• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say unlimited Rescue staves have been extremely helpful in the Paralogues.

Too bad Wrap staves aren't in this game as they would probably just break the Paralogues even further.

Moonlight

Banned
Who should I marry my MU (male) to? Any suggestions as to who has the best / funniest support scenes?
image.php

Anna.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
After using the DLC to get my weaker units caught up, I've begun to grind relationships for same-sex characters who are compatible...really like the Lon'qu and Gregor one I just got revealing Gregor's past. :)

I've only played one main chapter in the last two weeks. :(

It was quite unintuitive to play giving Fredrick almost all the kills for those first 4 chapters, yeah. Enemies come with skills, Steel weapons, higher weapon ranking, most of your characters get doubled for two-digit damage.

The calculated cruelty of throwing an enemy with a Hammer in the midst.

People compare Awakening Lunatic to Hector Hard mode but at least in Hector Hard mode, I had more then one viable unit.

Yeah, I imagine it will get easier once I can grind, but even Fredrick is getting his ass kicked now. I pretty much have to bet on 95% chance attacks from the enemies missing.

Moonlight

Banned
Finally finished the game, Cynthia wound up being my best unit, with Lucina coming in second place. Given Severa's stat and skill spread, I'm somewhat surprised that she wasn't one of my best units, but hey.

Don't have my 3ds on me, but Inigo's hair is a bit more purplish with Virion as his father. All the kids use their mother's hair color for the official art anyway.

Which makes it physically impossible to get all the children to have the same hair color as their official art.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
My Inigo's got Gregor as his father.

Speaking of kids, I think it'd be pretty interesting if the next 3Ds Fire Emblem perhaps could begin in the children's time-line (a different one than the future they come from in Awakening) with Lucina being the main character, and the initial characters being all the kids in this game. Maybe allow you to import your Awakening data so that the kids' parents match up to the ones you had?

My Inigo's got Gregor as his father.

Speaking of kids, I think it'd be pretty interesting if the next 3Ds Fire Emblem perhaps could begin in the children's time-line (a different one than the future they come from in Awakening) with Lucina being the main character, and the initial characters being all the kids in this game. Maybe allow you to import your Awakening data so that the kids' parents match up to the ones you had?

I've been thinking of similar things but I think ultimately I would prefer an entirely new world and set of characters.

I appreciate the change in style from the last two FE's on GC/Wii to this so I think it would be more interesting to see what they could change in the next game.

Which makes it physically impossible to get all the children to have the same hair color as their official art.
Minor spoilers. Might not even be a spoiler.

Kill the mothers or leave them unpaired and then play the Future of Despair DLC.

Granted, those aren't YOUR children, but neither are the ones you recruit anyway.

I've been thinking of similar things but I think ultimately I would prefer an entirely new world and set of characters.

I appreciate the change in style from the last two FE's on GC/Wii to this so I think it would be more interesting to see what they could change in the next game.

Styles tend to stay the same on each platform so the next 3DS FE would look like this one.

How do you change your avatar's class? The only way I know is to level them up to 10 and use an item to reset them to a base class.

There's actually 2 items, the master seal (gold one) will promote, and the Second Class (silver one) will reclass. When you're onto the tier 2 class, you can reclass them back to a base clase at any time, but if you want to reclass to a tier 2 class you have to wait til lvl 10 again

Before they go around announcing another FE 3DS titles I kind of want to see what comes out of SMT X FE. There could be some cool innovate stuff in that game that may carry over well into the next main FE title.

zroid

Banned
Before they go around announcing another FE 3DS titles I kind of want to see what comes out of SMT X FE. There could be some cool innovate stuff in that game that may carry over well into the next main FE title.

all I want out of that is FE set in present day ._.

Atlus can make the enemies all demons if they want

So I'm finally at the point that the children are showing up.

So I'm at a chapter, and I've got 3-4 enemies left. Lissa gets a bit too close and gets offed. On the chapter she meets her son.... next to her husband. Lon'qu, you had *ONE* job!

Gawddamn... that's some unintended poetry there.

Draxal

I don't think that SMT x FE game is going to be made by Int Systems (more likely Atlus is going to be the developer), and with the sales for this game in Japan/America (i'm guessing here that it's selling well from all the outage reports), they're going to produce another one soon.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I don't think that SMT x FE game is going to be made by Int Systems, and with the sales for this game in Japan/America (i'm guessing here that it's selling well from all the outage reports), they're going to produce another one soon.
SMT X FE is being co-developed by Atlus and Intelligent Systems. We don't know which side is the "main" developer but with SMT getting top billing I'd guess Atlus.

Draxal

SMT X FE is being co-developed by Atlus and Intelligent Systems. Which side is doing the main development, who knows.

It's most likely going to be Atlus, pretty much all these nintendo/third party collabs have the third party as the main developer with some oversight from Nintendo.

Aexact

Well, Fire Emblem games seem to come in pairs so wouldn't be too odd for the next one to have the same world.

Just give me a playable Ike and Lyn and I will preorder that SMT x FE game ASAP.

Also I'm kinda surprised how good Say'ri is turning out to be. A fine set of classes, available skills, and for me some really good growth rates. It's such a shame she doesn't have her own child or have more supports with everyone else besides Avatar and Tiki.

Moonlight

Banned
Just give me a playable Ike and Lyn and I will preorder that SMT x FE game ASAP.

Also I'm kinda surprised how good Say'ri is turning out to be. A fine set of classes, available skills, and for me some really good growth rates. It's such a shame she doesn't have her own child or have more supports with everyone else besides Avatar and Tiki.
I wish Say'ri had more supports in general. She probably has one of my favourite designs in the game, and it sucked having nothing to do with her after finishing the two supports she did have.

Really, all the late-game recruits seem to get pretty shafted in terms of supports, which is a shame. I'd buy DLC that just added a bunch of new support conversations.

Rarutos

I wish Say'ri had more supports in general. She probably has one of my favourite designs in the game, and it sucked having nothing to do with her after finishing the two supports she did have.

Really, all the late-game recruits seem to get pretty shafted in terms of supports, which is a shame. I'd buy DLC that just added a bunch of new support conversations.

Yeah I agree, it's rather depressing they don't have a lot of supports. You'd think
Flavia and Basilio
would be able to support Chrom at least. :(

You're kind of in luck.

One of the last DLC episodes has a bunch of extra conversations for the latecomers. Not a lot, but better than nothing!

(Spoilers for late recruits)

(Every pair gets two convos)

Anna x Say'ri
Anna x Flavia
Tiki x Flavia
Tiki x Aversa
Say'ri x Yen'fay
Basilio x Walhart
Gangrel x Emmeryn
Gangrel x Aversa
Walhart x Priam
Emmeryn x Lissa
Emmeryn x Chrom
Yen'fay x Priam

God damn. This game is just a bit too easy on Normal, but Hard is fucking hard. It takes me at least three attempts to beat chapters without any casualties.

So who wants to join my Gregor fan club? Seriously though, he's got to be one of my all time favorites. Gotta love that accent! His lines are great and he's a monster on the battle field. Nothing hits him. Who vants more Grrregor?

mercviper

God damn. This game is just a bit too easy on Normal, but Hard is fucking hard. It takes me at least three attempts to beat chapters without any casualties.

You should see Lunatic. Maybe I'm an outlier or just plain stubborn, but I'm on chapter 18 with an activity log of ~85 hours and no grinding. I've done the CoY DLC once but since it was only once I haven't considered it grinding :x.

My biggest problem is I keep trying to spread out xp to some of my scrub characters and then they die because I didn't protect them well enough. Right now my MU is the biggest and baddest of the bunch but she's capping out on stats so I'm trying not to give her any XP if I can help it. After about 20 tries of her soloing the smaller forces and failing to have the main army tank the brunt of the map or dying to reinforcements. I should probably promote a few more of my base classes since they're sitting at level 18-19 but something inside me just tells me that it's wrong to do so before they hit 20.

I've only attempted ch.17 twice and it's really killing me that I sold my chest keys earlier because I don't have a good lockpicker atm. Anna is my best one and she's got shit for defensive stats. At the same time, even if I run MU down to solo the map and grab the chests I don't think I can make it to all 4 in time. At least not without taking out the entire map in the process leaving no xp for everyone else. Since I only have 1 key, what's the best one to open on that map? (aka where is the Bullion (L)?)

njean777

okay maybe I am missing something, but I am getting these extra battles where the characters are lvl 10-13 and I am only lvl 4-6. Is there any place I can grind or do I jsut do the story to grind?

Cheska

Is there a certain level you should be at before attempting the children paralogues? I just tried Cynthia's and I totally got smashed in just two rounds. I'm only on Chapter 14 since I've been grinding in the DLC to get supports.

...Did you get your name changed or are you new? I recognize your avatar but not your name...

Is there a certain level you should be at before attempting the children paralogues? I just tried Cynthia's and I totally got smashed in just two rounds. I'm only on Chapter 14 since I've been grinding in the DLC to get supports.

Never pay attention to unit levels, but do pay attention to total stat counts. You want at least 1-2 units to have over 200 in combined stats before attempting most of the paralogues.

Never pay attention to unit levels, but do pay attention to total stat counts. You want at least 1-2 units to have over 200 in combined stats before attempting most of the paralogues.

Naw. I do fine with units around 140-150. I did Cynthia's with even less, but I guess I got lucky there because the boss chickened out and ran away to end the chapter early.

Nothing is more frustrating then when you think you're making the final push to finish a level when WHAM reinforcements from EVERYWHERE -.- time to restart

Aeana

I finally finished DQ7 3DS, so I've finally started this up. 6 minutes in and I already want to jump into the screen after Chrom. That voice. My avatar can romance him or whatever, right?

Nothing is more frustrating then when you think you're making the final push to finish a level when WHAM reinforcements from EVERYWHERE -.- time to restart

I don't get this. Reinforcements are pretty easy to predict. They usually appear at the edge of the map, on stairs, or forts. I have never had trouble predicting where they'll show up during my first run.

Mr. Fix

I finally finished DQ7 3DS, so I've finally started this up. 6 minutes in and I already want to jump into the screen after Chrom. That voice. My avatar can romance him or whatever, right?

The FeMU, yeah.

I don't get this. Reinforcements are pretty easy to predict. They usually appear at the edge of the map, on stairs, or forts. I have never had trouble predicting where they'll show up during my first run.

There are some unpredictable cases, especially since those almost always involve fliers.

Yeah if you have a female MU, Chrom X FEMU is one of the best marriages in the game, gives Chrom's child access to every class and FEMU's child access to Rightful King. Pretty much make a box of family death.

Knowing where they will spawn is only half a battle, the other half is exactly what is going to spawn and what they're going to be equipped with. If all the enemies on the map were single range fighters and all of the sudden 4 fliers with 1-2 range weapons appear my healer could go from being perfectly safe behind the line to instantly ganked resulting in a restart.

Draxal

Yes if you have a female main unit (he's by far the best candidate available for a female character), and are you playing with the Japanese voice (Gintoki from Gintama) or the english one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom