• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteo

Just bought this game and was wondering about the Spotpass characters. Are they functional like a regular character, or is that reserved for the DLC characters?

Both DLC and Spotpass are dummy units that do not add anything to the game. They can't have supports and are considered like MU (so they can change to any class).

Finished this up, around 40 hrs, need two more prologues, its a great game just got too easy halfway through the game, overleveled doing sidequest, Im replaying on hard now and its a big difference from normal, lets see what happens.

Bullza2o

Finished this up, around 40 hrs, need to more prologues, its a great game just got too easy halfway through the game, overleveled doing sidequest, Im replaying on hard now and its a big difference from normal, lets see what happens.

It took you 40 hours on normal? So far I'm around 14 hours official (hard), but including all the restarts it's around double at 26 hours. Chapter 12. I haven't played in some time due to lack of free time, but I really wonder how long I will take to finish.

zroid

Banned
Veteran affects the exp gain last.

if I destroy something and I get 8 exp normally

w/ Paragon - 16 exp
w/ Veteran - 12 exp
w/ Paragon + Veteran - 24 exp

You also just described a scenario where Paragon affects it last

order of multiplication is irrelevant :p

Cheska

Has this already been posted in here?

tumblr_m41w2tplcQ1ruti06o1_500.jpg

Hnnnng! Love the different shades they used for the characters. I really wish I had a female Morgan so I could pair her up with one of these fine gentlemen. I have all the child supports on A's because I just can't make a final decision on who to actually marry. In fact, I'd sat I'm having a harder time choosing potential partners for the offspring then I did for their parents.

Hnnnng! Love the different shades they used for the characters. I really wish I had a female Morgan so I could pair her up with one of these fine gentlemen. I have all the child supports on A's because I just can't make a final decision on who to actually marry. In fact, I'd sat I'm having a harder time choosing potential partners for the offspring then I did for their parents.

Host club? So good.

NeonZ

Any female can be a Bride.

SpotPass/DLC characters function exactly like the avatar, down to their stats and everything.

Well, not exactly like. All DLC characters and some spotpass ones have exclusive skills that an avatar couldn't get (and they all start with one extra skill compared to a standard character of their level) and a few even rarer ones have exclusive classes that the avatar can't access (See young Tiki, who can be a Manakete, and all the Marth variations, who all start as Lodestars). Their growth rates also aren't exactly like the avatars (Well, only Marth's are known, but his don't match an Avatar's).

But, yes, outside of that, the legacy characters, both paid DLC and free spotpass, are basically custom avatars without supports.

vareon

About to start chapter 11, and now my party is full of people ready to marry each other, lol. I don't want to marry them now because
timeskip!

Anteo

Well, not exactly like. All DLC characters and some spotpass ones have exclusive skills that an avatar couldn't get (and they all start with one extra skill than usual for a character of their level) and a few even rarer ones have exclusive classes that the avatar can't access (See young Tiki, who can be a Manakete, and all the Marth variations, who all start as Lodestars). Their growth rates also aren't exactly like the avatars (Well, only Marth's are known, but his don't match an Avatar's).

But, yes, outside of that, the legacy characters, both DLC and Spotpass, are basically custom avatars without supports.

There was one guy here that noticed spotpass tiki cant change back to manakete.

PBalfredo

So....is it time to start posting Japanese fanart yet?

I mean, we are in Community now...

Makes me wish the children were more integrated into the story.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Makes me wish the children were more integrated into the story.

Honestly when I heard about the kids, I thought it would be a Blazing Sword situation where you play with one group for a while then another group until they all meet up and form a super army.

ohlawd

gawd dayum @ Gerome. Swagged out as fuck.

Mr. Fix

I'd love some advice in regard to class choice for Stahl, Sully, and Kellam. Anyone?

I made Sully a Paladin so she could tank a bit of magic damage. For Kellam, I switched him into a thief at level 10. The payoff is when he becomes an assassin - all that defence is good for the soul. Not sure what to do with Stahl though.

ohlawd

I made Sully a Paladin so she could tank a bit of magic damage. For Kellam, I switched him into a thief at level 10. The payoff is when he becomes an assassin - all that defence is good for the soul. Not sure what to do with Stahl though.
Might as well make Stahl a Great Knight then. He needs the attack boost anyway since he's a defensive unit.

ffdgh

Aww I like stahl. His conversations are amusing....and with panne, kinda kinky lol.

Kellam does a good job of making me forget he exist tho.

He was wrong. I've tested it and she can do that. I can post a picture later of Spotpass Tiki as a Manakete with Astra.

Yeah I was the one who first said that, but I couldn't figure out how to change her back. Can you please tell us how?

Edit: Figured it out. You have to get SpotPass Tiki to be AT level 30 before you class change her to retain her manakete status.

Avallon

I understand that there are 3 types of levels - displayed level, internal level, and cumulative level. What I don't understand is when I should use second seals/master seals.

As I understand, master seals don't affect cumulative level, so does that mean they don't hurt level up speed?

What level should I use seals to keep experience growth rates at their highest?

If I keep using second seals will leveling rates stay constant?

I understand that there are 3 types of levels - displayed level, internal level, and cumulative level. What I don't understand is when I should use second seals/master seals.

As I understand, master seals don't affect cumulative level, so does that mean they don't hurt level up speed?

Using a Master Seal on a level 10 unpromoted unit makes them gain EXP slower, the game automatically adds those 10 missing levels to internal level or something.

For master seals, when you become a promoted class, the game reads your freshy level 1 promoted unit as level 21. It adds 20 levels to whatever displayed level for promoted units.

Internal levels and cumulative levels should be the same thing. Displayed level is what you see. Current level is what the game reads and it is generally the same as your displayed level expect for promoted units where it is displayed level plus 20.

Because of this, unless you already maxed most of your stats, you should use master seals as close to 20 as possible.

For second seals, it is usually better when you learn the second skill at level 15 for promoted units to change classes.

If you keep using second seals, your leveling rate will decrease as using second seals increases the internal levels that the game keeps track of. Every time you use a second seal, your internal level goes up by your current level divided in half minus one I believe. Your internal level gets factored into your exp gain so if you reclassed from a level 20 basic unit back to a level 1, the game will see it as a level 10 unit for exp gain.

NeonZ

Yeah I was the one who first said that, but I couldn't figure out how to change her back. Can you please tell us how?

Edit: Figured it out. You have to get SpotPass Tiki to be AT level 30 before you class change her to retain her manakete status.

Hm... I class changed her at level 30 because I wanted to change her straight to a Swordmaster. Are you saying that if you class change her before that she loses her dragon weakness and access to the Manakete class? I guess I can try that later.

Edit: Unless you're just talking about class changing from Manakete to Manakete? If so, that's how it works for everyone. You can only class change to your current class once you hit its max level.

How to abuse the Avatar Logbook

Using the Avatar Logbook you can VERY quickly Max stats your SpotPass/DLC/StreetPass characters.

Required:
An extra save file
Permanent stat-boost items (Energy Drops, Goddess Icons, etc.)

Recommended:
Golden Gaffe DLC
Normal/Casual save file to build your characters on
A handful of Master/Second Seals

1. Choose your desired character(s) to abuse NOTICE THIS DOES NOT WORK ON STORY CHARACTERS/YOUR AVATAR

2. Use ALL your available stat boost items on the character.

3. Update the Avatar Logbook with the upgraded unit

4. Save to a SEPARATE file

5. Restart the game and load your original save.

6. Recruit the character with upgraded stats onto the original file.

7. Repeat ad nauseum.

After you've maxed out their stats, I usually reclass them into a tactician for Veteran (Paragon works too) and send them into a mid-tier risen battle or another grinding map, then send them either directly to Grandmaster for Ignis or Mercenary for Armsthrift.

I recommended a Normal/Casual file so that you hit the level cap earlier - this gives you one actual file you play on (if you're running Hard/Lunatic/+) and two slots to build your characters on.

Walhart's Map (Conqueror's Whetstone) has large amounts of fully leveled Risen, its my favorite map for grinding.

Don't forget to use your Boots when you do this - its possible to get a 13 Movement speed unit with Deliverer+Boots+1 Movement. Since you restore your items when you load the original save, you can use your Boots on ALL Logbook characters this way.

Way too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom