• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteo

IMO, your choice of casual or classic should be affected by one thing and one thing only: whether you can accept permanent unit death or not. You could be a total FE adept but if you restart a map every time a unit dies then classic simply isn't for you.

I think the problem was this...

Thanks for the info on story death. So if Lissa died for example she would still appear in story sequences?

Yeah, she would never be able to join battle again, but would be still around for cutscenes and all that.

Busaiku

Is there any reason Dread Fighter levels up like a base class?
Do Brides also work the same way?

Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Mr. Fix

Is there any reason Dread Fighter levels up like a base class?
Do Brides also work the same way?

Not that I'm complaining or anything.

No clue as to why. The drawback is that they can only switch to a promoted class (via a Second Seal) at level 30. Brides probably work the same way. My Gregor isn't a useless unit anymore thanks to the scroll!

Going through this game on classic, no resets, first time with FE, Im almost done and I had maybe around five deaths, yea those deaths stung, only way to play this game I think.

vareon

Just finished it. Wonderful, wonderful game. This is the first Fire Emblem game where I played with difficulty higher than normal (Hard).

Story-wise, I prefer the Tellius games and its massive cast and scale. The villains are not outstanding, too, and the barebones in-game cutscenes didn't help.

The game made it up with the characters and the sheer number of support conversations, though. One thing I noticed is the game treats S rank as a final--that means after a pair of characters got an S rank, nothing changes except their stat boosts. I kinda wish their battle lines changed to reflect their relationship (Chrom saying "Thanks, friend" to his wife after she defeated an enemy felt jarring). Still the support convo is pretty ambitious since there a lot of options when it comes to pairing and the game handled it well.

Pairing up and support changes the way I play Fire Emblem, though, and I don't think I can go back to previous games for a while. In the last chapter if I'm underleveled I just paired up everyone with the correct partners and they'd be relatively unstoppable. Not sure if that's the way the game expects me to play.

I didn't get all the characters, though. Not marrying everyone in this playthrough, and
I accidentally killed Gangrel and saved over the data
. I'd love a second playthrough while I play Etrian Odyssey IV.

Soulhouf

For me
Classic: every death = game over
Casual: infinite continue

You can play classic mode and disable the game over Demon's Souls style but you'll miss many things playing like that.

Vamphuntr

Finally was able to complete the Infinite Regalia DLC mapwhile getting all the chests. It took a lot of grinding :S. Most of my characters have 3-4 of their stats capped and most children I used had galeforce.

Can't wait for the harder DLC maps and the vacation maps.

vareon

A quick trip to the wiki revealed that we can get
Yen'fay, Priam, Emmeryn, and Aversa
from Spotpass. Are they available now?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Would be really awkward if the mute option for Avatar was still in and you romanced her lol.

Mr. Fix

Oww, that two bonus maps from the Spotpass are for both of them?

What's the name...? (I deleted my chapter 19 data to start over from the beginning to play in Hard so can't check...)

I see...

The first one is called The Dead King's Lament, and the second Irreconcilable Paths. You can do all of these after the 25th chapter, which is right before the final boss.

Javier

According to SerenesForest.net, NoA announced through Facebook that Lost Bloddlines 3 is coming this Thursday, but then quickly took out the notice.

Hmm...

Moonlight

Banned
All these SpotPass Paralogues really leave me mixed. On one hand, I love more content delivered freely and they don't come across as phoned in, on the other... it completely ruins the impact of a lot of moments in the story, given where they're sourcing their characters for these SpotPasses from. It just seems like a disservice to some of the game's stronger moments when you wind up with '
whoops, s/he survived! Somehow
'.

EDIT:
Honestly, time travel/alternate timeline stuff would be a lot more palpable.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The first one is called The Dead King's Lament, and the second Irreconcilable Paths. You can do all of these after the 25th chapter, which is right before the final boss.

Ah yes, those two. I see, so in order to get these characters I need to proceed to the final part of the game huh.

I see I see.

Well at least once downloaded the maps are there to unlock regardless whether I'm online or not so that's a plus.

Anteo

One theory the fandom has regarding this is that
she survived due to the Miracle skill.

That skill has saved me from redoing a map so many times.... Specially that time in lunatic chapter 1 where I got Frederick to not steal all the exp. A enemy got to lissa and I was like "shit noooo I was missing one turn to win".

Chrom

I didn't see anyone mention this, NoA said on Facebook earlier today that we'll be getting Lost Bloodlines 3 (Seliph/Paragon) this week for $2.50. Yes!

Rarutos

I like to see it as
she technically did die that day, since she has become somewhat mute and never gets her memory back. So the Emmeryn Chrom and Lissa knew would never truly come back.

Switched to casual! I'm actually using my units to attack now instead of having them hide while Frederick handles everything. I've almost caught up to where I was before and I've only had to soldier through a unit dying once...Frederick getting one-shotted by a critical out of nowhere. Nothing I could have done to prevent that one way or the other. Feels good.

I wish there were a fine balance between classic and casual, though. Like a mode where death was still permanent but each map provided (1) bookmark that you could use at any point in the encounter.

Switched to casual! I'm actually using my units to attack now instead of having them hide while Frederick handles everything. I've almost caught up to where I was before and I've only had to soldier through a unit dying once...Frederick getting one-shotted by a critical out of nowhere. Nothing I could have done to prevent that one way or the other. Feels good.

I wish there were a fine balance between classic and casual, though. Like a mode where death was still permanent but each map provided (1) bookmark that you could use at any point in the encounter.

I like what fft does , it's kind of like you bleed out with the counter, I'm playing this on classic and have lost lives, you get some good characters, the deaths sting a bit especially if you like that character but it's great to play this way.

Cheska

Guys, help me! I'm too powerful which in turn is preventing me from recruiting Cynthia. She's comes to me before I can reach her and she dies as a result of my counter attacks :( Any suggestions on how to overcome situations like this?

I like what fft does , it's kind of like you bleed out with the counter, I'm playing this on classic and have lost lives, you get some good characters, the deaths sting a bit especially if you like that character but it's great to play this way.

This, definitely. FFT handles perma-death better than any other game I've seen it in.

Guys, help me! I'm too powerful which in turn is preventing me from recruiting Cynthia. She's comes to me before I can reach her and she dies as a result of my counter attacks :( Any suggestions on how to overcome situations like this?

If you are powerful enough you can always send someone (like Sumia or Chrom) unequipped with a weapon, tank some hits and recruit her.

I had that problem too, luckily Stahl didn't have enough speed to double her.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Make sure to unequip Chrom and do not let any other unit enter her range of attacks (press X on her just to make sure.) Oh, and don't let anyone paired up with Chrom or standing next to him to prevent double attack triggering.

Actually, in my case I didn't have to unequip Chrom since he is not fast enough to double her. Got her to critical HP though.

Cheska

If you are powerful enough you can always send someone (like Sumia or Chrom) unequipped with a weapon, tank some hits and recruit her.

I had that problem too, luckily Stahl didn't have enough speed to double her.

Make sure to unequip Chrom and do not let any other unit enter her range of attacks (press X on her just to make sure.) Oh, and don't let anyone paired up with Chrom or standing next to him to prevent double attack triggering.

Actually, in my case I didn't have to unequip Chrom since he is not fast enough to double her. Got her to critical HP though.

Thanks guys, finally managed to do it! Everyone wasn't kidding about the child spawns, they are BEASTS! Some quite literally.

Also Sumia is redeeming herself with these Cynthia supports :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom