoted before I had finished all story chapters...

PoR Titania is decent through the majority of normal mode, and she's even usable at the end (though there will obviously be better options unless you're going for speed). On hard mode her stats become a problem.

Titania is great for hard mode, she lets you clear chapters quickly to maximize BEXP gain. She's the best unit for half of the game and remains good for the entirely of the game.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like half the cast can reclass to archer, but I don't really like archers much to begin with so I haven't missed them at all.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I think archers are really bad in this in general, due to flat terrains and lack of shove.

Plus the game has wind magic, which hurts their benefit against flying units. Wind is better against wyverns and pegasus units aren't hard to kill without bows anyway.

Also doesn't help that you've got four classes that can use bows that aren't locked into them. I'd rather pack a bow on an assassin and use it here than there than have a unit dedicated to it.

Taxman

I've never really played much of FE except for a bit of the one with Ike in it. I'm loving this game. The gameplay is fun but so far I'm most enjoying the relationship aspects, because I'm making as many mismatched marriages as I can. Oh, you're a prissy aristocrat who refers to people as "commoners"? Enjoy being married to the hick villager. You have a fear of women? I think you'd fit best with the woman who will torment you with statues of women and female monkeys to see just where your phobia's boundaries are. It's very amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom