• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just now being allowed to buy Master Seals (Chrom is at 12 and my Avatar is at 10), so should I use one now or wait?

And how do I get more money other than by selling Bullion? I've only ever received one.

Brashnir

I'm just now being allowed to buy Master Seals (Chrom is at 12 and my Avatar is at 10), so should I use one now or wait?

And how do I get more money other than by selling Bullion? I've only ever received one.

I've been waiting til characters reach level 20 before using Master Seals, but I'm just a noob to the FE series.

You can sell off unneeded gear, too. Generally speaking, the random battles on the map are more prone to give bullion than story missions, so you might want to hit a few of those.

Anyone having problems with the latest SpotPass?

I got a notification and a blue icon on Fire Emblem, but I can't find the new mission or the new team on the Wireless menu. :/

I'm on Chapter 24 or something.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Anyone having problems with the latest SpotPass?

I got a notification and a blue icon on Fire Emblem, but I can't find the new mission or the new team on the Wireless menu. :/

I'm on Chapter 24 or something.

Did you select "Update Now?" That usually does it for me.

mercviper

You need a power unit with nosferatu. Alone (well, paired up with Chrom).

If you're like me and you want to avoid abusing nosferatu, you probably need sol. That's what I did, anyway. I didn't grind at all, but my MU (and as a result, his kids) was overpowered due to him getting 50+% of all kills prior to endgame. The last chapters were literally just MU+Chrom and Morgan+Brother abusing sol + rallies while the enemies rushed to their deaths.

Without grinding on DLC, it's near impossible to use more than a handful of units on lunatic's late chapters because of the open maps you mentionned. The maps in this game are kinda boring, sadly.

Edit : Oh wait, you said Endgame, as in the last chapter itself, not the ones leading to it. My bad.

Yeah, you probably need some clever use of rescue to two-turn the map, passing Chrom around as a pair-up and using brave weapons so Chrom gets more chance to do a dual strike. I passed Chrom around three times while using brave weapons so that Chrom got 12 chances to do a dual strike on the final boss. I also gave Chrom some stat boosters/temporary boosts since I had neglected him.

Just beat the game on Lunatic minutes ago. No grinding. Chapters/Paralogues only. Lunatic is ridiculously hard. Hard for me was a solid difficulty for some chapters, but was very easy on others especially towards the end.

Lunatic is ball-breaking hard, but I'm not sure how well it's balanced. I don't feel like most of the end of the game is balanced well at all. I liked the beginning a lot more. You knew with your few characters that there was a way to do the level, even if it was very very difficult.

Those early chapters are like a very fun puzzle game. Then the game eases up a bit as it lets you build up some team members. The late game though... meh. It forces you to only use your very best, and it becomes extremely challenging to keep anyone else up to speed.

Since the game doesn't intelligently scale with your team's growth, the end of the game just throws impossibly strong units and reinforcements at you. I'm talking Level 20 Promoted units with forged weapons and skills that get reinforced from all over the map. I kept falling further and further behind in EXP with my weakest units because they couldn't be trusted to do anything but die.

I think random battles and DLC hurt the balancing especially because, while I did neither, at times I questioned whether Lunatic is actually balanced in favor of using those bonuses. I prefer a structured, guided experience and limited EXP provides that. With Lunatic, I was questioning whether I was meant to be more leveled up than I was in the later levels.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend playing through on Lunatic nor would I recommend against it. There are too many variables to how you play the game. For me, personally, a difficulty between Lunatic and Hard with limited EXP would have been perfect.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels I need to cut out half my team for the last few chapters of lunatic. -_- It's so hard to just say, sorry but you're too weak when they've been with me the whole game though. :<

Hey, I just realized who Anna looks like!

280px-Anna_FE13_Artwork.png

228487-15544-dark-phoenix_super.jpg

Boney

Banned
My lunatic run Lon'qu has 8 str and 5 magic yet he's still one of my mvp, because he can consistently dodge axe attacks, gotta pair him with Vaike though.

I'm also doing a zero wireless stuff and so far no risen either, but I don't think I'm gonna prohibit those, I mean they're tough as balls so I think they might help from time to time.

massoluk

Banned

It's up to you. If you want the stats first, wait till 20, promoted class level up slower. If you want the class skills fast, just use it at level 10. At the end, there's no limit for you to get maximum stats/skills. The question is what do you want first.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Since I'm making my streetpass team a legitimately powerful team so my friends can have some fun trying to beat it, I decided to replace galeforce with lethality. Most anyone would reset the moment they lose anyways so galeforce is pointless, but 9 of my 10 guys having lethality will make it a hell of a lot harder for them to not have to reset :D

My only dude without lethality will be my Gerome, who is a berserker with Lancebreaker, Swordbreaker, Sol, Counter, and Axefaire (and 57 strength not counting Axefaire).

Good times.

Gestahl

So how's Lunatic in this game?

In FE12 it's a friggin nightmare (and don't even get me started on Lunatic Reverse--beat that one with lots of casualties.)

FE12's Lunatic is like grinding a hot nail into your dick but it ended up being a far tighter more involved, less easily broken experience. FE13 Lunatic isn't really balanced at all, and + is just let's arbitrarily give insane skills to enemies randomly fuck whatever time to punch out boys

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Which is a bummer to those of us seeking harem ending.

Lol no doubt. We can dream though...

I've been getting all the support convos since I finished the game, but personally I'm not bothering filling up the support log with S ranks. The ones I've seen have been pretty boring. I'm fine with just getting all the A ranks and being done with it. Anyone else feel that way?

Draxal

FE12's Lunatic is like grinding a hot nail into your dick but it ended up being a far tighter more involved, less easily broken experience. FE13 Lunatic isn't really balanced at all, and + is just let's arbitrarily give insane skills to enemies randomly fuck whatever time to punch out boys

Ayup. lunatic plus is just reset the map nonstop until the enemies don't have ridicously broken skills.

JoeFu

Banned
I tried to play some Radiant Dawn last night, but the production values... just sooo bad.

I think Awakening has ruined PoR and RD for me :( I dunno how I'll be able to play those again without comparing things to Awakening.

I tried to play some Radiant Dawn last night, but the production values... just sooo bad.

I think Awakening has ruined PoR and RD for me :( I dunno how I'll be able to play those again without comparing things to Awakening.

Really? In what way? The artwork and menus still look nice, and the music is every bit as good as Awakening's. I guess the voice acting is pretty bad - but it only comes up in the FMVs.

JoeFu

Banned
I dunno, the gameplay is slower, but thats not really production stuff. The 3D battle stuff is bad. I think the voice acting just pissed me off haha.

I think maybe just how much easier to see stats and whatnot in Awakening is also nicer. Menus are weird I guess? I dunno it's probably because I'm just used to Awakening. 

I'll try again later, when Awakening isn't so fresh on my mind. I still remember them being awesome games, but yeah. I dunno.

I dunno, the gameplay is slower, but thats not really production stuff. The 3D battle stuff is bad. I think the voice acting just pissed me off haha.

I think maybe just how much easier to see stats and whatnot in Awakening is also nicer. Menus are weird I guess? I dunno it's probably because I'm just used to Awakening. 

I'll try again later, when Awakening isn't so fresh on my mind. I still remember them being awesome games, but yeah. I dunno.

Understandable, although I think I found the menus to be easier to use in PoR/RD. Or maybe just the inventory...(the inventory in Awakening is all sorts of messed up).

I'll definitely agree on the voice acting. Luckily it's so sparse. (Although, the Black Knight/Greil cutscene was well voice acted, in my opinion. Love that cutscene.)

GeekyDad

Yeah, Awakening definitely spoiled me in that department. The older handheld games even look and feel more polished than RD.

Really? In what way? The artwork and menus still look nice, and the music is every bit as good as Awakening's. I guess the voice acting is pretty bad - but it only comes up in the FMVs.

The 3D is pretty bad, but yeah, otherwise the production values are great.

Well, for starters, though the actual battle animations look decent in RD, the models are really bad. And man, those overhead pans where you see a bunch of low-res tree clumped together just looks awful. Perhaps a slight exaggeration, but in places (like the mines where you meet the winged chick and her buddies) it almost looks like an N64 game. It just has a very low-budget feel to me. Plus, the brother/sister thing...oh, my God, Fire Emblem needs to give that story device a rest.

hao chi

Any suggestions for which kid I should have Gaius pass Lethality down to? I was thinking Owain, or possibly Noire since I think I read she's pretty good.

I already have Morgan, Cynthia, Gerome, and Severa.

zroid

Banned
The Gaius/Sumia support progression is seriously amazing. I know it "wastes" a potential Galeforce inheritance, but it was totally worth it.

Out of curiosity, what's Henry/Sumia like?

Fair enough. I guess I was forgetting the actual battle scenes since I always turn those off.

I didn't have too many problems with Awakening's menus, but I actually think PoR/RD have the more intuitive ones for managing inventory. On the other hand, Awakening probably does a better job of getting character info onto one screen rather than three.

Gestahl

Fair enough. I guess I was forgetting the actual battle scenes since I always turn those off.

I didn't have too many problems with Awakening's menus, but I actually think PoR/RD have the more intuitive ones for managing inventory. On the other hand, Awakening probably does a better job of getting character info onto one screen rather than three.

Not really a fair contest when one game can make use of a touch screen and has less shit to show though (like over half of one menu in FE9/FE10 is that wacky biorhythm line).

Draxal

Any suggestions for which kid I should have Gaius pass Lethality down to? I was thinking Owain, or possibly Noire since I think I read she's pretty good.

I already have Morgan, Cynthia, Gerome, and Severa.

Pass counter down to Noire. It's pretty much perfect, great support convo, she gets access to galeforce/counter/and lethality from Gaius.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Hilarious and creepy.
Body switching
Results in a kinda bad Cynthia as she inherits a bunch of magic classes from Henry but her magic growth is so bad. But the support was fun!

She actually makes for a pretty good sorcerer if you are willing to put up with her growths (Or just give her a bunch of Spirit Dust like I did). She gets access to Sage for Tomefaire, while some of the other good sorcerers do not.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
A lot.
I've gotten all of the 1st gen characers promoted and then reclassed at least twice (always at level 20/30 too).

And with animations on.
And movement set to manual (and I never hold A).
Do people consider grinding replaying missions or just fighting every possible battle once? I only do the latter.

zroid

Banned
Hilarious and creepy.
Body switching
Results in a kinda bad Cynthia as she inherits a bunch of magic classes from Henry but her magic growth is so bad. But the support was fun!

Hah. I was thinking about putting her with Henry, but unfortunately it was impossible at that point as I wanted to get Chrom x Olivia going, and Sumia was already A-ranked with Chrom.

I know I'll never have the time to get through them ALL myself, so I hope some dedicated individual with access to a 3DS capture device uploads footage of every possible support conversation in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom