• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the easiest way to get Chrom to marry Olivia?

Easiest would be to make sure Sumia, Sully, and Maribelle are all married off by the time you get to that chapter, move Chrom and Olivia to the upper right corner (where the 3 fort island is) have Chrom stand on one and have Olivia dance for him every turn. Have the rest of your army simply play defense guarding the island (honestly it's the best way to tackle mission 11).

mercviper

Easiest would be to make sure Sumia, Sully, and Maribelle are all married off by the time you get to that chapter, move Chrom and Olivia to the upper right corner (where the 3 fort island is) have Chrom stand on one and have Olivia dance for him every turn. Have the rest of your army simply play defense guarding the island (honestly it's the best way to tackle mission 11).

That sounds more like the best way. :/

While you're at it, dance Olivia to level 30 twice for super stats.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
If anyone is interested -

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-3DS-Handheld-Blue-w-Fire-Emlbelm-Awakening/23553898?ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=23553898&sourceid=1500000000000003142040&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0={matchtype}&wl1={network}&wl2={ifmobile:m}&wl3=21486607510&wl4={aceid}&wl5=pla&veh=sem?wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=13348943431309382338&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Available for in-store pick up site-to-store if you want to get your hands on the limited edition 3DS.

Saw my friends and it looks amazing in person, not to mention I am rather tired of my plain black one, so just ordered one for myself >.>

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What the fuck the paralogue child-recruiting levels are so brutal, enemies with silvers everywhere >_________>

Bleh, this makes it obvious that the mantra for this game is not: "Here's a lot of characters, pick anyone that you like anytime" but rather "Pick a group of 6 or 7 and stick with it"--barring overuse of DLC maps, I don't see how anyone can survive rotating their members in and out regularly.

Female Morgan is so adorable <3 <3 <3

Say, the convo for parents/children are not unique per different fathers/mothers yeah? (except maybe for Avatar/Chrom); I don't think IS will bother doing it instead of just swapping character portraits and names and such...

What the fuck the paralogue child-recruiting levels are so brutal, enemies with silvers everywhere >_________>

Bleh, this makes it obvious that the mantra for this game is not: "Here's a lot of characters, pick anyone that you like anytime" but rather "Pick a group of 6 or 7 and stick with it"--barring overuse of DLC maps, I don't see how anyone can survive rotating their members in and out regularly.

That's typically how it is in most FE games. You can "audition" as many units as you like but ultimately you'll have to stick with a core group of about 12 to take to the endgame.

Javier

Female Morgan is so adorable <3 <3 <3

Say, the convo for parents/children are not unique per different fathers/mothers yeah? (except maybe for Avatar/Chrom); I don't think IS will bother doing it instead of just swapping character portraits and names and such...
Sadly, yes. The Father/Child supports are all generic. All that changes is the way of talking of the father (Donny with country accent, Gregor in first person, etc.). Lucina/Mother is generic too.

And yes, Female Morgan is the cutest thing ever.

vareon

Sadly, yes. The Father/Child supports are all generic. All that changes is the way of talking of the father (Donny with country accent, Gregor in first person, etc.). Lucina/Mother is generic too.

And yes, Female Morgan is the cutest thing ever.

A damn good job if you ask me. Lucina/Mother stuff about all that shopping was convincing.

Speaking of Lucina supports, her wanting to know how their parents met feels quite off when her mother is either MU or Olivia. Like, I'm pretty sure everyone in the entire army knows about how they found MU and I'm sure Lucina was somewhere around when Olivia arrived.

Cranzor

I've been playing the game on normal and casual and haven't had much trouble at all. But I just spent about an hour and a half playing chapter 19 and I got completely destroyed. I really have no idea how I am supposed to beat this chapter. It seems impossible. Any tips? Am I missing something?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Game is starting to throw lots of characters at me, bit overwhelming, not sure who to use.

Use who you like. Every character is viable.

While it's true that every character is viable, it's good practice to just pick a core team of people you like and stick with it instead of changing it every now and then.

Except, of course, you have the EXPonential Growth and Golden Gaffe, then just go crazy hahaha.

Except Kellam.. I don't even know who I'm talking about.

Blasphemy. Kellam is awesome, especially if you reclass him as a Thief then Assassin. Speedy, tanky sword wielding badass.

While it's true that every character is viable, it's good practice to just pick a core team of people you like and stick with it instead of changing it every now and then.

Except, of course, you have the EXPonential Growth and Golden Gaffe, then just go crazy hahaha.

Blasphemy. Kellam is awesome, especially if you reclass him as a Thief then Assassin. Speedy, tanky sword wielding badass.

Assuming you aren't on Lunatic random encounters on the world map can do the same thing just not as efficiently.

Javier

We should also be getting some FE2 and FE6 characters among the DLC and new SpotPass team.

Can't believe I get so excited for localized names.

Cheska

I think I'm spending far too much time doing the EXP DLC, it's finally time for me to get back to the main game and finishing paralogues.

Which children pair ups/supports seem to be the best?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I think I'm spending far too much time doing the EXP DLC, it's finally time for me to get back to the main game and finishing paralogues.

Doesn't matter, pick the ones you like, I bet your team is a beast right now anyways hahaha.

Rarutos

We should also be getting some FE2 and FE6 characters among the DLC and new SpotPass team.

Can't believe I get so excited for localized names.

I don't think FE6 characters are in this DLC though? I thought this was only Archanea and Jugdral characters. O:

Edit: Oh wait, you mean we're getting the Binding Blade Spotpass team this week. My bad. Was it confirmed we were getting the team this week?

Cheska

Doesn't matter, pick the ones you like, I bet your team is a beast right now anyways hahaha.

LOL I'm tearing shit down with single characters on certain maps.

I'm sure there are some supports that are more interesting than others right? Ala parents status, how some supports end up getting you background information while others are about making pies?

General advice for that always seems to be

1. MEMU, Donny, and Gaius should pair with either Tharja, Nowi, or Sully so they can give their daughters access to Gale force if that is something that interest you. If you have a FEMU you have to sack one

2. Pair Chrom with Olivia and grind the heck out of Olivia to make Luciana and Inigio beast, or pair Chrom with FEMU for beast Luciana and Morgan

3. Pair MEMU or FEMU with a 2nd gen child to create an even more broken Morgan

Those are the only real strong opinions people have, I'd also suggest Gregor x Cherce and Henry x Maribelle but that's just my personal opinion.

Javier

I don't think FE6 characters are in this DLC though? I thought this was only Archanea and Jugdral characters. O:

Edit: Oh wait, you mean we're getting the Binding Blade Spotpass team this week. My bad. Was it confirmed we were getting the team this week?
Over at the official site, they have the future teams hidden in the source code, and according to that FE6 should be next.

LOL I'm tearing shit down with single characters on certain maps.

I'm sure there are some supports that are more interesting than others right? Ala parents status, how some supports end up getting you background information while others are about making pies?
Cordelia x Severa is adorable. Definitely my favorite Mother x Child.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
REPENT AND DESPAIR!!!

BLOOD AND THUNDER!!! Noire is probably my best kid, thanks to having Donnel as a father.

While we're on the subject of characters, I have to say Henry is my favorite out of them all. His morbid humor and out of touch with reality personality makes the most amusing conversations. I kind of want to grind out support with every possible character so I can laugh some more.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Well. Finally devised a strategy that worked on Lunatic ch 2, then the boss critical hits me.

That's super nice :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom