• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my sister stole my copy of the game before I could get very far and she wants me to ask you guys questions about reclassing/master classes.

She wants to know if it's a good idea to use a master seal on: Chrom(20),Sumia(15),Cordelia(16), Cherche(16), Lucina(20) and Micaiah(15).
And what are some good classes to switch to for Frederick,Cherche,Sumia,Cordelia, and Micaiah?

I've never played Fire Emblem before, so obviously I'm not much help. If there have been any good explanations or strategies for this earlier in the thread could someone point me to them? It's all a little overwhelming.

Lucent

Hell it's already hard to find.

Well it seems my Best Buy has it in store or I can order it still. I guess I'll get on it. I had a 3DS but after the 3DS XL came out I sold it because I felt I shouldn't have to deal with such a small/odd form factor if I don't have to. But I used the money on a Wii U. In retrospect, I probably should've held off on the Wii U until X and all those other games were closer to release. And the 3DS seems to be getting a ton of good games and definitely is much stronger on the RPG side than the Vita has been so far, sadly.

Well it seems my Best Buy has it in store or I can order it still. I guess I'll get on it. I had a 3DS but after the 3DS XL came out I sold it because I felt I shouldn't have to deal with such a small/odd form factor if I don't have to. But I used the money on a Wii U. In retrospect, I probably should've held off on the Wii U until X and all those other games were closer to release. And the 3DS seems to be getting a ton of good games and definitely is much stronger on the RPG side than the Vita has been so far, sadly.

Yeah, I just looked through Bestbuy, Amazon and Ebay super quickly, and they seem to still have some offers at normal prices (sprinkled in with more outrageous pricetags.) I may be wrong, but it seems like it'll be relatively easy to find for the short, foreseeable future, but then disappear for good. (At least regarding physical copies.)

(Also, I'm hoping Vita will pick up steam soon. I really want 3DS and Vita to become sister-juggernauts for JRPG's this gen.)

Wait are there dialogue differences between the male and female versions of Morgan? Like for supports?

Yes

So my sister stole my copy of the game before I could get very far and she wants me to ask you guys questions about reclassing/master classes.

She wants to know if it's a good idea to use a master seal on: Chrom(20),Sumia(15),Cordelia(16), Cherche(16), Lucina(20) and Micaiah(15).
And what are some good classes to switch to for Frederick,Cherche,Sumia,Cordelia, and Micaiah?

I've never played Fire Emblem before, so obviously I'm not much help. If there have been any good explanations or strategies for this earlier in the thread could someone point me to them? It's all a little overwhelming.

I like to wait until level 20 for promotion because it's easier to gain experience before promotion. Also I've found that it's better to promote and then use a second seal at lvl.10+ promoted to another promoted class, because those skills are generally better. In any case, get Micaiah out of that demeaning outfit and make her go Mage->Sage.

Lucent

Yeah, I just looked through Bestbuy, Amazon and Ebay super quickly, and they seem to still have some offers at normal prices (sprinkled in with more outrageous pricetags.) I may be wrong, but it seems like it'll be relatively easy to find for the short, foreseeable future, but then disappear for good. (At least regarding physical copies.)

(Also, I'm hoping Vita will pick up steam soon. I really want 3DS and Vita to become sister-juggernauts for JRPG's this gen.)

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of.

And yeah I really want the Vita to pick up, too. I honestly didn't get it for the touch screen stuff (at least not the back part. That is annoying to use). Was hoping that, like the 3DS, it'd get some RPG love.

Finally beat paralogue 13 with both armies as enemies. Basically I:
Spread my team in two, one with Miriel, Frederick, Sully and Sthal (with silver weapons and S support) and the other with Kjalla, Ingo, Noire, Tharja and Gaius with S support between them, the sad part is that the generals of both armies are way too easy, it's just the overwhelming number of enemies that made that chapter hard

Also I'm getting annoying of the barracks conversations, Lon'qu saying that I've to sleep at 2AM, pftt.

Chrom

Has the Dread Fighter class been released yet? I want to get that for my Avatar since I started a new game.

Not yet, but I'm personally expecting Lost Bloodlines 2 to be released this Thursday because so far it looks like they're trying to alternate between the Lost Bloodlines and Golden maps every week.

Lucentto

Banned
Wow, Lunatic mode without grinding is kind of silly. Basically everyone is useless except for Chrom and MU. Even Frederick ends up becoming worthless. After playing this mode for nearly 3 playthroughs, I find it incredibly unbalanced. I don't even want to see Lunatic+.

Gestahl

Wow, Lunatic mode without grinding is kind of silly. Basically everyone is useless except for Chrom and MU. Even Frederick ends up becoming worthless. After playing this mode for nearly 3 playthroughs, I find it incredibly unbalanced. I don't even want to see Lunatic+.

Lunatic and above doesn't know the meaning of the word balance, but even below that it feels like the developers just never know how they're handling the difficulty progression. Early on it feels like you can't do any optional content without breaking things, but then you have these weird jumps once Valm starts up where you start facing entire armies of promoted enemies and you start getting outclassed rapidly if you haven't been focusing on 5 or so key units. It's an incredibly uneven experience.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I want to buy the DLC maps but all I get is ERROR this and ERROR that.

It's like Nintendo doesn't WANT me to buy stuff from them.

****ing annoying.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What error?

That sounds weird you are trying to purchase it in game and not on the Eshop right?

I forgot, various numbers, but referring to Google it said "E-shop is undergoing maintenance" or stuff like that.

Once it connected from the Outrealm Gate, but after the "loading map line-up" screen it errored again -_________-

Bah, I'll try it again later. I just add 20 bucks to my 3DS, and I am planning to buy all the DLC maps available right now (if Nintendo allows me to do that, that is -___________-)

Javier

I forgot, various numbers, but referring to Google it said "E-shop is undergoing maintenance" or stuff like that.

Once it connected from the Outrealm Gate, but after the "loading map line-up" screen it errored again -_________-

Bah, I'll try it again later. I just add 20 bucks to my 3DS, and I am planning to buy all the DLC maps available right now (if Nintendo allows me to do that, that is -___________-)
If eShop is undergoing maintenance then yeah, you can't buy DLC.

Rocwell

I've been forging a bunch of weapons for my army and I decided to name every weapon in Owain's inventory "Masamune" regardless of if it was even a sword as a joke.

Turok_TTZ

i just sent in MU and tharja to end walhart's paralogue. dat s rank support. now having recruited walhart, gonna do endgame. any advice for lunatic endgame?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Okay so I'm new to the series, and oh god, grinding is such a bitch.

My lowbies like Donnell and the SpotPass recruits are just ridiculous to try and level. They gotta get into the thick of it in order to level up but they die so easily. There's not really that much gold bullion in the risen encounters and repeating SpotPass battles just drains gold. This is a nightmare for the completionist in me.

Should I just surrender and get the Golden Pack DLC? I like this game but this is torture. :(

Quick question, it is normal that even if I have my audio set to Japanese I just heard "Welcome home", "Thank you" and "It's all right" in this cutscene from chapter 2?

Quick question, it is normal that even if I have my audio set to Japanese I just heard "Welcome home", "Thank you" and "It's all right" in this cutscene from chapter 2?

Audio's bugged in that the game resets itself to English audio regardless of which audio you were anytime you stop playing, via turning it off or putting the game into sleep mode, etc.

Only way to fix that is to manually go back into the Extras menu, changing the audio to English and then back to Japanese.

Audio's bugged in that the game resets itself to English audio regardless of which audio you were anytime you stop playing, via turning it off or putting the game into sleep mode, etc.

Only way to fix that is to manually go back into the Extras menu, changing the audio to English and then back to Japanese.

Oh ok... disappointing but at least fixable! Thanks a lot!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Oh geez, they should have cut down the quips character make when they are chatting with one another. Hearing "What?" "Huh?" "Yes!" "Thank You!" etc etc etc etc in rapid successive manner can really ruin the mood, especially since most of the time it seems like the game just pick them out randomly instead of using the most appropriate one to the conversation.

Oh, and my favorite guy so far (I am in chapter 9) is still Kellam. Finding it difficult to choose which girl to marry him off to: so far the highest girl with him is Lissa, and their conversation is adorable (cliched, but still adorable nonetheless.)

Say, I know that Chrom is forced to marry someone on Chapter 11 if you haven't done it yet for him at that point, but what other characters? Any other limit for them as well?

Anyways, this baby just arrived:

Harvest_Moon.jpg

Making it admittedly kind of hard for me to focus still on Fire Emblem, hahaha. Oh well.

Some of these one liners are killing me.

Inigo talking to his mom: "The time you jumped out from that waterfall nearly gave me a waterfall in my pants!"

My lowbies like Donnell and the SpotPass recruits are just ridiculous to try and level. They gotta get into the thick of it in order to level up but they die so easily. There's not really that much gold bullion in the risen encounters and repeating SpotPass battles just drains gold. This is a nightmare for the completionist in me.

Should I just surrender and get the Golden Pack DLC? I like this game but this is torture. :(
You can use the Reeking Boxes to grind without losing money (in fact, you will be slowly gaining money..)

Anteo

Wow that's really awesome of them to make the DLC available to all the separate save files on the cartridge. God this game's gonna be a sweet time sink.

Not only of the cartridge, any FE copy on THAT 3ds will be able to access it. Of course, the DLC doesn't go with the cartridge.

Lunar15

Really, you only require minimal grinding to get through the game. I ended up with highly overpowered units and RARELY ever touched spotpass battles or reeking boxes. Playing on hard, mind you.

In this game, at least, it's really about abusing the pair up system. Donnell's tough to level up for a few maps, but once he gets his footing (glass weaponry doesn't hurt either), you can manage to get him to level 15 and class over using a Master Seal. He becomes a monster though, and quite quickly.

TWILT

Banned
Using characters I didn't use before is a lot of fun. Already promoted Ricken (and married him to Maribelle), Kellam, and Miriel and I'm gonna train Panne and Gregor soon. Training Maribelle is kind of a pain though lol.
Say, I know that Chrom is forced to marry someone on Chapter 11 if you haven't done it yet for him at that point, but what other characters? Any other limit for them as well?

No one besides Chrom has to marry nor is there a time limit.

ZealousD

Really, you only require minimal grinding to get through the game. I ended up with highly overpowered units and RARELY ever touched spotpass battles or reeking boxes. Playing on hard, mind you.

Well I definitely have a few beasts. My Chrom/Sumia pair, My Avatar/Cordelia pair, and even solo Frederick are seriously imba. If all I was doing was primarily using the standard characters I likely wouldn't have any serious issues.

My main problem is likely the fact that I'm recruiting dudes from the SpotPass battles and trying to level them as well. I'm basically being a completionist and it's just a pain to try and level these characters. Donnell isn't the only one I'm trying to beef.

Lunar15

Well I definitely have a few beasts. My Chrom/Sumia pair, My Avatar/Cordelia pair, and even solo Frederick are seriously imba. If all I was doing was primarily using the standard characters I likely wouldn't have any serious issues.

My main problem is likely the fact that I'm recruiting dudes from the SpotPass battles and trying to level them as well. I'm basically being a completionist and it's just a pain to try and level these characters. Donnell isn't the only one I'm trying to beef.

Whoa, you're trying to level up EVERYONE? That's intense. Keep in mind, you can only have so many people in your army, so you can't get EVERY spotpass unit.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Whoa, you're trying to level up EVERYONE? That's intense. Keep in mind, you can only have so many people in your army, so you can't get EVERY spotpass unit.

My main motivation for also doing this is not necessarily going to use the characters but rather to get their support conversations.

Man, trying to 100% support conversations will be a long, long process but I think I'll enjoy it nonetheless.

Lunar15

My main motivation for also doing this is not necessarily going to use the characters but rather to get their support conversations.

Man, trying to 100% support conversations will be a long, long process but I think I'll enjoy it nonetheless.

That's fine, but spotpass characters too? Now that's just crazy.

Busaiku

So I'm the only one that's trying to level up every single non-Spotpass character in their initial playthrough?
No wonder you guys finish so fast.

ZealousD

Oh.

Did not know that.

So what's the deal with SpotPass characters then? Are they just there in case you PermaDeath too many of the main characters?

Moonlight

Banned
Pretty much. There's really no point in recruiting and training them, in my opinion. Bar the ones you obtain from Paralogues, they can't support with anyone and they're rarely spectacular in terms of stats or skills.

Draxal

Oh.

Did not know that.

So what's the deal with SpotPass characters then? Are they just there in case you PermaDeath too many of the main characters?

That, and um it's more like giving chances for fans to play as their old faves, because everybody loves Moulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom