• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Finally beat it. Tharja's epilogue for me was amusing
Working in an orphanage with Libra. Being Tsundere with the kids.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm a fan of a great deal of the game's cast, though as for favourites?

Men:

1. Chrom: There's not much to say about him, really. He's one of the most well rounded characters in the game, not just as a unit, but as a personality. While I don't really think his supports are (as a rule) all that great, he's just intensely likable, and it's really not at all a hard sell the kind of loyalty he inspires in his troops. And well, in much plainer terms, he's the ultimate bro. Every time MU starts going on about self-sacrifice, he's there to tell fate to shove it.
  2. Owain: Easily my favourite male child character. I think Owain manages to get away with so much because he's entirely self-aware about the ridiculous, overconfident hero persona he puts on. He's at his funniest whenever he comes out of character. The game recognizes that he's being silly whenever he goes on about his 'sword hand', or his self-aggrandizing stories, or his ego, and... so does he, really. It's what makes the whole thing work, he's a big kid who doesn't want to forget he's a little one, and it makes for a really entertaining dynamic.
  3. Lon'qu: It's amazing how much a single support can do for a character. I liked Lon'qu for a while. He had amusing supports, a godsend in the early game (I made sure to stretch out that Killing Edge as long as possible, though), and one of the cooler character designs. Only when I actually started Lon'qu's support with Cherche did he go from a cool, occasionally funny character, to... one of the deeper characters in the game. I love it when supports start exploring character's backgrounds, and Lon'qu's reason for being so afraid to get close to women is... surprisingly tragic. It definitely colours all his later supports, and actually put him over the top for me in my appreciation for him, relative to the other male characters.
  4. Inigo: I dunno, I just like Inigo. His father was Libra, and that didn't exactly make for especially good stat gains or skill inheritances (although Inigo's father support makes a lot of sense with him), but the schadenfreude at his expense throughout his supports was always worth a good laugh, and I found his wannabe lady killer personality pretty hysterical. I'll admit, though, it's kinda jarring how he declares his love to Morgan (in my game, anyways, although why wouldn't you do Inigo/Morgan?) and then you do the rest of his supports and he's still flirting endlessly with women to no avail. I might have considered putting him a bit higher but, uh, his support with his mom, Olivia, is... kinda creepy?
Do not forget Gregor! Gregor no run-of-the-miller guy, yes?

My avatar just maxed out tactician (I have her on the magic path). Should I promote her to grandmaster? I was thinking of doing a second seal change to dark mage or something. What do you guys think? (Hard mode, fwiw)

My avatar just maxed out tactician (I have her on the magic path). Should I promote her to grandmaster? I was thinking of doing a second seal change to dark mage or something. What do you guys think? (Hard mode, fwiw)

Promote to grand master. It's not worth it to reclass to another base class, reclass to another promoted class once you reach level 15 in grandmaster.

NeonZ

Reclassing to another base class can work if you're still on level 10, but, yes, if you've already hit 20 then you should just promote.

So the paralogues' numbers does not indicate their difficulty? Paralogue 9 killed me while I can manage Paralogue 10.

Correct. Their numbers and positions in the map have nothing to do with their difficulty.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Lon'qu: It's amazing how much a single support can do for a character. I liked Lon'qu for a while. He had amusing supports, a godsend in the early game (I made sure to stretch out that Killing Edge as long as possible, though), and one of the cooler character designs. Only when I actually started Lon'qu's support with Cherche did he go from a cool, occasionally funny character, to... one of the deeper characters in the game. I love it when supports start exploring character's backgrounds, and Lon'qu's reason for being so afraid to get close to women is... surprisingly tragic. It definitely colours all his later supports, and actually put him over the top for me in my appreciation for him, relative to the other male characters.

Tales of the Abyss ruined gynophobia for me. Until there's a game that can make the explanation as crazy as the reason for Guy's gynophobia, I'll fail to be impressed.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
If I could rename characters I'd definitely pair you two. Though I guess Moonlight has you covered already.

You are both true bros. Gonna make a save with each of your names and import you both to my main save some time in the future.

image.php

Feels nice being avatar quoted from the person that made my avatar haha.

zroid

Banned
This game stresses me out so much, lol. Fire Emblem and the new Brain Age are together wreaking havoc on my mental well-being. :(

This game stresses me out so much, lol. Fire Emblem and the new Brain Age are together wreaking havoc on my mental well-being. :(

It sounds like your mind is in a fragile state, may I suggest playing though 999/VLR now so that you can complete your decent into madness enlightenment?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
For people who finished the second-to-last level:
anyone else think Chrom's powered-up Falchion is a total Monado ripoff? :D

Forkball

I finally beat it. Incredible game. Though someone explain the ending, how the hell
did I come back?
. Also is the final chapter infinitely repeatable? Now to spend the next decade recruiting everyone.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I finally beat it. Incredible game. Though someone explain the ending, how the hell
did I come back?
. Also is the final chapter infinitely repeatable? Now to spend the next decade recruiting everyone.

Your bonds with your friends were strong enough to let you survive. You did it! It's the power of love, man. Etc.

Yeah you can replay it as much as you'd like.

Soulhouf

How do you get rid of the risen on the world map?
They are blocking access to shops and they are everywhere.
I'm playing Lunatic mode and fighting them is impossible. They are all maxed out units with upgraded silver weapons and they one shot my units so easily.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
How do you get rid of the risen on the world map?
They are blocking access to shops and they are everywhere.
I'm playing Lunatic mode and fighting them is impossible (they are all maxed out units with upgraded silver weapons).

Wait.

Or mess with your system clock. They spawn based upon real-world time.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Just started a Lunatic/Classic file. First level up for my avatar increased everything but luck (my flaw). Feels good.

And boss critical hits me. Feels bad.

Draxal

Well, Lost Bloodlines 2 (with new class Dread Fighter) is finally confirmed for this Thursday.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....150955828309750.40686.149152295156770&type=1

It seems like it's the only DLC they'll be uploading though, so we seemingly are getting a schedule of one DLC chapter per week.

It's still stupid, the dlc isn't strong enough to captivate the attention for that long of a period of a time, especially with the deluge of games coming out in March.

Severa is such a jerk to Owain, my goodness. At least she apologizes eventually, though. Still haven't seen their S rank conversation.

Even on a second run, Owain is still my favorite character. I just love his personality. He doesn't look as cool with black hair though (Lon'qu is his dad this time, last time it was Vaike).

Draxal

Severa is such a jerk to Owain, my goodness. At least she apologizes eventually, though. Still haven't seen their S rank conversation.

Even on a second run, Owain is still my favorite character. I just love his personality. He doesn't look as cool with black hair though (Lon'qu is his dad this time, last time it was Vaike).

Owain/Severa is my favorite couple, because the S rank totally turns everything around.

Draxal

Nice, I have something to look forward to then. That B conversation was harsh, haha.

Yeah, that evisceration was so brutal (She's pretty mean to Cynthia too, but I haven't gotten past a C with that) that it made me crack up.

I honestly like the second generation males, the galeforce trio(owain/brady/inigo), are probably my fav male characters after Chrom. Owain's the best when he acts out of character.

I just really hated the grind getting galeforce on those 3 kids, it really ruined the difficulty curve of the game for me.

I just really hated the grind getting galeforce on those 3 kids, it really ruined the difficulty curve of the game for me.
I'm 40 hours into my second run and I still have never seen galeforce on a character. I know how to get it but I honestly just don't care much about the "best" skills, and when it comes to passing down skills to the children I just pick from the best ones I have available. If I did what you're talking about I don't think I would enjoy the game at all, it would be completely broken.

Draxal

I'm 40 hours into my second run and I still have never seen galeforce on a character. I know how to get it but I honestly just don't care much about the "best" skills, and when it comes to passing down skills to the children I just pick from the best ones I have available. If I did what you're talking about I don't think I would enjoy the game at all, it would be completely broken.

It's such an absurdly broken skill especially in combination with rescue staves, and with the harder dlc coming out eventually. I had no inclination of making a second perfect save for that dlc.

At what point should I start using Master Seals on my party? I've already upgraded Chrom and my Avatar, but I have yet to do the same on everyone else. My main characters are all above level 10 (and I'm about to start Chapter 11).

Also, Chrom only has a C relationship with each of my female characters. Will his spouse be chosen at random, then?

Draxal

At what point should I start using Master Seals on my party? I've already upgraded Chrom and my Avatar, but I have yet to do the same on everyone else. My main characters are all above level 10 (and I'm about to start Chapter 11).

Also, Chrom only has a C relationship with each of my female characters. Will his spouse be chosen at random, then?

If you're not second sealing, do it at 20.

It goes in order Sumia/Maribelle/Sully/Olivia/female avatar if you have supports in that range. If you had no supports had all, Village girl is also a possibility.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

All else being equal, it goes in order of preference like this. Sumia > Maribelle > Sully > Olivia > Female MU. So if they are all truly equal (which even a handful of supports more will give someone the the edge and be picked), Sumia will be chosen.

If you want to mix-max, go with Sumia. Maribelle is terrible, and Sully limits class options a lot. Olivia is slightly better than Sumia, but the only way to get her is to avoid any supports with Chrom and the above women, and then support grind the hell between the two in chapter 11 when she shows up. Since you're already C its too late for that.

Sumia > Sully > Maribelle > Olivia > FEMU

That's how the game will prioritize in case of a tie

Edit: Beaten so hard

I'm a fan of a great deal of the game's cast, though as for favourites?

Men:

1. Lon'qu: It's amazing how much a single support can do for a character. I liked Lon'qu for a while. He had amusing supports, a godsend in the early game (I made sure to stretch out that Killing Edge as long as possible, though), and one of the cooler character designs. Only when I actually started Lon'qu's support with Cherche did he go from a cool, occasionally funny character, to... one of the deeper characters in the game. I love it when supports start exploring character's backgrounds, and Lon'qu's reason for being so afraid to get close to women is... surprisingly tragic. It definitely colours all his later supports, and actually put him over the top for me in my appreciation for him, relative to the other male characters.

1. Mind spoiling the reason? I hooked up Lon'qu with Sully. Guy who is afraid of chicks with a bad ass warrior woman, figured it was a match made in heaven.

Draxal

All else being equal, it goes in order of preference like this. Sumia > Maribelle > Sully > Olivia > Female MU. So if they are all truly equal (which even a handful of supports more will give someone the the edge and be picked), Sumia will be chosen.

If you want to mix-max, go with Sumia. Maribelle is terrible, and Sully limits class options a lot. Olivia is slightly better than Sumia, but the only way to get her is to avoid any supports with Chrom and the above women, and then support grind the hell between the two in chapter 11 when she shows up. Since you're already C its too late for that.

Well, technically he could marry them off to other characters, to get Olivia.

zroid

Banned

Olivia is slightly better than Sumia, but the only way to get her is to avoid any supports with Chrom and the above women, and then support grind the hell between the two in chapter 11 when she shows up. Since you're already C its too late for that.

Not necessarily. You can still marry off the other three before Chapter 11.

edit: well I noticed you said you're about to start it, so you'd have to do some grinding then. Your call!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Well, technically he could marry them off to other characters, to get Olivia.

Depending on the direction you want to take the child characters, that may not be possible for all of them though, with certain characters not being around yet (Only Henry really but yah)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm trying to preplan supports and have an odd man out. Cherche needs a husband and it's either Kellem or Gauis. I think I like Kellem better so I'm leaning towards him. What do you guys think?

TWILT

Banned
Well, Lost Bloodlines 2 (with new class Dread Fighter) is finally confirmed for this Thursday.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....150955828309750.40686.149152295156770&type=1

It seems like it's the only DLC they'll be uploading though, so we seemingly are getting a schedule of one DLC chapter per week.

Well, it's nice to know I can finally continue this playthrough this Thursday when I change my avatar to a Dread Fighter at least.
Cynthia should marry Gerome, and Owain should marry Severa.

It's the only way things should be.
I had Cynthia marry Inigo lol. OwainXSevera is right though.

I'm trying to preplan supports and have an odd man out. Cherche needs a husband and it's either Kellem or Gauis. I think I like Kellem better so I'm leaning towards him. What do you guys think?
Gaius.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Seeing as how you said preplanning I'm assuming nothing is set in stone, Gaius is much better with someone like Sully or Thraja so their children have access to Galeforce.

Assuming you're not too interested in that, Gaius would be better for Cherche.

If you're not second sealing, do it at 20.

It goes in order Sumia/Maribelle/Sully/Olivia/female avatar if you have supports in that range. If you had no supports had all, Village girl is also a possibility.

Thanks, everyone. Unfortunately I never used Sumia or Maribelle, so I think it'll go to Sully? That's rather disappointing because I thought she'd make a more interesting spouse with some of my other characters.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Thanks, everyone. Unfortunately I never used Sumia or Maribelle, so I think it'll go to Sully? That's rather disappointing because I thought she'd make a more interesting spouse with some of my other characters.

Grind support between her and one of those other characters then! Risen map fights, bonus box spawns, whatever it takes. Get her married before Chrom forces her into indentured servitude, and you're good.

massoluk

Banned
Gaius > Kellam.

I'll be dissenting opinion.

Gerome is WEAK. He can't take a hit. I think he'd benefit from Kellam indestructible defense/skills. Gerome never lacked of offensive power to begin with. Kellam is total OP bastard in my game. Right now he's Trickster after having graduated from General School of business to get more RES. He looks absurdly ridiculous in trickster outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom