• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Fix

I still don't get why
Aversa is a Paralogue character.
Why not Cervantes.

I'm surprised they didn't make Walhart's tactician (whose name escapes me) one of the spotpasses. He had the unique sprite going for him! The supports between him and the MU would have been jokes.

ohlawd

I'm surprised they didn't make Walhart's tactician (whose name escapes me) one of the spotpasses. He had the unique sprite going for him! The supports between him and the MU would have been jokes.

Excellus.

I'd rather have Cervantes because of dat facial hair. I'd ship him and the FeMU first thing.

Moonlight

Banned
Screw that guy. What I absolutely don't understand is why we didn't get Phila, Emmeryn's bodyguard. She had her own model and (SpotPass DLC + mid-game spoilers)
getting shot with an arrow is a hell of a lot more survivable than jumping to your death from fifty meters on high

Screw that guy. What I absolutely don't understand is why we didn't get Phila, Emmeryn's bodyguard. She had her own model and (SpotPass DLC + mid-game spoilers)
getting shot with an arrow is a hell of a lot more survivable than jumping to your death from fifty meters on high

IS just loves killing them Pegasus Knights.

Mr. Fix

Excellus.

I'd rather have Cervantes because of dat facial hair. I'd ship him and the FeMU first thing.

Clearly, we needed 3 more paralogues for all of them!

Well she's basically just a Falcon Knight without a helmet, though I really do wish you could get her. I was really hoping you would.

So, who's the best husband for Lissa and the best wife for Chrom (bar femMU)?
I had Lissa marry Frederick for fun in my first run and Owain turned badly. Same with Chrom and Sumia, Lucina ended up being useless.
I'm playing it again, but now on Lunatic, and I wanted to have the best pairings for everyone so, what's your opinion? I tried looking for a list of recommended best pairings but apparently such thing doesn't exist.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Where's your flavor?

It pains me that Gaius has died on my 2 playthroughs. I hope he makes it during the inevitable Lunatic playthrough.

Marche90

^If he didn't make it through hard, I'm having trouble thinking he will make it through Lunatic. Dat defense :(

TOO SLOW, BRO

080.png
?

(Sorry, couldn't resist the awful pun)

Guess I can turn on my 3DS again for Yarne's birthday and whatever DLC and Spotpass stuff comes out tomorrow.

Good job for the kid's birthday to land on a Thursday!

It kind of took me a while to figure out that the markings on Yarne and Panne's face markings weren't veins. Kind of turned me off from using them for a while until I found out.

Soulhouf

I love and hate how they brought characters from the old FE.
- Love them because that bring back memories and many of them are awesome.
- Hate them because they made them generic and often out of context. I hate how they aligned non existent or different classes in Awakening with generic ones. I hate how the same character have many different designs, whether you use only the old design or make a new one (and good one not as ugly as the design they made for Micaiah *facepalm* ).
I know it's hard to pay enough respect to these legendary characters but they could put more effort into it. Dread Fighter is an example of a class they did right and that was awesome. Having 2 different designs of Alm and versions where is was weak is really unfortunate though.

Kerrinck

Is this game still hard to find? Amazon still says 2-3 weeks to ship.

Will be going to the US next week so was wondering which stores will be easier to find this on.

Anteo

So I just got a Owain only weapon in Infinite Regalia. Wat?
Description:
"Owain only. Skill +1. The apocryphal brand?"

Draxal

So I just got a Owain only weapon in Infinite Regalia. Wat?
Description:
"Owain only. Skill +1. The apocryphal brand?"

You get that in his stage as well, guess you might have missed it. You have to talk to the villager in the se with him.

NeonZ

Dread Fighter is an example of a class they did right and that was awesome. Having 2 different designs of Alm and versions where is was weak is really unfortunate though.

I guess it's because they wanted the DLC to be episodic and feature as many cameos as they could throw in, rather than some parallel saga involving actual armies of generics and such with an actual continuous story.

As for aligning different classes with generic versions in Awakening, eh, I think that's understandable most of the time, especially regarding the free bonus characters who seem to be pretty quick add-ons using the avatar system (even to the point, where, say, young Tiki's 3d model doesn't have a ponytail because size 2 characters have no ponytails, in spite of them having them modelled for size 1 and size 3). Personally, it actually bothers me in games with character creators how the developers always seems to waste the opportunity to give some quick and easy bonus characters using it, so it was nice to see IS being smart here.

I'd easily have paid for more DLC Lords with unique classes though - it's a complete waste that one of the later DLC has a third new class... but for monsters, which means it's completely useless to the player.

Wilsongt

I've been using Nino... and I've created a monster.

I am also in the process of creating a monster Owain.

Myrmidon 20/Swordmaster 20/Assassin 3 right now.

I've been using Nino... and I've created a monster.

That's typically how Nino goes, even in 7. Though it's a bit more of a pain in the ass there.

I've been refraining from using any of the extra characters until I'm at the "post game" content. Iunno, it'd feel wrong, but it's still cool to have them there.

I've been trying to avoid spamming DLC for some short grinding to catch units up, but god HM doesn't give a flying shit. 7 move Paladins that double half your units with a Spear? You guys can just go suck it.

Soulhouf

I guess it's because they wanted the DLC to be episodic and feature as many cameos as they could throw in, rather than some parallel saga involving actual armies of generics and such with an actual continuous story.

As for aligning different classes with generic versions in Awakening, eh, I think that's understandable most of the time, especially regarding the free bonus characters who seem to be pretty quick add-ons using the avatar system (even to the point, where, say, young Tiki's 3d model doesn't have a ponytail because size 2 characters have no ponytails, in spite of them having them modelled for size 1 and size 3). Personally, it actually bothers me in games with character creators how the developers always seems to waste the opportunity to give some quick and easy bonus characters using it, so it was nice to see IS being smart here.

I'd easily have paid for more DLC Lords with unique classes though - it's a complete waste that one of the later DLC has a third new class... but for monsters, which means it's completely useless to the player.

Putting a special class only for enemies (ie non playable) isn't a problem. The most important thing to me: stay faithful as much as possible to the original games.
Radiant Dawn for instance has so many classes that don't exist in Awakening even if many of them are close, but guess what? They didn't even bother putting some of them for the characters who came from that game.

Wilsongt

That's typically how Nino goes, even in 7. Though it's a bit more of a pain in the ass there.

I've been refraining from using any of the extra characters until I'm at the "post game" content. Iunno, it'd feel wrong, but it's still cool to have them there.

I've been trying to avoid spamming DLC for some short grinding to catch units up, but god HM doesn't give a flying shit. 7 move Paladins that double half your units with a Spear? You guys can just go suck it.

I am in post game now. Trying to get the lasy few churrin.

How much "post game" is there right now? I know there isn't exactly a "creature campaign" as such with a Lagdou Ruins or anything, but is it ALL DLC, or do the Skirmishes keep ramping up to match you? I'd love if there were hard fights with maxed units without waiting for the "Path of a Grandmaster" series.
Need to put my Dark Knight MU to use.

Mr. Fix

Today is Yarne, the best male kid's, birthday.

Respect.

You're a funny guy, Gunloc.

How much "post game" is there right now? I know there isn't exactly a "creature campaign" as such with a Lagdou Ruins or anything, but is it ALL DLC, or do the Skirmishes keep ramping up to match you? I'd love if there were hard fights with maxed units without waiting for the "Path of a Grandmaster" series.
Need to put my Dark Knight MU to use.

I'd count the spotpass chapters as post-game, and after today we'll have 3. Aside from the challenge maps in season 2, the only other maxed out dlc levels is the final set.

Draxal

You're a funny guy, Gunloc.

I'd count the spotpass chapters as post-game, and after today we'll have 3. Aside from the challenge maps in season 2, the only other maxed out dlc levels is the final set.

I count the level 20 promoted SpotPass guys as the hardest postgame there is right now. They're definetely tougher then the dlc released so far/spotpass maps/final boss on hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom