• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWILT

Banned
Might as well post this. Fire Emblem Awakening has sold 180,000 copies in the US in February (117,000 retail, 63,000 digitally.) Source here.

Not bad since the game was impossible to find lol.

NeonZ

Wow, the last FE is only at 250k ltd.

Shadow Dragon was a pretty basic remake of a NES game that had never arrived to American shores (so had no nostalgia attached to it here). It's actually a decent number, considering how many people claimed that it had been a bomb.

Draxal

Shadow Dragon was a pretty basic remake of a NES game that had never arrived to American shores (so had no nostalgia attached to it here). It's actually a decent number, considering how many people claimed that it had been a bomb.

Compared to the previous gba ones it didn't do so hot. It also kinda left a bad taste in some people's mouths which is never a good thing.

...is anyone else having a metric ton of trouble saving Emmeryn?

I can get to her by the end of the second turn but not to the above thugs that come down and kill her in one hit!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
After beating Paralogue 20:

Emmeryn can't support with Chrom and Lissa. DA FUCK IS THAT.

Yeah super lame. I guess there are some conversations between them in one of the later DLC episodes though (and
Gangrel
). Better than nothing I guess :(

The whole way they dealt with
Emmeryn
is kind of depressing, though the avatar A convo was slightly less so (didn't do S). I guess they had to explain it somehow, but still.

ohlawd

Not necessarily getting them back, but Chrom and Lissa wanting to spend time with the sister they thought was dead seems pretty obvious to me.

Exactly. I would have been satisfied with just that.

and when you do encounter her in the Paralogue, she does say Chrom's name so she sorta remembers + the dialogue after killing all the enemies

edit: oh and good stuff with the NPD FE:A numbers. I would have liked higher (like impossibly high like over 500k lol) but I'll take this result; it did well considering that game's supply in retail was mostly nonexistent.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That's how I leveled up my healers.

The amounts of exp it gives is insane even after a bunch of reclassing.

Rescue spam is so good.

I imagine it would not be quite feasible without the Golden Gaffe map though, since you need to rebuy and repurchase the staff. Hmm.

Anyways, just bought Lost Bloodline 3 and the Smash Pack. This game is definitely the one I spent the most money in for 3DS; don't know whether I should be happy or sad about that, hahah.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
So what's the best course of action to take when someone like Chrom reaches great Lord's level 20? For starters will using a second seal revert his stats to how they were when he was level 20 lord or will they stack?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So what's the best course of action to take when someone like Chrom reaches great Lord's level 20? For starters will using a second seal revert his stats to how they were when he was level 20 lord or will they stack?

No they won't reset, only his level will.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
That's a relief. Thanks.

Edit: and just to make sure I can also force him to continue as a great lord with a reset level and his stats will still remain unchanged, correct?

GSR

That's a relief. Thanks.

Edit: and just to make sure I can also force him to continue as a great lord with a reset level and his stats will still remain unchanged, correct?

Yup. Using the Second Seal and reclassing him to a Great Lord'll pretty much just tick his level down to 1 and do nothing else (though you'll gain EXP at a different rate after doing so due to some weird internal formula.)

Only 3 more kids then I can actually progress with the story! I haven't done a new story chapter in 2 weeks and I've been playing every day.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I just got Sully's kid (dad is Fredrick). It was fucking awesome how she said to the boss of the level that he should pick whatever god he believes in and pray.

I <3 this game.

Moonlight

Banned
It's still pretty scarce, looks like. I think brick and mortar storefronts should be seeing new shipments, too. Given the recent NPD sales data.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Any chance we get that Bonds DLC? Seems interesting; I'll buy it in a heartbeat...

In fact, I am already so wet in terms of this game's DLCs... Might as well swim all the way through no matter what they are offering.

Soulhouf

They are probably trying to boost awareness of FE2 and FE8 by giving the one of the main lords of those games the default DLC classes.

Which is funny because these 2 are the only original games aside from Awakening that have world map the player can traverse freely.

Switch him to paladin or great knight for skills (paladin is priority). Outside of bow breaker and maybe hit +20 chrom doesn't care about the archer tree and I have no room for those skills hence why I don't bother with it

Giggzy

Just picked this game up last night after having bought a 3ds last week. I've heard nothing but glowing reviews about the game since its release. I was very skeptical of my own interest in this style of game. It's my first strategy rpg I've ever played.

AND IT'S AMAZING. I've been hooked since playing it. I want to get all the dlc ASAP. I'm playing on normal/classic mode(already lost Mirriel(sp?)). I know I still have a lot to learn but I can't wait for the many hours of playing ahead of me.

Anteo

Just picked this game up last night after having bought a 3ds last week. I've heard nothing but glowing reviews about the game since its release. I was very skeptical of my own interest in this style of game. It's my first strategy rpg I've ever played.

AND IT'S AMAZING. I've been hooked since playing it. I want to get all the dlc ASAP. I'm playing on normal/classic mode(already lost Mirriel(sp?)). I know I still have a lot to learn but I can't wait for the many hours of playing ahead of me.

For a new player like you I'd recommend wating for the second wave of dlc, the first wave is mostly fanservice to old fans of the saga, bringing characters from old games and the like. There are some extras though, like 2 new classes and a trio of maps that focus on getting easy gold, exp and weapons.

The second wave of dlc bring new things to the game, like an alternate story, maps that add many conversations between characters and some hard challenges.

Mr. Fix

Ending Spoiler Question:

How differently does the ending play out whether or not you have the MU land the final blow?

The bit of dialogue everyone says at the end is different. If you choose to kill Grima yourself, everyone says their bit about the MU's whereabouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom