• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

zychi

Banned
How do I download the free DLC? I"m early in the game, and when I try and download it off the eshop it loads my game. I am able to do paralogues now. Is there a certain point in the game where I can open a menu and download the dlc?

How do I download the free DLC? I"m early in the game, and when I try and download it off the eshop it loads my game. I am able to do paralogues now. Is there a certain point in the game where I can open a menu and download the dlc?

You need to beat the first four missions before you can access the DLC. A place on the map called the outrealm gate will open up. It's all done in game.

Frolow

Banned

After Chapter 4 a spot on the world-map opens up where you can download the DLC.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
After Chapter 4 I believe the Outrealm is available. I can't recall if the Spotpass DLC is available from the get go.

CSX

Just encounter some guy's team on spotpass. My god, he ONLY trained Avatar lol. Everyone just promoted and Avatar been reclassed twice

Man, do I miss BEXP in this game.

Yeah, chapter 3 is what's killing me now. Frederick's Silver Lance already broke, so I've been trying to get by with pairing up and stuff, but it's been unsuccessful.

I don't even use Frederick. He's a Jeigan.

Their support rank is the most important factor in making a paired up character attack. A pair who are S-Ranked will have a dramatically higher chance to follow up on the other's attacks than a pair where a support simply isn't possible.

I'm assuming it's probably the same for when a character jumps in the protect/defend you from an attack as well.

you can increase the chance of support attacks by a) having a higher level support relationship between your units and b) equipping certain class skills like dual strike+

Am I correct in assuming that there is no swapping skills between characters like there was in Radiant Dawn? Kinda sucks if that's the case, but I can deal with it.

Chrom

Am I correct in assuming that there is no swapping skills between characters like there was in Radiant Dawn? Kinda sucks if that's the case, but I can deal with it.

Can't do that, no. Each character has his or her own collection of skills and may equip up to five at a time, but they can't share them with others.

I'm confused as to how Olivia can ever be Chrom's wife.
Don't let Chrom gain support points with any of his eligible marriage candidates until Chapter 11. (Or marry/kill them off.)

Then in the fight that Olivia joins, have her fight alongside Chrom. (Or just dance with him a bunch.)

During the next story sequence, Chrom will automatically marry the character with the highest support. (Or an NPC if he has no support points with any of his eligible mates.)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Chrom must avoid any contact with with females. Then on the chapter you get Olivia, just pair them up

She just needs to have the highest support level or be the only one not married off. What's confusing about it?

It's not that hard, I think. You can guarantee pairing Olivia with Chrom if every other female other than Lissa is already married by then.

Don't let Chrom gain support points with any of his eligible candidates until Chapter 11. (Or marry/kill them off.)

Then in the fight that Olivia joins, have her fight alongside Chrom. (Or just dance with him a bunch.)

During the next story sequence, Chrom will automatically marry the character with the highest support. (Or an NPC if he has no support points with any of his eligible mates.)

Oh. Didn't realize that there was an internal preferencing system for the wives or that the support still counted even if you don't see the support conversation itself.

Since its the most difficult marriage option, does your kid get anything special for marrying her?

Oh. Didn't realize that there was an internal preferencing system for the wives or that the support still counted even if you don't see the support conversation itself.

Since its the most difficult marriage option, does your kid get anything special for marrying her?
Most people think Olivia is the best match for Chrom from a stat perspective. I think they intentionally set it up this way, considering that the support conversations make reference to how fast their courtship was.

Olivia gives
Lucina
the best stat caps and access to Dark Flier for Galeforce.

I think they intentionally set it up this way, considering that the support conversations make reference to how fast their courtship was.
If that only for Olivia or does anyone getting instantly S ranked get that dialogue?

If that only for Olivia or does anyone getting instantly S ranked get that dialogue?
I'm not sure, I haven't seen any of Chrom's S supports besides that. I think the "love at first sight" thing is probably exclusive to their conversations though, considering that every other potential bride are part of the Shepherds.

Just beat the game. Though there are still paralogues and I could replay to get the characters I missed, I'm just going to send it back to Gamefly so someone else can get a taste of it. If I ever get an itch for it again, I could just buy it or re-rent it. All-in-all it was a very fun and addictive game, and I can't wait to see what they'll do with SMT x FE after this.

By the endgame, Vaike and Mirriel were virtually unstoppable, with the latter just about one-shotting everything with her magic by the end. And since I married my (F) Avatar with Donnel, Morgan turned into a freakin' beast, with virtually every stat over 30 and killing just about everything I threw him at. He was paired with Lucina, who was only a third his level simply because of how powerful he was.

I never did get much use out of the cleric characters, though if I ever play the game again I could make a larger effort to level them up. Maybe make more use of the reeking boxes.

If Nintendo ever got it into their heads to make an anime of this, I'd welcome it with open arms, because of all the fun characters they put in her.

Olivia mothered
Lucina
has better stats and class sets than any other mother beside Female Avatar.

Also a Chrom fathered Inigo is incredibly strong as well.

Got a few questions:

What determines whether or not a character paired up with another character will also attack?

The exact formula for that is (according to Serenes)

[(Attacker Skill + Partner skill) / 4] + X = Activation % where X is dependent on the support level (None = 20, C = 30, B = 40, A = 50, S = 60). Dual Strike+ adds 10 to X as well.

So as an example

Chrom with 25 skill paired with Sumia with 25 skill and no support or dual strike + would be

50 / 4 + 20 = 32.5%

Now if they were s rank support that would be

50 / 4 + 60 = 72.5%

Hope that helps

Busaiku

It's my understanding that the Avatar Logbook is universal and works across all files regardless of difficulty. You can save an Avatar in Normal or Lunatic and you could summon them in the other difficulty if you have the money. Or are we not talking about the same thing? Sorry if I am.

The comic is talking about giving birth to super soldiers for Lunatic, so that's what I'm wondering.

Keslord

Banned
So, I sped through the story and have a last save placed
in the final battle against Grima. I didn't do any of the side missions and I'd like to. Is there anyway to avoid starting a new game and just drop out of the battle to the world map?

Pappasman

in the final battle against Grima. I didn't do any of the side missions and I'd like to. Is there anyway to avoid starting a new game and just drop out of the battle to the world map?

In the prep screen you can choose "Exit" and it will bring you back to the world map.

Javier

Beating the game leaves the the map intact and you can go back and play the Paralogues whenever you want. You can also replay the final chapter as much as you like and rewatch the ending.

The lack of Canto is really horrible for my mounted units. I hope it's one of the skills they learn. It's making Sumia particularly difficult to train without it and BEXP.

Chrom

The comic is talking about giving birth to super soldiers for Lunatic, so that's what I'm wondering.

Oh, true.

I think it only wouldn't make sense if we assume they aren't already on Lunatic and Robin isn't simply speaking of future prospects within that same campaign rather than a different one. I didn't find myself to be confused about that Lunatic remark, actually.

The lack of Canto is really horrible for my mounted units. I hope it's one of the skills they learn. It's making Sumia particularly difficult to train without it and BEXP.

No Canto in this game. Closest thing would be Galeforce, which grants anyone another full action after they defeat an enemy on their turn.

So I am not sure if I should buy this game. How does it rate against Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together?? I LOVED that game and it was the first game I played like it. I played it on the Vita and it was amazing.

Are there more differences than similarities?

What is better in this game?

What is worse?

Trying to decide if I want the game as $39 is quite a bit for a game.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Vaike's critical "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" is probably my favorite soundbit in the game. Props to 8-4 and Nintendo for the great translation and dub.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
"Hand...hungers", "Cool! Blood!" and "Another spotlight stolen..." are ones I enjoy, especially the delivery. And everything Donnel and Gregor say due to the accents.

The main reason I don't totally skip the battle scenes is due to the sound-bites.

So I am not sure if I should buy this game. How does it rate against Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together?? I LOVED that game and it was the first game I played like it. I played it on the Vita and it was amazing.

Are there more differences than similarities?

What is better in this game?

What is worse?

They are similar in that they are grid-based, turn-based tactical RPGs. They are dissimilar in that Fire Emblem is much faster-paced, involves less micro-management of units, and requires no grinding (though it is an option in Awakening).

As for strengths and weaknesses, I'd say that Awakening has the more accessible (not shallow) gameplay and better replay value. LUCT has deeper (though more cumbersome) gameplay and a more engaging story. Both have good soundtracks. Awakening has the advantage of modern presentation.

I think there's a good chance that if you liked LUCT you will like Awakening. And if you already have a 3DS, I highly recommend the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom