• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, when are you able to buy second seals? I can buy master seals from like 2 different places now but no second seals ... and I need them.

Would someone give me an overview of the DLC or link me to a place that gives a good explanation of what I'd be purchasing?

If the maps are not connected to the main game or I get useless items, I'll pass.

vareon

8 chapters in and I'm starting to regret my decision playing Hard/Classic, hahah. Had to rely on luck too much in battles. I want to grind, but I'm afraid I'd run out of weapons soon. Might need to buy that money-giving map on DLC.

Would someone give me an overview of the DLC or link me to a place that gives a good explanation of what I'd be purchasing?

If the maps are not connected to the main game or I get useless items, I'll pass.

It's broken down in detail here, though it's information from the Japanese release nothing but the DLC titles has changed. Of the ones released so far, none of them are related to the main game. The purpose is mostly for easier XP and gold grinding, and to unlock unique skills or classes. The maps and missions themselves aren't of particularly high quality either.

Mr. Fix

The first season:

- Lost Bloodlines 2 for the Dread Fighter class
- Smash Brethren 2 for the Bride class
- Rogues and Redeemers 3 for the Limit Break skill that increases the cap on all classes by 10 (if you're looking to max out stats and stuff post-game, especially for the final DLC).

Second season:

- Get everything, damn you! (unless you're not into support conversations)

rocK`

Banned
New player here. Is it weird my tactician lvls up about 5X quicker than the rest of my squad (like Frederick who is so slow)?

Mr. Fix

New player here. Is it weird my tactician lvls up about 5X quicker than the rest of my squad (like Frederick who is so slow)?

Frederick's already a promoted unit. If you're playing on Hard or below, it's best just to strip him of his weapon and just have him act as a tank early on.

Draxal

Frederick's already a promoted unit. If you're playing on Hard or below, it's best just to strip him of his weapon and just have him act as a tank early on.

In addition, the avatar has the veteran skill which increases experience gains by 50% while paired up.

In the DLC with the new class(can't remember name), does that new class also include unique skills?

Secondly, I'm not sure I used a second seal on anyone except Donnel. Am I missing out? I've just tailored my lineup out of the characters I have(so many). The only area that I'm short on is bow users. I have Gaius as an assassin and have been leveling him in bows, but that's a slow process. Still, I have two magic users(Ricken and Tharja) most of the time and they can dish out tons of damage.

Also, I used Olivia for a little but then trailed off on leveling her, so I don't have a dancer. That's kind of a bummer because it's such a useful skill, but I'm far enough along now that I don't think I need it(bout to start either chp. 21 or 22, can't remember which).

Does everyone seriously love how fast the game starts from the 3DS menu? So fast.

Lastly, does anyone know the field song that plays during risen skirmishes? Sorry, I'm not sure where all it plays, but I know it plays during those. I love that track.

Draxal

In the DLC with the new class(can't remember name), does that new class also include unique skills?

Secondly, I'm not sure I used a second seal on anyone except Donnel. Am I missing out? I've just tailored my lineup out of the characters I have(so many). The only area that I'm short on is bow users. I have Gaius as an assassin and have been leveling him in bows, but that's a slow process. Still, I have two magic users(Ricken and Tharja) most of the time and they can dish out tons of damage.

Also, I used Olivia for a little but then trailed off on leveling her, so I don't have a dancer. That's kind of a bummer because it's such a useful skill, but I'm far enough along now that I don't think I need it(bout to start either chp. 21 or 22, can't remember which).

Does everyone seriously love how fast the game starts from the 3DS menu? So fast.

Lastly, does anyone know the field song that plays during risen skirmishes? Sorry, I'm not sure where all it plays, but I know it plays during those. I love that track.

1. Yes, one of them is called quickslash which is one of the best male exclusive skills (+10 attack on your turn).

2. Yes and no it'll be slower to get some skills overall, but you don't need to second seal to beat the game at all. You do kinda want to get the skills before you recruit the kid characters. It's probably the biggest issue I have with the game right now, having to go dark fliers on the parents before hand if you want to pass galeforce to the kids.

3. The sonq is called conquest; conquest (ablaze) is the combat version.

NeonZ

You know, looking at the later "2nd season" DLC, am I the only one who can't understand what IS was thinking when they made a new unplayable Risen class rather than another playable DLC class? It just seems completely pointless when enemies can break caps and have any skills anyway.

You know, looking at the later "2nd season" DLC, am I the only one who can't understand what IS was thinking when they made a new unplayable Risen class rather than another playable DLC class? It just seems completely pointless when enemies can break caps and have any skills anyway.

Does that new class have new animations? If it doesn't, it probably wasn't much work anyway.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Just this game.

Despite the game having unlimited experience/levels you're still better off sticking with the old Fire Emblem logic of waiting to promote units. Don't promote your units until they are either level 20 or are capping stats in a base class.

I'm glad I'm not alone in my appreciation of that track, it seems to get less love than a lot of others.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
About to start this. Any tips I should know?

Pair up is your friend. Try not to let Frederick hog exp, but do use him to pair up with weak units, as his stat boosts will be helpful. Second Seals will let you reclass your units, base classes to other base classes, while promoted classes at level 10 can reclass to any available promoted class. You can buy those and Master seals later on so don't sweat them too much. If you take the time to level Donnel, he ends up being a beast.

Oh and once you have a paralogue available, you can do them at any time. L+R+Start is a soft reset. When you're moving around the overworld map, you can hold A to move faster. DLC becomes available after chapter 4, iirc.

Hope some of that is helpful.

They need to up the animations for the next game.

A swordmaster isn't a swordmaster unless they can split into five guys and carve people up when they crit.

It would look even better in 3D too.

heringer

Despite the game having unlimited experience/levels you're still better off sticking with the old Fire Emblem logic of waiting to promote units. Don't promote your units until they are either level 20 or are capping stats in a base class.

I'm glad I'm not alone in my appreciation of that track, it seems to get less love than a lot of others.

Pair up is your friend. Try not to let Frederick hog exp, but do use him to pair up with weak units, as his stat boosts will be helpful. Second Seals will let you reclass your units, base classes to other base classes, while promoted classes at level 10 can reclass to any available promoted class. You can buy those and Master seals later on so don't sweat them too much. If you take the time to level Donnel, he ends up being a beast.

Oh and once you have a paralogue available, you can do them at any time. L+R+Start is a soft reset. When you're moving around the overworld map, you can hold A to move faster. DLC becomes available after chapter 4, iirc.

Hope some of that is helpful.

Thanks guys! I'll remember all that.

What about the DLC? What do they add, are they important? Any of them is a mus have?

zroid

Banned

What about the DLC? What do they add, are they important? Any of them is a mus have?

I'd say the free one is a must-have, lol. Hurry, just a few days left :p

I think most of the best DLC is yet to come. You can buy the trilogy pack which includes the first bonus class (Dread Fighter), but I don't think the actual map containing it is out yet.

Javier

Well, definitely get the free map before it stops being free (March 5 is the last day). Other than that, most maps available right now are on the easy side, or made for grinding. It's really there mostly for fanservice, as it features characters from past games fighting each other, so it's up to you if you feel it's "worth" it.

The best maps are yet to come, though.

heringer

Hmm, thanks! Will get the free one.

How are they integrated to the game? I mean, when I'm playing do I know I'm playing DLC or is it seamlessly integrated?

Soulhouf

Chapter 10 is so awesome. It made me almost cry twice.
The music, the atmosphere, the context, the graphics... it's perfect.
At this point I was wondering "why did I give the game only 3.5/5?" and I remembered how from there the game gets worse and worse. Why Intelligent System, why?
I almost wish the game ends in chapter 10. So good T_T

Holy shit at the new bonus map. Brave + Rescue + Dance all the way.

And God bless Tharja, but now I need to make her a knight or whatever, already been through all mage classes. :(

San Tacos

Neo Member
They should put it in the manual.

Oh wait, we don't have a manual, just a shitty piece of paper :\

At least give us an electronic manual like games on Vita, Nintendo, this is one of your main games we're talking about, not some random E-Shop game :\

lol it IS in the digital manual. that's how we all knew to do it!

One neat touch I noticed after Chapter 21.

Since Chrom lost the Fire Emblem, he doesn't wield it in battle anymore. Hell, he doesn't have any sort of shield as a Great Lord. At least the game was considerate to do that.

Busaiku

One neat touch I noticed after Chapter 21.

Since Chrom lost the Fire Emblem, he doesn't wield it in battle anymore. Hell, he doesn't have any sort of shield as a Great Lord. At least the game was considerate to do that.

Kinda hard to notice if you've reclassed.
But that's cool.

Well, definitely get the free map before it stops being free (March 5 is the last day). Other than that, most maps available right now are on the easy side, or made for grinding. It's really there mostly for fanservice, as it features characters from past games fighting each other, so it's up to you if you feel it's "worth" it.

The best maps are yet to come, though.

How do you get DLC anyway?

I can't connect to the wifi here with my 3DS for some reason and I have never gotten DLC for any system before.

Soulhouf

Any tips for chapter 3 in Lunatic? It's absolutely murder.

This worked great for me:

The first turn is crucial in that map. If you make a mistake, you're screwed.
Here is what I did:
1- pair up Frederick with Chrom
2- Move Chrom to the left square near Kellam. Talk to him, switch to Frederick
3- Move Kellam to safety
4- Wait the turn enemies get crushed by Frederick/Chrom counter attacks. At this point only 2 units should remain. Finish them with your units and put them to safety from the right side enemies.
5- Heal Frederic/Chrom then move them to the right to face the enemies there.
Rinse and repeat

Leave weakened enemies to your MU and the other weak units and they will get a lot of XP by finishing them.

Roto13

Fuck critical hits from enemies. They shouldn't exist in a game like this. It's basically the game saying there's a 9% chance I am going to get a game over on the last turn, despite having full health, and there's nothing I can do about it.

Gestahl

Fuck critical hits from enemies. They shouldn't exist in a game like this. It's basically the game saying there's a 9% chance I am going to get a game over on the last turn, despite having full health, and there's nothing I can do about it.

This is fun on Lunatic when the game gives almost every enemy on the first map an arbitrary 10+ crit for no real reason

Plenty of ways to negate it. Attack that unit with a ranged unit or a high-luck unit, or pair up so the crit won't kill you.

Is Donnel worth the effort?

Oh God yes

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Dear god, skill attacks can crit. Olivia + Astra + high crit rate = good times. She is definitely my best dodge tank right now, and that just made her even more awesome.

Is Donnel worth the effort?

Donnel is such a beast that ... I had to stop using him to beef up other characters. He maxed out most all of his stats (besides Mag and Res) by level 10 in the Mercenary class. Really, I mainly took him for Adapt to be passes down (Paired him with Nawi because they're both childish and I Wanted to make a beastly Dragon baby ... that was a mistake, I think I should have paired her with Gregor. Didn't realize how mature she can sound in her supports) but he can be a one man army if you want him to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom