• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

hao chi

If Nintendo ever got it into their heads to make an anime of this, I'd welcome it with open arms, because of all the fun characters they put in her.

I want this now. I would totally watch a Fire Emblem anime.

Is it fair to assume that Chrom and Lucina will be on Smash 4? With the popularity of this game, maybe a third character can get in.

Lucina is the my most wanted character for Smash 4. I doubt she'll get in though, since if they give Fire Emblem another character they'll probably just go with Chrom since he's the obvious choice.

Isn't Ike's whole thing that he's absurdly strong? It really wouldn't make sense to replace him with Chrom or Lucina who are more all around characters.

Severa can promote into Dark Knight with or without Henry, don't worry about it.

And yes, Lifetaker and Galeforce is god-tier.

Would it be good to have that skill as soon as possible and make the grinding process shorten? I kinda not sure the high Skill and Speed attribute from Lon'qu could make a better Severa especially in Lunatic >.<

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I want this now. I would totally watch a Fire Emblem anime.

Lucina is the my most wanted character for Smash 4. I doubt she'll get in though, since if they give Fire Emblem another character they'll probably just go with Chrom since he's the obvious choice.

I actually think Lucina in Smash is a given, considering that the game needs female characters and she was one of the protagonists in Awakening.

My favorite soundbite is Cynthia's little sing-song after she wins a battle.

Even though the line isn't particularly deep or clever, I also like when Lucina says, "Hope will never die!" because in my head, I'm thinking to myself, "No, Lucina. You will never die," as she triggers yet another Aether, her 18th in a row.

So yeah, Lucina for Smash please.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I remember Lucina was about to die for me once when she had around 10 HP. She said "I challenge my fate!" and activated Aether. It was beautiful ;_;

My favorite soundbite is Cynthia's little sing-song after she wins a battle.

Even though the line isn't particularly deep or clever, I also like when Lucina says, "Hope will never die!" because in my head, I'm thinking to myself, "No, Lucina. You will never die," as she triggers yet another Aether, her 18th in a row.

So yeah, Lucina for Smash please.

As an alt for Marth, right?

Speaking of Marth, how many classes can he change into?

I think Chrom is basically a lock to replace Ike.

I wonder if Marth will be replaced as the legacy character and they just put in Lucina or if maybe they just make Lucina a Marth clone if they have her at all.

Mr. Fix

I think Chrom is basically a lock to replace Ike.

I wonder if Marth will be replaced as the legacy character and they just put in Lucina or if maybe they just make Lucina a Marth clone if they have her at all.

If this were handled similarly to All-Stars, they probably would replace Marth with Lucina. I don't see it happening though. They know the roots.

Roto13

I don't think Chrom is going to replace Ike because I just can't seem them playing the same way. I don't think Lucina will replace Marth because that's crazy. Come on. That would be like replacing Captain Falcon with one of the characters from that F-Zero GBA game.

It's totally possible the next Smash Bros. will just have a third Fire Emblem character, though, and that would probably either be Chrom or Lucina.

Lucina at less than 10 HP -> Aether -> Critical Aether -> Throw 3DS through ceiling in fit of joy

That totally happened to me. Except she said "Hope will never die"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't think Chrom is going to replace Ike because I just can't seem them playing the same way. I don't think Lucina will replace Marth because that's crazy. Come on. That would be like replacing Captain Falcon with one of the characters from that F-Zero GBA game.

It's totally possible the next Smash Bros. will just have a third Fire Emblem character, though, and that would probably either be Chrom or Lucina.

What if it's Tharja?

Why not have them both fight together? Isn't the Pair Up system new to this game? It would be more interesting that way.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Chapter 25 is challenging. I've died twice already; the first time Robin was killed by a critical hit and the next one Chrom perished after being defended by Lucina like 5 times.

Prax

I hope that put in Robin/Avatar for smash! A sword+magic user! And the reskins/recolours can be male/female swaps.
Lucina can be a Marth reskin/recolour if they don't want to officially add a third FE character.

Haha.. the idea of a paired up unit would be great too. It'd almost be like Ice Climbers.

Turok_TTZ

replace or get rid of marth, the king of kings? madness! marth should be in every smash game by default. also, smash could use more FE reps. replace ike with chrom, and add lucina or tharja. preferably tharja. as for smash dlc, donny because why not? or gregor. gregor final smash would be none other than his perfect one liner: "GREGOR SMASH!!" gregor > you.

or maybe i should go to bed....

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's going to be difficult to decide who is going to get who.

Hell, I am having a hard time trying to decide who is going to be paired with the avatar.

Damn, can't wait for tomorrow *sigh*

PK Gaming

tumblr_miuv37N2971rql8cco1_500.jpg

Let's get it Morgan, you can do it ;)

Solune

Screw Smash, they should just make a game with just FE characters fighting.

Aww I love Smash but this would be a pretty awesome idea haha.

I think the only way we'd see something like a FG for FE would be via a collab with Scamco or Kappacom. Sengoku Basara x Fire Emblem

Turok_TTZ

Virion. the archest of archers, dance teacher, fortune teller, tactician, a gentleman and a scholar. is there nothing this noble rogue cannot do? i enjoy all convo with him involved. Virion, away!

Virion. the archest of archers, dance teacher, fortune teller, tactician, a gentleman and a scholar. is there nothing this noble rogue cannot do? i enjoy all convo with him involved. Virion, away!
How about not being a coward and running away from his country as it's being destroyed just to save his own scrawny ass.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So I'm still building all the supports and I cringe whenever I have to view a Tharja support; I know something is wrong with me.

This game is starting to get hard, I'm on Paralogue 8 after getting my ass kicked on a later one and I have no idea what I'm doing! It's good fun though, just hard as hell.

How about not being a coward and running away from his country as it's being destroyed just to save his own scrawny ass.

Not like Virion had much of a choice.

Spoilers:
Between being a lapdog for Walhart's empire, joining an opportunistic band of "rebels", or dying. Hmm. I wonder which one he would choose? Keep in mind his own strategies tend to get lots of people killed.

Not like Virion had much of a choice.

Spoilers:
Between being a lapdog for Walhart's empire, joining an opportunistic band of "rebels", or dying. Hmm. I wonder which one he would choose? Keep in mind his own strategies tend to get lots of people killed.
I don't really take issue with him retreating. It's more of an issue with him retreating
alone and leaving Cherche and the rest of his people.

Don't get me wrong, I like that Virion is pretty flawed despite his talents.

Macka

Damn, I really want to play this!

I ordered the game almost a month ago from Play-Asia, and while it was listed as available when I made the order, the status changed to 'backordered' the very next day. It's been like that ever since :(

NeonZ

I actually think Lucina in Smash is a given, considering that the game needs female characters and she was one of the protagonists in Awakening.

I think Brawl showed pretty clearly that Sakurai was in no hurry to add female characters just because there weren't many in Smash, especially when you consider how he only added representation for Path of Radiance, rather than Radiant Dawn.

I am guessing this is going to be a fighting game.

The only known information about SMT x FE at this point is that it's some kind of "RPG", due to an update on the Index site.

God, I love Frederick so much. Once you can start reclassing him after the initial march to lvl. 15 in Great Knight, you can make him practically invincible.

Plus, he's hot.

Soulhouf

Replaying the game in Lunatic mode made me enjoy the game much more than I did in hard mode.
Also the game shines way more in the 1st 4 chapters because you are so limited and you have to work your ass to go past the enemies.
Now I fear that shine will fade away past chapter 4. I really wish the entire game was gauged like in the 1st chapters :(

Replaying the game in Lunatic mode made me enjoy the game much more than I did in hard mode.
Also the game shines way more in the 1st 4 chapters because you are so limited and you have to work your ass to go past the enemies.
Now I fear that shine will fade away past chapter 4. I really wish the entire game was gauged like in the 1st chapters :(
Thankfully the entire game doesn't remain focused on maximizing the only viable character you have. That's fine for a few battles, but I wouldn't call it good design.

Soulhouf

Thankfully the entire game doesn't remain focused on maximizing the only viable character you have. That's fine for a few battles, but I wouldn't call it good design.

It's true Frederick is my tank but I exploited the other units as well so far and my MU and Chrom can handle things now.
I reset like 30 times in the first 4 chapters but it's good because every decision you make is important and makes you think before every move.

Soulhouf

What is? Fire Emblem and Ogre Battle? They are, but they're still SRPG's and I enjoy these two series the most. But I particularly prefer the Ogre Battle style of gameplay over Tactics Ogre when it comes to the Ogre series.

But Ogre Battle doesn't have a grid based maps unlike Fire Emblem or Tactics Ogre.

Frosteey

Neo Member
From my understanding base classes get better stat increases and gain more experience. Maybe I've misunderstood.

It doesn't actually improve your chance to get stats, you'll just get them faster because of the faster experience.

Most characters will probably start capping 1-3 stats in their second base class so doing another after that is overkill. Unless you are just immediately jumping at level 10, but second seal availability kind of limits the appeal of doing that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom