• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
I am also wondering how to level up Lissa and Olivia. Other than dancing/healing.

Olivia can equip a sword. But you can level her up really quickly by abusing dancing, if you can establish the right scenario. For Lissa... heal a lot. Till you promote her and she'll be able to attack as well.

Okamid3n

I am also wondering how to level up Lissa and Olivia. Other than dancing/healing.

Rescue-staff spamming is fun, they sell those staves in one of the shops (I wanna say around chapter 8-10's shops). I used them so much in harder difficulties that Lissa was one of my highest-level units. It gives 40 exp per rescue, instead of 17/22 for heal/mend and you can use it anytime.

Depends on how much gold you have though, I guess.

Cheska

Some of these character designs are kind of questionable. Like nearly all of the female character designs.

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about Olivia's design?

EDIT: Nevermind, that's what I get for leaving the page open for too long before hitting submit lol

massoluk

Banned
I dont know, some of it seems overly sexualized, more so than past games.

I kinda agree. Although their designs are stylish, Fire Emblem series always have a little bit air of practicality when it comes to female armor design. Awakening broke that trend a bit.
Titania.jpeg

Ike literally throwing Ragnell at me is probably the saddest thing I've witness in this game.

Was it really that hard to animate his sword beam attack?

PBalfredo

I kinda agree. Although their designs are stylish, Fire Emblem series always have a little bit air of practicality when it comes to female armor design. Awakening broke that trend a bit.

While I agree that Awakening crapped up Fire Emblem's armor design (in all respects. Toilet helm cavaliers. Linebacker knights. Boob armor peg knights w/garter belts. That busy mess for Wyvern Knights, etc), let's not forget that past Fire Emblems are no stranger to a little TnA

lrydtVd.jpg

massoluk

Banned
While I agree that Awakening crapped up Fire Emblem's armor design (in all respects. Toilet helm cavaliers. Linebacker knights. Boob armor peg knights w/garter belts. That busy mess for Wyvern Knights, etc), let's not forget that past Fire Emblems are no stranger to a little TnA

Well, she's not a class that wears armor.

Hakkapell

Neo Member
On my second play through, it was a pain in the ass but my god it is true. Donnel is a beast. All that grinding was a pain but holy jesus he wrecks teams like nothing. I've had him by himself facing teams of Ashnard, Titania, Seth, Ephraim, and so forth against most of the bonus spotpass teams which he wrecked them all by himself.

The spotpass bonus teams are a godsend for grinding and testing out new classes and leveling up characters I didn't level up on my first playthrough.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The male voices selection...

They were all too deep, too baritone. Making me picking up Male Build 2 pretty much an impossibility (and even male build 1 is a bit iffy though that's the one I finally chose.)

And the 2nd voice sound so similar to Chrom.

Hell, check out Lyndis in FE7. God only knows how she can be comfortable wearing that kind of extremely high-cut dress while zipping around fighting people.

TWILT

Banned

While I kinda agree, I don't think it's that bad. And to be fair, I think her in game portrait is much better and less sexualized (still hints of it here and there though.)

Ike literally throwing Ragnell at me is probably the saddest thing I've witness in this game.

Was it really that hard to animate his sword beam attack?
Yeah, that disappointed the hell out of me. I loved that Ragnell could shoot sword beams. :|

johnsmith

remember me
Are the level 20 promoted spotpass teams like Ashnard better for xp than the xp dlc? I'm to the point where even killing a level 30 guy isn't getting me a level up, and my guys still need to reclass for more skills.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The male voices selection...

They were all too deep, too baritone. Making me picking up Male Build 2 pretty much an impossibility (and even male build 1 is a bit iffy though that's the one I finally chose.)

And the 2nd voice sound so similar to Chrom.

Hell, check out Lyndis in FE7. God only knows how she can be comfortable wearing that kind of extremely high-cut dress while zipping around fighting people.

Lynn's dress only had flaps covering her naughty bits. So it was basically a shirt and two pieces of cloth. Not saying she wasn't hot though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Lynn's dress only had flaps covering her naughty bits. So it was basically a shirt and two pieces of cloth. Not saying she wasn't hot though.

She's probably one of the hottest female characters in Fire Emblem. Too bad we never see her with her hair down though.

Anyways, anybody playing this game with the Japanese voice? How is it?

I hope (though it's not gonna happen) that future DLCs for this game can give us more customization options (more builds, more voice etc etc). I'll pay ten thousand dollars in a heartbeat for that.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Lyn was <3

She's probably one of the hottest female characters in Fire Emblem. Too bad we never see her with her hair down though.

Sawashiro and Sugita. So good. English dub is pretty nice too.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Lyn was <3

Sawashiro and Sugita. So good. English dub is pretty nice too.

Yeah, Lyn was <3. Too bad I like none of her suitors, though (well, like them to be paired with her), except maybe Kent.

My main problem with the English dub is actually the main avatar's voice... too deep.

PBalfredo

Well, she's not a class that wears armor.

DW8lEG5.jpg

Funny thing is, Cerche actually wears more armor than past designs for Wyvern Riders. In fact, most classes seem to be more armored than previously.

Z00T7jO.jpg
MyUiyan.jpg

Though I suppose that just makes the parts that aren't stand out more, like the Cerche's bare back. I can see how Awakening probably got sexed up a bit to play up the dating-sim aspect of it.

Roto13

Yeah, Lyn was <3. Too bad I like none of her suitors, though (well, like them to be paired with her), except maybe Kent.

My main problem with the English dub is actually the main avatar's voice... too deep.

Either 2 or 3 isn't actually as deep as it sounds in the preview. I don't remember which one.

Hakkapell

Neo Member

I hope (though it's not gonna happen) that future DLCs for this game can give us more customization options (more builds, more voice etc etc). I'll pay ten thousand dollars in a heartbeat for that.

If the game has the option for original japanese voices I always choose that option. In my opinion i feel that the japanese voices do proper justice for the game with more emotion and acting in character than some dubs which seem some seem lifeless. I do know that dubs try their best as well though i had to facepalm hard when i saw the word "dastard".

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Either 2 or 3 isn't actually as deep as it sounds in the preview. I don't remember which one.

But all of the voices clashes severely with build 2, somewhat with build 1, and only appropriate (in my mind at least) with build 3. The problem is build 3 is so... rough looking, for a lack of better word, which is a style that I do not favor.

If the game has the option for original japanese voices I always choose that option. In my opinion i feel that the japanese voices do proper justice for the game with more emotion and acting in character than some dubs which seem some seem lifeless. I do know that dubs try their best as well though i had to facepalm hard when i saw the word "dastard".

I am in chapter 4 right now... hmmm, maybe I should just restart from the beginning to see whether I can enjoy the game more in Japanese voice.... It's not that far...

Oh, for the Avatar, which one is generally agreed to be the superior choice, Magic or Sword-slashing?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Oh, for the Avatar, which one is generally agreed to be the superior choice, Magic or Sword-slashing?

Ignis skill from Grandmaster means either works well. Magic is more versatile with 1-2 range, but Swords get higher damage potential since MU doesn't have base access to dark magic, IIRC. What I use depends moreso on who I'm facing.

Magic heavy maps jack up the resistances, while generals in spotpass and some of the lategame great knights/paladins have some pretty high def if you haven't been over-levelling/grinding skills.

I love the the swag tactician has with a sword though.

Magic is quite underwhelming in this game in terms of looks. especially after the wii one with all that jrpg super magic animations :S

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Both is the superior choice. Why choose at all?

I like to specialize :)

And when you choose Strength/Magic as your preferred stat in the beginning then the Avatar's level up will lean more to the one you choose, correct?

I chose Magic because I thought it would be easier for positioning for support purposes, although in truth I generally like sword-slashing more. Choices, choices.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
If I had to commit to one over the other, magic. Having a magic user that's as tanky as the avatar is pretty unique.

Hmm, good point.

So far up to ch. 4, my favorite character is without a doubt, Kellam. He's funny.

Hopefully he's a good character to bring to battle/grow.

And his available romantic supports are not bad too! Many great choices there, hum humm.

How is Lunatic Endgame even supposed to be possible? It's entirely an open field with overpowered characters and unlimited reinforcements every turn.

The completely open map makes it feel as if there's no positioning tactics I can use. Rushing the boss didn't help. Even with my best Lucina, she doesn't deal nearly enough damage. I don't even...

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just maxed out Cordelia's Lance, Staff, and Bow levels on my main Lunatic save. I'm ready to make her my Bride NoA :x

Okamid3n

How is Lunatic Endgame even supposed to be possible? It's entirely an open field with overpowered characters and unlimited reinforcements every turn.

The completely open map makes it feel as if there's no positioning tactics I can use. Rushing the boss didn't help. Even with my best Lucina, she doesn't deal nearly enough damage. I don't even...

You need a power unit with nosferatu. Alone (well, paired up with Chrom).

If you're like me and you want to avoid abusing nosferatu, you probably need sol. That's what I did, anyway. I didn't grind at all, but my MU (and as a result, his kids) was overpowered due to him getting 50+% of all kills prior to endgame. The last chapters were literally just MU+Chrom and Morgan+Brother abusing sol + rallies while the enemies rushed to their deaths.

Without grinding on DLC, it's near impossible to use more than a handful of units on lunatic's late chapters because of the open maps you mentionned. The maps in this game are kinda boring, sadly.

Edit : Oh wait, you said Endgame, as in the last chapter itself, not the ones leading to it. My bad.

Yeah, you probably need some clever use of rescue to two-turn the map, passing Chrom around as a pair-up and using brave weapons so Chrom gets more chance to do a dual strike. I passed Chrom around three times while using brave weapons so that Chrom got 12 chances to do a dual strike on the final boss. I also gave Chrom some stat boosters/temporary boosts since I had neglected him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom