• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I tried to read that relationship/marriage/children guide at gamefaqs.

At half point I wondered to myself: If I take this into account and worry about min-maxing everything and anything then I will limit myself to many great choices this game give me in favor of that. I don't know, it just doesn't seem fun (well, not quite as fun.) "A shouldn't marry B because then their daughters wouldn't inherit skill C!"--something like that... feels incredibly limiting.

Ah... please don't take this post as me disparaging any of you that plays this game that way. Each person enjoys this game in their own way so if you have great fun min-maxing stuff, don't take this as me saying the way you're playing the game is wrong.

It's just not for me :)

Chrom

They should put it in the manual.

Oh wait, we don't have a manual, just a shitty piece of paper :\

At least give us an electronic manual like games on Vita, Nintendo, this is one of your main games we're talking about, not some random E-Shop game :\

I don't know about the retail game but the digital version does have a digital manual that you can access from the home menu.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't know about the retail game but the digital version does have a digital manual that you can access from the home menu.

Huh, let me check.

Oh my God it's there. I never noticed it; now I look like an idiot >_<

Well... I guess I'll just stand in that "You should have checked before you sprout out BS" Corner of Shame for a while then >__>

zroid

Banned
The Mario Kart 7 patch didn't come out until 6 months after the release date so if they do decide to patch FE I wouldn't hope for it anytime soon.

To be fair, that extended period of time was probably a combination of it actually becoming a problem online over the course of a few weeks, coupled with them realizing they needed to figure out how to patch games in the first place.

I don't think Fire Emblem will get a patch for this, because as annoying as it is, it's really just that: an annoyance. But if they wanted to do it, I imagine it wouldn't take that long.

Kyzon

Finished the game just now. Such a great experience. I can't wait to go through again. I'll probably be awkward and marry Nowi this time, and raise a family of Dark Knights. Oh the possibilities

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Finished the game just now. Such a great experience. I can't wait to go through again. I'll probably be awkward and marry Nowi this time, and raise a family of Dark Knights. Oh the possibilities

The Avatar can also marry the daughters/sons of his/her comrades, right?

Now THAT'S awkward, hahaha.

And what's this talk about patching? Is it about this?

Man, Severa's JP voice is so much hnngghh. Too bad the game never saves my damn settings =(

Can Nintendo even patch 3DS games? This is pretty much my only 3DS game that I've actually played, so I don't know.

I might have been imagining things (hell, see my obliviousness to the manual stuff above) but I could have sworn that the game remembers your choice when you opt to change Japanese/English voices.

Kyzon

The Avatar can also marry the daughters/sons of his/her comrades, right?

Now THAT'S awkward, hahaha.

And what's this talk about patching? Is it about this?

I might have been imagining things (hell, see my obliviousness to the manual stuff above) but I could have sworn that the game remembers your choice when you opt to change Japanese/English voices.

Haha, yes. I could actually marry Nah, and have some weird third gen baby

Marche90

It does, but is bugged. If you close the game and open it up again even if Japanese is selected the voices will be in English. You need to switch to English and then Japanese to fix it

Kinda sad that I can't have Taguel/Manakete kids. I want to use Dragonbeast stones

But you can. Well unless you have a female Avatar then a Mabakete Morgan can't happen.

Edit: Oh, you mean Taguel/Manakete hybrids.

It does, but is bugged. If you close the game and open it up again even if Japanese is selected the voices will be in English. You need to switch to English and then Japanese to fix it
It's bugged in a weird way. Some audio will be in English, some in Japanese.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Needs a patch ASAP. I just want to hear Miyuki Sawashiro whenever I play the female avatar ;_;

Started playing today, is the whole game pretty much cutscene, battle, cutscene, battle or is there more to do after the first few battles?

Gestahl

Started playing today, is the whole game pretty much cutscene, battle, cutscene, battle or is there more to do after the first few battles?

Don't worry they take out the cutscenes and story once you get to Valm

Or at least they may as well have for what's there.

But no that's generally the series formula.

Kincaido

The Mario Kart 7 patch didn't come out until 6 months after the release date so if they do decide to patch FE I wouldn't hope for it anytime soon.

There's no way this is getting patched.
It's not a problem in Japan and isn't game breaking or anything.

&#12541;(`&#1044;´)&#65417;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

iAUWzFMXLRfvu.gif

Chrom

There's no way this is getting patched.
It's not a problem in Japan and isn't game breaking or anything.

Dual audio doesn't even exist in the Japanese version, so of course it's not a problem in Japan.

But yes, as annoying as it is, it's just really minor. As much as it'd be nice for them to do so, I don't think it's likely Nintendo would patch it.

Even though the Japanese audio bug is a sign of Nintendo not being able to do dual audio properly, I gotten into the routine of basically always going towards the extras menu everytime I start playing the game. Every single time.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

But you can. Well unless you have a female Avatar then a Mabakete Morgan can't happen.

Edit: Oh, you mean Taguel/Manakete hybrids.

It's bugged in a weird way. Some audio will be in English, some in Japanese.

Huhhh...? That's a weird thing to overlook... Maybe someone ought to send e-mail to Nintendo or the translation company about this issue.

Kincaido

What really annoys me is that you have to do it again whenever you reset. I've been slowly playing through Lunatic + (fuck this mode btw) and I have to reset a lot.

I'm confused about Second Seal with Olivia ...

I got her up to level 20 as a Dancer before turning her into a Myrmidon (I don't think I realized that she and Panna/ Nawi could go to 30 at that time) and at level 18 I turned her into a Sword Master for Astra (because 2 of her stats were maxed and I was tired of waiting).

She's now at level 5, just like my Sowrdmaster Lon'qu ... and she stumps alll OVER him. She pretty much dwarfs him in all stats ... by all means, she's a better Swordsmaster than he is at this point and they're at the same level.

So I was thinking "Cool, I can turn her back into a Dancer now and have this awesome dancer-unofficial-swordsmaster!" but when I bring up the Dancer option for second seal ... her stats go down. They're not maxed out green like the other 2 options, they're simply lower than her normal stats with no extra colors or anything.

What's the deal with that? Will her stats go down but not be ... maxed out? Should I just keep her a Swords master? (Her and Panna are both just spitting on their male counterparts in those respective classes. I think Panna has the same problem ... she's an Assassin)

I'm confused about Second Seal with Olivia ...

I got her up to level 20 as a Dancer before turning her into a Myrmidon (I don't think I realized that she and Panna/ Nawi could go to 30 at that time) and at level 18 I turned her into a Sword Master for Astra (because 2 of her stats were maxed and I was tired of waiting).

She's now at level 5, just like my Sowrdmaster Lon'qu ... and she stumps alll OVER him. She pretty much dwarfs him in all stats ... by all means, she's a better Swordsmaster than he is at this point.

So I was thinking "Cool, I can turn her back into a Dancer now and have this awesome dancer-unofficial-swordsmaster!" but when I bring up the Dancer option for second seal ... her stats go down. They're not maxed out green like the other 2 options, they're simply lower than her normal stats with no extra colors or anything.

What's the deal with that? Will her stats go down but not be ... maxed out? Should I just keep her a Swords master? (Her and Panna are both just spitting on their male counterparts in those respective classes. I think Panna has the same problem ... she's an Assassin)

Well the main reason why she's better than Lon'qu I assume is that she had leveled more than he has, going from Dancer -> Myrmidom -> Swordmaster. :p

The main reason why there are stats decrease, is that when you reclass, you lose or gain stats based off the difference in base stats of the old and new class. When it's not green anymore, it just means it hasn't hit the cap for that stat and you can keep gaining more points in it.

Well the main reason why she's better than Lon'qu I assume is that she had leveled more than he has, going from Dancer -> Myrmidom -> Swordmaster. :p

The main reason why there are stats decrease, is that when you reclass, you lose or gain stats based off the difference in base stats of the old and new class. When it's not green anymore, it just means it hasn't hit the cap for that stat and you can keep gaining more points in it.

Sooo, if I understand this right, Dancer base states are lower than swordsmaster ... so as a result she losses a fatty chunk of her stats if she goes back to that class. There's no way to combat this? Should I just keep her a swordsmaster until she has high enough stats to max out dancer or should I just keep her a swordsmaster and forget about dancer?

Sooo, if I understand this right, Dancer base states are lower than swordsmaster ... so as a result she losses a fatty chunk of her stats if she goes back to that class. There's no way to combat this? Should I just keep her a swordsmaster until she has high enough stats to max out dancer or should I just keep her a swordsmaster and forget about dancer?

Well I mean, she can easily regain those stats as a Dancer. And there is no way to combat the stat changes when going between classes, especially the base stat changes. It's different if you hit the new class stat caps, where the game will just remember that.

It's up to you for which class she should stay as. For the fighting ability of a Swordmaster or the dancing utility of a Dancer.

johnsmith

remember me

Once she gets the skills you want her to get, put her back to dancer, imo. Besides strength, the stat losses aren't that bad. She's your only dancer, so her unique skill is more important than stats.

iMVml9AQDkuFN.png

Kincaido

I keep my Olivia as a Dancer. Kill someone, galeforce activates, then dance for someone. Wish I had a second pair of boots to give her. Gave mine to Cordelia so she could have 7/8 movement when she becomes my Bride :x

Well I mean, she can easily regain those stats as a Dancer. And there is no way to combat the stat changes when going between classes, especially the base stat changes. It's different if you hit the new class stat caps, where the game will just remember that.

It's up to you for which class she should stay as. For the fighting ability of a Swordmaster or the dancing utility of a Dancer.

Once she gets the skills you want her to get, put her back to dancer, imo. Besides strength, the stat losses aren't that bad. She's your only dancer, so her unique skill is more important than stats.

iMVml9AQDkuFN.png

Ohhh, Ok. Thanks!

So if I put her pack as a Dancer will she go back to leveling up super fast? That's one thing I noticed about Her, Nawi and Panna (to a lesser extent) ... they all could level up pretty fast.

I keep my Olivia as a Dancer. Kill someone, galeforce activates, then dance for someone. Wish I had a second pair of boots to give her. Gave mine to Cordelia so she could have 7/8 movement when she becomes my Bride :x

Galeforce was such a PAIN to get. IDK why my 2 dark fliers (Cordelia and Sumia) level up so damn slow ...but I got them both to level 15 simply so that they could pass those skills down. Neither of them has a S rank cause all the guys I like I paired up already in my pairing bender so the only ones left are Henry (who I now wish I had paired with Tharja! They're a match made in hell ...) and Fred/ That one guy who complains about never being noticed I think (both characters I never use).

I need to start leveling up my guys :/
Donnel's still a level 1 hero (upgraded him because he had already maxed out his stats (all but Mag/hp and Res) as a Merc at level 10).

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Blargh, finally have access to all 1st gen S supports except Olivia's with 67 hours on the file.
I still have to get all the skills for units that only support Avatar, but I'll wait for Paragon.
Now to mix and match for kids and get more supports...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom