• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I edited that post a bit but yes, that's all there is to it.

From the wireless menu even when the Internet is off?

I see.

This is fantastic news for me since I am the kind of bloke who likes to explore ALL possibilities and use ALL characters, so venues where I can endlessly grind for relationship values/levels if I want to are a huge boon for me :)

AniHawk

beat it last night.

it really doesn't have a very good story. it's kinda like shadow dragon where a bunch of stuff happens, but that's okay because there's a main game that rocks.

i loved the chapters and paralogues, and i really appreciated how much effort was put into building relationships, between mother, father, child, and dialogue between avatar and some story characters depending on gender and your choices. it carried a lot of weight when it needed to, and it felt satisfying in the credits.

were the credit epilogues of each character the same if you paired different people up? it seemed that way, but some of them felt unique to that pairing.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
beat it last night.

it really doesn't have a very good story. it's kinda like shadow dragon where a bunch of stuff happens, but that's okay because there's a main game that rocks.

i loved the chapters and paralogues, and i really appreciated how much effort was put into building relationships, between mother, father, child, and dialogue between avatar and some story characters depending on gender and your choices. it carried a lot of weight when it needed to, and it felt satisfying in the credits.

were the credit epilogues of each character the same if you paired different people up? it seemed that way, but some of them felt unique to that pairing.

Yeah, that is a nice touch that really makes Fire Emblem Awakening so great.

Javier

Ohhhh....???

Supposed I beat team A in battle A. If I want to fight team A in battle A again--respawning the battle strictly for the purpose of gathering relationship points and/or levels--I can do it with my 3DS Internet off....?
Yes. Once downloaded it stays there and you can re-summon the SpotPass teams as much as you like.

There's an option in the Extras menu that says "Wipe All Data". I don't know if this deletes SpotPass as well, but I wouldn't risk it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
beat it last night.

Say, if you don't mind, can you check something? Start a new game from the beginning, and see whether the bonus maps that you have downloaded and used in your 1st walkthrough can still be used again in a new playthrough.

Yes. Once downloaded it stays there and you can re-summon the SpotPass teams as much as you like.

There's an option in the Extras menu that says "Wipe All Data". I don't know if this deletes SpotPass as well, but I wouldn't risk it.

Fantastic, thank you very much for the confirmation.

Say, if you don't mind, can you check something? Start a new game from the beginning, and see whether the bonus maps that you have downloaded and used in your 1st walkthrough can still be used again in a new playthrough.

If they've already been downloaded, you just need to go to the wireless menu and reactivate them.

Hcoregamer00

Out of curiosity, what happens after you beat the game?

Is there a rich number of post game content/unlockables and is there a new game+?

It would be pretty sad if the post-game content is poor when the original RPG is so amazingly well-done.

Is there a rich number of post game content/unlockables and is there a new game+?

It would be pretty sad if the post-game content is poor when the original RPG is so amazingly well-done.

There are two spotpass missions that have been unlocked that you can play late game, but nothing new happens when you beat it. There's no new game+, but you can bring over your renown and renown awards to a new game.

Okamid3n

There's no real post-content, you can do everything there is to do before beating the last chapter. They do send out a bunch of new paralogues (on new maps) through spotpass that can only be accessed when you're at the last chapter, though.

There's no new game +, all you get to keep is your renown and your avatar logbook.

EDIT : Oops, too slow.

Hcoregamer00

There are two spotpass missions that have been unlocked that you can play late game, but nothing new happens when you beat it. There's no new game+, but you can bring over your renown and renown awards to a new game.

There's no real post-content, you can do everything there is to do before beating the last chapter. They do send out a bunch of new paralogues (on new maps) through spotpass that can only be accessed when you're at the last chapter, though.

There's no new game +, all you get to keep is your renown and your avatar logbook.

Dang, looks like my decision to take the game slow and enjoy powering my characters is a good idea since the post-game content is barren :(

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
If they've already been downloaded, you just need to go to the wireless menu and reactivate them.

This is great news, thank you very much :)

Now by respawning bonus teams I can grind to my heart's content <3 (gotta try supports with LOTS and LOTS of character variation!)

Wait, but do the game keep track on which supports that have been unlocked and keep them for future repeated viewings? Like a Supports viewer utility (like in Fire Emblem 7/8/12)?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Support viewer is unlocked after beating the game once.

*Wipes sweat*

Fantastic. I will be very bummed if they do not include it.

Anyways, sorry for the so many questions, folks! I am just terribly giddy by to the fact that I have a playable FE: Awakenings on my hands right now. It's my primary reason for buying the system, and I once was terribly anxious and nervous whether NoA will translate this game or not... thankfully all of that bad memories can be left behind now :)))

NeonZ

There are some formulas, like most of Donnel's endings being about Donnel taking his wife to his family's village, and then each wife does something different there, but there are some specific pairings that result in completely different endings.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There are some formulas, like most of Donnel's endings being about Donnel taking his wife to his family's village, and then each wife does something different there, but there are some specific pairings that result in completely different endings.

Kellam for example disappears from the pages of history and the thing is all about his wife.

ohlawd

*Wipes sweat*

Fantastic. I will be very bummed if they do not include it.

just a tip.
if you're not happy with a pairing with your MU or another unit but still want to save it for viewing purposes in the Support Log, just save on a different file and not on your main one.

It's how I managed to get most of the S rank supports for my MU and still keep him single so to speak.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
just a tip.
if you're not happy with a pairing with your MU or another unit but still want to save it for viewing purposes in the Support Log, just save on a different file and not on your main one.

It's how I managed to get most of the S rank supports for my MU and still keep him single so to speak.

Ahh, the same trick with Fire Emblem 7 I see.

Hmm, I don't know if I'll do that though: support conversations can lend a huge value to replayability. I think once I finished pairing everyone (and I do mean EVERYONE, which is why that bonus teams/maps helps so much) with someone I think I am just gonna stick with it.

Save something for the next playthrough, which I am sure there will be multiple of it! Hahaha.

massoluk

Banned
Should I be forging weapons all along the way, or should I save that process for endgame weapons?

Never really did forge a whole lot. I only forged the weapons for characters that have Armsthrift and high luck (Super totally uber Leif's Blade + Donnel = profit). I did fine through the game.

Boney

Banned
So uh, anyone have any tips for saving Anna in paralogue 2 lunatic?

Rescue staff doesn't have a good enough range to do it fast enough.. although I did only tried once and got hit by like an 18% silver axe so that shouldn't normally happens

if that anna dies you don't get the other one right?

Javier

Paralogue 16:

Nowi: All right, I've told you my name. Now tell me yours.
Nah: Nah.
Nowi: Oh, come on, why not!?

Hahaha I died.

Bullza2o

Sorry if I didn't understand the question correctly, but you can reset the game and go back to the title screen at any point by doing L+R+Start.

Oh ok I never knew about this, thanks! I used to go back to the 3DS menu every time I had to start over, and it was kind of a hassle.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Brilliant. Did the NoA Treehouse localize this?

Pretty sure it was 8-4.

Question. So boots. Popular opinion seems to be to give it to MU/Morgan. I was thinking of actually giving it to me General Kjelle. Shes an absolute beast brought down only by her lack of movement. Should I give it to her or just go ahead and give it to MU?

PBalfredo

Does Boots stack with characters that have the Carrier skill? Cause if so, I'm gonna make a character that has all the movement range!

ohlawd

Pretty sure it was 8-4.

Question. So boots. Popular opinion seems to be to give it to MU/Morgan. I was thinking of actually giving it to me General Kjelle. Shes an absolute beast brought down only by her lack of movement. Should I give it to her or just go ahead and give it to MU?

I gave my pair to Olivia while she was a Dancer.

I love Dancers.

Yep.

Love them. Love them to death.

Some of these character designs are kind of questionable. Like nearly all of the female character designs.

L_olivia.jpg

I like Olivia's design.

I actually enjoy most of the designs in this game. Many that I wasn't too keen on at first have really grown on me.

On my second playthrough. Got a bunch of characters promoted twice, but almost everyone at least once. Paralogues 5-17 are untouched as of now, and Chapter 20 is unlocked. Going to work on my characters to get the best skills and stats for the Children.

Anteo

Can someone explain why frederick is so damn weak all of a sudden? I'm at chapter 16.

Because he was weak all along! You should have noticed by now that he actually started as a Promoted unit, and a weak one with really low stats.

Because he was weak all along! You should have noticed by now that he actually started as a Promoted unit, and a weak one with really low stats.

Yeah, that's a situation I've also ran into, but I plan to work on buffing him up. Eventually, I will turn him into a Paladin for the Skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom