• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

Smilax

Finally, without motivation, I started my second file with the FemMU on Hard Classic. One hour in and I'm on Chapter 4 and already lost Vaike. Any strategy to consider when playing on Hard? or should I just be doing what I did in Normal.

Busaiku

My Morgans will be all alone in both files cause there aren't enough guys/girls to go around.
And I'm not going the creepy route no matter what.

ohlawd

Finally, without motivation, I started my second file with the FemMU on Hard Classic. One hour in and I'm on Chapter 4 and already lost Vaike. Any strategy to consider when playing on Hard? or should I just be doing what I did in Normal.

You'll have to pair up a lot more. Don't be afraid to take more turns than you did in Normal.

Smilax

You'll have to pair up a lot more. Don't be afraid to take more turns than you did in Normal.

Sounds good. Are the enemy units more aggressive, or are they just higher level then usual?

Also what DLC and Spotpass stuff is out currently, I haven't been keeping up since the release of Golden Gaffe.

ffdgh

Alrighty time to start hard mode....but this time with super babies :D.

So I luckily beat paralogue 20 but tis a hollow victory...
Semi brain dead Emmeryn is a bit too depressing to see =/. Love her stats tho lol

Aexact

When party members/NPCs/enemies hint that reinforcements are coming, bunker up because enemy reinforcements arrive and move before your turn. This was the biggest difference to me.

Also Reeking Boxes will now cost 4800 so it is less viable to grind that way.

ohlawd

Sounds good. Are the enemy units more aggressive, or are they just higher level then usual?

Also what DLC and Spotpass stuff is out currently, I haven't been keeping up since the release of Golden Gaffe.

I think the AI is still the same but their stats are higher. Don't think you'll be able to 2x enemies from the start.

And as Aexact put it, listen to those reinforcements warnings. They are no joke.

Smilax

Thanks for the advice everyone! Really appreciate it! I wonder if it's possible to go through the entire game without grinding.

PBalfredo

Is it just me, or is War Monk the most orphaned class in the game? It just doesn't gel well with any other class. It's Strength/Magic class that's a branch out of Priest/Cleric, a Magic based class that only uses staffs. Going War Monk just results in a wimp swinging around bronze axes. Why go that route when you could go Sage, which is also purely Magic based like Priest/Cleric, plus adds Tomes? You can't promote to it out of any of the axe based classes, which would be nice to have a serious axe-wielder with the added utility to heal, even if it's just to top off units, not bring them fully back from the brink. It's not an attractive class to Second Seal to since the other Strength/Magic classes (Grandmaster, Dark Knight) use swords, not axes.

GeekyDad

Is it just me, or is War Monk the most orphaned class in the game? It just doesn't gel well with any other class. It's Strength/Magic class that's a branch out of Priest/Cleric, a Magic based class that only uses staffs. Going War Monk just results in a wimp swinging around bronze axes. Why go that route when you could go Sage, which is also purely Magic based like Priest/Cleric, plus adds Tomes? You can't promote to it out of any of the axe based classes, which would be nice to have a serious axe-wielder with the added utility to heal, even if it's just to top off units, not bring them fully back from the brink. It's not an attractive class to Second Seal to since the other Strength/Magic classes (Grandmaster, Dark Knight) use swords, not axes.

Well, if you want someone who can take a hit, he's definitely a better option than a sage. Plus, iirc, his Res ain't bad either. So, it's a good utility class. Decent Def, Res, Str, and healing. Basically, a meatshield who can heal.

Bottom line is, the game has pretty much something for everyone. Depends on how you want to play it, really.

Speaking of Sages I feel like I made a big mistake going Sage over Dark Knight with Ricken. Kid used to be one of my go to-s and now he's one of those units you always need to keep your eye on cause they never goddamn dodge :/

Speaking of Sages I feel like I made a big mistake going Sage over Dark Knight with Ricken. Kid used to be one of my go to-s and now he's one of those units you always need to keep your eye on cause they never goddamn dodge :/

It'll be worth it in the end when you get Tome Faire then switch over to Dark Knight, then you'll get the benefits of DK's better defensive stats along with the pure power of a mage.

PBalfredo

Well, if you want someone who can take a hit, he's definitely a better option than a sage. Plus, iirc, his Res ain't bad either. So, it's a good utility class. Decent Def, Res, Str, and healing. Basically, a meatshield who can heal.

Bottom line is, the game has pretty much something for everyone. Depends on how you want to play it, really.

Ideally he's a meatshield that can heal, but I'm not convinced it works out that way in reality. Mostly because a War Monk is grown out of a Priest/Cleric which survives off of Luck/Speed. To then take a hard turn towards being a meatshield sounds like a half-measure. Again, I think it would be more effective if an axe-using class, like the barbarian (who "finds Naga" heh) could turn into a War Monk. Start as a meatshield, end as a meatshield. I'd rather set up Vaike to take hits and heal than Lissa.

It would be nice if there was a good Levin Sword equivalent axe that uses the magic stat that you could buy for War Monks. I know there is one in the bonus box, but that's the only one as far as I know.

Jachaos

So if I give Paragon to someone who gains 8exp no matter which fight, and then I go into EXPonential Growth, will the 65HP monsters give me more than 8 or 8 still ?

I was only half paying attention, this is like, second turn or so on Chapter 16. Hard mode. Not really paying attention to enemy weapons or whatever.
Nowi and Lonqu are married, so they're near each other and such, I feel like they work really well together. So they're off on the right side *with plenty of backup of course*. Warrior comes up, I skip the fight, but basically from range pounds Lonqu with about 34 points of damage. So I heal him up, and start looking at my options... Hrm he does about 30 or so damage to everyone... Oh hey it's because he's got a silver bow! That means I can walk up to him and be safe!

Lonqu takes his silver sword out, walks over to the Warrior, and cue in a devestating critical.

Counter.

FSLink

Banned
It would be nice if there was a good Levin Sword equivalent axe that uses the magic stat that you could buy for War Monks. I know there is one in the bonus box, but that's the only one as far as I know.

Don't one of the Spotpass characters sell Bolt Axes? You could just keep spawning them on your map over and over.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I was only half paying attention, this is like, second turn or so on Chapter 16. Hard mode. Not really paying attention to enemy weapons or whatever.
Nowi and Lonqu are married, so they're near each other and such, I feel like they work really well together. So they're off on the right side *with plenty of backup of course*. Warrior comes up, I skip the fight, but basically from range pounds Lonqu with about 34 points of damage. So I heal him up, and start looking at my options... Hrm he does about 30 or so damage to everyone... Oh hey it's because he's got a silver bow! That means I can walk up to him and be safe!

Lonqu takes his silver sword out, walks over to the Warrior, and cue in a devestating critical.

Counter.

I've had to restart quite a few times because I"m not paying attention to counter. lol.

PBalfredo

Don't one of the Spotpass characters sell Bolt Axes? You could just keep spawning them on your map over and over.

Yep, summon L'Arachel's team and unlimited Bolt Axes!

L'Arachel according to serenes.

laRhgnR.jpg

Soulhouf

My game timer says ~200 hours (hard + lunatic) and my 3DS clock indicates more than 400 hours O_O

I think it's time to stop playing this game and come back when all the spot pass and DLC are released.

NeonZ

download characters can sell stuff what I haven't messed around with buying DLC am I missing out

Not paid DLC, it's the characters from the "bonus team" box in the wireless features. They're free. And, yes, they all can sell any non-legendary equipment that they and their generic companions use.

Not paid DLC, it's the characters from the "bonus team" box in the wireless features. They're free. And, yes, they all can sell any non-legendary equipment that they and their generic companions use.

oh them. I don't like them. They're not part of the story proper so I don't download em.

Would any of them happen to sell the Seed of Trusts haha.

I need more of those. D;

what's the point of these?

Moonlight

Banned
Would any of them happen to sell the Seed of Trusts haha.

I need more of those. D;
You can buy Seeds of Trust if someone you StreetPassed has them on hand. If there's someone local, you could ask them to buy one with Renown and try continually StreetPassing each other. Otherwise, not a lot of other options for getting them.

ohlawd

Veteran affects the exp gain last.

if I destroy something and I get 8 exp normally

w/ Paragon - 16 exp
w/ Veteran - 12 exp
w/ Paragon + Veteran - 24 exp

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Why the hell is there a stick on the floor in my Barracks now?

AND WHY WONT IT GO AWAY

CorvoSol

Just bought this game and was wondering about the Spotpass characters. Are they functional like a regular character, or is that reserved for the DLC characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom