• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Seeing as how you said preplanning I'm assuming nothing is set in stone, Gaius is much better with someone like Sully or Thraja so their children have access to Galeforce.

Assuming you're not too interested in that, Gaius would be better for Cherche.

I'm playing on normal so I don't need to abuse galeforce. Right now I've got Libra with Tharja and Vaike with Sully.

Chrom/Sumia and Avatar/Cordelia are set in stone atm. Nothing else is.

I'll be dissenting opinion.

Gerome is WEAK. He can't take a hit. I think he'd benefit from Kellam indestructible defense/skills. Gerome never lacked of offensive power to begin with. Kellam is total OP bastard in my game. Right now he's Trickster after having graduated from General School of business to get more RES. He looks absurdly ridiculous in trickster outfit.

I can't imagine a Wyvern Knight being unable to take a physical hit. On the magical side, Gerome is definitely lacking but the only benefit from Kellam is providing more base defense which Cherche can easily provide herself.

Not to mention, any child character will be silly strong expect the off chance you paired Chrom with the village girl.

massoluk

Banned
I'm playing on normal so I don't need to abuse galeforce. Right now I've got Libra with Tharja and Vaike with Sully.

Chrom/Sumia and Avatar/Cordelia are set in stone atm. Nothing else is.

Man, is everyone marrying Cordelia with Avatar? :p
She's my pick on my first run too.

ZealousD

1. She's a Pegasus Knight so she can fly me around.
2. Easy Galeforce.
3. Magic + Javelin is pretty sweet.
4. She's hot. Sucker for redheads.
5. Brains, too!

Draxal

1. She's a Pegasus Knight so she can fly me around.
2. Easy Galeforce.
3. Magic + Javelin is pretty sweet.
4. She's hot. Sucker for redheads.
5. Brains, too!

Plus her daughter is one of the best second gen chars in the game, might as well break her even more.

Me in Paralogue 1 on hard mode:

"Alright, Donnel got his first kill and now everyone is surrounding him so he should be sa-"

*Enemy archer attacks, doubles, and kills Donnel from full health*

"..."

I have Fred backing him up like I did when doing the chapter on normal. I think I'm just gonna use my renown obtained speedwing on him to avoid getting doubled :|

Soulhouf

I'll be dissenting opinion.

Gerome is WEAK. He can't take a hit. I think he'd benefit from Kellam indestructible defense/skills. Gerome never lacked of offensive power to begin with. Kellam is total OP bastard in my game. Right now he's Trickster after having graduated from General School of business to get more RES. He looks absurdly ridiculous in trickster outfit.

What

gerome.jpg

What I mean is that when he started, there's too many thing stacked up against him as Wyvern Rider. Bow, Magic, Sword. By the time you can get him, he's severely handicapped against enemies your level, with no defensive skills at all at the start.

Considering the chapter he starts in has a bunch of Wyvern and Griffon riders, he can easily get a few levels there.

Currently on chapter 5 of Lunatic and Sumia is still alive. She's still not going anywhere near Chrom again.

I need those super babies later on.

Lucina's solo ending was lame... :(
Pairing her up with someone makes her ending much better.

Owain and Cynthia are clearly the true couple.
Nope, Female Morgan x Owain are fated partners. :D

Went for Tharja, best decision ever.

Besides I have no interest in playing second fiddle to Chrom.

Soulhouf

What I mean is that when he started, there's too many thing stacked up against him as Wyvern Rider. Bow, Magic, Sword. By the time you can get him, he's severely handicapped against enemies your level, with no defensive skills at all at the start.

Right, but in the chapter where he starts there are many wyvern riders that can be used to level him up.
Especially if Gregor is his father, he can get Axefaire, Sol and Astra in addition to renewal and swordbreaker from his mother which makes him unstoppable as an axe user.

Soulhouf

Owain and Cynthia shouldn't get married, they're cousins.

Why not?
I don't see the problem. Even in this day and age there are still people who marry their cousin.
On the contrary, I'm disappointed we can't marry Chrom with his sister... c'mon Nintendo.

ZealousD

I don't see the problem. Even in this day and age there are still people who marry their cousin.
On the contrary, I'm disappointed we can't marry Chrom with his sister... c'mon Nintendo.

Shouldn't have kids within the family. Stunts their growth rates.

The pairing of Silvia and Claude produced the best Silvia children which was ironic because
they're most likely brother and sister

ultron87

I'm just going to say it. Marrying your Avatar to any of the kids is weird. They're your friends' kids from the future.

You weirdo.

I'm just going to say it. Marrying your Avatar to any of the kids is weird. They're your friends' kids from the future.

You weirdo.

I'd say less weird but definitely more creepy

Especially the Lucina x Avatar pairing and anytime you pair off with a child character who in the previous playthrough was your son/daughter.

massoluk

Banned
I'd say less weird but definitely more creepy

Especially the Lucina x Avatar pairing and anytime you pair off with a child character who in the previous playthrough was your son/daughter.

Hmm.
First Playthough - Avatar x Cordelia
Second Playthrough - Avatar x Severa

umm. *whistle innocently* Don't judge me.

Javier

Avatar x Tharja on my first run. Never deleting that file.

Second run I used a Female Avatar and married her to Lon'qu. Didn't plan it, it just happened.

GeekyDad

Shouldn't have kids within the family. Stunts their growth rates.

Ha, ha!

Why not?

I'm thinking the kids would've had down syndrome and the world would be screwed.

But yeah, the incest thing sure has been prominent in this series. They definitely stepped back from that in this one.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Chiming in to remind everyone that Kincaido x Cordelia is OTP. All other pairings are fake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom