• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the male children are crappy IMO. Can't see replacing any of the parents with them.

They're only bad if you recruit them the moment they are available which is doing it wrong (and crazy difficult). If you plan out what skills you past down the children characters should very quickly surpass the adults if you decide to use them.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So far up to Chapter 12, my favorite characters are as thus:

Male: Kellam. I find his shtick hilarious and he's all around a decent guy.
Female: Hmm.... Lissa I guess. She's so adorable, and her perkiness/positiveness is really nice to have around.

Next playthrough I guess I'll make the avatar marries her.

Who are your favorite ones, GAF?

TWILT

Banned
The male children are awesome. There are just some more awesome than others...
Don't mess with a bunny!

His foot's good luck.

Female: Hmm.... Lissa I guess. She's so adorable, and her perkiness/positiveness is really nice to have around.

Female: Cherche (<3), Sumia, Olivia, Tharja, Cordelia
Male: Lon'qu, Gaius, Virion, Owain, Inigo

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Owain is best male child character.

He became probably the most amazing for me as a Sniper with a Virion father. It's outstanding to have an usable archer.

I would say as their father's classes, General|Laurent and Great Knight|Inigo haven't been wowing me.

His dialogue just irritates me. My only archers are Noire and Virion.

Cordelia for life <3

Next run though I plan to have a FEMU and marry Chrom, after that I'll redo MEMU and marry Luciana and have Chrom marry Olivia. I really can't see any reason to Marry Chrom to Sully or Maribelle.

Marche90

^^I disagree. I still can't bring myself to like Yarne, for example.

Also, found this in Pixiv, and I HAD to share it. Too funny

B86TSAe.jpg

Poor Nah xD...

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
^ that's awesome haha. Poor Nah.

I can see people not liking Severa if they don't like tsunderes, but how can not like Lucina?!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

I actually like the majority of the characters, but to limit it a bit:

Men: Chrom, Lon'qu, Kellam, Gregor, Gerome, Owain, Brady

Women: Tharja, Morgan, Cherche, Lucina, Cynthia, Cordelia, Say'ri (wish she was more developed :( )

Characters I disliked: Miriel, Ricken, Donnel (he's a beast though), Yarne, Laurent

Above posts nailed it on Say'ri. I like her too but it's mostly because of her design and me always being a fan of female Myrimidons/Swordmasters.
When you compare her to all the other 1st gen female characters, who have supports with just about every other male 1st gen character and a kid... she got really screwed over. :(

Solune

Rally Love is aweosme, I can't wait to get access to Bride :>
I want Bride, but for other reasons.
not creepy at all!
I got my first FE Streetpass!! I passed a guy who played FE and one who didn't, so I get one actual opponent and one randomly generated one. I'm assuming the actual FE player is the one whose Streetpass team has an Assassin holding Arcthunder and the Grandmaster holding a Hammer.

Everything you'll ever need
You know considering in Vancouver the game was sold out everywhere and I've been to Chilliwack and back Which is like 100km out of town I haven't encountered a single Streetpass team.
The only lame children are Severa, Lucina, and Gerome.

Gerome definitely, Severa is the archetype that you love or hate, but Lucina? I had the Lucina x Cynthia support yesterday and it was pretty cute all around.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Lucina's too serious.
She should be more like her canonical sister, Cynthia.

I actually find Lucina more cool than charming. At least that's what her personality exudes. In all honesty I hate all the female children characters. They're too.... tropey.

Ok seriously, I think I need some tips for Chapter 2 on hard, it's been kicking my ass all of the times I've attempted it today D:

(At least I finally got to the bridge...)

Moonlight

Banned
You know considering in Vancouver the game was sold out everywhere and I've been to Chilliwack and back Which is like 100km out of town I haven't encountered a single Streetpass team.
The game's sold out in Vancouver?

...makes me feel all the more fortunate that I managed to get it when I did, haha. Although I haven't been running into as close to as many StreetPass problems as you. It seems like every time I make my commute, I'm picking up different StreetPass teams.

Which part are you dying on specifically.

First it was the enemies before the bridge rushing me and killing at least one character, but then I got past that (barely) and fully healed everyone with a combination of Lissa and the fortresses. After that it's always the damn fighter after the bridge that kills someone =__=

I don't get the Inigo haters. He's awesome...
Lucina's too serious.
She should be more like her canonical sister, Cynthia.
Wrong, Morgan is her canonical brother. Them's the breaks.

Just finished Ch21. Robin x Chrom really gives this barebones plot some weight!

Andrew J.

I actually find Lucina more cool than charming. At least that's what her personality exudes. In all honesty I hate all the female children characters. They're too.... tropey.

I agree with you about most of them, but I think Nah is relatively complex and layered.

Saprol

I guess I'm glad my EBGames bugged me about preordering this. I figured it'd be okay just reserving NnK and EOIV because they wouldn't likely show up on the shelves.

Does FE StreetPass work if you aren't in the game? I haven't been taking my 3DS on commutes and if I do, I usually kill the wireless to save battery.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I've got a 6 man army of Swordmasters & Assassins that are kicking ass. After some reclassing, soon they will all have both Astra and Lethiality. Owain and Inigo could have been gods if I had bred Galeforce onto them, but they are plenty good as it is. I'll breed gods whenever I attempt a Lunatic run.

Solune

The game's sold out in Vancouver?

...makes me feel all the more fortunate that I managed to get it when I did, haha. Although I haven't been running into as close to as many StreetPass problems as you. It seems like every time I make my commute, I'm picking up different StreetPass teams.
The game was difficult to find as far as I know. There was quite a buzz about where to get it in the CDN Gaming Deals thread during release week. It's really strange I go out to the North Shore or to Crescent Beach but haven't encountered any, though I don't take the bus so perhaps I'm not in range for data exchange.
I just want to make Cordelia mai waifu for real.
If I could rename characters I'd definitely pair you two. Though I guess Moonlight has you covered already.
I guess I'm glad my EBGames bugged me about preordering this. I figured it'd be okay just reserving NnK and EOIV because they wouldn't likely show up on the shelves.

Does FE StreetPass work if you aren't in the game? I haven't been taking my 3DS on commutes and if I do, I usually kill the wireless to save battery.
I didn't get bugged by EB and I didn't get the artbook since I had to go after work to grab it, should've had a friend do it for me. So be happy if you got both!

Yup, the game actually tells you that it will be active regardless of whether the game is in use or not.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Finally beat the game! Looking forward to them dlc and the rest of the spotpass maps.
I like how the spotpass characters have epilogues, looking forward to seeing the rest

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Just started my second playthrough. Goddamn, only 4 chapters and already 1 character down (Myriel).

Why is it that, sometimes, the pink that represents the range of enemy attack sometimes extends/becomes larger if you move a character?

johnsmith

remember me
Just started my second playthrough. Goddamn, only 4 chapters and already 1 character down (Myriel).

Why is it that, sometimes, the pink that represents the range of enemy attack sometimes extends/becomes larger if you move a character?

Because enemies can't walk through your units, so moving will open up spaces that were blocked before.

Moonlight

Banned

I'm a fan of a great deal of the game's cast, though as for favourites?

Men:

1. Chrom: There's not much to say about him, really. He's one of the most well rounded characters in the game, not just as a unit, but as a personality. While I don't really think his supports are (as a rule) all that great, he's just intensely likable, and it's really not at all a hard sell the kind of loyalty he inspires in his troops. And well, in much plainer terms, he's the ultimate bro. Every time MU starts going on about self-sacrifice, he's there to tell fate to shove it.
  2. Owain: Easily my favourite male child character. I think Owain manages to get away with so much because he's entirely self-aware about the ridiculous, overconfident hero persona he puts on. He's at his funniest whenever he comes out of character. The game recognizes that he's being silly whenever he goes on about his 'sword hand', or his self-aggrandizing stories, or his ego, and... so does he, really. It's what makes the whole thing work, he's a big kid who doesn't want to forget he's a little one, and it makes for a really entertaining dynamic.
  3. Lon'qu:
    It's amazing how much a single support can do for a character. I liked Lon'qu for a while. He had amusing supports, a godsend in the early game (I made sure to stretch out that Killing Edge as long as possible, though), and one of the cooler character designs. Only when I actually started Lon'qu's support with Cherche did he go from a cool, occasionally funny character, to... one of the deeper characters in the game. I love it when supports start exploring character's backgrounds, and Lon'qu's reason for being so afraid to get close to women is... surprisingly tragic. It definitely colours all his later supports, and actually put him over the top for me in my appreciation for him, relative to the other male characters.
  4. Inigo: I dunno, I just like Inigo. His father was Libra, and that didn't exactly make for especially good stat gains or skill inheritances (although Inigo's father support makes a lot of sense with him), but the schadenfreude at his expense throughout his supports was always worth a good laugh, and I found his wannabe lady killer personality pretty hysterical. I'll admit, though, it's kinda jarring how he declares his love to Morgan (in my game, anyways, although why wouldn't you do Inigo/Morgan?) and then you do the rest of his supports and he's still flirting endlessly with women to no avail. I might have considered putting him a bit higher but, uh, his support with his mom, Olivia, is... kinda creepy?

Women:

1. Anna: Going by my avatar, there's really no way you couldn't expect this. Anna is my favourite character in the game. I think I'm fond of the whole twist on RPG shop merchants in general, which probably lent some bias towards her, but she's incredibly likable (and perhaps one of the funniest characters in the game) all the same. I just wish that she had far more supports than she did, because it just feels like a lot of wasted potential - especially when the few supports she does have (particularly her Tiki support, more on her later) are absolutely some of the best in the game. I don't think she's an exceptionally deep character, but she's definitely one of the most entertaining. I know a lot of people had trouble keeping her (or her sister, same difference) alive in the Paralogues, especially on Hard, but for me, she was dodging guys like it wasn't even a thing.
  2. Morgan: I think it's pretty easy to go wrong with the whole amnesiac premise - that is to say that it opens the door for a lot of existential angst that the plot is generally unequipped for, and I'm pretty happy to say that Morgan (female Morgan, anyways) bucks such expectations quite admirably. She's just an incredibly endearing character, and her disposition is infectious. It helps that she has some of the absolute funniest, sweetest, and best supports in the game. Her A-Rank support event with Brady absolutely killed me. It's worth mentioning what a total goddamn monster she is in the game, too. She's practically a force of nature.
  3. Lucina: I really cannot see why anyone wouldn't like Lucina. As a unit, she's almost as scary as Morgan in her growth rates and her stats, she's a pretty grim character, all things considered, although given her situation, it's pretty easy to understand - she's pretty much the only one (besides maybe Gerome) that puts any sort of gravity into the dark future. She overextends herself, trains herself, prepares herself to, well, 'challenge her fate', and yet one of the simplest, yet most endearing moments in the game come from her indulging in shopping for clothes at the market. You wind up with a pretty well rounded, well motivated, cool character, and the game gives her the means and stats to back that up.
  4. Tiki: Her mission was probably one of the most irritating in the game - that is, until I figured out the trick, but the frustration before that realization was completely worth it, because Tiki is amazing. Aside from having one of the absolute best character designs in the game, she's a really neat perspective to the story, and her theme easily counts as among the best in the game. Much like Anna, that she lacks so many supports is truly one of this game's biggest tragedies.
  5. Cynthia: Apparently Cynthia isn't that popular? I dunno why, I thought she was pretty great. I mean, certainly as a unit, particularly with Chrom as her father, she's quite brilliant. I was freaking out a bit over a flying unit with Aether, and by the end of the game (with a 49% chance of activation thanks to her skill), she was triggering it like mad. Anyways, I'm quite fond of her, she easily has some of the best battle quotes in the game ("TOO SLOW, BRO", "THIS IS THE END, FRIEND", and, of course, her little victory tune) and I really liked all her supports. She's a really earnest, idealistic character and her supports reflect that. I especially really liked how hers and Owain's definition of 'hero' came into conflict in their support. What can I say, I like her.
  6. Cordelia: Between the first generation characters, I expect it'd have been a hard toss-up between her and Tharja if Anna didn't come into the picture as she did. I don't think there can be any doubt she has the best character design in the game, though, and I love a great deal of her support conversations. Kincaido has good taste.
  7. Tharja: I'm gonna spare everyone a bunch of words because everyone knows why Tharja rocks. Instead, I give you this.

I liked a lot more of the female characters (I would've added Lissa and Say'ri, but the list was dragging and Say'ri only has like two supports), and I'm not sure what that says about me.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Awwwwwwwwww I beat it. Left the DLC paralogues for after, though, they feel better that way.

Nah was 100% maxed out at the end, I used her to tank wave upon wave of endless goons. Sure made my life easier there.

What a fuckin soundtrack, this game. Nintendo has been knocking it out of the PARK with 3DS soundtracks. Live up to this system's greatness, Wu!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is there a way to uh..... cut back the vocalized quips during conversations? The frequency of it and how often it disconnects with what's actually being talked about are kind of jarring :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom