• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I'm tearing shit down with single characters on certain maps.

I'm sure there are some supports that are more interesting than others right? Ala parents status, how some supports end up getting you background information while others are about making pies?

There's nothing wrong with making pies!

Hero

If anyone is interested -

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-3DS-Handheld-Blue-w-Fire-Emlbelm-Awakening/23553898?ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=23553898&sourceid=1500000000000003142040&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0={matchtype}&wl1={network}&wl2={ifmobile:m}&wl3=21486607510&wl4={aceid}&wl5=pla&veh=sem?wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=13348943431309382338&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Available for in-store pick up site-to-store if you want to get your hands on the limited edition 3DS.

Saw my friends and it looks amazing in person, not to mention I am rather tired of my plain black one, so just ordered one for myself >.>

I want one just for collector's sake. I mean this has to be fairly rare, right?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I've reached the midway point of my hard/classic run and the difficulty has finally started to let up in difficulty. Also Donny hit lvl15 and is now a demigod of a mercenary.

So I've reached the midway point of my hard/classic run and the difficulty has finally started to let up in difficulty. Also Donny hit lvl15 and is now a demigod of a mercenary.

Keep an eye on his stats my Donny had everything but like res and magic capped at like level 17 unpromoted, no reason to waste levels that won't pay off much.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Keep an eye on his stats my Donny had everything but like res and magic capped at like level 17 unpromoted, no reason to waste levels that won't pay off much.

Yea, I'm planning on upping him at 10 instead of 20 since he's reclassed. Gotta say, he's looking pretty cool as a merc. Real heroic and whatnot, the pot works for him.

Forkball

So is there another way to recruit spotpass teams outside of buying them with gold? I'm seriously thinking about getting the Golden Gaffe DLC just so I can afford all these guys.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Lissa's birthday is today.

After that Yarne's on the 14th,
Gangrel
on the 16th, and Nah on the 29th, and that's all of March.

And I've got my avatar on Sunday ;)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Donnel is crazy.

I paired Olivia with her (married with each other) and send him away wiping out the map while the rest of the group chilling out drinking coffee.

ohlawd

So is there another way to recruit spotpass teams outside of buying them with gold? I'm seriously thinking about getting the Golden Gaffe DLC just so I can afford all these guys.

it says everytime that you can get them if you defeat them in a battle.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Donnel is crazy.

I paired Olivia with her (married with each other) and send him away wiping out the map while the rest of the group chilling out drinking coffee.

I have confirmed that Donnel is pretty much god. And the stats he passes down to his kiddo makes that character the son of god.

NeonZ

I have no idea how I got duped into a pie-making romance for what seemed like a canon pairing. Talk about a bait-and-switch. >:C

Can't wait for IS to pull a Radiant Dawn and suddenly confirm that Chrom/Sumia isn't canon next game.

You can only have 20 DLC/Bonus characters active in your party overall though. (You can store their data (stats/skills, but not equipment) in the logbook to avoid having to remove a character from your party and lose everything you've done with them though).

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I have confirmed that Donnel is pretty much god. And the stats he passes down to his kiddo makes that character the son of god.
So does that mean in my game Gerome is Jesus?
Pies are actually a metaphor.
500full.jpg

Forkball

How do I recruit
Gangrel
in Paralogue 18? I read that I have to talk to him three times but he keeps attacking me like an idiot my counters are just too epic.

Javier

Pair Up Donny with his child and they can pretty much solo the game.

In my Lunatic playthrough I did Donny x Cordelia and Dark Knight Severa is an absolute beast. Armthrift/Sol/Galeforce/Axebreaker/Lifetaker is such a deadly skill combo that she'll never break a weapon and gets to attack twice, so you can use her to Leif Blade spam. Sol and Lifetaker may look redundant, but it ensures her HP will never drop.

NeonZ

How do I recruit
Gangrel
in Paralogue 18? I read that I have to talk to him three times but he keeps attacking me like an idiot my counters are just too epic.

Doesn't he have a levin sword? Just give Chrom a one range weapon and give Spoiler some space to attack from range after talking.

Do supports change the ending much? I'm nearing the end of the game and debating whether to just plow on through or to grind out support and continue to play match maker with all the second gen characters.

Javier

Do supports change the ending much? I'm nearing the end of the game and debating whether to just plow on through or to grind out support and continue to play match maker with all the second gen characters.
The only real change is
married couples get paired endings while single characters get their normal endings.

Javier

Shits impossible. He either dies via counters or Chrom dies solo.
Are you in Hard or Lunatic? In Hard I had no problem tanking with a paired Chrom with Falchion equipped, since Spoiler will always attack from range.

Haven't reached that point in Lunatic, though.

I suppose you could try a couple of Rescue staff uses.

ultron87

I think all the battle animations look way better when you're holding down A to fast forward. Is there some way to make them just default to that?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Wait a minute...

You can hold A + Down on the Pad to fast-forward the text?

WHY AM I JUST FINDING OUT ABOUT THIS?!

I felt the same way when I figured out you can hold A when moving between map locations to go faster. After like sixty hours :(

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I have no idea how I got duped into a pie-making romance for what seemed like a canon pairing. Talk about a bait-and-switch. >:C

If anything I get the feeling FeMUxChrom is the closest thing to "canon"

You have the unique scene in (late game spoilers)
Chapter 21 when Lucina tries to kill you. If you're her mom (or husband in a Male MU run), you get unique dialogue).
That and without a male Morgan, female children outnumber the men.

Draxal

If anything I get the feeling FeMUxChrom is the closest thing to "canon"

You have the unique scene in (late game spoilers)
Chapter 21 when Lucina tries to kill you. If you're her mom (or husband in a Male MU run), you get unique dialogue).
That and without a male Morgan, female children outnumber the men.

Eh, you don't have one but TWO cgi's developed to hint Sumia's the canon mother like they do for Female Avatar, plus the whole Sumia and Chrom only have 4-5 limited pairings possible for them. Plus numerous cutscense with Sumia that serve no purpose at all beside showing that Sumia's attraction to Chrom ... that conveniently stops showing up when Lucina makes her presence.

And with a male Morgan, male children outnumber the women. It's 6/6 with Morgan being the 13th.

I mean there's not going to be any canon with this game (they don't want shipdom wars), so it's kind of an exercise in nothingness.

Ferrio

Banned
Fore some reason she has huge boobs compared to the other female characters.

Yep and she complains about her lack of assets in her support conversations... made no sense.

I was also sad when I reclassified her as a bow knight.. and she lost her assets.

How did you guys go about managing equipment, did you optimize or equip one at a time, I want to optimize like I usually do in these games but it puts too many weapons on each character, guess I have to do individually.

Soulhouf

Yep and she complains about her lack of assets in her support conversations... made no sense.

I was also sad when I reclassified her as a bow knight.. and she lost her assets.

Exactly.

How did you guys go about managing equipment, did you optimize or equip one at a time, I want to optimize like I usually do in these games but it puts too many weapons on each character, guess I have to do individually.

I found "optimize" not good at all with my playing style.
I did it once and had to re equip all my characters because the optimize screwed it up completely.

I would be great if there was something like "optimize with weapons < D rank and not more than 2 weapons per character" for example or "only use cheap weapons" and the most important "don't equip healing items".

So those Griffon Riders... I think if they want to use this class in future FE games, they should make some changes to them. Have them be their own promotion line, for starters. Like Griffon Rider -> Griffon Master or something. Oh, and give them bows. Flying archers would be fun.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So those Griffon Riders... I think if they want to use this class in future FE games, they should make some changes to them. Have them be their own promotion line, for starters. Like Griffon Rider -> Griffon Master or something. Oh, and give them bows. Flying archers would be fun.

They could make Bow Knights a base class and have them upgrade into Griffon Masters. It's not like Bow Knights are all that strong as it is.

Do we really need a third line of flying units though?

Happy Birthday Lissa!

Thanks for being an awesome sage and being the mother to the best male character in the game.

They need some useful skills as well.

Also if they bring them back, I demand the playable Soldier/Sentinal class comes back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom