• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably going to restart in, uh..."casual" mode, because I'm super casual apparently.

I'm only in Chapter 4 right now and I'm beginning to realize that it's not making the game any more challenging, just more frustrating. There's no strategy involved in avoiding death at the hands of a random enemy's critical hit, unless that strategy is just "Use Frederick to kill everything".

I feel I could deal with "classic" mode on normal difficulty, and hard difficulty in "casual" mode, but probably not both. Unless enemies randomly one-shotting you is a thing that just stops happening later in the game, which doesn't sound likely.

Ultimately I'd like to have the freedom to experiment in battle without worrying about losing my party members or restarting the battle 3+ times - I don't feel like I can do that in "classic" mode.

Anyone want to talk me down?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
for my second playthrough I'm doing a lunatic run with a female main character.

I can't decide if I want to marry the avatar to chrom or
Walhart
:<

Gestahl

Probably going to restart in, uh..."casual" mode, because I'm super casual apparently.

I'm only in Chapter 4 right now and I'm beginning to realize that it's not making the game any more challenging, just more frustrating. There's no strategy involved in avoiding death at the hands of a random enemy's critical hit, unless that strategy is just "Use Frederick to kill everything".

I feel I could deal with "classic" mode on normal difficulty, and hard difficulty in "casual" mode, but probably not both. Unless enemies randomly one-shotting you is a thing that just stops happening later in the game, which doesn't sound likely.

Ultimately I'd like to have the freedom to experiment in battle without worrying about losing my party members or restarting the battle 3+ times - I don't feel like I can do that in "classic" mode.

Anyone want to talk me down?

Hard is pretty easy after the first 3 or 4 chapters and strategy games kind of require consequence in order to be worth anything. Of course enemy design in Awakening is abysmal so maybe tossing disposable units at that one guy and his 6 bow/rex/thoron friends who are on every map and winning that way instead of just curb stomping them with super powered pair ups will be more interesting, so choose whatever you want.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
That's why you marry Lucina and then that doesn't happen! lol

My man.

Tried S-Ranking with Olivia (probably one of my favorite females in the game besides Lucina), and just couldn't do it. Lucina is just such a great character.
Much like Kincaido is with Cordelia, I think I'll almost always marry Lucina in my playthroughs

Also got my Fire Emblem 3DS today. God this thing looks amazing. While it will lessen the uniqueness of the FE3DS a little, I hope the blue gets released for everyone else soon, it is such a great looking color.

I just wish the system transfer wasn't taking so long -_-

Man, it's kind of lame that I can't unlock every Support conversation.
There should've been more save files.

It is quite daunting to get all the support convos even worse if you considering getting all the parent and sibling ones.

I mean, I thought it was pretty doable if I left everyone unpaired til the end but Chrom and his super fast quest for love ruins everything.

so wait, what's wrong with marrying one of the 2nd gen kids?

is it because they feel too young or what? >_>

Normally, it would be just weird since you are marrying the kids of your friends, but at the same time, everyone is just so accepting of the whole time travel business, they probably don't care either.

TWILT

Banned
Yeah, so many feels during that scene when you're her mother. ;_;

Well, they're kind of from the future and stuff...
Hence why I'd never marry Lucina or Cynthia even if they are two of my most favorite characters in the game. >_>;

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Normally, it would be just weird since you are marrying the kids of your friends, but at the same time, everyone is just so accepting of the whole time travel business, they probably don't care either.
If my kid time traveled to the present and any of you fuckers tried to have sex him/her that would not be cool. Same principle applies.

Moonlight

Banned
Yes. It'll turn the space time continuum into this, though.

Scribble.jpg

Busaiku

for my second playthrough I'm doing a lunatic run with a female main character.

I can't decide if I want to marry the avatar to chrom or
Walhart
:<

Marry
Priam
Speaking of which, how long did it take for Japan to get all the DLC Paralogues?

You're marrying 1 of your best friend's son or daughter.
It's just sick and wrong.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So if you play your cards right, you can have Morgan marry his/her aunt/uncle?

As my previous post showed, I don't mind marrying 2nd-gen, but I draw the line at incest.

Which makes me wonder who I'll pair my morgan to. Inigo and Owain are both out since they're relatives, and I don't like Laurent or Yarne. So Gerome or Brady.

Moonlight

Banned
Alright, as soon as I'm done this Kincaido playthrough, I'm gonna execute my 'keep royalty in the bloodline' plan. Gonna pair up My Unit with Lucina, then marry Morgan to Owain.

Or I could marry Chrom and Olivia, pair the Avatar with Lucina and then marry Morgan to Inigo.

The options are endless.

GaimeGuy

As my previous post showed, I don't mind marrying 2nd-gen, but I draw the line at incest.

Which makes me wonder who I'll pair my morgan to. Inigo and Owain are both out since they're relatives, and I don't like Laurent or Yarne. So Gerome or Brady.

Oh come on. In feudal civilizations everyone married their cousin or aunt or nephew. Especially nobility.

GaimeGuy

Alright, as soon as I'm done this Kincaido playthrough, I'm gonna execute my 'keep royalty in the bloodline' plan. Gonna pair up My Unit with Lucina, then marry Morgan to Owain.

Or I could marry Chrom and Olivia, pair the Avatar with Lucina and then marry Morgan to Inigo.

The options are endless.

Do it!

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu

The options are endless.

Do the second one. I did it and have no regrets.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Looking through my download list on the eShop, looks like I somehow kept access to the download version of awakening even after the system transfer.

...I really wonder if my DLC will work with both versions.

Played through Ch 4 on Lunatic. FE12 Lunatic felt a lot more difficult overall. It was mostly pairing Fred+MU or Chrom and throwing them at the enemy while everyone else runs to safety. Not much RNG involved other than making sure Fred had enough SPD to double attack Ch 2 enemies while paired. Lunatic+ up to Ch 4 seems like the same strategies, except with over 9000 resets for good level ups and enemies having acceptable skills.

Velcro Fly

Starting to grind up supports to unlock paralogues right now. Kinda don't want to rely on Chrom to recruit the kids so I am leveling up the appropriate parent too. I don't care about my pairings too much right now and I'm definitely not grinding to pass down awesome skills since I'm probably going to do a second playthrough where I worry about that. I'll have to read up about Galeforce and passing stuff down to children and all that fun jazz.

I finished Chapter 17 last night. I'm sad.

A question: Is it worth trying to do the Paralogues in order? I'm trying Paralogue 6 and the enemies are super high level. I just don't like doing things out of order but I will if I have to.

Draxal

I finished Chapter 17 last night. I'm sad.

A question: Is it worth trying to do the Paralogues in order? I'm trying Paralogue 6 and the enemies are super high level. I just don't like doing things out of order but I will if I have to.

Do them out of order, their stages aren't balanced in numerical order.

Draxal

Can you or anyone try and rank them in order of difficulty? I spent a good while setting up for 10 and then decided I should level some more before going back into it.

Morgan, Owain's are by far the easiest with Kjelle then Laurent afterwards.

I think then it goes Cynthia/Severa (with rescue staff spam)/Brady ------- Nah/Yarne/Noire/Severa (without rescue staff)------- Inigo/Gerome/Yarne (fighting both sides)

Chuckpebble

Morgan, Owain's are by far the easiest with Kjelle then Laurent afterwards.

I think then it goes Cynthia/Severa (with rescue staff spam)/Brady ------- Nah/Yarne/Noire/Severa (without rescue staff)------- Inigo/Gerome/Yarne (fighting both sides)

Thanks, yes, Severa is 10 then. So I'm guessing a staff user and a dancer could make this pretty trivial then, just constantly pulling her back out to the entrance.

Oh, well I don't have anyone S-rank yet anyways! But I didn't know if it became available at a certain chapter in the game.

The only thing you need to know is that if Chrom isn't married by the end of Chapter 11 the game will automatically force him into one with whichever girl he has the highest support level with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom