• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

No longer happy about being Canadian. My copy should have arrived today if not for the WORST WEATHER EVER. Seriously, my entire city is shut down right now. A city that doesn't bat an eye at -30 celisus or 20cm of snow.

Oh well. I'll probably still get it by Friday.

Takuan

Yeah, thats what Ive heard. Plus Wal Mart and Target here have the MK7 bundle for $190 so Id get an extra game.

Hows the 3D on FE Awakening?

The 3D is serviceable during real-time cutscenes & combat animations, but it's pretty nice in CG cutscenes. I also really like the subtle effect it has on the battle map; it makes the sprites pop out a bit more.

No longer happy about being Canadian. My copy should have arrived today if not for the WORST WEATHER EVER. Seriously, my entire city is shut down right now. A city that doesn't bat an eye at -30 celisus or 20cm of snow.

Oh well. I'll probably still get it by Friday.
Lol high of 14C in Toronto today

Midou

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but I quit with pushing the home button and re-launching the game, but it always seems to mess up my language choice, if I go to extras and choose 'change language' it asks me if I want to change it to English(i.e I set it to Japanese, and it is correctly set to Japanese), but restarting the game seems to make the event voices English but the cutscenes stay in Japanese. I can fix it by going to extras and going English then Japanese, but doing it everytime I reload is tedious and I've already forgotten a few times. Is there a shortcut key or something to restart the game in a better way?

Apparently the street date is back on. People have called stores in Canada and they said they aren't allowed to sell it anymore.

I remember EBGames.ca had the game listed as released with no preorder option, but now its back to having its release day as 2/4.

Glad I was able to pick up my pre-order early. I'm not surprised though. Not really fair to the rest the other who have to wait for the release date..

bryehn

I'm sure someone has noted that the street date was not lifted and any store selling copies is in violation of those terms.

I was turned away, but a young man that pre-ordered was sold a copy. Whether he pre-ordered or not, they broke the date.

I'm pissed and have a lot of free time, so I will be contacting the legal departments of both Nintendo of Canada and EB Games Canada. I hope every copy sold nets them a fine and whoever told the social media kid to post the "release" gets sacked.

Javier

About the marriage system, can any character marry any other character of the opposite gender? Because that could have some incestuous ramifications...
There are limitations, as some characters like Chrom and Sumia have limited choices and a few others can only marry the Avatar. The Avatar, however, can marry anyone provided it's the opposite gender.

Between these guys

Frederick, Virion, Stahl, Vaike, Kellam, Lon'qu, Ricken, Gaius, Donnell, Gregor, Libra, Henry

and these girls

Lissa, Sully, Miriel, Maribelle, Panne, Cordelia, Nowi, Tharja, Olivia, Cherche

you can make any pairing. Each with their own unique conversations. Go wild.

Midou

I'm pissed and have a lot of free time, so I will be contacting the legal departments of both Nintendo of Canada and EB Games Canada. I hope every copy sold nets them a fine and whoever told the social media kid to post the "release" gets sacked.

I'm sure this has happened before. I don't really see it as being such a huge issue. It was probably a mistake somewhere in the system or an outdated piece of information.

Takuan

I'm sure someone has noted that the street date was not lifted and any store selling copies is in violation of those terms.

I was turned away, but a young man that pre-ordered was sold a copy. Whether he pre-ordered or not, they broke the date.

You might have been turned away because they only had enough copies to fulfill pre-orders.
Nope, they had boxes, The girl said that she wouldn't sell it to me because she'd be breaking street date. They even had 5 cases on the shelves!
Ok, nevermind then. That's pretty dumb, but it sounds like a complete waste of time and energy contacting each respective legal department to complain. It'll probably only result in more frustration on your part, as I can't imagine them taking you seriously at all.

bryehn

I'm sure this has happened before. I don't really see it as being such a huge issue. It was probably a mistake somewhere in the system or an outdated piece of information.

Regardless, I'm still doing it. I want EB to acknowledge they done f'd up.

See you guys in a few days when I get my eShop copy.

You might have been turned away because they only had enough copies to fulfill pre-orders.

Nope, they had boxes, The girl said that she wouldn't sell it to me because she'd be breaking street date. They even had 5 cases on the shelves!

Esura

Banned
There are limitations, as some characters like Chrom and Sumia have limited choices and a few others can only marry the Avatar. The Avatar, however, can marry anyone provided it's the opposite gender.

Between these guys

Frederick, Virion, Stahl, Vaike, Kellam, Lon'qu, Ricken, Gaius, Donnell, Gregor, Libra, Henry

and these girls

So who can Chrom marry?

Its kind of a relief that marriage choices is limited for non Avatar characters, would be one less thing to worry 'bout.

Is it just me or does everyone feel super weak on their own compared to other games? I mean I guess it's to encourage you to pair units up but every one's taking a lot of heat right now. Doing that side quest chapter with the farmer kid.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Is it just me or does everyone feel super weak on their own compared to other games? I mean I guess it's to encourage you to pair units up but every one's taking a lot of heat right now. Doing that side quest chapter with the farmer kid.

AI seems smarter for the most part. Early on, I couldn't use a weaponless Freddrick to lure attacks away from armed, but defensively weak characters. AI always seems to go for the kill when they can. This is on Hard, mind you.

Definitely don't feel super weak though. Some characters can still hold a choke point pretty well for a few turns, but having someone with them to buff their stats is very helpful. I've never been one to send a single unit into a huge group of enemies and pray for success, so this game fits my usual play style.

Between these guys

and these girls

Thanks. I'm loving the additional depth this game has overall. I think I'll stay away from Lunatic mode though, I don't want to lose characters every turn...

AI seems smarter for the most part. Early on, I couldn't use a weaponless Freddrick to lure attacks away from armed, but defensively weak characters. AI always seems to go for the kill when they can. This is on Hard, mind you.

Definitely don't feel super weak though. Some characters can still hold a choke point pretty well for a few turns, but having someone with them to buff their stats is very helpful.
Yeah, I guess it is the AI, they're more relentless. They see someone with low HP, they home in on them real quick. Playing on Hard as well.

Also did they remove trees/forests boosting evasion? Is it just a cosmetic thing on the map? Feels like Sephiroth and mage girl are always stuck paired up because I can't leave them out in the open.

ohlawd

About how long is this game?

says right in the OP

How long is the game?

For now, I can't speak from personal experience, as I haven't played the game, but judging from other FE's and impressions on the Japanese version of this game, expect at least 15-20 hours. A lot more if you include the side chapters and DLC. If you're into it, multiple playthroughs can result in different pairings for different support conversations and children with different stats.

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but I quit with pushing the home button and re-launching the game, but it always seems to mess up my language choice, if I go to extras and choose 'change language' it asks me if I want to change it to English(i.e I set it to Japanese, and it is correctly set to Japanese), but restarting the game seems to make the event voices English but the cutscenes stay in Japanese. I can fix it by going to extras and going English then Japanese, but doing it everytime I reload is tedious and I've already forgotten a few times. Is there a shortcut key or something to restart the game in a better way?

Voices changing when you fully quit/restart the game? Hope that gets patched out.

Anyways, L + R + Start.

So who can Chrom marry?
Sumia, Maribelle, Sully, Olivia, and Female Avatar

You forgot the best one: Random village girl ;_;

ohlawd

Are any of those his sister?

lmao.... I wish.

Anyway status report.
I got close to 10 hours now. Playtime is like 9:30 but factoring in resets... yep.
Playing on Normal (laugh it guys >_>) just to get a feel for things. Classic because I can.

Chrom already has a waifu. Avatar is close to waifu'ing Tharja (isn't she the default? She's so moe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom