• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

M-PG71C

Q: Olivia is Lv 20 as a Dancer. I want to use a Second Seal on her to raise her levels, but at the end of those 20 levels I would like her to re-class as a Dancer. Is this possible lol?

San Tacos

Neo Member
Beat the game: Classic/Hard. 50 hours. Everyone from my main squad dead but MU/chrome.

lol that sounds awesome., Was the ending good? Did MU and Chrom mention the fact that... everyone is freaking dead?

Since I was incredibly bored this morning, I sketched this up for fun.
femblem_mio007bokb5.jpg
I might finish it up later.

Tunavi

Banned
*blink*

What was your strategy? Attrition? Nobody survived?
All of the characters I didn't actively use survived.
Lost Donnel and Virion during the game. Got to chapter 21, lost Frederick, decided to carry on without him as I was almost done.
Then lost Lissa the next chapter.

And then all hell broke loose. Lost Lucina, Lon'qu, Vaike, Morgan, Owain, Pt. Marth, and still won with just Chome/Tunavi. Decided they did not go down in vain and carried on. Beat the last two levels with only us 2. Beat the final level with just them two. Lifetaker is awesome. Lost a lot of good men during the Awakening War heh

If I reclass a char using a second seal and eventually switch them back to their original class, I'm assuming they are back to level 1 in the original class?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Since I was incredibly bored this morning, I sketched this up for fun.

I might finish it up later.

That is pretty awesome, great detailing.

I am surprised this game did not have a guide you could buy, I would have snapped up one immediately.

Mr. Fix

If I reclass a char using a second seal and eventually switch them back to their original class, I'm assuming they are back to level 1 in the original class?

Yep. You could use a Second Seal to have them switch over to the previous class' promoted version too but that would require you to get to level 10+ promoted on your current class (i.e. myrmidon > mage > sage level 10 > swordmaster level 1).

Beat the game earlier. It was a fun experience, though the last few chapters were basically a cakewalk with all my characters capping their stats beside MAG (except my Sorcerer family).

Story was probably the most disappointing aspect of the game beside battle animation, since it never really interested me like in PoR or BS. I did love the variety and quality of the dialogue and supports in the game. Individual characters were kinda hit or miss, with some whom I love for their personalities (Tharja, Owain) compared with others I really didn't care for (Sumia, Vaike). Music was top notch with Id(Purpose), Destiny(Ablaze), and Mastermind being my personal favorites.

Overall, if I had to rank it with the rest of the games I've played in the series, I'd would place at:

Path of Radiance
Blazing Sword
Awakening
Radiant Dawn
Light & Shadow
Sword of Seals
Sacred Stones
Shadow Dragon

Will give Lunatic a try later but for now I'll take a break.

Thought Libra would calm her wicked heart.

Why would you think that when he can't even truly win her heart in their supports together and basically resigns himself to being the 2nd most important person to her after the Avatar?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Overall, if I had to rank it with the rest of the games I've played in the series, I'd would place at:

Path of Radiance
Binding Blade
Awakening
Radiant Dawn
Light & Shadow
Sword of Seals
Sacred Stones
Shadow Dragon
Is Sword of Seals the first Fire Emblem in the US/The Sword of Flame? I've never heard great things about Binding Blade.

That is pretty awesome, great detailing.

I am surprised this game did not have a guide you could buy, I would have snapped up one immediately.
Thanks!

I used to love getting guides as a kid just so I could look at the art. With the advent of the internet, there's less of a reason for me to get them, but I still on occasion get them.
Yeah, that's what I was going for. lol

lmaooooo Inigo x Owain C Support

Inigo: Perhaps you should name your next move "Eternal Chastity."
Owain: Sure, why not? I've got the perfect teacher for it right in front of me!

vq5NCuM.gif

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Say, what's the fastest method of re-loading saves? Instead of, you know, pushing the home button, pressing close, then restarting the game, then loading the game again (bah so cumbersome)

Because I foresee there's going to be a LOT of reloading especially when I tackle higher difficulties.

Moonlight

Banned
Say, what's the fastest method of re-loading saves? Instead of, you know, pushing the home button, pressing close, then restarting the game, then loading the game again (bah so cumbersome)

Because I foresee there's going to be a LOT of reloading especially when I tackle higher difficulties.
L+R+START is your best friend.

All of the characters I didn't actively use survived.
Lost Donnel and Virion during the game. Got to chapter 21, lost Frederick, decided to carry on without him as I was almost done.
Then lost Lissa the next chapter.

And then all hell broke loose. Lost Lucina, Lon'qu, Vaike, Morgan, Owain, Pt. Marth, and still won with just Chome/Tunavi. Decided they did not go down in vain and carried on. Beat the last two levels with only us 2. Beat the final level with just them two. Lifetaker is awesome. Lost a lot of good men during the Awakening War heh

I think your future children will come back in time and confiscate your 3DS just to prevent The Great Tunavi Massacre of '13.

This really is the worst Fire Emblem game for trying to pick and choose which characters you want to use in your main army. You simply have so many good characters to pick from and that's without even going into the paralogues. Characters who were part of my main squad end up dropped simply because I forget about them while training other characters who themselves ended up stomping face.

San Tacos

Neo Member
What's your strategy for pairing up units?

Once you hit S rank or A rank with two units, do you just pair them up in every battle from there on? Or do you try pairing them up with other units to rank up to A? I'm wondering if its good to diversify your relationship ranks, or once you found a "good pair" just stick with that forever.

What's your strategy for pairing up units?

Once you hit S rank or A rank with two units, do you just pair them up in every battle from there on? Or do you try pairing them up with other units to rank up to A? I'm wondering if its good to diversify your relationship ranks, or once you found a "good pair" just stick with that forever.

Pair up is broken, get an A/S rank pair that either can self heal with Nosferatu like Tharja/MEMU, a pair that can dodge tank and damage tank like Lon'Qu/Vaike, or can double Galeforce like Morgan/Luciana and watch your army clear half a map in one turn.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
That's good to know, that means I can stop babying these underleveled characters and focus on a team. At least, I think I have all the children paralogues unlocked.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Man, Severa's JP voice is so much hnngghh. Too bad the game never saves my damn settings =(

Can Nintendo even patch 3DS games? This is pretty much my only 3DS game that I've actually played, so I don't know.

Moonlight

Banned
Guys, help me make a decision. Doing a FeMC run, and I'm really stuck between hooking her up with Chrom or Lon'qu. He's already at B rank with Sumia, although I figure I can marry everyone off to leave him open for Olivia, but I'm not sure winds up being the better support and/or results in the better kids.

I'll be able to finish this game without Cordelia, right? She died on the level in which she appears, and I really don't feel like starting over.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Ah, I hope they actually patch it then. A month and nothing so far =(

Guys, help me make a decision. Doing a FeMC run, and I'm really stuck between hooking her up with Chrom or Lon'qu. He's already at B rank with Sumia, although I figure I can marry everyone off to leave him open for Olivia, but I'm not sure winds up being the better support and/or results in the better kids.

Create a Morgan and Lucina with unlimited potential.

I'll be able to finish this game without Cordelia, right? She died on the level in which she appears, and I really don't feel like starting over.

I hope the rest of your characters die horrible painful deaths =P

Ah, I hope they actually patch it then. A month and nothing so far =(

Create a Morgan and Lucina with unlimited potential.

I hope the rest of your characters die horrible painful deaths =P

Ha! I've already reset so many times that I just don't have it in me to replay it.

edit: Weird how she remains in the following cutscene. She does look kinda cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom