• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
assalam is hotter. and funnier.

God help you if you romanced Asalam and lose the only innkeeper in Gran Soren. Totally broke your game, and the game never explicity asks you "do you want to romance Asalam and ruin your game until NG+?"...point is, I like FE:A's system a lot better than DD's, even given its foibles.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Anyone up for some marriage comparisons? I find it interesting to see who other people end up pairing up in their game.

Sure. I did:

Chrom x Sumia
Lon'qu x Cordelia
Kellam x Olivia
Donnel x Nowi
Gregor x Panne
Ricken x Miriel
Stahl x Cherche
Gauis x Sully
Henry x Maribelle
Vaike x Lissa

Didn't actually get around to pairing off any of the kids in that playthrough, but was leaning toward Morgan x Owain and...that's about it lol.

God help you if you romanced Asalam and lose the only innkeeper in Gran Soren. Totally broke your game, and the game never explicity asks you "do you want to romance Asalam and ruin your game until NG+?"...point is, I like FE:A's system a lot better than DD's, even given its foibles.

the system is better, but that's not very hard to accomplish if you compare it to DD. it's barely acknowledged in DD in its current state. it's not more than a comedic factor.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
She's a jerk, that's what she is. I can only imagine people who like Morgan(F) are people who also like jerks like Severa.

Who is terrible.
But her class sets are ridiculously good so I grudgingly field her.

Did you just call my daughters jerks?!

Anyone up for some marriage comparisons? I find it interesting to see who other people end up pairing up in their game.

Chrom x Sumia
Cordelia x Lon'qu
Olivia x Kellam
Cherche x Gregor
Tharja x Henry
Lissa x Ricken
Miriel x Vaike (Laurent is a crit monster, it's amazing)
Maribelle x Gaius
Panne x Virion
Nowi x Donnel
Sully x Stahl

I haven't paired any kids yet, though I'm leaning towards Gerome x Severa since I paired them up in his recruitment chapter and she guarded him about 10 times in a row. If that isn't devotion I don't know what is.

Moonlight

Banned
Frederick x Cordelia
Lon'qu x Panne
Chrom x Sumia
Cherche x Virion
Sully x Stahl
Nowi x Gregor
Olivia x Libra
Tharja x Henry
Donnel x Maribelle
Lissa x Gaius
Vaike x Miriel
Morgan x Inigo
Cynthia x Brady
Lucina x Gerome
Owain x Severa
Laurent x Noire (I regret it, but there wasn't many other options by the time I got around to picking an S-Rank for Noire)
Nah x Yarne

The children marriage supports are almost all better than pretty much any of the first generation supports, mostly because no one is under any obligation to explicitly marry and thus avoid the absurdity of the escalation to engagement rings.

PBalfredo

Chrom x Sully: Felt this was a better pairing than Chrom x pies. Sully was lacking in areas outside of speed and skill, so I decided to go with it and maker her a Swordmaster. So Kjelle has Astra, which is pretty hilarious.
Avatar x Lucina: Lucy's so awesome, how could I not. Now Morgan has Aether and cleans house with it and Ignis.
Lon'qu X Panne: Just wanted to pair the guy terrified of women with one of the most intimidating women.
Kellam x Maribelle: This was sort of a case of pair the spares, but I liked how Kellam seemed to win Maribelle's respect with his honesty and determination, despite his low origins.
Donnel x Cordelia: I knew Donnel was on the fast track to greatness and it fel appropriate that he would surpass his lowly origins and marry the perfect woman. Cordelia passed down Galeforce and now Severa is an absolutely beastly unit. The downside is that it's Severa.
Gregor x Cherche: These two are good with anyone and great with each other. I made Gregor a barbarian, because I felt it was appropriate that he try to always get some gold. He passed pillage to Gerome, which adds new meaning to his bandit mask.
Ricken x Nowi: I needed a pairing for Nowi that wouldn't get landed on Dateline.
Gauis x Lissa: The two seemed to have good chemistry. Though I missed the opportunity to pass Lethality to Owain. Oops.
Henry x Sumia: A Sumia support that doesn't involve tripping or pies?! Hade to go with it for that reason alone. Bonus that Henry is hilarious as ever, and their A support was golden.
Fred x Miriel: These two tightwads deserve each other :p
Virion x Olivia: With how Indigo is, this only seemed natural.
Libra x Tharja: Dat light/dark dichotomy. I probably could of done better with Tharja, but I was getting low on eligible bachelors.

Stahl x Vaike bachelor odd couple

Still feeling out Gen 2

TWILT

Banned

Let's see, this playthrough I went with...

Chrom x Sumia
Gaius x Olivia
Virion x Tharja
Lon'qu x Cordelia
Miriel x Henry
Kellam x Sully
Stahl x Lissa
Gregor x Panne
Maribelle x Ricken
Nowi x Donnl

Haven't paired up the kids yet this playthrough. Probably gonna try something different from my old playthrough.

Pretty much used everyone at least once this playthrough (including the ones that I couldn't marry like Anna, Tiki, Say'ri, etc.) The only one I didn't use was, uh, Vaike for some reason...

Tyeforce

And in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Sonic kisses a human girl. Games have weird shit.
While I won't defend the game itself, I don't understand why that particular scene stirs up so much controversy. Now, I haven't actually played the game myself, but from what I've seen, it's my understanding that there is really no romantic interest implied, and rather the kiss scene was more of a sleeping beauty situation. What's so wrong about that? Pretty sure similar things have been done plenty of times in Disney movies, but no one ever complains about it there. By all means, complain about the game's many faults, but I don't see what's so wrong about that scene. It's not suggesting bestiality or anything like that, as people like to argue it is. >.> And this isn't to say that I actually like the scene or anything. I hate Elise, and I wish Sonic '06 never happened, but what I hate more is when people complain about shit like that and make a big deal over nothing, similar to the whole Nowi marriage situation in Fire Emblem Awakening. If anything the Nowi situation is worse than the Sonic/Elise situation because there's actual sex implied, but even then...it's just a freaking game, and it's not like you're actually interacting with these fictional characters romantically in real life, just like you're not really murdering people in real life as you do in many games. What's the big deal?

My first play though

Chrom x Sumia: Cynthia with Aether is cool I guess and Luciana is a speedster happy with this but I don't think it's as good as Chrom x Olivia from what I've seen.

Vaike x Lissa: Pretty happy with this, though I had to wait to get Owain because like an idiot I made Lissa go lvl 20 Cleric -> lvl 15 Sage -> lvl 15 Dark Flier.

Ricken x Miriel: Made Laurent instantly into a dark mage that got life taker and tomefaire from his parents, with Nosferatu he's basically immortal.

Kellam x Sumia: Kjelle is basically the ultimate wall with Aegis and Pavise, she got the boots, only problem with this set up is no gale force but as a wall unit she's not killing much on my turn

Donny x Nowi: Family of death holy crap, Donny and Nowi (reclassed to merc and wyvern) were basically the best two units in my army, their daughter Nah is even more filthy. Had I planned this out better I would have made Nowi a sage instead of a wyvern lord to pass on lifetaker instead of sword breaker.

Henry x Maribelle: Basically Laurent with galeforce instead of tomefaire, so while he does less damage he can get back out of danger or be part of galeforce raids.

Lon Qu X Olivia: Inigio is pretty beastly with galeforce and sword faire, last character I got because LOL that mission and LOL me because I made Olivia a myrmidon instead of a pegasus -.-

Virion x Cordelia: This was probably my biggest mistake, had to make her go bow knight to make use of bowfaire which she got from her father (hit rate +20 seemed even more worthless). Galeforce and a bow + faire is pretty nice but she's not as good as she could have been.

Gaius x Panne: Did this more cause I liked the support line, Yarne is pretty good not sure what to do with him though he got lethality and sword breaker (had I planned this out better would have got him lance breaker instead). Beast stone + still makes him solid though.

Gregor x Cherche: Deals heavy damage with his attacks, another pairing I did mostly due to supports but I'm okay with it not sure what else I could have done with Cherche.

Avatar x Tharja: Morgan is always broken especially when she starts with Vengeance and Ignis. Noire with Ignis and access to every class aka Galeforce turned out alright too.

Only ones I wouldn't recommend are Gaius x Panne and Virion x Cordelia

Edit: Also I don't give a crap about s rank 2nd gen kids, I just paired them based upon galeforce vs no galeforce

My first playthrough was

Chrom/Sumia
Sully/Virion
Tharja/Vaike
Lissa/Lon'qu
Donnel/Nowi
Kellam/Miriel
Owain/Cynthia (yes, they're cousins, so what!?)

Second playthrough on Lunatic, I paired up everyone except for some of the kids and extra characters.

Chrom/Avatar
Donnel/Cordelia
Lon'qu/Olivia
Ricken/Maribelle
Vaike/Cherche
Kellam/Lissa
Henry/Tharja
Libra/Sully
Gregor/Miriel
Sumia/Gaius
Stahl/Panne
Frederick/Nowi
Inigo/Severa
Lucina/Gerome

Definitely don't regret Donnel and Cordelia. Severa and her dad were friggin beasts in this.

Giolon

The ones I've done:

Chrom x Sumia
Virion x Sully
Vaike x Miriel

The ones I'm in process of setting up:

Kellam x Olivia
Donnel x Nowi (may still change)
Gaius x Lissa
Ricken x Maribelle
Stahl x Panne

I really can't decide on who to pair MU up with. Cordelia was the strong front runner, and then Tharja showed up! And now Tiki's come into the mix, but I think she isn't going to be recruitable for a while. :(

Moonlight

Banned
It'll take a mission or two until the appropriate Paralogue opens up if you think you want to go with Tiki. Just keep in mind that Tiki's mission is pretty tough.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
While I won't defend the game itself, I don't understand why that particular scene stirs up so much controversy. Now, I haven't actually played the game myself, but from what I've seen, it's my understanding that there is really no romantic interest implied, and rather the kiss scene was more of a sleeping beauty situation. What's so wrong about that? Pretty sure similar things have been done plenty of times in Disney movies, but no one ever complains about it there. By all means, complain about the game's many faults, but I don't see what's so wrong about that scene. It's not suggesting bestiality or anything like that, as people like to argue it is. >.> And this isn't to say that I actually like the scene or anything. I hate Elise, and I wish Sonic '06 never happened, but what I hate more is when people complain about shit like that and make a big deal over nothing, similar to the whole Nowi marriage situation in Fire Emblem Awakening. If anything the Nowi situation is worse than the Sonic/Elise situation because there's actual sex implied, but even then...it's just a freaking game, and it's not like you're actually interacting with these fictional characters romantically in real life, just like you're not really murdering people in real life as you do in many games. What's the big deal?
You put far more thought into that than my offhand comment. :p

I married:

Chrom x Sumia
Gaius x Lissa
Gerome x Lucina
Laurent x Noire (S convo is awful, regret)
Donnel x Cherche
Vaike x Nowi
Lon'qu x Tharja
Henry x Miriel
Stahl x Cordelia
Gregor x Panne
Ricken x Maribelle
Virion x Sully (sort of regret)

Good alternatives:

Donnel x Olivia
Stahl x Panne
Gregor x Nowi
Kellam x Cherche
Libra x Cherche

Who I didn't quite get to:

Yarne x Nah / Yarne x Cynthia / Owain x Cynthia

I didn't know who to match Kjelle, Brady, Inigio, Severa, and Morgan (F) with.

Moonlight

Banned
I didn't know who to match Kjelle, Brady, Inigio, Severa, and Morgan (F) with.
There's one pairing for you. Probably my second favourite of the children marriage supports (the support in general, really), the first being Severa and Owain's.

Also, it's probably best that you didn't quite get to Cynthia and Owain. Given that, uh, Chrom and Lissa are brother and sister.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
The only goddess in terms of power in the game is Nowi, and going by their chats they feel the most perfect together :p

They have a great support, but the S rank doesn't exist!

The... goddess? You're not talking about Nowi, are you? Because Anna is the goddess who transcends the very fabric of reality.

Anna is indeed the based RNG goddess. Cordelia is mai goddess though <3

Is there an easy way to get Arms Scrolls?

Anna can sell them randomly. I have about 8 extra ones that I never used.

Is it normal to double up on some classes? I'm not sure what do with Sully, Kellam, and Stahl. I was thinking I'd make Sully a Paladin, but I already have Abra...

Today I found another guy in campus with FE. His streetpass team was a monster. I was watching him massacre my army on his game, nobody stood a chance. Then, suddenly my Gaius activated Lethality...and it missed.

What the fucking hell I didn't know skills could miss D:

Moonlight

Banned
The only goddess in terms of power in the game is Nowi, and going by their chats they feel the most perfect together :p
Tiki is the superior Manakete in pretty much every way you'd care to name. It took me a quarter of the time and effort to hit her stat caps than literally any other character in the game aside from maybe Lucina and Severa. Well worth the trouble her Paralogue was.

The... goddess? You're not talking about Nowi, are you? Because Anna is the goddess who transcends the very fabric of reality.
Anna_confession.jpg

A lot of people expressed difficulties in her Paralogues, but it wasn't even a thing for me. She was looking at 70% chances to hit her and throwing it right back in the enemy's faces.

Today I found another guy in campus with FE. His streetpass team was a monster. I was watching him massacre my army on his game, nobody stood a chance. Then, suddenly my Gaius activated Lethality...and it missed.

What the fucking hell I didn't know skills could miss D:

Only one offensive skill like Sol, Luna, Aether, Lethality, etc can activate at a time and they can activate a crit separately from the skill activation. The game rolls skills first, then if you land a crit, then if you land a hit assuming you didn't already roll a crit (crits always hit). Yes even lethality and crit though it's pretty much pointless lol.

Female Morgan x Yarne B support

"Seeing cute, defenseless things just brings out the sadist in me. I can't help myself."

Tharja must be so proud right now.

Draxal

Chrom X Sumia
Avatar X Cordelia (Murder queen daughters activate)
Frederick X Lissa (Seth/Eirika redux)
Vaike X Maribelle (Axefaire Brady war monk rules the world)
Sully X Kellam (I liked their first support)
Donnel X Nowi (Galeforce + yeah ... couldn't stand her with anyhbody else)
Gaius X Tharja (Galeforce + Assassin class + Fun supports)
Gregor X Panne (Eclipse ... problem?)
Miriel X Lon'Qu (million armless statues)
Stahl X Cherche (Laundy is more romantic than pies)
Virion X Olivia (Just because)

Kid supports
Owain X Severa (OTP)
Gerome X Morgan
Lucina X Inigo
Nah X Yarne (bunny dragons)
Brady X Cynthia (brady's a bro)
Laurent X Noire (welp)

Uh, let's see what my pairings were:

Avatar x Lon'qu (quite liked the supports)
Chrom x Sumia (PIES)
Lissa x Stahl (wasn't bad)
Sully x Donnel (meh like the characters)
Miriel x Kellam (the study of having no prescene)
Maribelle x Vaike (eh)
Panne x Virion (backstory I didn't understand for a bit)
Cordelia x Ricken (boring)
Nowi x Henry (Yay, marriage!)
Tharja x Gaius (Hot stuff)
Olivia x Frederick (Ok)
Cherche x Gregor (Nice backstory)

The next time I'm doing a FeMC run I'm gonna marry Owain.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
God, trying to keep track of timelines when you marry one of the children.

That's some Zero Escape shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom