• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 10 is just amazing in general. I love the rain effects that you see during the battle sequences and on the grid and when you combine that with the music and story context it becomes something really special.

Hm...maybe I'm just remembering wrong, but in other FE games, didn't enemy reinforcements show up AFTER the enemy turn? That at least gives you some time to position your units accordingly. Having them show up at the start of the enemy turn is just unfair.

Hm...maybe I'm just remembering wrong, but in other FE games, didn't enemy reinforcements show up AFTER the enemy turn? That at least gives you some time to position your units accordingly. Having them show up at the start of the enemy turn is just unfair.

Maybe it depends on the chapter, but the last one I did, they definitely appeared at the end of the enemy turn.

That was standard starting with FE7, and is standard in Normal mode.

You know what I would have liked to see in a FE Awakening-2?
The story of Lucina and the casts kids quest to travel back in time. Show the realm in a post apocalyptic version, with the same maps we've played but all ruined and blasted.

I can't remember for sure but I think you're right. I don't think it's unfair though, the game always warns you when reinforcements are coming and usually you know where they'll be coming from. What's brutal is when a wave comes in very late in a Chapter after you assumed no more would come. I got super paranoid about that as the game went on, I was constantly leaving units on top of fortresses and stairwells.

Normal: End of enemy turn.
Hard and above: Start of enemy turn.

I can't remember for sure but I think you're right. I don't think it's unfair though, the game always warns you when reinforcements are coming and usually you know where they'll be coming from. What's brutal is when a wave comes in very late in a Chapter after you assumed no more would come. I got super paranoid about that as the game went on, I was constantly leaving units on top of fortresses and stairwells.

I have a general idea of where they may be coming, but I don't know what kind of units and what their ranges will be. Maybe I'm just bitter because I had to restart after losing Lissa to some wyvern reinforcements.

Normal: End of enemy turn.
Hard and above: Start of enemy turn.

Oh, interesting. Thanks for the clarification. (Playing on hard.)

Do people generally find this game to be pretty easy? It looks like many of you are playing on Hard. I wouldn't say I'm exceptionally good at SRPGs or anything, but it looks like I may already be over-leveled 5 chapters in. Should I restart on Hard?

Do people generally find this game to be pretty easy? It looks like many of you are playing on Hard. I wouldn't say I'm exceptionally good at SRPGs or anything, but it looks like I may already be over-leveled 5 chapters in. Should I restart on Hard?

I think it's mainly easy because of all the skirmishes, DLC, and side chapters. It's really easy to get your team over-leveled. (Previous FE's really made you be careful with the exp allocation, as there were only a set number of chapters and thus a limited amount of experience. With the exception of Sacred Stones.)

Just beat hard. Cut it close, didn't know how many people would die when my attack left the final boss with 1 hp.

Lost some late-game stragglers, but my 3 invincible units pulled through.

Lissa: battles 3, victories 0 LOL

Sumia: 0/0 LOLOLOLOL

One of my invincible units has 300+ victories ^_^

edit: so many Battles: 1, Victories: 0, DIED :-(

Anteo

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";48268156]Just beat hard. Cut it close, didn't know how many people would die when my attack left the final boss with 1 hp.

One of my invincible units has 300+ victories ^_^[/QUOTE]

That shows how every playthrough is different, Sumia was one of the beast of my team in my first playthrough, Lissa is the one I can send alone in the second.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";48268156]Just beat hard. Cut it close, didn't know how many people would die when my attack left the final boss with 1 hp.

One of my invincible units has 300+ victories ^_^

edit: so many Battles: 1, Victories: 0, DIED :-([/QUOTE]

I see this game inspired you to modify your username.

My MVP other than the avvy/Tharja was Panne/Lon'Qu with a dominating 300+ kills and not taking any damage in the final mission. Actually, that's better than the Avvy because they had less missions to do that many kills.

I see this game inspired you to modify your username.

It was about time I clarified it.

PK Gaming

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";48268998]My MVP other than the avvy/Tharja was Panne/Lon'Qu with a dominating 300+ kills and not taking any damage in the final mission. Actually, that's better than the Avvy because they had less missions to do that many kills.

It was about time I clarified it.[/QUOTE]

what's the difference...?

Gestahl

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";48262018]How many dancers are in the game?

That was my favorite level in the game, though. Completely different strategy required.[/QUOTE]

It's a shame that chapter has the most braindead AI. They always orient themselves to Tiki and try to get as close to her as possible on their turn so if you just form a wall with your 3 strongest units to the left, right, and below Tiki even guys with tomes and spears will suicide straight into them.

Beat it. Awesome game and the final chapter actually had some tension since I was expecting someone to die a few times. No one ever did though, but it still felt like someone would, so I didn't have to reset at all. For me, that would be unheard of for a final FE chapter, which does still make this game out to be easier than older entries due to some balancing issues and the ridiculous amount of side missions you can do, but that's not a huge complaint.

Possibly my favorite in the series. Now it's time to get all the past characters and play on Lunatic!

NeonZ

Ugh, this has me worried about that.
I really hope NoA aren't gonna be skipping out on those...

Personally, I think the challenge maps and future of despair will certainly make it in eventually, but I'm not sure about the 200 conversation one, considering how they cut the mute avatar to reduce the script, so they might want to avoid a DLC that makes the script much bigger...

(About Future of Despair)
Was it timeline or timelines what with the multiple Morgans for the first two maps?

It's a single alternate timeline.

Soulhouf

I just restarted the game Lunatic/Classic mode and I'm loving it.
I really regret not doing so from the beginning because it feels the game should be played like this. You need to stay on your toes all the time and every mistake is well punished.

The true Fire Emblem starts here!

TWILT

Banned
Anyone in this thread try Lunatic+ yet? lol
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";48269744]How do I listen to music after beating the game? It said there was a track unlocked?

Final clear time: 51 hours O_O
.[/QUOTE]

Go to Extras, then into Unit Gallery. There should be a Soundtrack option there.

15! Level Donny up to 15 for his second Villager skill!

For Tiki's mission I just paired everyone up, surrounded Tiki, and let the Risen impale themselves on us trying to get to Tiki. It worked fairly well. Though most of my pairs were married or close to it.
Oh hmm... that seems like a much simpler strategy than what I did :p I don't know if there are enough units to do that though? Since some of the risen have 2 attack range I would think I need to make the wall be at least 2 spaces out to make sure Tiki can't be attacked? She's really squishy :(

Gestahl

Oh hmm... that seems like a much simpler strategy than what I did :p I don't know if there are enough units to do that though? Since some of the risen have 2 attack range I would think I need to make the wall be at least 2 spaces out to make sure Tiki can't be attacked? She's really squishy :(

Like I said before braindead AI. You only need three capable fighters, everyone else can just be part of the meatwall since they probably won't be attacked as long as the three people killing things are doing their jobs. I was able to beat it on Lunatic with just Chrom, Avatar, and the endgame prepromotes.

johnsmith

remember me
Personally, I think the challenge maps and future of despair will certainly make it in eventually, but I'm not sure about the 200 conversation one, considering how they cut the mute avatar to reduce the script, so they might want to avoid a DLC that makes the script much bigger...

(About Future of Despair)

It's a single alternate timeline.

Mute avatar? You mean every single support conversation is different and with only the other character talking? Holy crap.

I married my Avatar to Sully, because red heads are the best.

That said, I knew I had become WAY too invested in this game when I first saw Kjelle and immediately thought Sully cheated on me with Kellam. :'(

I'm really surprised how popular this game is. I like SRPGs enough that I'm considering getting it. I saw they have a copy in at Gamestop. Should I get it?

I played the demo, and I am just worried there will be too much story and relationship stuff, which I'm really not all that interested in. Still worth it for the gameplay?

Draxal

I'm really surprised how popular this game is. I like SRPGs enough that I'm considering getting it. I saw they have a copy in at Gamestop. Should I get it?

I played the demo, and I am just worried there will be too much story and relationship stuff, which I'm really not all that interested in. Still worth it for the gameplay?

Yes, as the story's not the greatest and skippable (which is a plus for me), and the stories more based on relationships (which is also skippable). The gameplay is a harder question to answer, it's very streamlined and fast in general (also compared to the Gamecube/Wii versions as well) but it doesn't have the variance of gameplay missions/options as most strategy rpgs (or the Gamecube/Wii versions).

Well yeah. I didn't have anyone directly adjacent to Tiki, I had everyone at least two spaces away so absolutely nothing could get at her, and there were enough pairs to protect her completely, though this strategy needed a bit of Avoid and healing items and support blocks to pull off.

Everyone needs to calm down. Nintendo loves money, so there's no reason to doubt that the second season of DLC will come to the US, too.

As others said, NCL released one trailer for the Season 1 DLC in Japan and another for Season 2. They will do the same here.

Why tease/mention season 2 when the first one isn't done?

Yes, as the story's not the greatest and skippable (which is a plus for me), and the stories more based on relationships (which is also skippable). The gameplay is a harder question to answer, it's very streamlined and fast in general (also compared to the Gamecube/Wii versions as well) but it doesn't have the variance of gameplay missions/options as most strategy rpgs (or the Gamecube/Wii versions).

Thanks. The only other issue I am worried about is the sprites. I have a XL and the characters on the field don't really look like they were made for the big screen... They were kind of blurry in the demo. I'm thinking it would look better on the original 3DS.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
This is going back a few pages, but I agree that there's too many people.

If reclassing weren't a thing, or limited to the different promotion paths a la FE8, that'd be one thing, but with how many classes the parents can become, and their kids each get all of those...it's almost too much without playing the more challenging DLC.

Each unit seemed to get a bit more bland until I was just using MU, Chrom, their marriage partners, and the best "life-partnered" kids who could all have Galeforce.

That plus the lack of Defend the throne/hold out for x turns/reach the point/etc... makes for a bit dull replay, esp. since support conversations aren't that different for different dads.

Still a ton of good advancements like the skill handling and Pairing up/Dual support that hopefully make it in some form or another into the next FE, tho. Probably best Fire Emblem Game discounting the GBA Nostalgia and Sprite Factor.

Also, +1 on the opinion that there's no way 2nd season of DLC isn't coming with how successful base sales have presumably been.

Is it worth reclassing people after the intitial reclass? I don't really understand the system even though I'm a kitten's whisker away from finishing the game.

Chrom

Everyone needs to calm down. Nintendo loves money, so there's no reason to doubt that the second season of DLC will come to the US, too.

As others said, NCL released one trailer for the Season 1 DLC in Japan and another for Season 2. They will do the same here.

Why tease/mention season 2 until the first one isn't done?

NCL never released a trailer for the Season 1 DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom