• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Is it worth reclassing people after the intitial reclass? I don't really understand the system even though I'm a kitten's whisker away from finishing the game.

Main reason to reclass is either to reach stat caps or get other class skills. The main ones are the Weapon damage +5 ones, the "hit/avoid+ 50" ones, or combat-affecting skills like Sol, Luna, and Galeforce. There's also all the rally skills if you wanted to make a rally bot, but that's not really necessary until the uber enemies DLC.

If you're over level 10 promoted, you can choose to either reclass into a base class or a promoted class, and keep leveling as usual, albeit slower due to the game remembering your "internal level" after reclassing.

Currently on Chapter 15. I made the right decision to play on hard. Normal would bore the crap out of me. Anybody use bonus characters from previous FEs? I use only Zizark and man he's still as overpowered as before.

Hakkapell

Neo Member
Just got the bundle last few days been playing it and loving it.

Post Chapter 11+ question

My avatar married Sully and I got Lucina. Is there good ways to get my other characters to get relationships up so they get married and have children or is it also chapter based?. I have been pairing them up and doing the support convos but it seems to take forever and Sully and Chrom are the only ones to have children.

My avatar married Sully and I got Lucina. Is there good ways to get my other characters to get relationships up so they get married and have children or is it also chapter based?. I have been pairing them up and doing the support convos but it seems to take forever and Sully and Chrom are the only ones to have children.

Children sidequests appear once you get an S-support. What I like to do is summon Risen to an early map, then just stick the two you want to pair together there by themselves and have them Pair Up to solo the whole map. Since it's an early map you won't get much EXP and grow overleveled from it.

ohlawd

How you get them isn't story related so don't feel pressured about it. It's all based on S rank support.

Best way IMO would be to pair up the units you want and do easy Spotpass battles. It's two battles per support rank so it would take 8 battles to get from C to S.

How many battle interactions do you need to raise a support rank? I know it takes 2 chapters together at least, (seems to be one sometimes in story battles) but I'm not sure what the minimum amount of battles a pair has to go through for it to count.

NCL never released a trailer for the Season 1 DLC.
That's true, but they did have a video about Marth's DLC in a Nintendo Direct, which is close enough, I think.

I'm guessing they were still making the Series 1 maps and thus couldn't show a trailer with multiple maps.

How many battle interactions do you need to raise a support rank? I know it takes 2 chapters together at least, (seems to be one sometimes in story battles) but I'm not sure what the minimum amount of battles a pair has to go through for it to count.

Based off my past support grinding, just by soloing a risen battle, it'll take one to reach C and probably 2 battles for B and another 2 battles for A.

So I've read that
Aversa
is a good parent for the MU's child, is she a character you can actually get or do you have to pay to be able to get her through DLC?

Otherwise, I really don't know who I want to be the mother to the MU's kid, I'm basically down to the women who don't have their own daughters and the child characters

So I've read that
Aversa
is a good parent for the MU's child, is she a character you can actually get or do you have to pay to be able to get her through DLC?

Otherwise, I really don't know who I want to be the mother to the MU's kid, I'm basically down to the women who don't have their own daughters and the child characters

In a future SpotPass Paralogue. Whenever that gets released.

She's good as she can pass down Shadowgift down to your kid.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Question about the streetpass function. What state does your 3ds have to be in for you to transmit your FE data to someone else who has the game? Do you both have to be in-game and in sleep mode? Out of sleep mode?

Or do you just both have to have played FE before and can swap FE data while in sleep mode on the home menu?

In a future SpotPass Paralogue. Whenever that gets released.

She's good as she can pass down Shadowgift down to your kid.

Hmm, I'm not sure how worth it she is Since I made my character +spd and -mag, and also the fact that by the time that SpotPass comes out, I might have no use for Morgan...

ohlawd

Question about the streetpass function. What state does your 3ds have to be in for you to transmit your FE data to someone else who has the game? Do you both have to be in-game and in sleep mode? Out of sleep mode?

Or do you just both have to have played FE before and can swap FE data while in sleep mode on the home menu?

sleep mode with wireless on. That's it.

I'm still early on, after paralogue 2 becomes available. I'm pissed...no matter what I do, I can't seem to get to Anna and that stupid village in time. I replayed it like 4 times now. The only one who can get there quick enough is Sumia, but those archers wipe her out before she gets to do anything. This is so dumb.

I guess I can just do other missions and grind, but the concept of having to grind in a Fire Emblem kind of defeats the purpose for me. If I knew grinding was going to be necessary, I would've just done normal/casual to save myself the aggravation.

I'm still early on, after paralogue 2 becomes available. I'm pissed...no matter what I do, I can't seem to get to Anna and that stupid village in time. I replayed it like 4 times now. The only one who can get there quick enough is Sumia, but those archers wipe her out before she gets to do anything. This is so dumb.

I guess I can just do other missions and grind, but the concept of having to grind in a Fire Emblem kind of defeats the purpose for me. If I knew grinding was going to be necessary, I would've just done normal/casual to save myself the aggravation.

Pair up Sumia with someone not squishy to arrows, keep her out of the archer's range and switch to the other character once you reach Anna.

This is the map where Anna is protecting the village, right? You don't have to keep that Anna alive; the only reward comes from visiting the village.

Pair up Sumia with someone not squishy to arrows, keep her out of the archer's range and switch to the other character once you reach Anna.

Doesn't work. If I switch out to a non-flying unit I lose a turn because of the woods and I won't get to save Anna and the village in time. And regardless of who I pair Sumia with, they'll ultimately die to the mages/axes/archers anyway.

Only way I can see this happening is if I make a bee-line to Anna with Sumia, hope I get INCREDIBLY lucky with RNG, stall as long as I can, and maybe they won't die by the time the rest of the crew catches up.

ohlawd

So if I don't even have FE inserted into the cartridge slot and just keep it in sleep mode in the home menu, it'll still transfer to everyone I streetpass?

yeah it doesn't matter what game you're currently playing in the slot or whatever.

it's all based on the streetpass management settings you have. As long as you have FE:A in there (I think it's 15 different games that can be streetpassed), you're good.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
yeah it doesn't matter what game you're currently playing in the slot or whatever.

it's all based on the streetpass management settings you have. As long as you have FE:A in there (I think it's 15 different games that can be streetpassed), you're good.
Awesome, thanks

Chrom

StreetPass transmissions can occur even without sleep mode, I know from experience.

Up to 12 titles can utilize StreetPass at once.

Grinding Noire to get Lethality is like the best thing ever.

Having her laughing before she kills an enemy and then giggling right after is so satisfying.

StreetPass transmissions can occur even without sleep mode, I know from experience.

Up to 12 titles can utilize StreetPass at once.

wow good to know. Had my first streetpass battle today, kinda felt sorry for the person who got my team (7 out of 10 had galeforce and half had either astra or leathality), didn't lose one person in that fight :3

Also, anyone else know what dlc we're suppose to get this week?

Moonlight

Banned
I got like four StreetPasses in today's commute. All of them were around level 14 or 15 on their first promotion or so. I feel kinda bad for whoever got my StreetPass. Most of my StreetPass team has Galeforce at this point, and at least half of them hitting most of the stat caps for their respective classes.

At ninety hours right now, have yet to hit up chapter 25. Doing a bunch of support grinding now, but I figure I'll finally finish this game by evening.

So, I got Donnel up up level 20 Merc, but I did not get Underdog as a villager, because I had no idea about it. Can I reclass to Villager, grind to 15 then go straight to Hero or would I have to grind Villager, then grind to at least level 15 Merc again?

In other words, any way to go back to Villager then reclass straight to Hero?

ohlawd

So, I got Donnel up up level 20 Merc, but I did not get Underdog as a villager, because I had no idea about it. Can I reclass to Villager, grind to 15 then go straight to Hero or would I have to grind Villager, then grind to at least level 15 Merc again?

In other words, any way to go back to Villager then reclass straight to Hero?

Special classes like Villager, Dancer, Manakete, Taguel, etc must be lvl 30 to reclass into a promoted class like Hero using a Second Seal.

Underdog is a pretty useless skill, mind you.

Moonlight

Banned
Don't bother with Underdog at all, I classed Donnel into Mercenary as soon as possible and lost absolutely nothing out of it. Armsthrift is way more important than Underdog.

Aexact

lunatic is harddd

Ugh, I went from Normal mode to Lunatic mode and the difference is terrifying. I thought I'd just solo everything with Fredrick but he's almost as delicate as a non-Jeigan unit in Normal mode. Nevermind everyone else, they can't contribute at all.

Not to mention I was introduced to reinforcements that move on the turn they arrive in. Few things as terrifying as Wyvern Knights with Silver (!) Lances on a desert stage.

On the plus side, I've discovered the benefits of Pairing Up (didn't use this at all in Normal), building Supports for practicality, using those rare weapons rather then hording them, and those temporary stat boost tonics. I have also discovered the viability of archers and I hate archers. Being pushed to the limit here.

NeonZ

What in the world, why is SpotPass Black Knight a kid?

It's a standard head for a size 2 body. Ike and most former lords, aside from Marth (unique) and Sigurd (size 3), got that type of head too. I don't think he really looks like a kid, not any more than other standard sized characters in the game at least. I think it's mentioned at some point that (Radiant Dawn spoilers)
Zelgius looked surprisingly young, which is why they likely went with size 2 head, rather than 3, which was mostly used for older or ugly characters.

Anteo

Mess.

I thought Nah was calling Tiki a human, you know, some sort of slip because barrack events are so random.

You are no fun!

Haha, but yeah that sentence is weird. I think is time to stop playing the EO demo and get back to the game, I'm 2 chapters away from finishing the game
for the third time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom