• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
So happy I preordered and paid this game off almost 2 months ago. Went into Gamestop and I guess they aren't even taking preorders now. So glad to see the reviews coming in so positively though. My body is ready and I got Monday-Wednesday off just for this!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Will Awakening be available on the eShop Sunday morning (12:01 AM)? I'm strongly considering canceling my retail pre-order because having this game on my system at all times seems like a major plus.

Edit: also, does FE:A have more then one save slot?

As much as I don't want to burst that bubble, it just seems unrealistic. :(

DQVII isn't even out yet in Japan, and their "crunch" for Project X was back in November.

Yeah... I think the most likely time to see it announced would be in a future Nintendo Direct. The last one gave us a Fire Emblem/Shin Megami Tensei crossover after all.

Skiesofwonder

this game actually releases on Monday, not Sunday :eek:

Wait what? I just assumed Nintendo was following their usual Sunday schedule.

Is this a Nintendo release schedule change in general or is that just something specific for FE:A?

zroid

Banned
Monday is usually their "alternate" -- typically for smaller or budget titles. I think they'd have gone with Sunday for Fire Emblem under most circumstances, but they pushed it back to not overlap with the Superbowl.

I went to Gamestop today and they said they weren't even selling it until Tuesday.

:|

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
this game actually releases on Monday, not Sunday :eek:

Newegg says Tuesday for some reason. Preordered there since the shipping should be faster than Amazon. Especially if it ships from Tennessee, though it will probably come from CA and take 4 days despite "3 day shipping" as usual.

As long as I don't miss the free DLC. Speaking of which, I guess we still don't have any word as to how pricing is going to go.

Skiesofwonder

Monday is usually their "alternate" -- typically for smaller or budget titles. I think they'd have gone with Sunday for Fire Emblem under most circumstances, but they pushed it back to not overlap with the Superbowl.

:|

Makes sense, especially the Super Bowl angle.

Still stinks though. :/

Amazon still saying they might not be able to deliver it because of production problems. They list the same issue with other Nintendo releases. Might have to hit retail for this one.

CSX

Just wondering, how fast is the downloading from Nintendo eshop under heavy load?

I'm sticking to my pre-order. Need to know for potential future online purchases

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Up to Chapter 6 now. The last side mission was tough to say the least, but once I broke through the front line, it was easy sailing. It just took half a dozen tries.

Midou

Awakening has that, but only in Casual Mode I believe. It's more like in Radiant Dawn where you can choose to do it wherever as opposed to a particular point on a map.

I don't think the maps are supposed to be quite Radiant Dawn length though, so it probably won't be too bad.

Okay, Fire Emblem veterans. I believe nows a good time as any to start grumbling:
*murmer* I liked Fire Emblem before it became cool!
484grumpy11.gif
=P
Seems the game's doing well though, which is encouraging, would almost thought Nintendo left Fire Emblem to die in the west, after the last game was not localised.

Don't mind my ramblings if I come back on to the thread XD; I have reasons to be extra grumpy lol, European gamer here XD, where's our release date NoE T_T? Somewhere in April is not good enough, they're laughing at us by giving a release date for "Dr Kawashima’s Devilish Brain Training: Can you stay focused?" (Man what's with that name XD) and no FE update ='(

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Okay, Fire Emblem veterans. I believe nows a good time as any to start grumbling:

Seems the game's doing well though, which is encouraging, would almost thought Nintendo left Fire Emblem to die in the west, after the last game was not localised.

Don't mind my ramblings if I come back on to the thread XD; I have reasons to be extra grumpy lol, European gamer here XD, where's our release date NoE T_T? Somewhere in April is not good enough, they're laughing at us by giving a release date for "Dr Kawashima’s Devilish Brain Training: Can you stay focused?" (Man what's with that name XD) and no FE update ='(

Well, Shadow Dragon was so ill received (rightly so with any nostalgia for the original game in the west) that it wasn't that big of a surprise. I would have preferred Heroes of Light and Shadow make it over, but I understand why it didn't.

A shame that it seems they axed the one really good thing about those games, the WiFi Vs. battles.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Part of the game's hook is that you can grind to your heart's content and get max stats for everyone. This really kills the competitive aspect for online play.

Wasn't that happening in Shadow Dragon at any rate? If you started a playthrough for the purposes of building a team, you'd pretty much be focused on a small group of characters capping out a lot of their stats. Now it would just be 'easy' to do it.

Wait why would they have been cagey at all about saying 8-4 localized the game, especially this close to release? Why wouldn't they have talked about this on the podcast?

Seems to me it would have been better (for sales) to have them at least mention it (if not shamelessly plug it) like, weeks ago? Dat 8-4 bump.

cjkeats

I get 5-7 passes a day on my Uni campus. No one else with the game yet, but once it's officially released I'm hoping some of them will get it.

creid

That's referring to the paralogues (sidequest chapters), which are indeed one time only. As said before, the game also gives you random battles on the world map that never cease to appear as you play through the game, so you've got those too.

Seems really strange for them to say you "have to budget [...] the experience points available in them" if there is really an unlimited amount of experience points available through the world map battles.

Kenai

Just to be clear, all this broken street date talk is still Canada, right?

My local Gamestop (Indy) said they'd have given me mine but they don't have any copies, and recommended calling to check every morning this week since they might get more at any time. I'm annoyed but not going to make a fuss since it is technically early. The problem is that if you didn't preorder it already, chances are they are going to hold it until next week to make sure all of those preorders are met, with the whole supply not meeting demand thing.

If they don't have my copy or my artbook on the official release date I'll be pretty pissed, but at least I can EShop it at that point.

Chrom

Wasn't that happening in Shadow Dragon at any rate? If you started a playthrough for the purposes of building a team, you'd pretty much be focused on a small group of characters capping out a lot of their stats. Now it would just be 'easy' to do it.

Well, people were hacking the game for max stats and other benefits anyway.

Regardless, building a team in Shadow Dragon was still luck based and finite, where as training your units in this game has opportunities that would eventually max out your characters with certainty. So yes, you can say that it's now easy to just make your characters overpowered but I think that would be the justification as to why they may have not wanted to implement an online play component.

Mr. Fix

Up to Chapter 8 (+ 2 side chapters finished), at 7 hours on Hard - Classic and with animations turned off for half the chapters (I had to reset some, so I turn them off the 2nd + time). This also excludes all the restarting, but my log says 11 hours so far.

Also, I finally got Sully and Virion at an S rank. The scene is quite touching (and hilarious), especially with the theme they play in the background.

Koodo

Banned
Miriel is a bad bitch. I am SCREAMING at her support dialogue, especially with Kellam.

She's a bit of a dud in battle though, unfortunately.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Miriel is a bad bitch. I am SCREAMING at her support dialogue, especially with Kellam.

She's a bit of a dud in battle though, unfortunately.

I've had good luck with her in battle so far and some good level ups. Now that she has competition on my team though, she might start to fall back. Her support conversations have all been hilarious however.

massoluk

Banned
I'm hesitating between eshop or physical, but I'm leaning toward physical copy. Eshop's convenient factor is big, but unlike Pushmo, Mario Kart 7 or Animal Crossing's casual playing, losing progress due to some system screwing up may hit me more with with Fire Emblem attachment to characters.

Dunno if this is the experience anyone else on the west coast has had so far, but I've been calling around local Gamestops and they all treat me like I'm trying to pull one over on them when I ask about the street date.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So, difficulties. I know it says "hard" is for series vets, and "normal" is for first-timers, but what I'm looking for is basically a difficulty that is equal to what I played in the previous games. I never chose a hard mode in any of those, just the normal default. The GBA and GCN/Wii games, specifically. Is the normal mode in Awakening supposed to be a lot easier than those or something? I played the demo on hard and noticed that my hit ratio seemed to always be a little low, and that's not really something that I'm particularly interested in subjecting myself to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom