• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

vareon

You must've been going for a particular support for Chrom?

No, I just suck at this lol. Never played a Fire Emblem game with difficulty higher than Normal.

Edit: The other reason is I fucked up Avatar. I set up Skill as his strength, and had him be a magic user for a long time. THEN I realized his Str growth is significantly better than Mag, yet his Sword level was E. Made it to C before chapter 11 >.<

Just picked this game up, and man, I'm really digging it. I never liked strategy RPGs before, but this game rocks. I am playing it on n00b mode tho, which is good because 2 of my party member already died :'( .A few questions tho:

Isn't there supposed to be a DLC that expires in a few days? Or is that what I got from the bonus box?

I was adding some DLC(or update?) units, but after two I ran out of slots. How do I add more slots?

vareon

Just picked this game up, and man, I'm really digging it. I never liked strategy RPGs before, but this game rocks. I am playing it on n00b mode tho, which is good because 2 of my party member already died :'( .A few questions tho:

Isn't there supposed to be a DLC that expires in a few days? Or is that what I got from the bonus box?

I was adding some DLC(or update?) units, but after two I ran out of slots. How do I add more slots?

Bonus Box is the spotpass teams, not the DLC. DLC can be bought after Chapter 4. They don't expire, it's just that the first DLC is free until March 5th.

PBalfredo

Eh, does Tharja pair up with anyone well? I married her to Libra, and it's just depressing. Libra and Nowi's conversations are all about Tharja experimenting curses on Nowi, and if Libra tries to intervenes, Tharja would, quote, "Curse his eyeballs and he would cry to sleep".

UWtJTVQ.jpg

This begs a very important question. GAF, I ask you:

Where does Tharja fall on the Hot/Crazy Scale?

7yKsXFY.png

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Getting new supports in this game is so damn addictive.

Also, Cherche and Gregor's supports are awesome. I love when they reveal backstory.

Same here. Check out Cherche x Lon'qu, Maribelle x Gaius, Tharja x Gregor, and Panne x Henry off the top of my head if you haven't.

I love Morgan(f), she is just so sweet and adorable.

Morgan(f) is seriously one of my favourite characters in the game. Her supports are all just completely amazing.

Cherche and Morgan are the unrealistically nicest girl that can never exist in real life. :]

Agree with all of you :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Just finished filling out A ranks with everyone. Might clear all the spotpass teams, then either start a lunatic file or give it a break for a bit.

Well if you buy a 3DS with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Luigi's Mansion later this month you can get a free game download. Fire Emblem isn't one of the options though.

Yeah. I know about that I was just wondering about any kind of bundles. I should have picked up the xl mario kart bundle when it was on sale at bestbuy =\

This was moved to community? No wonder I couldn't find it any more.

I'm almost done with my first playthrough, so I should plan how to do my hard mode one already. All I know right now is that this time I want to marry Panne so that I can have an entire family of bunnies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Chrom and my Avatar are 18 and 15, respectively--should I upgrade their classes? What's the best plan for the Avatar?

For the Avatar get him Ignis then do whatever you want with him. Chrom needs to be a Great Lord until 15 though, so he can get Aether and Rightful King.

Draxal

For the Avatar get him Ignis then do whatever you want with him. Chrom needs to be a Great Lord until 15 though, so he can get Aether and Rightful King.

Yeah, avatar can go so many ways, if you're a str based char I prefer going merc/hero for armsthrift/sol. If you're a magic char go dark mage/sorceror.

Thanks, y'all. One thing I just considered--Donnel is a few levels away from 10, so should I save my last Golden Seal for him instead of my Avatar? Or does he need a Second Seal?

Is Donnel a Mercenary already or is he still a Villager? If the latter, he can't even use Master Seals anyways. You'll eventually be able to just buy as many as you want, so do whatever.

Raw64life

Up to Chapter 10 now and I'm enjoying it a lot more after switching to Casual mode. As a first time Fire Emblem player and generally OCD gamer Classic was just too much for me. But I have some questions.

Is there any other way to get gold other than selling stuff? I generally hoard items in games but if there's no way other I'll sell what I have to. And do bullions ever serve any purpose or are they strictly items you sell?

Should you use Master Seal's as soon as you are able to or is there any incentive to hold off?

And is there any canon or consensus as to who you should pair up? I'm still having trouble figuring out not only who is the best to pair up with each other, but also how to make it work on the battlefield. I've already given up on leveling up a few of my characters because they've fallen too far behind and anytime I try to set up a guy to get some good experience they or someone else ends up paying for it.

Kyzon

Thanks, y'all. One thing I just considered--Donnel is a few levels away from 10, so should I save my last Golden Seal for him instead of my Avatar? Or does he need a Second Seal?

Second seal is what he uses. Also wait until at least 15 just in case you want the underdog skill.

Has the Dread Fighter class been released yet? I want to get that for my Avatar since I started a new game.

And do bullions ever serve any purpose or are they strictly items you sell?

Should you use Master Seal's as soon as you are able to or is there any incentive to hold off?

-They're your main source of income.
-The more you wait on using a Master Seal, the better your stats will be. A promoted unit will always be treated as lv21 no matter when you promoted, so by promoting at lv10 you're pretty much wasting 10 levels of stats.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
-They're your main source of income.
-The more you wait on using a Master Seal, the better your stats will be. A promoted unit will always be treated as lv21 no matter when you promoted, so by promoting at lv10 you're pretty much wasting 10 levels of stats.

Sometimes it's worth it though, like in the case of a thief. They kind of suck, but assassins are great. Though with EXPonential Growth out now it's really a moot point.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
lol marriages are so ridiculous in this game.

I LOVE YOU
ALSO, MARRY ME

Turok_TTZ

accursed walhart paralogue chapter. I killed him only for chrom to get picked off by reinforcements soon as my turn ended. accursed lunatic mode and its overpowered paladins...

So my brother's playing the game and it seems amazing. We're a little unclear about the DLC though. If he downloads it on his save data, can I still access it on mine or no?

You married your MU with Chrom? I had that same convo with Cynthia instead (Chrom x Sumia)
It was accidental,
Ch12 or whatever ended, and Chrom was all, "Let's get married!", Robin was all "ok!", and I was all "wait, what just happened?" But she was right, it's ok, Morgan with Rightful King is the Fire Emblem version of god.

Interesting that they used the same conversation elsewhere! I'll have to look that up and see if it's line for line or not...

Lucent

So, does anybody see this becoming hard to find soon? Was thinking about grabbing it while it's not above MSRP. I don't have a 3DS at the moment but the game looks so good I just don't want to hunt later.

And I know about the digital version but I prefer physical stuff.

EDIT: Also, holy crap at the number of pages this thing has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom